AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-01-03, 06:07   Link #1721
Kensuke

Quick question, do I need to see the entire TV-series first before watching OVA? I have seen first eight episodes so far, so how much the OVA spoils?
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 06:24   Link #1722
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

the OVA happens right after episode 13, and before 14...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 06:38   Link #1723
Kensuke

Thank you for the answer.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 08:43   Link #1724
Chinomi
Amateur Voice Actress

Send a message via AIM to Chinomi Send a message via MSN to Chinomi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRDP1AY2Luw

Uh >_>
Chinomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 09:10   Link #1725
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinomi View Post
my eyes burn...
Old 2007-01-03, 10:05   Link #1726
martino
makes no files now

The OVA was quite dissapointing, I cannot be bothered writing my thought since here since I've already done a review at MyAnimeList.

As for that video...you can see my comments there. Superb animation btw!
Old 2007-01-03, 10:48   Link #1727
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ heh yea it was somewat of a filler ova without much development than what we already know...shame really i was hoping for something more exciting

that vid needs to burn...absolute crap imo...only funny bit was the speed up version of the end song :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 10:52   Link #1728
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
I thought it was somewhat of a disappointment for those hoping for new content from the novels or perhaps some excitement. Well, the only thing that had going for me for the OVA was the amount of humor and Ike abuse (Poor dude )

I think people like me who want more things animated out from the novels are going to be pretty disappointed even with the movie after all. *Prays for news of a second season just to keep hopes alive >_<*
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-03, 10:55   Link #1729
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Knowing what was going to happen in the OVA before watching makes up for a more enjoyable watch if you ask me. Sure i wanted more out of it - but its just for a laugh, so i enjoyed it a hell of a lot.
Old 2007-01-03, 19:39   Link #1730
Chinomi
Amateur Voice Actress

Sorry guys. It was a joke I did with a friend, I did my best with a specific type of humor only a few enjoy. But I guess things that I have fun making just aren't appreciated. Guess I won't make anymore. Thanks for watching at least =)

I knew I shouldn't have posted it here. Ah' well. ^_^
Old 2007-01-04, 04:12   Link #1731
Skane
Anime Snark

Thumbs up

Just watched the OVA.
  • I dig the new ED. I wonder how many people bothered to notice that the ED's art changed?
  • Oh Ike... you lucky, and yet unlucky, bastard.
  • I am beginning to think that there are a lot of yaoi fangirls in J.C. Staff... but I forgive them, because seeing Oga go completely bonkers from her hyperactive imagination was comedy gold.
  • It must be a rule at J.C. Staff that Yoshida's breasts be the focus in at least one scene. To counteract the yaoi jokes?
Overall, I was highly entertained by the OVA.

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-04, 04:20   Link #1732
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Sorry guys. It was a joke I did with a friend, I did my best with a specific type of humor only a few enjoy. But I guess things that I have fun making just aren't appreciated. Guess I won't make anymore. Thanks for watching at least =)

I knew I shouldn't have posted it here. Ah' well. ^_^
*lol*

Nevermind the naysayers, I had a good time with it ^_^ (and many others I spoke to about it, too).

Thanks for your contribution!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 04:49   Link #1733
Aka
Green Trees
*Artist

Quote:
That just ruined Shakugan no Shana for me... abit.... x.x Now I wish I went back in time and stop myself from watching this. >_> Although I found it hilarious XD Now I can imagine Shana as a stick >_> with a santa hat. Awsome LOL Yuji goes from green hair to bald then green hair again?! lol xD
Aka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 10:00   Link #1734
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Just watched the OVA.
  • I am beginning to think that there are a lot of yaoi fangirls in J.C. Staff... but I forgive them, because seeing Oga go completely bonkers from her hyperactive imagination was comedy gold.
  • It must be a rule at J.C. Staff that Yoshida's breasts be the focus in at least one scene. To counteract the yaoi jokes?
J.C. Staff is known to have a large breast fetish like Toei. They love drawing and focusing on them for some reason whenever they are allowed to create their own material.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-04, 13:50   Link #1735
Chinomi
Amateur Voice Actress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aka View Post
That just ruined Shakugan no Shana for me... abit.... x.x Now I wish I went back in time and stop myself from watching this. >_> Although I found it hilarious XD Now I can imagine Shana as a stick >_> with a santa hat. Awsome LOL Yuji goes from green hair to bald then green hair again?! lol xD
That's because I'm the best animator in the world, ya?

Kidding :P
Old 2007-01-05, 13:12   Link #1736
Shabazza
transcendental

just finished Shakugan no Shana and I don't know what I should think about it...

There were so many chances to develop a good story. For example Hecate: Why is she "empty"? Why is that Metamorphosing guy protecting her?

I also found those "little" relationships unsatisfying... Somehow everyone loves someone in this anime but without any progression towards his or her love.
Especially the Yuji - Shana - Yoshida relationship could have been much more better. Everyone acted far too childisch imo.
Also the explanation about the whole world lacked. What are those Tomogara really? Why are there multiple groups within them? What the hell is with that "Silver Flame" Margery Daw was always talking about? Why did that little Flame Haze boy suddenly got no more screentime (his golem seemed pretty useful in offense)? What about the Corpse Eater?

Will there be a second season?
What about the manga? Does it also have the same logical mistakes as the anime?
Shabazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 13:20   Link #1737
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabazza View Post
Will there be a second season?
What about the manga? Does it also have the same logical mistakes as the anime?
we don't know. (and actually, the manga was released pretty recently... it has only 2 volumes...)

however, keep in mind that SnS is a novel from the start. so there are a lot of materials which J.C staff could cover, but most likely wasn't able to, time and budget wise.

honestly, SnS pace was already fast, and sometimes really cluttered (there were very few fillers), so it was a better idea to only focus on Friagne and Bal Masqué "first attack" arcs, rather then spread too much the plot.
Old 2007-01-12, 08:11   Link #1738
poppy@muffy
poppy@muffy

You bought those Shakugan no Shana novels? But can you understand japanese? n_n"
poppy@muffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-13, 20:53   Link #1739
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Newtype scan:

Larger (5503x3455, 3.1 MB) version at moe.imouto.org.
Maids! Maids! Maids! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 05:20   Link #1740
staruval

guys, do you know where do i can read or download shakugan no shana novel? Please, i want to read it.
staruval is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, j.c. staff, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsundere