AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Regios

Notices

View Poll Results: Regios - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 5 7.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 28.17%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 30.99%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 22.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 9.86%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-16, 14:18   Link #41
CybEssen
A gentle ripple

Anyone else annoyed that...

Spoiler for ep 6:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
maybe they feel Layfon presence and appear where Layfon is XD (since earlier he was in Grendan the bugs appeared there... and now he is in Zueli and bugs started to appear there XD )..........other option is that someone controls the bugs and uses them to destroy weak cities
Kind of leaning toward those myself.. It's a conspiracy!

Last edited by CybEssen; 2009-02-16 at 21:54.
Old 2009-02-16, 15:17   Link #42
Silaqui

Send a message via ICQ to Silaqui
Quote:
Originally Posted by CybEssen View Post
Quote:
maybe they feel Layfon presence and appear where Layfon is XD (since earlier he was in Grendan the bugs appeared there... and now he is in Zueli and bugs started to appear there XD )..........other option is that someone controls the bugs and uses them to destroy weak cities
Kind of leaning toward those myself.. It's a conspiracy!
But without them appearing the show would kinda get boring, don't you think? So, until now I don't see any connection between Layfon and the filth monsters.
Old 2009-02-16, 16:22   Link #43
Clarste
Human

Didn't they say that the city itself was moving towards the bugs, and not the bugs coming after the city? IE: the fairy in charge of Grendan hunts down bugs because it knows they can handle them and now Zuellni is starting to do the same. It's all the fairy's fault!
Old 2009-02-16, 16:33   Link #44
Eid

Yeah.. about the EP.. well.. I don't really know, nothing really interesting.. The "Shy" scenes are really...meh.. Tough I liked the EP, in general, it was kind of too short .
Old 2009-02-16, 17:56   Link #45
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

doh, i wanted to know what was in the letter... can someone clarify for me, if they ended up losing the match at the beginning of the ep? since it was their flag that was shot. i'm assuming they won because Layfon incapacitated everyone else, but the other commander's words confused me. maybe the subbers did a poor job translating there...

anyways, it seems like next ep Fon fon gets a huge honking sword which he'll have to use to save the city.. meh. typical plot line, but entertaining none the less.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:04   Link #46
SageGaiGar
You are Next

The other leader was implying they were relying too much on Fon-fon to kill steal everything. Hell he's a one man platoon.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:21   Link #47
Clarste
Human

The flag says 17 on it, so I assume they were defending. When defending, you win by either knocking out their commander or keeping the flag safe until time runs out. The enemy commander was fine, and the flag was damaged, so I'm pretty sure they lost.

The moral here was that rather than defending the flag as a team, they just sent Layfon out to go beat them all up, which he's perfectly capable of doing. However, that was a just a distraction by the enemy while they went after the flag. They were relying on his strength too much and lost because of it.
Old 2009-02-16, 18:21   Link #48
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
The other leader was implying they were relying too much on Fon-fon to kill steal everything. Hell he's a one man platoon.
No no he's a one-man-army, copyright of Mr Bushido from Gundam 00...
Old 2009-02-16, 19:05   Link #49
Elvanvitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Didn't they say that the city itself was moving towards the bugs, and not the bugs coming after the city? IE: the fairy in charge of Grendan hunts down bugs because it knows they can handle them and now Zuellni is starting to do the same. It's all the fairy's fault!
I agree with this. The SCP said it was 500KM in the direction the city was moving. This tells me why they haven't fought monsters before. They have drones scanning the area and the city moves where the monsters aren't. Them landing on one in the previous episode was just a fluke. But for some reason the city is moving towards this one. It's obviously has something to do with Layfon being there.

"Coming after me wasn't your best decision!"

love it. lol
Old 2009-02-16, 19:55   Link #50
TrueKnight

Call me crazy but I like this ep more than ep 5, lets see:

- a letter was sent from one's Fon-fon's harem in Grendan;
- Mei's jealousy and curiosity over the letter;
- Fon-fon owning a whole platoon once again;
- Felli's jealousy and curiosity over the letter;
- Sharnid's gun-fu style;
- Felli's failed attempt at cooking and trying hard to find out if Fon-fon had a girlfriend? lol.
- Zuellni had a frickin combat drone, lol @ how an academic city manage to produce some military gimmick which purpose is recon? made sense with the Filth monster situation I guess;
- The president is acting all CIA against us and saying Layfon is their possibly best agent agent, soldier and field operatives for the Filth monsters, Layfon accept the offer.
- LOL @ scoreboard, overpowered Layfon strikes again;
- Layfon and Narki developement, the way he established and yet add another collection in his harem is getting ridiculous;
- Nina emo-ing over her pathetic combat prowess compared with Fon-fon, but finally gets over it with the help of Zuellni?
- Next week, Layfon kicking major ass against the Filth monster Woot!
Old 2009-02-16, 22:17   Link #51
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Less harem, more action and plot.

But funny episode with Felli.

<3 Mei.
Old 2009-02-16, 22:17   Link #52
gonzo562

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post

- Felli's failed attempt at cooking and trying hard to find out if Fon-fon had a girlfriend? lol.
- Zuellni had a frickin combat drone, lol @ how an academic city manage to produce some military gimmick which purpose is recon? made sense with the Filth monster situation I guess;
- The president is acting all CIA against us and saying Layfon is their possibly best agent agent, soldier and field operatives for the Filth monsters, Layfon accept the offer.
- Layfon and Narki developement, the way he established and yet add another collection in his harem is getting ridiculous;
- Nina emo-ing over her pathetic combat prowess compared with Fon-fon, but finally gets over it with the help of Zuellni?
good summary. I hope for some good action next episode and i hope its not short
Old 2009-02-16, 23:53   Link #53
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post

The score for Layfon is OVER NINE THOUSSSANNNND!!! (more like over one mill-yun, What?! no way! Refer to DBZ Frieza form 2)

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-02-17, 00:28   Link #54
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silaqui View Post
But without them appearing the show would kinda get boring, don't you think? So, until now I don't see any connection between Layfon and the filth monsters.
I could totally dig "Chrome Shelled Harem Highschool Hijinks".
Old 2009-02-17, 00:50   Link #55
TrueKnight

Okay. Now on to the serious side.

From ep 1 till 6 we see Kalian trying to persuade Layfon (forcefully) in order to join their military. It could be argued that he's successful as Layfon is drafted in the Military section, but with mix if not dissapointing result, that is Layfon was still half-heartedly doing his job and more concentrated in normal life (cleaning).

At ep 5 he's finally realized that with his power he's bound to protect whats around him whether he liked it or not. Ep 6 finally proved that Layfon accepted Kalian's offer to be an undercover Superman in order to kill the bugs to protect Zuellni,

Hence in that retrorespect, Kallian's already achieved his goal albeit not easy with Layfon's finally working in order to protect Zuellni. Hence in the defensive.

That being said, I don't trust Kalian. Now he's still at the pretext for protecting Zuellni so Layfon doesn't mind as long its for that goal.

But again the man (Kalian) is basically a patriot, and will do anything for the benefit of Zuellni. Here's what my speculation on what he's planning to do with Layfon's 'aid'.

- Zuellni was once a rich city with many mines, but currently only had one mine left and in the verge of bankruptcy. Kalian will try to use Layfon in order to compete with other academy city, to win over the mines, and again with the pretext of protecting Zuellni, but in truth will be actually on the offensive and goes into pre-emptive.
- After Zuellni has acquired many mines as the result from Layfon's effort, Kalian will try to establish a relation with Grendan using the newly acquired mines and Layfon as a bargaining tool in order from a strategic military alliance.

Yeah politic sucks. But that's my take on the overall goal of the current Zuellni's administration. Which unfortunately is corrupt (as seen with the police officials in episode 6).
Old 2009-02-17, 04:38   Link #56
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Good epi, mei always moe and the cooking scene is really funny.
Probably Nina is already jealous of Layfon and i want see which is her next move xDD
Old 2009-02-17, 04:46   Link #57
kenecix

get layfon to teach her? :x
Old 2009-02-17, 05:57   Link #58
NoOneKnowS
Who am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenecix View Post
get layfon to teach her? :x
Nah, she has too much pride for that. (though I'm a nina fan lol) Now I'm curious over Lilin. I want to see her now. Just finished reading chptr 6 of the manga and god she was cute.
Old 2009-02-17, 09:22   Link #59
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Finally! Ep 6 is in hand.

Notes.

- All of a sudden, Mei looks cute to me. Finally, I can like her much better.
- Even Felli is having second thoughts about passing the letter to Layfon... yes Felli, do just that and you just made me confirm what I want to confirm
- A Felli that's no good in cooking is fine too... >///>
- ... Even Zuellni!? Now that's a real loli + jailbait! Man Layfon just how big is your harem... just kidding. Well even Nina hesitated to give the letter... maybe her jealousy towards Layfon's strength can be excused...
- ... Narki, don't tell me you also plan to join the flay...

That pretty much sums up my thoughts on this episode.
Old 2009-02-17, 10:51   Link #60
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Oh.. does Zuellni navigate on her own? It sounded like they have no control over where the city goes.