AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-06-06, 10:06   Link #1261
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
As long as Chieri gets more screen time and better scenes, I'm totally ok with it.
Chieri and Nagisa are the lead characters. Of course she's going to get plenty of scenes.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 12:02   Link #1262
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I imagine the series' ratings must be shitty as hell.
It's hard to tell since not being carried in most of Kantou keeps them off the main ratings sources, but I'd guess they're not very high either.

There seems to be a surprising lack of publicity and exposure for AKB0048 from what I've read in this thread.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 14:11   Link #1263
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Although the details were sketchy (completely distorted no thanks to that sensationalist site), it's possible that he got arrested as a result.

(offtopic) In AKB's case, handshake events are given full protection from top to bottom, with security detail in every step of the way, and lots of hand sanitizer and paper towels for the girls to use; then staff who carefully check fans in the lines, especially the hands and whatever they're bringing along, before being let for about ten seconds to shake hands and give a few words to the girls; anyone trying to act rude are politely asked by security to step aside and leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Not sure since I didn't hear him get arrested when the news was reported but security probably retained him and call the cops.
Ah~ OK, thanks for the info.

Quote:
(ontopic) The next time AKB0048 holds another handshake event in a different planet, they should bring along some surface-to-air missile (including MANPADS) and AA gun batteries, all tipped with EMP warheads.
You'd wonder why they didn't bother to do so in the first place. It'd seem more efficient than charging personally with light sabers. And from the "test" they had, I find it hard to think they don't have the ability to get some of those weapons.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 15:23   Link #1264
mochichan

IDEK if the management is actually trying to promote the show.......no way they would fail to account for things like airing it on bigger TV station.

And the reason why AKB's weapons aren't exactly effective is maybe because they try to limit the damage?
like the mecha deal with mecha but the swords are enough to deal with foot soldiers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
What's amusing to me is that while there's so much hating on Gallagher, 4ch has missed the last bit of his post: A good laugh all the same though.

Which means that he had no clue WTF was going on and thinks AKB is manufactured - which it is - but he had fun.

Really, that's why I'm not keen on idol culture. Too much serious business. Just kick back and have fun. Why can't you love them all?

...also, that was rather badass of this week's ota group.
fans are easily butthurt in general..not just idol fans...if you start dissing Gaga, Britney, Vocaloid w/e on their videos, shit will hit the fan and fans will be raging after you.

Now looking at the election result with her rising from 9th to 3rd place...and Sashi in the anime...this is basically promotion for her..
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 16:42   Link #1265
chaosprophet

Quote:
And the reason why AKB's weapons aren't exactly effective is maybe because they try to limit the damage?
like the mecha deal with mecha but the swords are enough to deal with foot soldiers.
I believe you're right. We know they avoid using weapons that can kill against soldiers or non unmanned vehicles. Anti-air missiles considering those ship may be carrying soldiers would likely result in deaths.
Old 2012-06-06, 20:36   Link #1266
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I believe you're right. We know they avoid using weapons that can kill against soldiers or non unmanned vehicles. Anti-air missiles considering those ship may be carrying soldiers would likely result in deaths.
Which is why I specified nonlethal EMP (electromagnetic pulse) proximity detonation warheads -- the better to disable electronics -- like the kind that Mayuyu used on an enemy mech back in Episode 2.

There are also some other forms of nonlethal weapons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-lethal_weapon
Old 2012-06-06, 20:44   Link #1267
Random Wanderer

It's not entirely clear what they're using against the mechs. Their weapons seem to encase the target in some sort of energy field. It clearly isn't perfect, as one of the ones that was hit nearly killed Orine and her hater, and was still able to shoot at her after crashing. Think about what happens if you shot down that transport ship of theirs in the middle of a city, like they were. Collateral damage on the ground could easily kill hundreds, not to mention the soldiers on board.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 20:50   Link #1268
chaosprophet

Quote:
Which is why I specified nonlethal EMP (electromagnetic pulse) proximity detonation warheads -- the better to disable electronics -- like the kind that Mayuyu used on an enemy mech back in Episode 2.

There are also some other forms of nonlethal weapons:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-lethal_weapon
Exactly like Random Wanderer, the biggest problem there would be the fall, both for the people down there and the soldiers they don't want to kill. And so far seems all mechas the enemy used were unmanned, and they even told mayuyu it was so before she attacked so I wouldn't be sure that attack she uses is really non lethal.
Old 2012-06-06, 21:07   Link #1269
Kazu-kun

Probably all their weapons can be set to lethal or non-lethal. Even the micsaber can probably either stun or cut depending on its setting.
Old 2012-06-06, 21:09   Link #1270
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

If the attack was lethal, it begs the worry of where the Ota group were able to get the same weapons for their mechs, given that at least two itasha mecha were deployed to assist Sae. At the very least, Sae's mecha is carrying solid slug gatlings, given that she's using them to intercept the enemy's missile barrage.

That said, somehow the ita-mecha doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Probably because 2 years ago I watched All That VF with Alto's custom Sheryl itasha Valkyrie.

I have to say though, this is probably one of the more positive portrayals of ota in any media, as a Mauve Shirt Army assisting the heroines.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-06, 21:52   Link #1271
chaosprophet

They also added translations for characters info besides the glossary!

Very lol to Yuuko's:
Quote:
When she’s among the other members, she engages in sexual harassment like a perverted old man, but it’s just how she shows her affection.
Old 2012-06-06, 22:51   Link #1272
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Like hanging on Kojiharu for over thirty minutes, while Kojiharu ignores her, completely engrossed in her DS.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-06-07, 00:15   Link #1273
mochichan

or touch boobs.......she look way too happy here...there's a reason why fans think she's bi..:P

Despite that, there's like no pervy Yuko molesting other members yet in this anime..
the fuq...?

Yuko, Yukirin, and Sae need to have their personality shown more. Sae seem to be the mecha user so chances are she might only have screentime during action scenes..

With the 9 mains and 9 supports, it's pretty hard to balance the screentime :\
Old 2012-06-07, 01:01   Link #1274
chaosprophet

Quote:
Despite that, there's like no pervy Yuko molesting other members yet in this anime..
the fuq...?
The most we got so far is Yuuko getting a bit too close when she is rescuing Chieri and Nagisa on ep 2...

Well I wouldn't mind more yuri innuendo at all!
Old 2012-06-07, 01:07   Link #1275
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

IIRC the pervy molesting and all was Meetan, who even kissed Sayaka, IIRC.

Also, be interesting to see whether this Sae and Sayaka are BFF like the originals.

And this is probably due to Carnival Phantasm, but when Sayaka was telling the kenkyuusei candidates to eat up in Ep 3, I was totally flashing back to meido Saber exhorting the customers at Neko-Arc's cafe to eat up.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-06-07, 01:38   Link #1276
mochichan

There was a brief Twin Tower moment in ep 5 but there's not that much screentime..:\
Mayuyu and Yukirin didn't seem to interact much in this anime either.

i kinda hope like the show would take the similar route as idolmaster like how they spend the first 12 eps building up characters. Maybe cut short on the eps a little to save time but it will give the girls more chance to endear themselves to the viewers. I appreciate the focus on Orine this time but it seem like from the teaser, would be more focus on them as a group, not that much individually, tho I do hope more fleshing out of characters.
Old 2012-06-07, 02:26   Link #1277
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I've heard that there's going to be two seasons of 13 episodes; if so, then it does look as though this first season will build the stage, before season 2 kicks off with the main concert.

But so far, I've found it interesting. It's like 6 episodes went by in the blink of an eye, which is kinda how I feel about Moe Pirates as well.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-06-07, 03:05   Link #1278
sa547
*Author

EW Version - while an RVF variant includes a radome, as it's an early-warning bird, the electronic warfare version (similar to the F/A-18 Growler) is intended to provide electronic jamming capabilities against enemy radar and emissions.

"Sound Force" Version (see references to Macross 7).

Did a few fixes for this rendition since the last time, as I love to see the tantalizing "what ifs" inherent in crossover fanfiction.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-06-07 at 21:46.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-07, 04:12   Link #1279
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Niiiiiiiiiice. XD

That said, IIRC isn't the EW Messiah the RVF-25? Just sayin', is all - other than that I totally approve. Though the scheme is kinda subdued, somehow - I was expecting something like the USN's colorful Tomcats and Phantoms of the 60s and 70s - though of course this scheme would fit with present low-vis thinking.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2012-06-07, 14:05   Link #1280
mochichan

LOL..Acchan fighter? :P
btw..

this anime is really being true to life..

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime