AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

View Poll Results: Ore no Imouto (Season Two) - Episode 14-16 Rating
Perfect 10 25 19.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 13.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 10.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 9.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.55%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 10 7.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 4 3.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 33 25.58%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-20, 00:03   Link #241
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I'll add in....if anyone remembers, at the end of the very first episode where Kirino asks Kyousuke how he enjoyed the imouto dating sim, as he talks about it, his voice gets very soft when he goes over the details...something like "........and then they're gazing into the sunset and..." like he was honestly touched by the romance, even though it was bro and sis.

Perhaps this was also a subtle hint? The mood between him and Kirino in this scene also felt a little bit...and I remember the thought that briefly flashed in my head "Hm...are they actually going for.....!?" then "........nah, couldn't be!"
how naive was I?
It felt a good deal like foreshadowing.
Old 2013-08-20, 00:48   Link #242
zoolanderbr

Hi everybody, o'm sorry about my bad english (i'm from Brazil), the ending of anime is the same of light novel? In Light Novel Kirino and Kyousuke break up and turn only brother and sister?

I wish they still together in the future but dating =/

has any rumor about ova in future with this?

If anyone can answer me thank you.
Old 2013-08-20, 00:55   Link #243
GVN.Chaos

They agreed to break up in both LN and anime. How exactly are they follow the agreement is up to debate . Most of Kirino's fanbase agree that nothing changed
Old 2013-08-20, 01:00   Link #244
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
The final sign was actually in Episode 12... but it's cryptic on purpose, and often missed because people were so focused on Ayase and her subsequent rejection. The important thing was to notice was how strong of a motivator being reunited with Kirino was for him. Even though Ayase was with him the whole time, and even though he still had things to resolve with Kuroneko, Kirino is the person who he's thinking of and "fighting for". And it's the context of that separation and his realization that he doesn't want to be parted from her again that he realizes the true nature of his feelings. (Absence makes the heart grow fonder?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I would have to agree with you as well on that point, after that whole affair Kyousuke's actions around Kirino do change a little which we can see when he is forced to leave the house to study. I feel like it is around then that he starts to realize his feelings. Although you could also argue he started to fall for her as early as the Season 1 OVA where he literally went half way around the world to get her cause he was lonely without her. The inner monologue he has when watching Kirino race against that girl (I forget her name) also starts to suggest he might have some actual feelings for her. The main reason we don't ever get that Silver Romance Bullet is in order to build up suspense for the finally when he finally does confess, that way no one knows who he is going to confess to.
The thing about subtle character development is that there's supposed to be a gradual change from start to finish but Kyousuke counts to five with his world trip and the fake boyfriend and jumps to ten during his confession. And the deliberate vagueness on Kyousuke's feelings is pointless anyway since traveling all the way to America is a tall order in and of itself. For the trail of mudprints Kyousuke might have behind him, his shoes are awfully clean.
GANBARIMASU
Old 2013-08-20, 01:10   Link #245
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito Kinomoto View Post
The thing about subtle character development is that there's supposed to be a gradual change from start to finish but Kyousuke counts to five with his world trip and the fake boyfriend and jumps to ten during his confession. And the deliberate vagueness on Kyousuke's feelings is pointless anyway since traveling all the way to America is a tall order in and of itself. For the trail of mudprints Kyousuke might have behind him, his shoes are awfully clean.
That's a matter of perspective. I would argue that the entire story from start to finish follows the progression of Kyousuke's feelings towards Kirino. The exact final form his feelings would take was not clear, and this was one of the questions that propelled the story ("will they or won't they?"). But the journey itself is traced throughout the whole work as a linear, gradual progression.

That doesn't mean that there aren't also other relationships that progressed throughout the series as well. If there were not, there would not have been any mystery or suspense about the destination, and that was a major factor that built hype/interest in the narrative.
Old 2013-08-20, 02:13   Link #246
takai
Easy Muffin

I honestly don't know what to think about the ending. I have so many mixed emotions about it.

I've been following this show for the past 3 years, and it was one of the first shows that got me back into anime to being with. So it'll always have a special place in my heart.

But this ending, it felt like we were just stolen from, and there's nothing we could do about it. I feel like it wasted our time by doing the no girl ending. I mean, what's the point if they even do this option? We had it, right there. But then they "broke up". Just felt like a bitch slap to the face to me. Especially as a Kirino fan.

It felt like a cop out due to that Japanese law against incest-related material. And it just upsets me.

I may have to re-watch it and let it sink in a bit more before I can give it it's final score. But I still imagined a better ending than this. I hate how we have to "assume" what happens next.
Old 2013-08-20, 02:20   Link #247
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by takai View Post
But this ending, it felt like we were just stolen from, and there's nothing we could do about it. I feel like it wasted our time by doing the no girl ending. I mean, what's the point if they even do this option? We had it, right there. But then they "broke up". Just felt like a bitch slap to the face to me. Especially as a Kirino fan.

It felt like a cop out due to that Japanese law against incest-related material. And it just upsets me.
Since I'm guessing someone else will say it if I don't (and it'll just repeat old comments), I'd encourage you to read over this thread if you have time for more perspectives to consider about the ending.
Old 2013-08-20, 02:28   Link #248
takai
Easy Muffin

Quote:
Since I'm guessing someone else will say it if I don't (and it'll just repeat old comments), I'd encourage you to read over this thread if you have time for more perspectives to consider about the ending.
I actually have a few longer ones open in tabs, which I plan to get to soon. Like the novel explanation by Sigup which I've already read half way through. It's made me feel a bit better.

But like I said, I plan to let it sink in some more, maybe watch it again, and read some more comments about it before giving the final score.
Old 2013-08-20, 02:57   Link #249
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Spoiler for Comparison to Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka:

Goeben Alaska Hood Albacore Archerfish

Lexington Hornet Taihou Ranger Surcouf

Wichita Houston Sirius Yuubari Brooklyn

Ikazuchi Hibiki Aviere Akizuki Suzutsuki

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-20 at 03:25.
Old 2013-08-20, 03:01   Link #250
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-08-20 at 03:25.
Old 2013-08-20, 03:33   Link #251
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
Old 2013-08-20, 03:46   Link #252
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Old 2013-08-20, 04:02   Link #253
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Back again on the subject of the ending and how to interpret it, another point to consider is also the ending of Episode 15 and Kirino's recordings to herself. Particularly:

Quote:
How can I stop this from ending in failure?
How do I make my dream come true?
How can I make him love me?
What do I need to do to be with him forever?
Consider that at the point when they listen to this, when Kirino and Kyousuke both yell out "Leave it to me!" in unison, they had already long-since agreed to their plan that executed at the end of the Episode 16. So basically their answer on how they could be together in love forever was, perhaps ironically, to just act like normal siblings. (Whether they ever acted like normal siblings in the first place is another matter, as mentioned by Kuroneko at the café, and suggested again by the epilogue.)
Old 2013-08-20, 04:15   Link #254
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Back again on the subject of the ending and how to interpret it, another point to consider is also the ending of Episode 15 and Kirino's recordings to herself. Particularly:

Consider that at the point when they listen to this, when Kirino and Kyousuke both yell out "Leave it to me!" in unison, they had already long-since agreed to their plan that executed at the end of the Episode 16. So basically their answer on how they could be together in love forever was, perhaps ironically, to just act like normal siblings. (Whether they ever acted like normal siblings in the first place is another matter, as mentioned by Kuroneko at the café, and suggested again by the epilogue.)

Yeah, that's a nice theory. Another thing is that I believe that there is no way that Kyousuke will really return to be just a brother to Kirino after hearing this recording. At this point Kyousuke finally realise what Kirino had gone through all this years. It was always her wish to get him to love her and to marry him etc. Now that this finally happened Kyousuke will not just go back to point zero. I just can't believe that.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:18   Link #255
GVN.Chaos

Quote:

Allow me to add my point too: what exactly is their definition of 'normal sibling' ? . At least the epilogue showed that Kyousuke's definition included 'kissing the other', while Kirino didn't
Old 2013-08-20, 04:33   Link #256
type-R!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Allow me to add my point too: what exactly is their definition of 'normal sibling' ? . At least the epilogue showed that Kyousuke's definition included 'kissing the other', while Kirino didn't
Well actually Kyousuke said so because of a previous event with Kirino right before he kisses her. But still, I'm pretty sure they don't hold a common definition for normal siblings aymore . It might actually prove very difficult for them at times to keep acting normal.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:35   Link #257
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by type-R! View Post
Well actually Kyousuke said so because of a previous event with Kirino right before he kisses her. But still, I'm pretty sure they don't hold a common definition for normal siblings aymore . It might actually prove very difficult for them at times to keep acting normal.
And that's the 'life counseling' come in handy : Make a things-normal-siblings-do list
Old 2013-08-20, 04:40   Link #258
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Allow me to add my point too: what exactly is their definition of 'normal sibling' ?
I feel like this is a troll, but to me, "normal siblings" to me are their relationship before the life consultation.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:43   Link #259
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I feel like this is a troll, but to me, "normal siblings" to me are their relationship before the life consultation.
lol that wasn't normal.I know siblings are tend to fight each other but this was way to extrem. I mean they just lived in the same house. That was the only connection they had. This isn't what siblings are supposed to be.
Old 2013-08-20, 04:52   Link #260
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Densetsuhakai View Post
lol that wasn't normal.I know siblings are tend to fight each other but this was way to extrem. I mean they just lived in the same house. That was the only connection they had. This isn't what siblings are supposed to be.
You might want to rethink that statement.
It sure isn't supposed to be that way, but in many cases in real life, it is. Friends are also understood as way better connection than siblings, which OreImo series are trying to deny at all cost.
Closed Thread