Notices

Old 2012-11-29, 18:18   Link #541
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post

now you know why the ending sung by Aika is called happy endings
Yeah, no doubt. I put it on repeat after the episode.
Old 2012-11-29, 18:26   Link #542
Dop
Mmmm....

Every time I see that skull I'm expecting someone to do that particular Hamlet quote. But at least now we've had The Tempest referred to explicitly.

Samon's expressions of sheer disbelief at how rapidly the situation which he had thought he was on top of had suddenly got totally away from him were priceless. Note that as how the situation changes he moves from the high ground right to the back.

What's past is prologue, indeed!
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:29   Link #543
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Samon's expressions of sheer disbelief at how rapidly the situation which he had thought he was on top of had suddenly got totally away from him were priceless. Note that as how the situation changes he moves from the high ground right to the back.
Well that was more about what Yoshino wanted, he seemed to want to take the high ground for this conversation and to move Samon away from Hakaze's bones. It is amusing though that Yoshino who had been in the background almost all this scene to Mahiro and Samon now forcibly switched Samon to that area.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 19:07   Link #544
Bern-san

Maybe this is more adequate for the manga thread (it's merchandise so no spoilers), I've seen announced this butterfly necklace for some time but is Gangan going to give it in one of their issues or is it going on sale on shops?
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-11-29, 21:04   Link #545
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Maybe this is more adequate for the manga thread (it's merchandise so no spoilers), I've seen announced this butterfly necklace for some time but is Gangan going to give it in one of their issues or is it going on sale on shops?
Images
My reading skills are crap, but I believe the necklace is only obtainable by submitting the application form included in November's Gangan.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:09   Link #546
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man those two (Mahiro and Yoshino) sure know how to completely change up the situation. It was pure hilarity watching Samon freak out when Mahiro was still more than ready to take the shot. A guy who will destroy the world or sacrifice what he has to in order to get what he wants. Then Yoshino steals the high ground and the attention by figuring some things out. With how Samon is freaking out I assume he's on the right page.

What exactly took two years to set up? Was it awakening the tree or making sure they could recover Hakaze via a very unbelievable method? Even if Samon is willing to gamble, even he wouldn't do something like this without making sure he had a foolproof way to bring Hakaze back to them.

Gutsy move by Yoshino though. Now he can't escape from telling Mahiro about Aika's boyfriend. But in the end it's a risk he had to take and frankly something he was going to tell him about when this was over anyways. So might as well bring it to the forefront of things.
Old 2012-11-29, 21:15   Link #547
GDB

I have a feeling Yoshino's plan is to use time travel and bring the Hakaze to whom they've been talking to the present, rather than reviving the one who died. No idea how, since the only magic we've seen outside of the coconut is barrier and healing, but still.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 21:45   Link #548
Seihai
スマイリウム

I didn't know if I was supposed to laugh my ass off at Samon or be stunned at the way Yoshino reversed the situation in such a magnificant and fateful way. Let's just say I was like "holy shit it doesn't make sense but it all makes sense and Yoshino is so bada- *sees Samon's expressions and laughs out loud*"

Next episode looks like a jackpot. Yamamoto x Natsumura ftw! Also I will be undescribably happy if Hakaze will make it back alive and in one piece. She's too bold and sexy to die! I mean, Miyuki Sawashiro is voicing her... come on!
Old 2012-11-29, 22:03   Link #549
Bombo
TSF Fans

If samon went to hospital after this I will not blame him for blow his head hahahaha .... The power "BOYFRIEND" > THE WORLD that's all hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Oh man this is just awesome! and ROFL to Samon's WTF face
Images
lol
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 22:05   Link #550
TimeSkip

Samon was bluffing. We already knew from the past episodes that he had planned to bring Hakaze back, in case things got out of control.

There might be some magic or something hidden on that island that Samon had prepared to bring Hakaze back.

To Yoshino and Mahiro, Hakaze may be an illusion. To Hakaze, whatever's happening in the future is also an illusion - a possible timeline.

Things can be changed depending on how Hakaze acts from now on. Say, what if she didn't die in the past.

Last edited by TimeSkip; 2012-11-30 at 06:38.
TimeSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 22:21   Link #551
Elestia

I'm glad they managed to keep the dialogue interesting throughout the episodes. The direction and handling of the flow of the exposition is really well written. I never feel bored while watching this series.

The enigmatic Aika seemed to have predicted her own death too.
Old 2012-11-29, 23:16   Link #552
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

This was a fantastically delicious episode.

I'll refrain from ruining myself for what hopefully will be the big reveal next week, and so will only comment on Evangeline:

Am I correct in the insinuation this episode that she's actually a Kusaribe? Possible an unknown (to the family at least), member? Because, if so, it adds yet another dimension to the possible killers of Aika list.

Also, if you're a manga reader, please consider that a rhetorical question. My asking that doesn't mean I want some manga reader or whatever to send me a private message answering me.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 00:12   Link #553
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
This was a fantastically delicious episode.

I'll refrain from ruining myself for what hopefully will be the big reveal next week, and so will only comment on Evangeline:

Am I correct in the insinuation this episode that she's actually a Kusaribe? Possible an unknown (to the family at least), member? Because, if so, it adds yet another dimension to the possible killers of Aika list.
What are you basing that from? If it's the fact she could use magic then remember that Yoshino handed a bunch of talismans to her a few eps back.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 01:32   Link #554
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Ahaha Ahahahaha!! Samon!! The face! The expression!! This is priceless!!
More I need more! Where is the next episode?? I need more wretched expression!!
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 02:34   Link #555
EroKing

Someone (Arya was it?) called it last week saying Aika might be from the future and that certainly looks like a good possibility after watching this week's episode.

Those lines at the end - "All of this world's events, all of the living creatures, as well as the ocean, sky, clouds, wind, and sun...
All of that has been put on a scale, and has all been outweighed, by this girl named Aika." was truly epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Next episode looks like a jackpot. Yamamoto x Natsumura ftw! Also I will be undescribably happy if Hakaze will make it back alive and in one piece. She's too bold and sexy to die! I mean, Miyuki Sawashiro is voicing her... come on!
QTF!
Old 2012-11-30, 06:46   Link #556
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Ahaha Ahahahaha!! Samon!! The face! The expression!! This is priceless!!
More I need more! Where is the next episode?? I need more wretched expression!!
It's really the face vs the sword pounding

Quote:
Images
By application. So yeah, need a Japan address or proxy service to mail to.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-11-30 at 07:07.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:45   Link #557
blewin

oh gee..... supposedly a serious situation but the fact that Mahiro got swayed by the mere fact of who Aika's boyfriend is is just hilarious. It's so ridiculous that it's hilarious....... a bit of a twisted humour since Aika is already dead and the world is about to be destroyed... so weird.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 07:51   Link #558
MasterVampire

It was funny seeing Samon freaking out.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 08:08   Link #559
Witch of Uncertainty

Aika is Hakaze. Fo sho'
Witch of Uncertainty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 10:19   Link #560
shinigami99

I'm loving this series. Probably the best of the season (yes, even better than chuunibyou). Also, the use of arranged Beethoven's Tempest sonata (my favourite of his 32 great sonatas) for full orchestra gave me chills. How appropriate, the Tempest sonata for the revelation of the Tempest play.

Yoshino being badass and always seems to have something up his sleeve, even if he is thinking on his feet and finding out stuff for the first time.
Mahiro seems to be a tragic hero in a sense. He has many qualities of a great person (very loyal as well-to Yoshino at least), but in this case, he has a flaw, and that flaw is his thirst for revenge, even endangering the world for it.
shinigami99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen