AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2008-03-02, 22:42   Link #241
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlygifted View Post
For Nagi to grow up so suddenly, and because of 2 closest people betraying her, that'd make her grow up in a wrong way. And no one really thinks of her as just the money snob in this story, since well..... a lot of characters also pack money. The thing is, her character is what we're picking at, and it's not the snobby rich girl that's posing a problem, but the fact she's a human girl that's 13 years old.
She could always fall for someone else! Wataru is probably out but who knows, maybe there will be a new character?
CJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 02:10   Link #242
anselfir
Style Über Alles

the way nagi would take maria route as a 'betrayal' is for her to stay in the childish and nongrown-up mode. so, if she does not feel betrayed by such a turn of events, this fact itself will serve to illustrate her character growth.

Quote:
it's not the snobby rich girl that's posing a problem, but the fact she's a human girl that's 13 years old.
i acknowledged this already, but there is the additional fact that her behavior, or at least the highlights of her behavior to the audience, are not an explication of her social position. but we are still aware of her social position by virtue of her wealth. so, there is little potential for a resolution of her character. a 'taking the long view' gaze into a tranquil and harmonic future for her character. at any time, one may be disturbed by the question of 'is this situation tasteful.' seeing that the introduction of political elements most of the time are political gestures, we have reservations about whether the writer wants to end the situation on a note of rich and privileged triumphant.

Last edited by anselfir; 2008-03-03 at 03:25.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-31, 20:21   Link #243
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Oh well, i havenīt seen the entire anime til now, and iīve like just started reading the manga (ch 1^^)

But i guess the manga has a few more important arcīs, and tons of fillers so the storyline isnīt too far apart in terms of anime-manga...
About Himegami being Hayateīs older brother, iīm not too sure about that, they donīt seem too much alike

Iīve been rooting for Hina ever since her first appearance in the anime, but after reading ichigo 100%, the obvious partner choice and main character in focus would be Nagi, as she is the character with the longest path to walk in order the fulfill her characterdevelopment, then thereīs always the possibility from the fanbase point of view, which would be hinagiku, then again, it could also be the person who was liked from the very beginning by the male lead - Maria, in my eyes ayumu has close to none chances, but maybe the mangaka will pull something amazing and get Hayate together with Isumi, but that is kinda unlikely to happen:P

Could someone link me some Hayate no Gotoku forums, if possible more indiscrete ones, iīm really eager to know what happens in the manga and as u all know, the manga in english is kinda limited, and waiting 3 months to get some updates in form of manga ainīt really too satisfying, i should probably try and learn how to read japanese though, too bad that wonīt be happening either, iīm still curious about the raws though
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 05:21   Link #244
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Just read chapter 170.

Koutetsu is Izumi's
Spoiler:

Way to throw a curveball at us, though I suspect it's just so that yet another murderous misunderstanding can arise...
Old 2008-04-17, 08:47   Link #245
shuin0120
Enpatsu no Christmas Eve

Send a message via Yahoo to shuin0120
hi guys new here on this thread i saw the latest chapter of this manga (RAW) did I mistook it? the one who hayate was serving now is izumi? how and why this happen and at the end of manga I saw nagi just reading manga.

in past chapter too I saw this manga and hayate's master is izumi can someone tell me why? I know it is spoiler but im ready for it (and ask for it ) thank you in advance.
shuin0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-28, 12:35   Link #246
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

OMG?! Hold the horses!

Did Hayate just-

Spoiler for Chap 172:

In other news...

Spoiler for 172:

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-05-01 at 03:15.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-30, 23:42   Link #247
-Breakthrough-

Yeah, I enjoyed the Izumi arc of the manga, especially Zero and teh Meisters.

On a side note, Stringer Segawa (Izumi and Kotetsu's dad) is pretty damn hilarious. But one thing I wish for in the manga is more Yukariko flashbacks, or at least one more, probably involving a Nagi development chapter.

But more Hina is always good.
-Breakthrough- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 03:52   Link #248
Used Can

Have there been more hints on the identity of Hayate's former girlfriend?
Used Can is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 09:05   Link #249
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Have there been more hints on the identity of Hayate's former girlfriend?
No, so far all the hints from the flashbacks that we get is...

Spoiler for what we know to this point:
Old 2008-05-02, 21:50   Link #250
Used Can

Thanks.

The only pic we've seen of her is that in which we can only see her back, right? Has it been mentioned/hinted how old was Hayate when he was with that girl?
Old 2008-05-02, 21:53   Link #251
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Thanks.

The only pic we've seen of her is that in which we can only see her back, right? Has it been mentioned/hinted how old was Hayate when he was with that girl?

Well, later on, we also get to see... The lower half of her face

Hayate mentioned in Vol 9 that he was with her during his kindergarten years.... And this latest flashback shows that they apparently did had some strong feelings going on...
Old 2008-05-04, 10:11   Link #252
Cinocard

Really, i wonder how strong ones feeling can be over ten years ( not to mention it ended at kindergarten age )
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-04, 10:15   Link #253
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Really, i wonder how strong ones feeling can be over ten years ( not to mention it ended at kindergarten age )

Strong enough for Hayate to burst into tears Uncontrollably.

And not the comedy-type mind you
Old 2008-05-04, 16:00   Link #254
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Strong enough for Hayate to burst into tears Uncontrollably.

And not the comedy-type mind you
Hmm... Is it possible to request a picture of him crying while thinking about her? Also, why would he cry while thinking about her? It's not as if he lacks people who cares for him as in the past.
Old 2008-05-05, 08:30   Link #255
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Hmm... Is it possible to request a picture of him crying while thinking about her? Also, why would he cry while thinking about her? It's not as if he lacks people who cares for him as in the past.

Here are some pics from the crying scenes from 172...

He says he doesn't know why he's crying, but it is obvious that the ex-gf left a huge impression on him, and it's likely he still cares about her a lot.

The cliche thing for the author to do, as others have speculated in the forum, is that the ex-gf IS actually one of the girls that he currently knows. Maria and Hina are usually the prime suspects since their age would match with that of Hayate's in the past... but you never know, they might as well throw us a curveball and have the ex show up as a completely different person
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 08:55   Link #256
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Also, why would he cry while thinking about her? It's not as if he lacks people who cares for him as in the past.

It's obvious from these flashback that she might just be the first person to be 'nice' to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
The cliche thing for the author to do, as others have speculated in the forum, is that the ex-gf IS actually one of the girls that he currently knows. Maria and Hina are usually the prime suspects since their age would match with that of Hayate's in the past... but you never know, they might as well throw us a curveball and have the ex show up as a completely different person
I for one expect her to be a completely new girl.

Or the least, not either one of those two girls.

Besides, Hayate remembers her name right?
Old 2008-05-05, 13:02   Link #257
Used Can

I think it's a bit difficult for her to be Hinagiku, since the hairstyle is completely different, and we've already seen how she looked like when she was a kid. I think Maria is a good possibility, since the hairstyle is quite similar, and that girl seemed to be using expensive clothes.

A new girl would be interesting, indeed.

PS: Thanks for the pics, KoroshiyaX.
Old 2008-05-05, 15:12   Link #258
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX View Post
Here are some pics from the crying scenes from 172...

He says he doesn't know why he's crying, but it is obvious that the ex-gf left a huge impression on him, and it's likely he still cares about her a lot.

and again, why are

a) the scanlaters so friggin slow
b) raws impossible to get ahold of

LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 15:10   Link #259
Used Can

On what basis are HnG chapters released? Weekly? Each two weeks? Monthly?
Old 2008-05-16, 04:55   Link #260
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Don't know, but the chinese scans are coming out chaps every 2 weeks, so... Yeah... >.>

In any case, I've just saw chap 173 and 174.

Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, shounen