AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-20, 15:11   Link #2801
Gundamx

Maybe they (only) plan to kiss each other in their marriage day?
( That's normal for old couple. )
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 15:30   Link #2802
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Ah, that reminds me that in Seed Nova, they, did, kissed each ther off screen and maybe even more (after all, Lunamaria got a nosebleed from it )
Old 2012-01-20, 21:50   Link #2803
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
@ Kusa-san

So going by your reasoning, it means all merchandise showing Kira, Athrun, Shinn + random characters (without obligatory canon poses with whoever they are paired with at the moment) just side by side together have them in a very intimate relationship (this goes for all those spreads they do of other anime, showing just the male leads without their intended canon pairings)? Also, while we're in the discussion of SEED Nova, it must ALSO mean that Shinn wearing that Lacus cosplay must have also happened canonically by your logic.

@ BladeEntity

The only incident I recall where Kira and Lacus have shared the same beliefs was from the time Lacus (still mysteriously) cared for Kira in the PLANTs. Kira had always wanted to protect his friends to the best of his abilities even before he met Lacus. This was how Fllay nailed him to do her bidding - she knew which button to push (aside from the fact that this was also her revenge on Kira for getting her father killed despite his promise to her that he'd protect her father). This was what happened at the desert - he became her killing machine. Kira was gradually becoming doubtful of this strategy - killing people just so he could protect his friends, killing people to get peace from the enemies.

What ideal did Lacus have anyway? Peaceful resolution masquerading through the use of force, and just another way to disguise manipulating Kira to do her bidding as well. Whatever way we put it, in SEED Destiny, Kira's intervention in that Orb VS Minerva war only did more harm than bringing good. Killing people manning the Tannhauser that exploded, disabling MS left and right - this could easily be explained away that Kira was in a war wherein he wasn't wanted, and that it was just his job as Lacus' sword in order to protect the peace Lacus supposedly secured for them at the end of SEED.

But how different is this from Fllay's manipulation of Kira? Kira was in a war at that time too - he really couldn't help it if he had to mow people down to protect his friends - he was the only one (aside from Mwu) who could do it. At least Fllay apologized to him at the end. With Lacus' ideals, he just became a mindless drone shooting down MS just because it was threatening Lacus' peace.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:38   Link #2804
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
What ideal did Lacus have anyway? Peaceful resolution masquerading through the use of force,
Her ideal lies somewhere in between the two extremes of annihilating your enemy and letting your enemy walk all over you.
Quote:
Whatever way we put it, in SEED Destiny, Kira's intervention in that Orb VS Minerva war only did more harm than bringing good.
That's a subjective matter at best.
Quote:
Killing people manning the Tannhauser that exploded, disabling MS left and right - this could easily be explained away that Kira was in a war wherein he wasn't wanted, and that it was just his job as Lacus' sword in order to protect the peace Lacus supposedly secured for them at the end of SEED.
Except Kira was there because of Cagalli. After all these years, I can't believe you're still misrepresenting this fact.
Quote:
But how different is this from Fllay's manipulation of Kira?
For one thing, Kira wasn't doing this out of guilt.
Quote:
At least Fllay apologized to him at the end.
Unfortunately, Flay didn't get to apologize directly to Kira. But at any case, you say that as if Lacus has anything to apologize to Kira for, which is not true.
Quote:
With Lacus' ideals, he just became a mindless drone shooting down MS just because it was threatening Lacus' peace.
Again, see Cagalli.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-20, 22:53   Link #2805
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

That would've been right, monstert... only if Lacus wasn't the reason why Kira was aggressive with ZAFT, the only reason they're not siding with it is because they suspected ZAFT of trying to kill Lacus...which Kira was pissed about after seeing Meer's broadcast.

The whole reason that Kira rejoined the war is because Lacus' life was threatened and here's where the inertia from Fllay's death works, Kira now believes that if he loses Lacus, he'd fail as a 'savior', this is where Kira's savior mentality comes in play. His wanting to save everybody, stems from his failure of getting Fllay back. Lacus may not realize it, but his relationship with her only affects him in the way that it validates him to be 'the savior' that he would've been for Fllay.

Also, does the whole Angel bath scene not register through you? the whole scene reeks of Lacus prodding Cagalli to interfere.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:05   Link #2806
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
That would've been right, monstert...
I know it takes time, but it's just monster now, no t at the end.
Quote:
only if Lacus wasn't the reason why Kira was aggressive with ZAFT, the only reason they're not siding with it is because they suspected ZAFT of trying to kill Lacus...which Kira was pissed about after seeing Meer's broadcast.
Sure, Kira did not trust ZAFT, or rather Durandal, because of Meer. But it's not like he was siding with the EA or with the Seirans. In fact, Kira was no more aggressive with ZAFT than he was with EA and Orb forces.
Quote:
The whole reason that Kira rejoined the war is because Lacus' life was threatened and here's where the inertia from Fllay's death works, Kira now believes that if he loses Lacus, he'd fail as a 'savior', this is where Kira's savior mentality comes in play.
No, the whole reason for Kira interfering initially was to protect Cagalli. The only thing the attack on Lacus did was put the Archangel on the bottom of the Pacific ocean.
Quote:
Also, does the whole Angel bath scene not register through you? the whole scene reeks of Lacus prodding Cagalli to interfere.
I'll have to look at that scene again (what episode is it?), but I don't remember Lacus telling Cagalli to interfere. Cagalli is the one who decides to do that.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:26   Link #2807
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kira didn't do squat in Destiny until the attempt on Lacus' life was made. Only then did he start taking an active role. So no, Lacus is still the jumpstarter there, not Cagalli.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:30   Link #2808
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Her ideal lies somewhere in between the two extremes of annihilating your enemy and letting your enemy walk all over you.
So how does this differ from Fllay's again? Maybe it's because Fllay's pushed him to a killing machine kind of frenzy? Still, whatever you're trying to suggest, it's still the same. Lacus is also using Kira to weed out the people who are potentially harmful to what she is essentially preaching to the entire world. How and why you are still saying that this is different is beyond me.

Quote:
That's a subjective matter at best. Except Kira was there because of Cagalli. Afterall these years, I can't believe you're still misrepresenting this fact. For one thing, Kira wasn't doing this out of guilt. Unfortunately, Flay didn't get to apologize directly to Kira. But at any case, you say that as if Lacus has anything to apologize to Kira for, which is not true. Again, see Cagalli.
Given Kira's pacifist nature (he HATES fighting and killing people senselessly in a fight, you know), do you really think that he'd do something like messing up MS from both sides just so he can get his point across? If he didn't kidnap Cagalli, if Cagalli wasn't written as someone who has her entire character growth in SEED discarded for SEED Destiny, that political marriage wouldn't have happened. And she wouldn't be pathetic, flying around in the Strike Rouge and crying. Cagalli would have already had that situation in Orb under control. It's like you're saying Cagalli is not capable of doing things herself that she needs Kira to support her.

Old 2012-01-20, 23:30   Link #2809
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kira didn't do squat in Destiny until the attempt on Lacus' life was made. Only then did he start taking an active role. So no, Lacus is still the jumpstarter there, not Cagalli.
So? we're talking about Kira rejoining the war. He didn't do that until Cagalli decides to interfere.
Quote:
So how does this differ from Fllay's again? Maybe it's because Fllay's pushed him to a killing machine kind of frenzy? Still, whatever you're trying to suggest, it's still the same. Lacus is also using Kira to weed out the people who are potentially harmful to what she is essentially preaching to the entire world. How and why you are still saying that this is different is beyond me.
The difference is Flay wanted Kira to fight for her while Lacus would have preferred if Kira did not have to fight but is still willing to support him if he decides to fight.

I don't know why you can't see this difference. I have a feeling you have a broad definition of "using people." And if that's the case, then everybody must be using everybody else. So, whatever.
Quote:
Given Kira's pacifist nature (he HATES fighting and killing people senselessly in a fight, you know), do you really think that he'd do something like messing up MS from both sides just so he can get his point across?
He did it before in SEED.
Quote:
If he didn't kidnap Cagalli, if Cagalli wasn't written as someone who has her entire character growth in SEED discarded for SEED Destiny, that political marriage wouldn't have happened. And she wouldn't be pathetic, flying around in the Strike Rouge and crying. Cagalli would have already had that situation in Orb under control. It's like you're saying Cagalli is not capable of doing things herself that she needs Kira to support her.
Sorry, I'm not going to get into this topic. If you don't like how Cagalli's character was handled, that's up to you.

But regarding Kira supporting Cagalli, I'm talking, of course, about fighting.

Last edited by monster; 2012-01-20 at 23:43.
Old 2012-01-20, 23:58   Link #2810
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So? we're talking about Kira rejoining the war. He didn't do that until Cagalli decides to interfere. The difference is Flay wanted Kira to fight for her while Lacus would have preferred if Kira did not have to fight but is still willing to support him if he decides to fight.
You DO know that the final wars in SEED and Destiny wouldn't have been won if Kira wasn't there. We wouldn't have Kira messing things up in Orb VS Minerva, that Angel Down episode, and when Lacus presented him the Strike Freedom.

So you really think Lacus isn't intending Kira to fight for her? What purpose do the Freedom and Strike Freedom have if Kira's not going to use those suits to...do what else...fight for her? Will Lacus give him these suits if she really has no intention of having him fight for her? Really? Why give these suits at all? Isn't it basically saying the same thing?

Quote:
I don't know why you can't see this difference. I have a feeling you have a broad definition of "using people." And if that's the case, then everybody must be using everybody else.
I was just really focusing on the way Fllay has used him and the way Lacus is also currently using him. How did it end up as being a generalized statement for "using people"? Please try not to put other words into what I posted.

Old 2012-01-21, 00:06   Link #2811
monster

Quote:
You DO know that the final wars in SEED and Destiny wouldn't have been won if Kira wasn't there. We wouldn't have Kira messing things up in Orb VS Minerva, that Angel Down episode, and when Lacus presented him the Strike Freedom.

So you really think Lacus isn't intending Kira to fight for her? What purpose do the Freedom and Strike Freedom have if Kira's not going to use those suits to...do what else...fight for her? Will Lacus give him these suits if she really has no intention of having him fight for her? Really? Why give these suits at all? Isn't it basically saying the same thing?
Read what I posted again:
Quote:
Lacus would have preferred if Kira did not have to fight but is still willing to support him if he decides to fight.
That's why Lacus gave him those suits.
Quote:
I was just really focusing on the way Fllay has used him and the way Lacus is also currently using him. How did it end up as being a generalized statement for "using people"? Please try not to put other words into what I posted.
You're the one who's generalizing by equating Kira's relationship with Flay to Kira's relationship with Lacus.
Old 2012-01-21, 00:40   Link #2812
Akashin

Quote:

Yeah, Lacus offered Kira the Strike Freedom with the intention of him using it (the Freedom is a different case, since she only offered it to him after seeing how miserable he was over not being there for his friends); claiming otherwise is silly. But Lacus made it perfectly clear that she wasn't giving it to him expecting him to fight. Yeah she probably hoped he'd help her, and yeah she'd be screwed without him (and she most likely knew that), but she made it perfectly clear that the final decision over whether or not to fight was always in his hands. I highly doubt she'd have pressured him if he'd backed out, regardless of what that might mean for her.
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-21, 01:46   Link #2813
Washu-Chan