AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-27, 14:02   Link #1
aahhsin

Anyone here getting bored of watching anime?

Maybe I'm just getting old.

Anyone have any prescriptions to help me out?
Old 2004-03-27, 14:12   Link #2
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

ummmm can't help ya there O_O
Old 2004-03-27, 14:18   Link #3
Sethi
StormRider

Well try different anime from what you usually see, and if you see lots of drama animes, try seeing a comedy one just for fun, if it doesn't work then you are really getting old
Old 2004-03-27, 17:28   Link #4
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Medication prescription:

- Dokkoida

- Ebichu

- Rumic Theatre ^^
Old 2004-03-28, 19:30   Link #5
MikoKikyo

That happens to me sometimes... I just stop watching it for a while nd then next thing I know, I'm hooked on a new show, full force
So just relax, give it a break maybe?
Old 2004-03-28, 19:38   Link #6
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Not if you go to TAF.
Old 2004-03-28, 19:47   Link #7
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Not if you go to TAF.
Whats TAF?

anyways anime is life HAIL Anime
Old 2004-03-28, 20:07   Link #8
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin

hehe, it's a recurring phenomenon I experience after finished a series i really enjoyed, somehow you don't feel like starting a new one but I always seem to find new interesting ones. I'd suggest you pick up a completely different series than the ones you are used to. Around here we have a saying that says (roughly translated) "a change of food makes you eat" (verandering van spijs doet eten) which means that changing genre can open a whole new world of anime again
And when you grow bored of that one you can always return to the original genre...

Another remedy: turn on the tv and force yourself to watch a few sitcoms, you'll get sick so fast you'll be screaming for anime
Old 2004-03-28, 23:02   Link #9
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
Its just a habbit, you just need to change paces a bit. Usually I play games all the time, now I just watch anime. After just finishing D.N Angel, I don't feel like watching more anime for the time being. Gonna go back to my games. Like I said, mix it up a little, get a change in pace.
Old 2004-03-29, 01:09   Link #10
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Perhaps you're just a jaded anime watcher... Dunno, but for me, nothing of this season and last are catching my interest, whereas a year ago, I'd be watching like 10 series at a time. Happens to me once in a while, I used to be a person waiting for an episode and getting it the second it's been released and watch it the same day, whereas now, I just download and let something sit on my computer for weeks at a time.

Watching some old classics, old movies, or different style of animation are a good way to break up the monotony.
Old 2004-03-29, 01:54   Link #11
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
im glad your just bored of it an not hating it. just need some new ones to pump your blood. naruto is in the process of wasting time right now so i think you should grab "full metal alchemist". and guess what? its subbed by anbu and aone.
Old 2004-03-29, 01:58   Link #12
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

Ebichu. LOL. That'll affect you. In a positive way? Who knows...
I agree with whoever suggested you turn on the normal television. Sort of weird watching sitcom....
Old 2004-03-29, 15:22   Link #13
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamano667
Whats TAF?

anyways anime is life HAIL Anime
TAF is Tokyo International Anime Fair. It is an annual event that Japanese anime studios show up and introduce their upcoming and future lineups. Many guests from various Japanese anime industries appear to do autograph sessions and panels. It took place last weekend at [of course] Ariake Tokyo Big Sight.

TAF HP: http://www.taf.metro.tokyo.jp/index.html
Old 2004-03-29, 15:45   Link #14
Forse
r00t for life

Quote:

Yep same here...I got bored with cliche things in anime. All kawaii shit and pervert stuff...I only watch old-school anime or something like narutaru or lain
Old 2004-03-29, 17:38   Link #15
AG3
Inactive ex-WoW addict

Nope. But I've been watching anime and reading manga for less than a year, and I watch very few fansubbed series (only Full Metal Alchemist right now). I'm in no rush.
Old 2004-03-29, 20:52   Link #16
dkellis
illusion control
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to dkellis Send a message via AIM to dkellis Send a message via MSN to dkellis
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
hehe, it's a recurring phenomenon I experience after finished a series i really enjoyed, somehow you don't feel like starting a new one but I always seem to find new interesting ones.
That, or at least a close variation thereof, has been affecting me these days. After I finished Ultra Maniac, I went on to Full Moon wo Sagashite, and then Dokkoida, and then ROD TV (burned CDs from a fellow anime club member), and now I don't feel like watching any other series for fear of being disappointed.
Old 2004-03-29, 21:23   Link #17
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

Quote:

yes, but I still watch the good ones. I find myself burning more and more instead of watching. I will instantly watch OP or FMA after download but the rest.. I'll only watch when I have nothing to do, sometimes never.
Old 2004-03-29, 21:59   Link #18
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

Aahhsin Thats not you there talking. I can only say this. Okay your right, being an otaku is like living with the same woman all your life. Sometimes you get bored but that how life is. Good relation depend on how your relation is structured in diversity. Actualy your chances are good cause the anime world is uge ^^

I survived "Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu and I'm not crazy ^^. Believe it or not thats the kinda show you can consider a challenge to just watch. Try it.
Old 2004-03-29, 23:41   Link #19
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOJOS'STAR
Aahhsin Thats not you there talking. I can only say this. Okay your right, being an otaku is like living with the same woman all your life. Sometimes you get bored but that how life is. Good relation depend on how your relation is structured in diversity. Actualy your chances are good cause the anime world is uge ^^

I survived "Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu and I'm not crazy ^^. Believe it or not thats the kinda show you can consider a challenge to just watch. Try it.
Already did. Here's a list what I watched more or less.

Jungle Guu
Mahoromatic S1 and 2
Rizelmine
Vandread
Kenshin
Naruto
Sister Princess
Escalflowne
Gundam X, W, SeeD
Initial D
Shaman King
Inuyasha
Ranma 1/2
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
Golden Boy
Kiddy Grade
Azumanga Daioh
.hack//sign
Noir
Ayashi No Ceres
King of Bandits, Jing
Bible Black (Yea yea yea, I actually liked the plot of this hahaha)
Chobits
Love Hina

Those are what I can think of right now... man i watched a lot.... well as you can see I pretty much watch anything.

Any precriptions? hey JoJo what anime is that in your avatar, that might work that looks funny and interesting.
Old 2004-03-30, 11:23   Link #20
animedudematt

I always thought anime had to much variation to ever get boring, but i suppose if u do ANYTHING to much it will get boring. I dont know try doing lots of stuff and watch anime when u dont have much else to do, and not watch to much ull be fine.
Closed Thread