AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-15, 14:04   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
it makes me want to see the anime.
Let's hope they at least make one first.
Old 2009-09-15, 16:51   Link #242
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I hope this is the 'pilot'. Alot of the cuts look more like clips from an episode then part of the opening. Such as Yaoi-chan fangirling over two male highschoolers, the fujoshi meeting and her sister's new BL doujin.

Like most fans thought, it did turn moe. It feels a bit odd, since it very Kannagi like with the same character designer. If I didn't know better, I would have thought this is a moe anime then a josei (the manga is published under a josei magazine). BL references are great when you're a fujoshi yourself, I totally understand Yaoi-chan's feeling when she sees two highschoolers.
Old 2009-09-15, 17:06   Link #243
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
I hope this is the 'pilot'. Alot of the cuts look more like clips from an episode then part of the opening. Such as Yaoi-chan fangirling over two male highschoolers, the fujoshi meeting and her sister's new BL doujin.
If you ask me, they're more like nods to scenes from the manga.
Old 2009-09-15, 23:10   Link #244
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
If you ask me, they're more like nods to scenes from the manga.
Maybe they are both nods to manga scenes and suggestions of what could be in an anime. The OP to Kannagi showed scenes that weren't in the anime. Maybe that, too, began as a sort of pilot for the anime. Of course, I'm really just hoping for an anime, lol.

I'm going to have to search out the comic, but from what I've seen, I get what people are saying about moeification. This is clearly Yamakan's visual style, but still there are aspects that give me a non-moe feeling: 801-chan's expressions are somehow individual and real to me; the way her body shape can be seen through her clothes is not exactly moe to me; and the way her feet were shown in the heels was too real to be moe, too. Maybe Yamakan is aiming to capture both audiences by edging a bit toward moe, but not the whole way.

Anyway, as I said, 801-chan seemed a very appealing character to me, and I'd like to see her in action.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-09-16 at 01:05.
Old 2009-09-16, 00:13   Link #245
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Didn't they sort of steal that overhead umbrella thing from the Toradora OP?
Old 2009-09-16, 05:33   Link #246
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Didn't they sort of steal that overhead umbrella thing from the Toradora OP?
& i can say Toradora stole the idea from a few 80s anime shows that come to mind.

It's not about stealing at all.
Old 2009-09-16, 06:31   Link #247
Ottocycle

I thought it was a nice way of putting out the numbers for the show's title, though of course I'm sure there have been earlier shows(or ads) which did it.

Gawd the furballs.
Old 2009-09-16, 07:30   Link #248
Woland
Latin Rascal

Seem that the video has been deleted...

Here's a temporary backup, 'till it last

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_OQJCeZo40
Old 2009-09-16, 09:53   Link #249
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

I just think if this sells well, a OVA wouldn't be out of the question. But Ordet is working on Black Rock Shooter. Yamamoto Yutaka did say he made this short to avenge himself (from wikipedia)...so lets just sit back and wait.

I wonder do more fujoshis read this or male-otakus? As a fujoshi/yaoi-fangirl/whateveryouliketocallme myself, I find most of the in-jokes absolutely hilarious. 801-chan is your typical fujoshi. But then again it 'might' appeal to otakus that they 'could' have a cute girl friend too, even if they are seen as rotten in society .
Old 2009-09-16, 10:10   Link #250
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I wonder do more fujoshis read this or male-otakus? As a fujoshi/yaoi-fangirl/whateveryouliketocallme myself, I find most of the in-jokes absolutely hilarious. 801-chan is your typical fujoshi. But then again it 'might' appeal to otakus that they 'could' have a cute girl friend too, even if they are seen as rotten in society .
IIRC the manga was a hit among female readers, but I don't know if it was particularly popular among guys. This pilot thingy seems yet another moe thing, so it probably targets guys, like 90% of anime this days.

Then again, this is just and OP, and I don't think we're going to see a tv series out of this any time soon.

EDIT: and for the record, the character designs suck. It ruins the whole thing IMO.
Old 2009-09-16, 13:12   Link #251
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
I just think if this sells well, a OVA wouldn't be out of the question. But Ordet is working on Black Rock Shooter. Yamamoto Yutaka did say he made this short to avenge himself (from wikipedia)...so lets just sit back and wait.
I don't remember if this clip is bundled with the new volume of 801-chan manga.
When I first read about it Yamakan was going to do it himself in Ordet but now is an A1 (and Ordet) project. And if aniplex is involved is non unlikely to expect something more consistent, IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIqI9-LyBCo
Old 2009-09-17, 05:43   Link #252
Horse

Incredibly disappointing song and animation. Expected way more.
Old 2009-09-17, 18:39   Link #253
TJR

Quote:
I just think if this sells well, a OVA wouldn't be out of the question. But Ordet is working on Black Rock Shooter. Yamamoto Yutaka did say he made this short to avenge himself (from wikipedia)...
Not the short....he was referring to the "coup" itself -> i.e. grasping the project for himself after the ex-employer failed to make good on it. Incidentally, the author approached Yamamoto to make an anime series, so they probably have a full-sized project planned. People don't put shorts together for kicks.

You could think of it as a promotional teaser. They're doing one for Black Rock Shooter too, so one might theorize that it's a strategy to improve customer awareness before they announce the real product.

Quote:
When I first read about it Yamakan was going to do it himself in Ordet but now is an A1 (and Ordet) project.
It was always A-1. Ordet is doing Black Rock Shooter, although with a different director.
Closed Thread

Tags
4-koma, fujoshi