AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 06:05   Link #4301
Tenzen12

You probably didn't notice my edit, Uhura had red one-piece not shirt.

Well, I am not sure if I am lacking in sense of humor area or it wasn't that good joke, but I didn't know it was joke...
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 06:18   Link #4302
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
You probably didn't notice my edit, Uhura had red one-piece not shirt.

Well, I am not sure if I am lacking in sense of humor area or it wasn't that good joke, but I didn't know it was joke...
Ah. Hmm. I wonder if the difference between a red one piece and a red shirt is splitting hairs. Oh well, point taken. Chekov would've been a better argument. He used to be a red shirt, and was never security. But he got promoted :/

And yeah, I figured you didn't know, that's why I said it was out of context. The whole thing kind of got taken out of context to start with. I think I just worded it in a way that had it easily misunderstood.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 06:37   Link #4303
watisit

Ran you idiot. First rule of letting somebody die a slow, painful death: Immobilize them. Chop off their arms and legs or at least cut the tendons.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 08:44   Link #4304
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Cosmina's death was rather stupid. Her lust was her downfall, kind of hilarious actually. The highlight for this chapter is definitely Kurome's mental status. She'd probably do the same to Bors if she actually witnessed his death. That being said, not to happy on Tatsumi hesitating on Kurome, well if he knew that she was the one who beheaded Chelsea and put her head on a stick then he would have probably gone ape shit on her.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 09:28   Link #4305
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero of the day View Post
Cosmina's death was rather stupid. Her lust was her downfall, kind of hilarious actually. The highlight for this chapter is definitely Kurome's mental status. She'd probably do the same to Bors if she actually witnessed his death. That being said, not to happy on Tatsumi hesitating on Kurome, well if he knew that she was the one who beheaded Chelsea and put her head on a stick then he would have probably gone ape shit on her.
I think Tatsumi didn't want to defeat Kurome, let it'll be a family errands (Akame) that will deal with her own family.

It's better to kill member of family with another member of family... Just like law of Caldea at Marchen Awakens Romance that must be deal with family errands.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-30, 23:40   Link #4306
Kiltias

Quote:
No point if looking for sense within mindless rapists.
Especially when they happen to be ditzy Idols.

Was it Kurome?Thought it was Seryuu.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 09:25   Link #4307
Fwarlord

Quote:
No, Kurome didn't do those things. It's her childhood friend that kill Chelsea, Esdese dissected her body, Seiryuu's dog ate them and someone use the remaining head as a decoration in the street, but definitely not Kurome. She was recovering from the wound Chelsea gave her.
Old 2014-05-01, 10:46   Link #4308
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
Ran you idiot. First rule of letting somebody die a slow, painful death: Immobilize them. Chop off their arms and legs or at least cut the tendons.
...was there a handbook about this or something?
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 12:25   Link #4309
Kiltias

Somehow I can't stop playing this when Cosmina uses her Teigu.=/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRKTyVJuTOg
Fits way too well her character.
Old 2014-05-01, 12:25   Link #4310
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
...was there a handbook about this or something?
It's more common sense than anything else.

If you want to torture someone like that made sure that he unable to do anything.

As for Tatsumi and why he hesitated to fight Kurome, there is 2 reason:

1He don't want to hurt Akame.

2 He think like Ran(the thought that he had when Kurome kill him in this ch).

Or at lest this is what I think.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 12:38   Link #4311
Kiltias

Simplest of reason:
Sister of Akame.
Old 2014-05-01, 12:47   Link #4312
Hokoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
It's more common sense than anything else.

If you want to torture someone like that made sure that he unable to do anything.

As for Tatsumi and why he hesitated to fight Kurome, there is 2 reason:

1He don't want to hurt Akame.

2 He think like Ran(the thought that he had when Kurome kill him in this ch).

Or at lest this is what I think.
Tatsumi's hesitation is going to get someone killed.
Spoiler for hesitate :
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 13:04   Link #4313
Soji

Hokoga@I thought that that was a given.

The funny thing is that Akame and other already told him to never hesitate.

But I have the same feeling as you
Spoiler for spoiler:
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 13:40   Link #4314
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Tatsumi's hesitation is going to get someone killed.
Spoiler for hesitate :
You really believe Tatsumi will ever have a chance to kill her?
Old 2014-05-01, 17:17   Link #4315
Zakoo

With the beginning of akame zero, I'm begining to think the author will give us one heck of "you reap what you sew" ( is that how it's said in english?)

Chealsea just appeared in the last chapter of zero. We know she is a assassin against the empire. We also know based on Kurome teigu that most of her murderers buddies are already dead.

I'm getting the feeling Chealsea killed Kurome past companions (Najasho) which she turned into corpse, and the corpse killed chealsea in the recent event of chapter 33.

If the author gives us something like this, I'm definitly going to worship him.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 17:25   Link #4316
OverSeer
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
You really believe Tatsumi will ever have a chance to kill her?
unless Tatsumi gets a massive power boost. He wont even scratch her
OverSeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 19:27   Link #4317
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

No, Tatsumi didn't want his cover to blown up.

There's several reason why Tatsumi didn't want to fight Kurome, one of it is he didn't want to expose his identity to the rest of Jagers while Esdese already suspects Tatsumi is on Night Raid.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 20:01   Link #4318
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Just picked up this manga a few days ago and I have already caught up to the current scans..
Well I'll just say this: There has NEVER been a manga with more death flags than this one. Every character has multiple targets on their back, and so far we only have 3 main characters that will not die until some point later in the story:

Tatsumi, Akame, Esdese. All of the other characters will get erased sooner or later, along with Esdese towards the end probably.

There are various good bad points this manga has going for it:

+ Unpredictability - You can't really tell which character is going to die next.
+ Well defined personalities and a wide array for the main cast of characters
- Although rather innovative at the start (obviously the whole "secret techniques of X amount of weapons/techniques" isn't an original idea) the general direction went into the scruffy "throw in whatever and make the characters as wacky as we can". The theme was pretty constant earlier on, then it went haywire with all the "Microphone wielding Idols and Fatass Clowns". The setting should be around the early 1900s technology wise, but suddenly we get incredibly high tech stuff that seems more than just out of place. I liked the entire concept of "oldschool and mythical weapons that the series had going for it.

The manga is nonetheless very entertaining, and I like most of the cast. Character development is ample as well, so I will be following this, at least until it doesn't go totally cuckoo.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 20:24   Link #4319
ellifeedn
Thinker

@LeaD36: So the crazy cyborg chick (her arms were weapons) didn't register anything?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 20:36   Link #4320
Kiltias

Soooo.....

Anyone thinking Dorothea might survive quite a while?
Shura noted out that her Alchemy and the Scientific Creations of Stylish could have been combined.We were told Stylish has a hidden Lab somewhere which we weren't shown yet and Dorothea's sole reason for joining Wild Hunt was to meet him.

So yeah, Dorothea to live, at least to show us the fruits of the combined powers?

EDIT:
How did I not notice until someone brought it up that the way Champ was killed is referencing to Bors?
Burned to his Death.
Ran = an Angel.
Ran's Teigu = Mastema.
Mastema = The Angel who carries out Punishment for God.
Look at that one Panel where we see Champ being burnt to death, take off your Realistic Glasses and put on the ones for the Written Level and let it flow in that it said:
"I was able to take Revenge" while an Angel stands in front of the defeated Champ who just got roasted.

DIVINE.RETRIBUTION.FOR BORS FAMILY!

It's an Allusion to Bors!
I LOVE THIS AUTHOR!
He is using Ran for both his own Character and Plot Involvement while simultaneously using him as a Plot Device on Allegorical Level for Bors to dish out Revenge beyond the Grave by using Ran's Design,Theme,his own Revenge as well as the Method chosen to kill Champ.
As fellow Author I can only applaud.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!