Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-06-10, 14:39   Link #2001
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm looking at that ink game from Nintendo on the stream right now and that looks seriously fun. Really really fun.

Right. I think I meant to say scripted sequence but now I realize that most people are now so used to them (thanks COD) that it's no longer a downside most of the times
Ah, hehe. I gotcha. Well the glimpse was really brief too. After I was done picking my jaw up off the floor I really wanted another minute or so just to see more of the world.

I'll be the one to say it: Nintendo doesn't have programmers, they have wizards. I just don't understand how they can pull those kind of graphics out a machine that so many other developers claim the system is too underpowered to be capable of.

And we haven't seen what Retro is doing with Metroid yet.
Old 2014-06-10, 14:43   Link #2002
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Tales of Xilla 2 English trailer:

That's what I call a solid trailer. I have little clue what the hell is going on, but I'm still eager to go and play it .
Old 2014-06-10, 14:50   Link #2003
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Ah, hehe. I gotcha. Well the glimpse was really brief too. After I was done picking my jaw up off the floor I really wanted another minute or so just to see more of the world.

I'll be the one to say it: Nintendo doesn't have programmers, they have wizards. I just don't understand how they can pull those kind of graphics out a machine that so many other developers claim the system is too underpowered to be capable of.

And we haven't seen what Retro is doing with Metroid yet.
Just recently I was reading an article in Kotaku about layoffs in the games industry. One little tidbit from that article was that Nintendo hasn't ever layed off workers from their software studios in Japan. This means that those developers have been working with the same hardware architecture ever since the Gamecube was developed back in 2000 or so... That's 14 years of exploring every nook and cranny of the hardware with only minor memory and clock speed upgrades along the way. That amount of experience in a given bit of hardware is virtually unprecedented in the industry.

(EDIT: remember that the Wii was just 4 Gamecubes duct-taped together )

Sony and Microsoft on the other hand have been completely redesigning their architectures with every console release.

It also helps that Nintendo has amazing artists and directors who have become very very capable at hiding the flaws of the hardware at their disposal. Ever since the N64 came out and Mario 64 used bright solid colours to hide the fact that they were unable to fit much textures in the carts that everyone at Nintendo is used to hiding the flaws of the hardware. I would even go as far as claiming that those abilities actually started with the original Gameboy and the way they managed to make Tetris actually work on a screen with 4 shades of green and immense ghosting issues

It also helps when you have a management structure that for years has focused on the long term and managed to shield the company from fickle shareholders instead of focusing on short term gains like most major publishers.

That said it looks like Miyamoto is working on a mix between rock'em sock'em robots and the giant robot animes of old. Looks fun
Old 2014-06-10, 16:02   Link #2004
Sute443
Sasaki-ist

Although I did generally enjoy Nintendo's presentation (Palutena! Palutena!), I was annoyed by how they made a running joke about how they treat fans who ask for certain games. Then again, the second time the guy got fried he was asking for Starfox, which... has that been formally announced yet? Maybe that was their way of saying there will be announcements later on in E3.

And was I the only one who thought "METROI- oh, X," when the X trailer was starting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
SE finally decided that the translation done a year ago "might" be useful. Type-0 has been announced for US and Europe.
And apparently it's coming for the PS4, rather than the Vita. Oh... That... that... oh.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-06-12 at 17:14.
Sute443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 16:25   Link #2005
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Does anyone know if Fire Emblem x SMT is still being made?
Old 2014-06-10, 16:46   Link #2006
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sute443 View Post
Then again, the second time the guy got fried he was asking for Starfox, which... has that been formally announced yet?
It has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Does anyone know if Fire Emblem x SMT is still being made?
It... better be. Nintendo generally doesn't cancel games to my knowledge, though. I'm thinking they just jumped the gun a LOT when initially announcing it. I'd expect to hear more... next E3.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 17:09   Link #2007
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It... better be. Nintendo generally doesn't cancel games to my knowledge, though. I'm thinking they just jumped the gun a LOT when initially announcing it. I'd expect to hear more... next E3.
I think both franchises are still a little too niche for presentation at E3.

There's also the issue of Atlus's previous parent company going bankrupt (Index Corp), so Atlus might have had to put the project on the backburner to focus more on the franchise that actually makes them money (Persona)
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 17:12   Link #2008
GDB

Well, the original teaser was at E3, wasn't it? Plus, Awakening upped Fire Emblem's popularity a LOT.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 17:28   Link #2009
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I think both franchises are still a little too niche for presentation at E3.

There's also the issue of Atlus's previous parent company going bankrupt (Index Corp), so Atlus might have had to put the project on the backburner to focus more on the franchise that actually makes them money (Persona)
I don't think Index's bankruptcy had anything to do with it since it's joint development between Atlus team and Intelligent System. Since it's a Wii U exclusive, it's most likely bankrolled by Nintendo instead of Atlus/Index.

Though considering Atlus's internal studio size, I don't think they are doing most of the heavy lifting with Persona Q and Persona 5 in development.
Old 2014-06-10, 17:49   Link #2010
ScorchingFlames
Jack of Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
....wait what
It's an easter egg in the video around 1:02 on a monitor in the top left, it looks almost similar to the Halo Wars cover art layout.

I'm not sure if it means that Double Helix is going to work on the Next Halo Wars, or its just a plug in.
ScorchingFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 18:10   Link #2011
amasposu

The Smash Bros Invitational is on. I am so hyped!!!
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 18:27   Link #2012
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Tales of Xilla 2 English trailer:

Finally. Something to look forward too.

Also I feel every time Xbone has a game trailer most of the people are clapping, unlike in Sony and Nintendo. Man I guess those are paid guys or work for MS.
Old 2014-06-10, 19:19   Link #2013
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Tune into the tree house live stream, they're about to jump over to Miyamoto announcing Star Fox along with two original games.

Can anyone tell us more about this? Do they have Star Fox media? What are the two original games?
Old 2014-06-10, 19:33   Link #2014
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
After catching up on some stuff I missed since I've watched just the SONY presser so far...

The Division isn't getting it done for me, either.

Mirror's Edge... take my money now. Only game I've seen anything about so far at this E3 that I really, really want.

Smash Bros... I like that trailer, but I am not a fighter guy and I don't have any Nintendo stuff. Not enough for me to change that.

AC: Unity... as usual, an AC game looks great. Still haven't played AC IV since I haven't sprung for the PS4 yet, but if I don't have one by the time both are out, I may have to just get one.

Rainbow Six: The Siege... Basically, it's any of the SWAT games if you weren't penalized for discharging your weapon.

Rise of the Tomb Raider... take my money now. I lied above. This is the only other game that I've seen anything out of at E3 that I really, really want. So that's two games.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."

Last edited by JagdPanther; 2014-06-10 at 20:06.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 20:11   Link #2015
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Hahah, this tourny is pathetic. They all stick with some cheap wussy tactics. Also noticed the asian crowd being quiet when the..not asian guy ..hungrybox? was walking down the line. XD

Don't get me started on "Zero" that pathetic tacitc, so much cowardly banking it on sudden death and samus's range and speed.
Old 2014-06-10, 20:25   Link #2016
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah~... I was hoping Sakurai would pop up at the end and have a final round with the winner.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 20:27   Link #2017
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Can anyone tell us more about this? Do they have Star Fox media? What are the two original games?
Sadly, there was nothing shown, all Miyamoto said was that the game will be done by this time next year. And a trailer will be released once it's ready to be shown.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 20:31   Link #2018
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Hahah, this tourny is pathetic. They all stick with some cheap wussy tactics. Also noticed the asian crowd being quiet when the..not asian guy ..hungrybox? was walking down the line. XD

Don't get me started on "Zero" that pathetic tacitc, so much cowardly banking it on sudden death and samus's range and speed.
I can't really blame that much Zero Suit Samus player considering how bad all these players were during the tournament.
Most didn't even pay attention to items and stock/% advantage, so by the time they realize something is off, you have ZSS, Fox etc way ahead.

It was awfully awkward to see so many wasted opportunities there. Hell, that Olimar player could play smart, but couldn't chase after the Kirby player because of field hazard, troll grabbing and other players getting in the way.

That sudden death for finals was quite ugly to boot.

Also special mention to that Megaman player who barely did anything during the tourney but was saved by public choice all the frigging time
Old 2014-06-10, 20:34   Link #2019
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That sudden death for finals was quite ugly to boot.
Nah, Samus realized he couldn't win with that damage percentage, so he dragged it into Sudden Death and won. Good strategy.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-10, 20:35   Link #2020
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I don't say it isn't a valid strategy, more like how sudden death was handled (how clumsy to have it end on the very first clash, even though anything can happen during SD).
That said, it would have been a complete other story if it wasn't time limited at all.

That ZSS was also a one trick poney, not surprising the kirby player could catch him up at some point, considering the plain pattern. No wonder why he often missed so many opportunities by facing the WRONG way despite Kirby was stunned by the downards smash.