AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-11-10, 06:22   Link #3661
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Katoki IS the mecha designer for Frozen Teardrop.
I know Katoki is the designer for GotD and Frozen Teardrop. Read it all the way through... I was stating that the variant work in the other piece wasn't done by Katoki, and it would change if it was redone by him. The variant piece was done by whatever mechanical designer did the mechanical archive in 1996. Most likely one of the other two mechanical designers from the series Junya Ishigaki, or Kunio Okawara.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 11:48   Link #3662
Mareike

Um... any updates as to where the story is now in FT and GotL?
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 12:06   Link #3663
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
*points to last post for manga update*
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 14:38   Link #3664
Eeni

And just for the hell of it: http://eeni.deviantart.com/gallery/?...craps#/d4g9vgr

XD

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-15, 19:54   Link #3665
susyia

oohhh.... i envy those who understand japanese.... i have the raws but i don't understand...
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 02:10   Link #3666
wingzerosnuggles

新機動戦記ガンダムWエンドレスナイト
2011-10-29 | Weblog
機体公開はなし。

ゲストは緑川さんと脚本の隅沢さん。

隅沢さんが書いた「翼の肖像」というポエムは次のイベントで公開するそうです。

隅沢さんの第一声は
「どうも、A級戦犯の隅沢です」
機体も早く公開したいけれどいろんな事情があるとか。

緑川さんのトーク。
「ウーフェイは卑怯ものだ。お前と戦って見たかったて、こっちリーオーだから!ガンダムじゃな いから」

特に新しい展開告知などはありませんでした。

What's Midorikawa got to do with the novel?
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 11:08   Link #3667
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Okay kids, here's what I'm mulling over. In the last chapter of volume two, Vice Foreign Minister Darlian is walking with Marquis Weridge and Relena. They are at an airport (or perhaps at New Edwards given the fact they can see the flames of the battle later on). Walking down the hall they can hear the speech being given by Marshal Noventa.

"The United Earth Sphere Alliance military was founded in AC-133 for the purpose of keeping the peace. But, the goal of world peace has never once been reached. Conflicts continued around the world. People were forced to needlessly shed blood."

Vice Foreign Minister Darlian comments that, "I wonder if this is all professional soldiers are capable of. All they can do is quote the 'uchuu no kokoro' proclamation word-for-word."

Now, here's my thought. 宇宙の心. We have space heart, heart of outer space, whatever you want to call it. However, this is also the name of the speech that Heero Yuy gave so I was thinking of calling it the "Universal Mind" proclamation. Sums up wanting everyone to be on the same page quite nicely, no?

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-11-20, 09:42   Link #3668
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Deacon, do you mean the speech Heero gave in Episode 18?
Old 2011-11-20, 12:29   Link #3669
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

No, no... the speech that Heero Yuy was in the middle of giving when he was assassinated. Apparently the name of it is "uchuu no kokoro". LoL

Old 2011-11-20, 17:09   Link #3670
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Oh, okay. Interesting and weird at the same time. So "Universal Mind" proclamation will define Quatre's "powers" and the famous speech?
Old 2011-11-20, 19:16   Link #3671
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
...Now, here's my thought. 宇宙の心. We have space heart, heart of outer space, whatever you want to call it. However, this is also the name of the speech that Heero Yuy gave so I was thinking of calling it the "Universal Mind" proclamation. Sums up wanting everyone to be on the same page quite nicely, no?
In b4 TransAm, lol.

That translation makes sense to me in context of the speech, I guess.. I'm not so sure about it in terms of Quatre's 'ability' and how he refers to it in terms of Heero, though. It also might prove quite difficult to integrate into a fandom that's been using the heart of space/space heart term for 15 years now, but that's your shot to call I guess.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-20, 21:48   Link #3672
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Well no, in that context Quatre isn't referring back to that sort of thing...

Then again throughout Wing it was "heart of outer space" and "soul of outer space" if memory serves me.

I hate this damn manga series >:|

Old 2011-11-20, 23:31   Link #3673
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I only recall "Heart of Outer Space" being said the one time at the end of the show.
Old 2011-11-21, 01:47   Link #3674
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I only recall "Heart of Outer Space" being said the one time at the end of the show.
Yeah it was in the final episode, at the very end about 30 seconds before the credits maybe less...
Old 2011-11-21, 11:11   Link #3675
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Quatre says it in Episode.09 when he's talking with Rashid.

僕にはわかる。宇宙の心が教えてくれる。
I can tell. The soul of outer space tells me.

Old 2011-11-24, 02:47   Link #3676
Eeni

Doesn't Quatre also refer to Heero as this in Ep.25 (methinks) after Heero falls out of a MS flat on his face with that phantom glow around him?

Anyways, wouldn't keeping it something like Universal Heart be more appropriate? I don't know what the original speech is (don't think we've ever had one, please correct me if I'm wrong), but it seems to be one of those "follow your feelings" sort of deal. Very few characters thought the same way about whatever issues they had in front of them but they all seemed to feel about/roughly the same way about those issues. It's those feeling more then the thoughts that lead the bulk of the characters to do what they do. Just my thought.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-11-24 at 03:18.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-24, 07:57   Link #3677
wingzerosnuggles

http://blog.goo.ne.jp/kouryakukan/e/...f265807c193339

From Kouryakukan.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 20:07   Link #3678
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Doesn't Quatre also refer to Heero as this in Ep.25 (methinks) after Heero falls out of a MS flat on his face with that phantom glow around him?
He calls him the Heart of Space in the final episode, but I guess you could say Heero 'experiences' it (and Quatre notices it? I guess, but it's clearly *supposed* to be that) in that episode.

Kouryakukan blurb appears to say that this month's chapter will be about Dorothy's plan and the PPP... :0 Finally, maybe we'll get some actual explanation as to wtf is going on?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 21:02   Link #3679
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
He calls him the Heart of Space in the final episode, but I guess you could say Heero 'experiences' it (and Quatre notices it? I guess, but it's clearly *supposed* to be that) in that episode.

Kouryakukan blurb appears to say that this month's chapter will be about Dorothy's plan and the PPP... :0 Finally, maybe we'll get some actual explanation as to wtf is going on?
Not just that if I'm getting the gist of the FT part of the blurb is saying... It sounds like it also describes the Vaccine and how it kills people with its Nano-machines, by producing a clot somewhere in the body.

And on top of that there being some sort of trigger that would set all of the nano-machines off at the same time killing according to what Google Translate is saying from its automatic translation of the blurb - (around 30 Million people.) And that it has something suggesting that Relena's death would trigger it. Which would make the whole orders for Operation Mythos (Heero's orders to kill Relena) to get blown to all hell and back.

Also the "Seven Dwarfs" bit is well... Sumizawa is really liking the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs bit... that part is the most butchered by the auto translate, but it sounds like its referring to the other pilots as the "Seven Dwarfs"...

Though the fact that Prometheus apparently is decked out with the Heavyarms Custom clown mask kinda has me laughing. Also apparently Prometheus was exposed revealing the clown mask on its head... So this is making me wonder... Could we finally get a view of a Gundam in not this chapter, but within the next one or two?

Last edited by Aldaeus; 2011-11-25 at 21:20.
Old 2011-11-26, 10:39   Link #3680
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
Episode 26. What he says is this: "Who are you? You're from Earth. Am I right? Heero. Let's go to Earth."
For the longest time I believed Quatre was referring solely to Heero (meaning it was Heero who was born on Earth). But ever since I spotted those weird brown eyes and FT insinuated that the ZERO system might be based off someone's mind (or have a mind of its own, whatever), it got me thinking. For one, if Quatre is referring to the "Heart of Outer Space" in that scene it'd be kinda odd that it would originate from Earth, wouldn't it? Heero, too, was likely born on the colonies. So it must be the "mind" of Zero. This theory is further supported by Zero turning off the beam saber on its own, making Quatre give it a surprised look. Besides, it's not like the show isn't full of scenes which have Zero's eyes light up for a sec all on its own while someone (meaning Heero) is talking to it. So yeah, maybe Quatre's space heart picked up Zero's will/intentions/thoughts there?

Aaaand I can't believe I just said that while still being sober. It gets all the more fun when you bring in the fact that Heero is supposed to be the "Heart of Outer Space" whatever that means. Meaning, whenever Quatre's space heart tells him something, it's actually Heero talking. Well, doesn't this explain some things.

Spoiler for I see what you did thar!:

Anyway. While "Universal Mind" is indeed a nice way of putting it, can anyone tell me why they decided to call Heero Yuy's speech that in the first place? Is it metaphorical or was he really talking about space hearts and crap? Because then I could totally understand people going "someone shoot him, please".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Though the fact that Prometheus apparently is decked out with the Heavyarms Custom clown mask kinda has me laughing. Also apparently Prometheus was exposed revealing the clown mask on its head... So this is making me wonder... Could we finally get a view of a Gundam in not this chapter, but within the next one or two?
With the way this has gone so far, I'm pretty sure we'll have to get teased with the mobile suits' feet, hands, weapons, backs and new cloaks first before getting to see the dang thing in full. Which will most likely be some time in 2014. And by then the world will have ended, so it won't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldaeus View Post
Also the "Seven Dwarfs" bit is well... Sumizawa is really liking the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs bit... that part is the most butchered by the auto translate, but it sounds like its referring to the other pilots as the "Seven Dwarfs"...
BWAHAHA! Okay, wait, let me see if I got this right. We would have Sassy (Duo Jr.), Snotty (Quatrine), Emo (Trowa P.), Grumpy (Wu Fei), Dashing (Quatre), Solemn (Trowa) and Dog (Duo). I can already picture it. When all seems lost, they make a grand entrance, saving the world while singing "Heigh-Huff! Heigh-Huff! We're here to blow up stuff!" *whistle* xD

You know, the sad part about all this is that I'd find it less random than Wu Fei fighting holo!Zechs with the Ride of the Valkyries playing in the background... (someone really needs to make a vid of that)

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2011-11-26 at 11:00.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing