AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-19, 22:09   Link #241
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
....Vexx-jiji, sometimes I look at you, and I wonder whether you should be using a Soujirou avvie instead. You are, in almost every way I can see, so alike to him.

...okay, maybe a luckier version of Soujirou. Your Kanata is still hale and hearty enough to steal half your late-night cup ramen snack.
Only that he's got a Kagamin-like Tsundere wife instead of a Kanata-like loli wife. That's 10 times more awesome than Soujirou could ever manage.
Old 2007-09-19, 22:39   Link #242
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
Ikahodo is beginning to replace dondake as the slang, so the girls were arguing about it during this episode; they talked about this also I think Lucky Channel radio show 2 or 3 weeks ago. Lot of people use it dondake on TV now days (like Yamapi) and ikahodo has been slowly replacing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Only that he's got a Kagamin-like Tsundere wife instead of a Kanata-like loli wife. That's 10 times more awesome than Soujirou could ever manage.
That's what I was about to say, he's no Soujirou; he has a Tsundere wife like me.
Old 2007-09-19, 23:33   Link #243
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post
That's what I was about to say, he's no Soujirou; he has a Tsundere wife like me.
Except that, if I remember correctly, Vexx's wife is also a loli.

So to paraphrase Soujirou's timeless line, Vexx is ALSO a lolicon.

....I wonder if Vexx's wife will come after us for discussing her like that. That is, if Vexx himself doesn't come after us first.
Old 2007-09-20, 00:03   Link #244
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

I'll be missing this show.

Sakuraba-sensei's rough demeanor left me wanting more; loved how she tries to correct herself way too late.

Also loved Konata's (or should I say Aya's?) sobbing in this scene:

...along with her brief, yet fun, Patty impersonation.

I hope for a second season. Even if the timeline doesn't leave too much room to it, maybe the light nature of the manga might help create a sequel without much consideration of the anime's chronology.
Old 2007-09-20, 00:22   Link #245
Risaa
Evil Little Pixie

Send a message via AIM to Risaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Apparently all Japanese girls, and even American exchange students, shave their armpits even in this modern day and age?

Or has shaving made a resurgence among girls nowadays? When I was their age, many girls had stopped shaving as a feminist statement.
O.o.... I don't know any girls who don't shave their pits, at least to my knowledge. I think you should hit the swimming pool and observe.
Old 2007-09-20, 00:45   Link #246
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Ah...after being away for some time I finally got around to watching the remaining four episodes....but....I DIDNT WANT IT TO END~~~~ (T^T)

So L*S is finally over...but atleast it finished with a blast. (TwT)

I can sum this episode in one word: "PERFECT". Nothing more, nothing less....

*edit*
Ah!! How do I forget to mention the appearence of the DS game chars!? Hinata and Hikage, the two sister who went to the festival on the wrong day...poor Hikage, they're always tight on money and they just waisted the train fare. Then theres Sakura-sensei.

...hell, FINAL ep and FINALLY Akira-san appears.
*sighs*

...Shiraishi EDs to the end...thats the ONLY flaw I can find in this series.

.......so anyone else mail KyoAni for a 2nd season? LOLs...BTW, if...no, WHEN they start 2nd season you all think that it'll still follow Konata, Kagami, Tsukasa, and Miyuki to college or shift over to Yutaka, Minami, Hiyori, and Patty as the main 4?

...and hopefully no more Shiraishi in the 2nd season.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2007-09-20 at 00:53. Reason: add more thoughts
Old 2007-09-20, 00:48   Link #247
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'd raise hell except that most of those comments are pretty much on the mark
(and she's Konata-sized but Kagamin-tempered... after several PMs a couple of images from our last vacation are offered - one being classic tsun)

I pretty much dropped the "expensive" camera habit many years ago...

@seijisensei: yeah, you're a bit older than me... the fad was already fading by the late 70s (except for the occasional dreadlocked lass who was cute enough to pull it off... or the lesbian crowd in their search for identity). All of either of my son's female friends shave their armpits... hell a lot of the *guys* shave their armpits. They've discovered it reduces body odor since the little farting bacteria buggers have less to cling to.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-09-20 at 01:16.
Old 2007-09-20, 02:05   Link #248
Rembr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickal555 View Post
To nitpick a bit about the article, and to clarify its meaning to some people

So, “dondake,” it turns out, isn’t actually a Japanese word. It doesn’t mean anything, and it doesn’t sound like anything.

Dondake is actually a word, meaning "how much?" The meme basically uses the word, slightly out of context of its original definition, as a reactionary phrase when something seems excessive or unbelievable, as well as when saying "how much?" is close to being the correct response.

Lucky Star had several instances where dondake was uttered, so just look for them if you want examples of the meme.

Ikahodo, to the best of my knowledge, is a phrase originating in Lucky Star. While it is a pretty clever new form of the word, I doubt it'll be replacing dondake. Unless its origin is elsewhere.
Old 2007-09-20, 02:08   Link #249
Deathwing
what do i know

ill miss this series
Old 2007-09-20, 02:33   Link #250
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I'd raise hell except that most of those comments are pretty much on the mark
(and she's Konata-sized but Kagamin-tempered... after several PMs a couple of images from our last vacation are offered - one being classic tsun)

I pretty much dropped the "expensive" camera habit many years ago...

@seijisensei: yeah, you're a bit older than me... the fad was already fading by the late 70s (except for the occasional dreadlocked lass who was cute enough to pull it off... or the lesbian crowd in their search for identity). All of either of my son's female friends shave their armpits... hell a lot of the *guys* shave their armpits. They've discovered it reduces body odor since the little farting bacteria buggers have less to cling to.
Haha, it's Vexx's wifey again. Not to drag things off topic, but can you tell us about where you were in the image you posted?
Old 2007-09-20, 03:09   Link #251
iamthebest22

Oh yeah, I still don't understand what Loli means In Japanese, when Konata asked her dad about it lol. Does it mean Pedophile in English? xD
Old 2007-09-20, 03:11   Link #252
kevin13
Disabled By Request

loli: Small child- female
lolicon: someone attracted to a loli

Actually loli is sorta an english word, it comes from a book writen about 100 years ago: lolita.
It's about a older mans obsession with a 12 year old who he perceives as a "nymphet", (the book is also the source of that word).
It's written from his perspective and is sympathetic to his feelings, it sorta makes you empathise with him, which is part of the masterful writing as he's quite the sicko. Kinda psychological things going on there.

The word is the nick name given to the child "dolouris", it's regarded as a classic piece of literature these days.

There's also been two movies produced.
Old 2007-09-20, 07:29   Link #253
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Actually loli is sorta an english word, it comes from a book writen about 100 years ago: lolita.
Not quite so long ago: It was written in 1955.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-09-20, 07:31   Link #254
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Not quite so long ago: It was written in 1955.
Ah yes.. that was a rough guess on my part, didn't realise it was that recent.

Apologies to all.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:23   Link #255
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

many people are still comparing Azumanga to LS. Well one 2 thing they have in common 4koma based and slice of life. That's just it.

Anyways I'll miss the girls. *sobs* Kona-chan
Old 2007-09-20, 09:24   Link #256
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

@loli meaning: It also encompasses the meaning of being attracted to females with waifish, elfin, or petite characteristics. It is distinctly different than "pedo" despite what some folks with less grasp of the language might think. Since a great many asian women fit the description (waifish, elfin, petite), its kind of amusing/annoying watching the misconceptions that infest forums on the subject.

@Kaioshin: Those were taken in Oregon, can't remember which waterfall that was though...

((I find the -jiji honorific amusing but just as a point of language, it is used to refer to "one's own" grandfather --- I don't think I've been that prolific ))

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-09-20 at 10:10.
Old 2007-09-20, 09:37   Link #257
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
What was Patty demoing on her cell phone?

Was it a movie of the moves made on a 3d modeling program? I'm confused

-k

curious
Old 2007-09-20, 10:21   Link #258
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
....I wonder if Vexx's wife will come after us for discussing her like that.
This whole conversation almost made me glad I don't have a wife anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risaa View Post
O.o.... I don't know any girls who don't shave their pits, at least to my knowledge. I think you should hit the swimming pool and observe.
Quote:
Patriarchy on the march again, huh?

I find it hilarious that teenagers worry about body odor from armpit hair when it seems no one showers after gym class any more. Glad I was in the generation where post-gym showers were mandatory.
Old 2007-09-20, 10:28   Link #259
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
((I find the -jiji honorific amusing but just as a point of language, it is used to refer to "one's own" grandfather --- I don't think I've been that prolific ))
Yup, "jiji" sounds as though you've got white hair all over. How about Vexx-ossan then?
Old 2007-09-20, 10:35   Link #260
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Same here... the odors in a high school can get.... overwhelming (unwashed teens doused in nose-burning French cathouse odors from their perfume/deodorant/musk-crud)

Take a damn shower after gym, people....... (bunch of prudes)

@Kenny: well... in the last two years, I've gone from mostly black/brown/red hair to almost silver-white .... very annoying. I tried a dye last year but it seems my skin just soaks up the dye like crazy so I'm stewing on just coloring the whole thing silver and to hell with it. The dye was kind of interesting though as it left a lot of red/brown/silver that everyone said made me look like some sort of kitsune in disguise <snort laugh> ... so whatever my self-image is, unfortunately, -jiji may be appropriate though I often feel younger than many of the stick-in-the-mud parents 20 years younger than me O.o

Okay, we're off-topic >>> discussing ep 24 final again.

I'm trying to remember the lag time between the end of Haruhi and its R1 release and wondering if we'll ..... hmmm, still no sign of a Kanon 2006 R1 release either, is there?
Well, in this instance the Haruhi connections may help L*S get a release in the US ...... so it goes.

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-09-20 at 11:00.
Closed Thread