AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2014-07-24, 22:35   Link #54121
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Laura nightmare:
-She wakes up with Ichika in bed and he wakes up and they discuss how they're married and happy together and have children. Then Laura and Ichika's child hop into their bed with them. They talk and the child's sibling appears. She cooes the two of them and how cute they are and then two more show up. Laura isn't quite sure wha to make of 4 children but tries to accomodate them. SHe tries to talk to Ichika but another 5 children show up and now Laura is beginning to get scared. She asks Ichika why they have so many children and Ichika wonders if she's feeling okay. He tells her they have way more kids and opens the door to admit no less than 50 other kids with many of them looking alike as triplets or quadruplets. Laura faints and wakes up in cold sweat at the onslaught of calls for "mommy".

Cecilia nightmare:
She dreams of walking down the aisle in a pure white wedding dress. Ichika waiting by the altar with the minister. She walks down radiantly with bright smiles and Chelsea acting as her primary guardian, waiting at the altar as well. Cecilia reaches the steps and meets with Ichika. She shyly reaches out to him and he gently takes her hand. They walk up the steps before the altar, and he hands her off to someone else. Cecilia is utterly confused and asks Ichika where he was going. He explains that he's the best man and she had also asked him to act in place of her late father. This perplexes Cecilia further on what it means because if she wasn't marrying Ichika then who was she marrying? Her groom calls her attention and it turns out to be Rin. Cecilia wants to protest but the minster starts speaking and the blonde recognizes the speaker to be one person only and that was Nohotoke Honne! Cecilia looks over at Ichika with a begging gaze and he replies with a thumbs up while mouthing "congrats!". Cecilia wakes up in a cold sweat when Rin kissed her bride. The worst of the nightmare being Cecilia remembering the kiss to be vividly enjoyable.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-24, 23:21   Link #54122
OHIMESAMA

The last part would definite scar Cecilia for life. Poor Ceci.
OHIMESAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 00:02   Link #54123
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Do any of you guys think Laura has S&M tendencies?
Old 2014-07-25, 05:35   Link #54124
demino_hellsin
That one guy

quite the opposite. Laura seems to have the subconscious habit of shutting down her emotions when tortured. when she does the torturing is another story which has yet to be told.
Old 2014-07-25, 05:56   Link #54125
Eratas123

She probably looks at it as a means to an end. As much as people bitch torture does work depending on the soldier.
Old 2014-07-25, 09:05   Link #54126
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Anyone can explain all these OC writers with their 10k+ chapter? With me, 800 nights is already something.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 09:07   Link #54127
Eratas123

800 what now?
Old 2014-07-25, 09:43   Link #54128
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

800 words. It tooks me months just to do a short story.
Old 2014-07-25, 09:49   Link #54129
Eratas123

It really depends. Most of it comes from enjoyment on writing. At times I take weeks to a month to update a story but it's not because I do it slowly over the course of those weeks but because I'm lazy. I do the 10k+ chapters over the course of one or two days. 24k took me three days. The gap is really just not wanting to do it.

Many of the OC fics are, lets be honest, wish fulfillment and if there's one positive thing about that it's that people enjoy writing them. The more you like writing them the more easy the words come to you. Besides, you say it took you 'months' to write a short story but how many of said months did you actually use for the story writing? I doubt you typed in three words a day and called it as passable.
Old 2014-07-25, 09:55   Link #54130
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sometimes it's hard to tell good wish fulfillment from bad. I read some fics which were cool and badass at the start, then they just keep stretching it as they go along. Fans just say they approve while I'm in the background wondering where did it all go wrong.

Must be my subjective bias.
Old 2014-07-25, 09:57   Link #54131
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah got a good one but typing it out on a cell is a very bad idea. Still, here the idea: Chifuyu goes hkme and sees her kid waiting for her. "Mommy's back! " Her husband comes out and they talk for a bit before she goes to shower. She plays around with her child a bit when she comes out until dinner. When their child goes to sleep they go to bed and start fooling around until she sees the face of....

"Aarrrgh!" She wakes up in a cold sweat. Looking around she sees Ichika sleeping next to her. Startled, she boots him out of the bed.
Old 2014-07-25, 09:59   Link #54132
Eratas123

It really depends. People seem to think their characters being assholes and jerks is 'cool' and that being a loner somehow gets people bending over backwards to be your friend. Granted you can portray your character this way but realistically this would lead to people either being annoyed or ignoring you since generally people don't like gloomy bastards that are always going on and on about how shit their life was.
Old 2014-07-25, 10:08   Link #54133
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sometimes it's not even that. They are actually painting their characters as highly helpful, cryptic and excessively overanalytic of EVERYTHING!

At the start it's cool, but eventually it gets old. They seem to be overprepared for everything. Mentally, logistically in gear, skills on combat. EVERYTHING! and they still come out barely scraping by.

Seriously, I stopped reading that campione x FSN fic when the writer had Shirou handing out Noble Phantasms like post dinner candy. Which is actually accurate to what was done.
Old 2014-07-25, 10:09   Link #54134
coco6561

So your saying make your others react to your character as they would in real life?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 10:26   Link #54135
Eratas123

Coco - Yes.

Demi - The problem is that people tend to go to extremes. Either someone's hypercompetent to the point of being Sin Tzu's long lost relative or they're hilariously incompetent and a complete failure. The problem being of course that most OC's don't fail so people find it more fun to make their OC prepared for everything rather than winning through sheer luck or chance.

It's why I tend to avoid making OC's in leadership roles.
Old 2014-07-25, 10:31   Link #54136
coco6561

Eratas123 - when should I make an OC that fails their challenges stop failing?
coco6561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-25, 10:42   Link #54137
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Isn't overeaching is one of Anime's attribute?

Actualy, yes. One line, which I erase and write over and over again.
Old 2014-07-25, 10:42   Link #54138
Eratas123

When it makes sense for them to do so. If somebody attacks you from behind you don't smack them without even looking....unless you're batman.

In a fair challenge then anything goes. How skilled is the opponent? How skilled is the protagonist? What factors aid/negatively impact each of them? Even if they win how much do they lose? Questions like that.
Old 2014-07-25, 11:02   Link #54139
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... If the author loves the way of their story, they'll work harder. But if his readers don't, would that brought a lot of conflict? Wavehawk would be an example.

I guess it's all about each perception. Like Tolstol's dislike to Anna Karenina. The advantage of fanfic is that there is no matterial pressure - or is it a disvantage? Walter Scott and Balzac?
Old 2014-07-25, 11:03   Link #54140
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I suggest writing out the whole scene, keep it as a first draft. reread it at a later date and see if you can read it without flinching.

I'm currently trying that system.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest