AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-29, 21:12   Link #2041
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
If this was a real Saki mahjong game I think Hisa or Nodoka would be the one to come out on top. Hisa = Nodoka > Toki >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kuro in mahjong abilities
Toki's seeing ability. That's not something to underestimate though -- especially when Toki calls Riichi Ippatsu. Unless of course, the turn sequence gets interrupted by Open tile calls (chii, pon, etc).
Old 2012-10-29, 22:53   Link #2042
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Best guess there are still a lot of people interested that can't vote in the tournament anymore. If one considers ISML's numbers in the 10,000 range, that would suggest there are that many people still interested in Saimoe, but can't (or won't) vote in it for one reason or another.
Puh-leaze. ISML is a botnet paradise. I doubt it even has 200 unique voters.

- - - -

All the tears around here is... delicious.

Though, to be honest, I think the main culprit of the low votes are the shows themselves. I'm not talking about Saki dominance, I'm talking about how no series really shined last year. PMMM dominated last year because it was the only series almost anyone was talking about. This year? *shrug*
Old 2012-10-29, 23:43   Link #2043
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Too many returning veterans, factions and series to talk about, but few lived up to expectations. Only Team Saki had their game together.
Old 2012-10-29, 23:55   Link #2044
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aya Reiko View Post
Proof? Evidence?
Old 2012-10-30, 01:27   Link #2045
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Toki's seeing ability. That's not something to underestimate though -- especially when Toki calls Riichi Ippatsu. Unless of course, the turn sequence gets interrupted by Open tile calls (chii, pon, etc).
Against opponents like Nodoka and Hisa, I imagine they'll plan ahead to be able to call tiles to break Toki's Riichi Ippatsu ability.

Quote:
The results are legit. They largely fall in line with statistics. Maybe the cheaters are intentionally distributing their votes in such a way to fool some random person's voting model but I doubt they would care that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldlight View Post
Too many returning veterans, factions and series to talk about, but few lived up to expectations. Only Team Saki had their game together.
I think this is a big problem. There are a lot of big names so it seems like Saki should have competition. However, if all those big names are just a shadow of their former strength, Saki doesn't really have much competition at all.
Old 2012-10-30, 01:34   Link #2046
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Against opponents like Nodoka and Hisa, I imagine they'll plan ahead to be able to call tiles to break Toki's Riichi Ippatsu ability.
Here's the thing though. Toki can still see future vision, whether calls would be made or not. What then?

It's not really Ippatsu, that's her forte: it's that crazy vision of hers.
Old 2012-10-30, 02:29   Link #2047
woxx

Quote:
I'm just suprising that most of people don't get it and don't want to get it.

Ah nevermind me, Kuroukihime wons Chitanda
Old 2012-10-30, 02:37   Link #2048
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hachiko View Post
Proof? Evidence?
This was discussed last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlavorOfLife
Please, cheating in ISML is just a single tier botnet and randomised command macro away. The only thing stopping it is its own obscurity. Even a script kiddie could do it.

The point is simple. Those whining on and on and on and calling for a reality check need a reality check themselves.
Sauce: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...05008&page=219
Old 2012-10-30, 03:49   Link #2049
AP24

Too bad Shana lost. Well at least she and Louise did great reaching the top 8 in their final year.
Old 2012-10-30, 03:55   Link #2050
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:

I was more looking for stuff from the scene of the crime proving that it is a botnet, not so much opinions from last year. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I still think that the world needs to be able to vote again in 2channel AST. Getting rid of multivoting is like trying to get rid of Kyuubey in PMMM. You just can't. They will always be there, whether or not the world votes.
Old 2012-10-30, 05:14   Link #2051
Wanderer
Goat

Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (4-4), Predictions (6-2)
Q Finals: Picks (2-2), Predictions (4-0)

Cool. I predicted it right... I hope Hisa can upset Dragon Lord. At least Hisa's the better mahjong player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Against opponents like Nodoka and Hisa, I imagine they'll plan ahead to be able to call tiles to break Toki's Riichi Ippatsu ability..
Nodoka wouldn't do that. She thinks she lives in the real world. That's why she sucks.

Hisa would try, and figure out that it didn't work (as Kyuu pointed out). Then she'd try something else.

In either case, they'd both be pretty screwed when faced against Toki. Especially Nodoka.
Old 2012-10-30, 05:33   Link #2052
Archaeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Slayer View Post
I'm with ya both. Peoples tears make this domination that much sweeter.
So I guess I'm not the only one who enjoy the rage from non Saki fan.

I'm going to remember this Saki domination.

I believe this is the first time where all the semi final are from the same series right? Is there other record that Saki broke this year?

Last edited by Archaeon; 2012-10-30 at 05:44.
Old 2012-10-30, 05:37   Link #2053
Hachiko
The Akita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Nodoka wouldn't do that. She thinks she lives in the real world. That's why she sucks.

Hisa would try, and figure out that it didn't work (as Kyuu pointed out). Then she'd try something else.

In either case, they'd both be pretty screwed when faced against Toki. Especially Nodoka.
I think if Toki does what Touka did I think she has a shot at the Final.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:12   Link #2054
Team Rocket Elite

The faction wars are done. Saki won. Now each vote needs to decide which Saki character they want to win the whole thing. The first semifinal features Toki vs Nodoka. Nodoka was the strongest of the original Saki characters while Toki should be the strongest of the new Saki characters. Whoever wins this match will likely go on to win the finals as well. Nodoka barely scraped by Ako and Saki. A bit less luck and she wouldn't be here right now. It's hard to imagine Toki being weaker than Ako so these are not good results for Nodoka. Toki also beat Saki easily in the preliminaries so it's hard to see her being weaker than Saki. I don't think Nodoka should be counted out completely but Toki should be the solid favourite to win.

Vote:
Onjouji Toki

Prediction:
Onjouji Toki
Old 2012-10-30, 09:20   Link #2055
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Round 1: Picks (45-43-8), Predictions (69-27)
Round 2: Picks (12-20), Predictions (22-10)
Round 3: Picks (7-9), Predictions (13-3)
Round 4: Picks (4-4), Predictions (6-2)
Q Finals: Picks (2-2), Predictions (4-0)

Cool. I predicted it right... I hope Hisa can upset Dragon Lord. At least Hisa's the better mahjong player.

Wait... are you saying that Nodoka sucks at mahjong?

Granted that her strict sensibilities against "superstition" does cause her blind-spots, but it also actually helps her sometimes (such as it did against Stealth Momo). Nodoka is almost like Umineko's Battler in that her "magic-denying" can turn the magic off when it comes to some opponents.

I still think, for example, that Nodoka could be an unusually tricky opponent for Teru, because there's nothing there for Teru "to see", since Nodoka is just about all-around good fundamentals when it comes to mahjong playing.
Old 2012-10-30, 09:20   Link #2056
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Toki's the only thing keeping me interested in this tourney so please beat Nodoka.
Old 2012-10-30, 10:20   Link #2057
wontaek

Quote:

The person was just saying how you can cheat in ISML. Unless you can show me a script that can beat numerous vote checking algorithm we have, I believe we are catching and invalidating 90+% of botnet voting of the type he describes. Nobody refuted him because we know there are people who tries to cheat such a way. He didn't produce any evidence, nor demonstrated what he said is possible. Also, he wasn't claiming 90+% of ISML votes are fake. I didn't bother answering him because there was possibility that some votes of the nature he described did elude out myriad of vote checking system and in many contest, just a dozen or 2 could have changed who won and lost. To consider just that statement as discussion that thoroughly explored his claim is a fallacy.

ISML beats that 200 unique vote number in 14 countries in almost all the matches during 2012. I know from one Korean website, where you need a unique government issued social security number to register, that there was more than 100 unique voters for just that website who were voting in both ISML and Best Moe Tournament in 2008, when such SSID number was required by law, and when there were much less people voting in ISML.

To claim scale of botnet needed to justify your claim is to say most of the voters have average of 100+ bots at their disposal for just a single match since we do catch many bots in action. If you consider the number of unique IP address for the entire year, you would need 200+ bots on average since many people vote couple of times and then disappears. Please tell me how this can be plausible, especially since making and having a botnet should be illegal.

It would help us immensely if you can show us those scripts, randomized commands, how you can make/build a botnet, or where you can purchase/borrow a botnet.

Last edited by wontaek; 2012-10-30 at 11:58.
Old 2012-10-30, 12:31   Link #2058
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Hahaha. I can count like about three to four hundred unique votes from just about five forums. FORUMS. Where you only see people who are so bored that they would actually talk about their votes instead of just vote and be done with it.
Old 2012-10-30, 13:07   Link #2059
Marina2

What does ability in Mahjong have anything to do with Sa(k)imoe 2012 anyway?

This is Sa(k)imoe not Mahjong. Kuro's crying face is more moe than Hisa and Nodoka!!
Old 2012-10-30, 13:23   Link #2060
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Well, the mahjong abilities segue started from a 'what if' type of comment from last page.

But yeah, this isn't really supposed to be about who is the better mahjong player, but the most moe mahjong player among the final four.

Tags
2012, anime saimoe tournament, saimoe, tournament