AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 13:26   Link #2421
Iron Maw
Banned

The was a pretty solid conference overall, certainly made up for Nintendo meh one prior.

Poor Hashimoto is living meme now.

Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 13:27   Link #2422
Sacredus

SE... so trolls. Showing some mobile Kindom Hearts before KH3.
Kindom Hearts 3 - First KH game that will go to non Sony platform?
Just Cause 3 - Boom. Booom. Boooom. < expected nothing else ^^
Deus EX - Looking great.
Hitman - interesting
Star Ocean - Looks nice.
NieR 2 - sorry, I didn't played first one. I can be exited?

So... Sony won E3, SE is second, Microsoft third, and Nintendo... I heard they didn't showed anything.
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 13:31   Link #2423
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark700 View Post
The Kingdom Hearts 3 teaser:
Seems one of the new worlds is confirmed to be Tangled, so I'm guessing Flynn Rider will be a party member .

But wow, that was so beautiful to watch. And combat looks awesome and really fun .
Old 2015-06-16, 13:32   Link #2424
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

NieR being co-developed by the Revengence Team of Platinum, that's totally unexpected and definitely hype worthy.

Square is as good if not better than Bethesda imo.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 13:38   Link #2425
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
SE... so trolls. Showing some mobile Kindom Hearts before KH3.
Kindom Hearts 3 - First KH game that will go to non Sony platform?
Just Cause 3 - Boom. Booom. Boooom. < expected nothing else ^^
Deus EX - Looking great.
Hitman - interesting
Star Ocean - Looks nice.
NieR 2 - sorry, I didn't played first one. I can be exited?

So... Sony won E3, SE is second, Microsoft third, and Nintendo... I heard they didn't showed anything.
KH has been going non Sony for years now, unless you mean the main games.

But holy crap that gameplay I want it now
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 13:43   Link #2426
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

No real new news though that I wanted...

And basically since no real news about Dragon Quest (lame spinoffs even if they are nice don't count), SE such disappoint. (I don't really play much FF, but I'm happy for the people who got that beautiful FFVII remake) I mean it's the freaking huge 30th anniversary for Dragon Quest next year... this is just gross... Sigh.

Nintendo had the Smash Announcement two days ago that I just watched today... so I suppose it evens out for me. We got Ryu in Smash and an accompanying stage, Lucas, Roy, Splatoon Mii's, Zero, Mega man X(?), and one or two characters I don't remember, as well as another new stage plus Tourney mode... That already basically hyped me more than enough.... so I'll forgive Nintendo...

I wasn't exactly expecting anything else... so... hmm... I guess it was okay. Hope Capcom has good ace attorney news...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 13:49   Link #2427
com_gwp

Quote:
Beautiful. Just fucking beautiful. Tears of joy every time I get to see this game.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 14:00   Link #2428
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Square Enix conference is a snore-fest in terms of delivery and pacing. There's a lot of games from their subsidiary studio that i'm interested in but man, they didn't do a good job of showing and presenting them. Also a bit disappointed there isn't a Front Mission announcement from them since i'm a fanboy of that franchise.
Old 2015-06-16, 14:12   Link #2429
Wandering Soul

Quote:
This KH trailer was beautiful and combat looks like it will be real fun.
Old 2015-06-16, 14:18   Link #2430
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

*shrug* I'm honestly not sure what people were expecting from Nintendo. It wasn't the bomb dropping showing but it wasn't Wii Music either. It's a solid showing of games which are mostly dropping this year and early next year for both platforms. Watching the meltdown on Neogaf is of course, quite hilarious. Zelda is the Wii U swansong, and everything else has been shuffled to the NX platform(s). Expecting something like Mario Galaxy 3 is just silly.

If I had one "that was lame" moment, it was probably the Metroid Prime Hunters "sequel". Ugh, it barely looks like Metroid at all. No one liked Hunters, Nintendo.

Other than that, mostly safe titles that are cheap and quick to push out to pad out the release dates between the few remaining big titles. It's exactly what I expected.

For Microsoft, they also had a solid showing, but the only real "woah" moment was the 360 backwards compatibility.....which I quickly realized was just like their crappy OG Xbox compatibility. Meh. The Rare collection is a great value, but it's also a collection of games from two-three decades ago. Other than that, expected sequels and CG trailers. Woot.

Sony's conference got people hyped, to be sure, but it also irked me somewhat that Shenmue was "announced" with a Kickstarter. Sony, just fucking pony up all the cash and be proud of it, just like Nintendo did with Bayonetta. Using Kickstarter as a hype tool is lame, and I wish companies would stop it.

FF7 Remake is nice, and I'm glad Square is finally realizing people actually do want their console jrpgs that don't feature Lightning, but consider me less than enthused until the thing has a damn release date. "It's coming" is a tune they've been playing with titles since the PS3.

Admittedly of the big three, Sony had the most solid showing in terms of promise for the future. With Nintendo in obvious gear changing to NX and MS playing catchup, Sony is in a great position and you can see this in how the industry is consolidating around them. There were a lot of really cool games, but the one that caught my eye was Horizon: Zero Dawn. It looked incredibly cool, and it made me want a PS4 right when I saw it.

So who won? "Won" is subjective this year, I think. All three had a solid showing and plenty of games are coming for all five platforms (PC & 3DS included). Even Vita got some love. My major takeaway from E3 this year was that if you're a traditional gamer, and worried about the future, you shouldn't be.
Old 2015-06-16, 14:26   Link #2431
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

FF7 is REMAKE, not REMASTER right?
with SO5 and KH3. 3 jrpg lineup
welp, nice, even tho the reason i bought my PS3 5 years ago is to anticipate KH3, and after bunch of filler milking series, here we go, PS4. fuck. lol
Old 2015-06-16, 14:42   Link #2432
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Square Enix conference is a snore-fest in terms of delivery and pacing. There's a lot of games from their subsidiary studio that i'm interested in but man, they didn't do a good job of showing and presenting them. Also a bit disappointed there isn't a Front Mission announcement from them since i'm a fanboy of that franchise.
Yep. Great content, but delivery was fairly lousy. A couple things I did like from presentation angle how they convincing presented themselves as one of the more global minded developers by not segregating their eastern and western game showcases. It was a lot more balanced then I thought it be too between the ratio of eastern and western developed games on display. Showing their re-dedication to what got here to day by announcing that new JRPG studio was also pretty heartening. I'm looking forward what comes out from there.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 14:51   Link #2433
Theo

Square Enix and Sony came together to stab Nintendo to death and put its head on a spike.

Bethesda sits in the corner and plots for their enemies to kill each other.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 15:02   Link #2434
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Man the pacing of all of today's conferences were atrocious. I loved that Yoshi game and many others that were presented but yesterday the hype was much more present than today.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 15:11   Link #2435
Ultragunner

well, I just wish that they did less talking and showed more actual game footage

and yeah, Square Enix is still the master troll, confirmed
Old 2015-06-16, 16:16   Link #2436
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

This might not be the right thread but please pray tell why so much hate on Lightning?

I am happy have FF7 but I've got some reserves about it. :/

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 16:44   Link #2437
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
This might not be the right thread but please pray tell why so much hate on Lightning?

milked too much and she isnt that awesome anyway...
Old 2015-06-16, 16:50   Link #2438
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post

To be perfectly honest, Lightning (IMO)at least) is not a very compelling lead character, but mostly the fault lies in how Square Enix handled her development.

I don't hate her, but it does tick me off when they focus too much on her, or the FFXIII series in general, while apparently FFXIII Versus and Type-O never came to in the last generation, and only now that they seem to get more attention (in the eyes of the Western audience at least)

I personally enjoyed FFXIII a lot...when I first played it. However, it is one of the very few games that the more I think about it, the more I dislike it
Old 2015-06-16, 17:12   Link #2439
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Sony definitely is funding it. But Shenmue has a very troubled history, and the Kickstarter is probably being used to ensure enough interest (ie, consumer money) is there to make it worth it. You can't make a game with the scope of Shenmue with modern day tech with a 2 million dollar budget.

It's a questionable method, since Sony absolutely has the money to fund it, but they aren't the only company doing it recently (Bloodstained is a good example).
Amplitude as well and that's a Sony property. They basically told Harmonix that they would allow them to use the property if they could fund the game themselves via Kickstarter.

I'm guessing that the major contribution by Sony in this was getting SEGA to let go of the rights to the game (along with some possible technical support by one of their studios). I did notice that the only Sega mentions were during the older games scenes and not in any material relating to the new one.

Last edited by Dextro; 2015-06-16 at 17:21. Reason: typo
Dextro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 17:17   Link #2440
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Square Enix and Sony came together to stab Nintendo to death and put its head on a spike.
Except they did a bigger number to Microsoft, considering they're the ones who usually compete with overlapping 3rd party games.

No one really expected anything from Nintendo, since we knew nothing was coming anytime soon that we didn't already know.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote