AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-10-04, 04:41   Link #1
Sides

[3DS] Bravely Default

Full title: Bravely Default Flying Fairy or for short bdff
Homepage (S-E)|Nintendo Page
Facebook page
Release date: 2012 (JPN)

The latest JRPG from SE for the 3DS. Character design is done by Akihiko Yoshida.
Not 100% sure but the is probably developed by Matrix Software, who were responsible for Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light, Final Fantasy III DS and other titles like Dragon Quest V (PS2).
Silicon Studio, makers of 3D Dot Game Heroes, are the makers of this game.
So why is this interesting, it is because it is a new IP from SE. Unfortunately no oversea release has been confirmed yet.

There are a couple of more videos on the official HP itself, hopefully SE will upload them on their youtube channel soon.

You can find more information on this title over on andriasang.com's content page for BDFF

No port begging please!

Last edited by Sides; 2012-02-29 at 08:45.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 17:21   Link #2
Sides

Some AR screens on inside-games.jp
I don't think she has a name yet. But one thing, she is in 3D ^^

Old 2012-02-29, 03:43   Link #3
Sides

New PV and the Demo is up on the japanese eshop now. Furthermore the website got a complete overhaul, it is worth a visit just for the bgm ^_^.
Old 2012-02-29, 04:13   Link #4
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Looks good. Has old school charm. Something I want to see on more console JRPGs these days.
Old 2012-02-29, 15:07   Link #5
Mateus

Am I alone in thinking that girl looks like Princess Garnet Til Alexandros?
Old 2012-03-01, 00:00   Link #6
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
I thought of this too(before I read your comment) =03. It certainly does look like her. well, more like a non-chibified version of her before the haircut.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 03:18   Link #7
Sides

A bit on bravely default over on andriasang.com.
Basically SE/Silicon Studio finished the voice recordings for the game. Why is it interesting? Don't know, but Koshimizu Ami is lending her voice to the female lead.
Old 2012-03-22, 08:36   Link #8
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

almost every story Square Enix makes relates to having Crystals. what's up with that

but lol, It looks interesting enough. I'd play it if I can buy a 3DS

Frailty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 14:03   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
A bit on bravely default over on andriasang.com.
Basically SE/Silicon Studio finished the voice recordings for the game. Why is it interesting? Don't know, but Koshimizu Ami is lending her voice to the female lead.
has SE ever ported anything to the west with original japanese voices?
Old 2012-03-22, 15:46   Link #10
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
has SE ever ported anything to the west with original japanese voices?
Nope. It always gets dubbed.
Old 2012-03-28, 01:59   Link #11
Sides

Why doesn't this game have a semicolon in it's title?

So what does this game has in common with Steins;Gate, Chaos;Head and Robotics;Notes? Yeap, Naotaka Hayashi is scenario writer for this game as well. You can read more on this over on andriasang.com
Old 2012-06-11, 04:30   Link #12
Sides

Webpage has been update! you can read more over on andriasang.com

New additions are the new character with CV(click on world), desktop accessory(requires adobe Air) and new AR marker/card for download.

And if you are lucky and have a japanese 3DS, a third demo will be available soon ;_;
Old 2012-06-11, 12:11   Link #13
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
For some reason the title of this game immediately makes me think of Bank of America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateus View Post
She definitely does. Honestly I never thought I'd see this CG style again (I thought for sure busy Crystal Tools designs were the entire future) from Square Enix so I'm kind of pleasantly surprised at what they are doing here. It looks a little bit like the stuff they were doing in the PSX era (charming, customizable, amusing) being brought forward to the current generation (Where I swear everything they put out is dank, dark, depressing, overwrought and confusing) and unsurprisingly it's probably cause it's not being written by one of Squares' in house nonsensical incoherent scenario writers (Kazushige Nojima, Daisuke Watanabe, Motomu Toriyama) thus I'm actually genuinely interested in something Square is doing for the first time this year, possibly even this decade. The only thing left to determine is the actually fun to play design part. Also not that surprised that it would be on a handheld game they are working on either. I swear it seems like the only way to get interesting results out of Square Enix these days is to take away their ability to tinker around with cutting edge graphics.

Seriously good call on getting some outside help on the scenario writing Square. Nice to show some humility and somewhat admit you're really just not that good at it anymore.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-06-11 at 12:28.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 20:37   Link #14
Iron Maw
Banned

Official site is up and a demo has been put out for the game.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/bdff/#/top

Release date: 10/11/12

New character and screens here:
http://andriasang.com/con1oz/bravely_default_screens/

Battle system explanation and impressions:

Quote:
Ok Bravely Defaults battle system really is awesome.

On the battle screen there's the two main options where the game gets it's name I guess.

Brave - This is where it gets interesting. Brave allows you to use BP (Battle Points) which is basically a turn counter. If you brave you can spend your BP (turns) to allow you to "move your pieces" as it were more than once in that turn, however when your deplete your BP and go to say for example -2BP you won't be able to attack/move for 2 turns after that.

Default - Default is what allows you to get to more than 0 BP. Basically you can "Default" a turn to allow you to gain a BP. If you default more you can store up turns to use when you Brave without having to go into the minus. This basically forfiets your turn when you use it so you can't do anything with that character bar default, but you can store the BP for whenever you need to use it for Brave.

Really can't wait to get my hands on the full game in October. <3
Source: StayDead on NeoGAF.

Demo Vid here (bare in mind that guy playing here is pretty bad lol, but it looks fun.):
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-27, 23:51   Link #15
farios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Official site is up and a demo has been put out for the game.
http://www.square-enix.co.jp/bdff/#/top

Release date: 10/11/12

New character and screens here:
http://andriasang.com/con1oz/bravely_default_screens/

Battle system explanation and impressions:

Source: StayDead on NeoGAF.

Demo Vid here (bare in mind that guy playing here is pretty bad lol, but it looks fun.):
Holy crap, is that Midorikawa voice?!
Old 2012-06-28, 01:41   Link #16
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Hmm... wonder if you can go default to 3 bp and then go into -3 bp. 6 turns in a row... man if bosses do this, you might just get wiped without being able to do anything about it. XD

Still skeptical on the battle system overall. Apart from frontloading your damage by braving, I see no advantage in doing so when you can just use your turns one by one. Of course I don't know the full specifics, so I'd wait until the game comes out to make a full judgement on it.

Also, very sad that they brought back mp. One of the reasons why I loved 4 heroes of light was because of the mp-less system, where lower skills/spells still of are use later in the game just because they are cheaper to cast.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 11:57   Link #17
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Hmm... wonder if you can go default to 3 bp and then go into -3 bp. 6 turns in a row... man if bosses do this, you might just get wiped without being able to do anything about it. XD

Still skeptical on the battle system overall. Apart from frontloading your damage by braving, I see no advantage in doing so when you can just use your turns one by one. Of course I don't know the full specifics, so I'd wait until the game comes out to make a full judgement on it.

Also, very sad that they brought back mp. One of the reasons why I loved 4 heroes of light was because of the mp-less system, where lower skills/spells still of are use later in the game just because they are cheaper to cast.
I would assume that some enemies would basically force you to use it in some manner to avoid a bad situation, but then again this is Square and they have been getting kind of bad for including systems that have no real use. I mean when was the last time Summoning was useful in Final Fantasy and anything but a waste of party members. Of course yet again I wouldn't think that they'd let the battle system that lends itself to the games title be pointless would they?
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 14:49   Link #18
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

The system reminds me of Arc Raise Fantasia's (Wii RPG) and if the battles as balanced and interesting as those we in for a treat.

Here's Demo Video, only with someone who actually knows what their doing. It shows the system potential better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I would assume that some enemies would basically force you to use it in some manner to avoid a bad situation, but then again this is Square and they have been getting kind of bad for including systems that have no real use. I mean when was the last time Summoning was useful in Final Fantasy and anything but a waste of party members. Of course yet again I wouldn't think that they'd let the battle system that lends itself to the games title be pointless would they?
FFX was the only FF maybe besides FFVIII where Summons weren't glorified Black Mage spells with more cost for lesser damage (high tier ones like Bahamut, etc aside). So they're pretty much always been superfluous, but nice to look at.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-28 at 15:50.
Old 2012-06-28, 15:08   Link #19
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Remember, if you have suggestions/advice/comments on how they can improve their systems, you can always send it to them on the official website.
They used those comments to improve part of the game already (according to them).

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 17:04   Link #20
Iron Maw
Banned

Thanks for the heads up.

Japantor has Preview up now which goes more indepth with the demo:

http://www.japanator.com/bravely-def...lt-23778.phtml

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japantor
The Brave/Default system allows for both making quick work of weaker encounters and interesting strategies to consider for the boss fights. If the development team packs some interesting boss fights into the game, I think we are all in for a real treat. And I do believe it's safe to say that Square-Enix has a good record with boss fights in RPGs.
Basically like Arc Rise Fantasia, this what will make or break battle system. Smartly designed Bosses/enemies that advantage of the system.

Tags
3ds, bdff, bravely default, square-enix