AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 2 8.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 36.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 32.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 8.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 4.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-23, 10:38   Link #21
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Am I the only one whose impression of Tatenashi just got worse and worse, especially after this particular episode?
not for me... she just asks ichika for a promise becouse she personaly cant get close to her sister as she might get the feeling she hates her or more like she doesnt understand whats the problem

Personaly I saw in this episode the other side of tatenashi which is no all tease and such... but she is seriously concerned for her little sister and wants her to open up to people, smile and kinda break the ice that is splitting them apart.... ichika has the natural flow with people and just wants to help up...from kanzashi point of view it looked like everything was a lie and her sister stabs her by taking ichika for herself with her big boobs and nice body

but this situation is similar how houki and tabane... or even ichika with chifuyu are.... chifuyu is very strickt to ichika but becouse she loves him very much that she is hard on him.... while he is looking up to her all the time and wants to become strong in order to protect his sister
Old 2013-11-23, 10:42   Link #22
Ultragunner

Now I am curious how Ichika will handle the situation (haven't reached this point in the LN yet)
Old 2013-11-23, 11:19   Link #23
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
from kanzashi point of view it looked like everything was a lie and her sister stabs her by taking ichika for herself with her big boobs and nice body
Hmm, I got the impression that she was hurt by the fact that her IS was finished using her sister's data, not that Tatenashi is taking Ichika away. As we've seen in that flight test, her goal is to live up and catch up to her sister, so when hearing that she only managed to finish her IS using Tatenashi's data, she's crushed.

Last edited by NightWish; 2013-11-23 at 12:39. Reason: Removed quote to avoid confusion.
Old 2013-11-23, 11:25   Link #24
Ultragunner

Also, she is hurt because she thinks that everything Ichika had done for her until that point had just been because her sister asked him to do it, not because that was his genuine intention. Anyone in her shoes would still feel hurt though (at least for me)
Old 2013-11-23, 15:52   Link #25
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Hmm, I got the impression that she was hurt by the fact that her IS was finished using her sister's data, not that Tatenashi is taking Ichika away. As we've seen in that flight test, her goal is to live up and catch up to her sister, so when hearing that she only managed to finish her IS using Tatenashi's data, she's crushed.
still I wonder if kanzashi knows that her older sister build her IS not alone but with help from others

it was not like kanzashi belives that she did it all alone... she had help... so did she from ichika and other girls

I guess they will resolve themselfs in next 2episodes mostly durring the turnament as she will have to face tatenashi head on.... yet I wonder if houki will get the point that tatenashi wants to fight her sister and wont get in the way ^^

but I guess houki wants to unleash her anger on ichika for not taking her as partner... yet I still wonder if she will realize that this was all planed to make tatenashi and kanzashi make up

guhhh the 1week waiting is the worst ;/
Old 2013-11-23, 16:30   Link #26
Kakurin
大佐

From Ichika's conversation with Tatenashi I think Kanzashi doesn't know that her sister had gotten help (just like she did).

I think Ichika should fear Laura, Cecilia and Rin more than Houki. The three of them are legitimately out there to torture him. Houki just wants to finish him quickly. And Charl... well Charl probably unleashes barrages from her rifle while smiling at him in a creepy atmosphere.
Old 2013-11-23, 22:31   Link #27
Johnny
Working the bags...

You wouldn't think Ichika would be this dense since he did live another female after all. It's not going to help any with Kanzashi being as shy as she is. The female population is doomed!

As for who's more denser than Ichika. I'd like to throw another name into the ring, Hikari from Special A...
Old 2013-11-23, 23:02   Link #28
renrutal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denormative View Post
It appears that Infinite Stratos (Stratii?): http://i.imgur.com/K76EBQI.jpg
Run Open Office: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/open...reecontrol.cxx

That's the particular file in the most-forward screen ("IS Main Circuit Program Code 0A") anyway; the ones at the back are too blurry and will need a bluray version for me to work out.

(Yes, I'm easily amused; now I need to finish watching the episode.)
I really laughed out loud when I saw that screen. I only noticed IS's OS is licensed Apache License v2.

No wonder Kanzashi's IS is taking too long to be developed, with all that spaghetti code.
Old 2013-11-24, 02:30   Link #29
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Not bad! Finally, everything take a turn for the better! Just going on like this and we might get the third season.
Old 2013-11-24, 05:29   Link #30
Anime Online

It is difficult for Kanzashi to live under the shadow of her over-achieving sister Tatenashi. I don't mind season 2 going into Kanzashi's route, but it seems there may be precious time left for developing the mysterious Phantom Task and their nefarious activities. The anime just introduced them in bits and pieces, then merrily run off into sub-plots and filler episodes.
Old 2013-11-24, 05:31   Link #31
princeofcups

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Does anyone know what the frame at about 16:13 was about? Seems to be two people squaring off in IS, one is Chifuyu and why does the other one look like Houki?
That should be Tabane, not Chifuyu. She says "I hurt that person," and she's talking about her sister.
Old 2013-11-24, 05:40   Link #32
Kakurin
大佐

I know what she was talking, and that's the reason I'm confused. Because that person looks like Chifuyu:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-11-24, 08:33   Link #33
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Tabane narrated it

The only plausible reason
Old 2013-11-24, 10:05   Link #34
zibi88

well in Season 1 opening with girls introduction... we can notice similar image like this one on houkis profile... first I throught it was chifuyu but when she moved in that IS armor like this one (uchigane if I remember) the hairstyle showed it was houki... we simply dont see her usual ribbon and pony tail becouse of that angle
Old 2013-11-25, 13:38   Link #35
tripleshift

The Houki vs Chifuyu one is actually a massive plothole because Akatsubaki is only a few months old and the feud (or one-sided feud) between Houki and Tabane existed long before Akatsubaki ever did. Houki fighting Chifuyu in Akatsubaki (actually, scratch that, let alone even in an IS) is completely out of place considering that up to this point there was never a moment where both were IS pilots (either Houki was still in middle school when Chifuyu was doing her mondo grosso stuff, or Houki in ISA while Chifuyu retired).

The person in question is very likely, I'd say definitely, Chifuyu, though any explanation regarding this theory will go into LN territory so I won't elaborate on that.

For that scene, it's best to imagine say, Houki attacking Tabane for some reason (maybe for creating the IS that separated her from Ichika?) and Chifuyu stopping her, somehow.

Back to the episode, I'm kind of surprised that Tatenashi was the character in the ending even though the episode was mostly about Kanzashi :X If anything I'd think Kanzashi would be featured in the episode's ending first, before Tatenashi (probably next episode or something). It's also funny how Houki and Laura were being portrayed differently from the other harem members when they found out Ichika isn't going with them (Laura hitting Ichika's picture and Houki getting groped was a rather startling change in the mood of the scene, in general).

AFAIK the reason why Kanzashi was hurt was because she still had to base her IS data off her sister's (though unwittingly) to succeed, so she thought that she surpassed her sister when in fact she didn't. Poor girl.

Overall, a nice episode. The Laura/Houki scene and the confusing Chifuyu/Houki fight were pretty big cons, so 9/10 I suppose. :/
Old 2013-11-25, 14:07   Link #36
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleshift View Post
The Houki vs Chifuyu one is actually a massive plothole because Akatsubaki is only a few months old and the feud (or one-sided feud) between Houki and Tabane existed long before Akatsubaki ever did. Houki fighting Chifuyu in Akatsubaki (actually, scratch that, let alone even in an IS) is completely out of place considering that up to this point there was never a moment where both were IS pilots (either Houki was still in middle school when Chifuyu was doing her mondo grosso stuff, or Houki in ISA while Chifuyu retired).

The person in question is very likely, I'd say definitely, Chifuyu, though any explanation regarding this theory will go into LN territory so I won't elaborate on that.

For that scene, it's best to imagine say, Houki attacking Tabane for some reason (maybe for creating the IS that separated her from Ichika?) and Chifuyu stopping her, somehow.

Back to the episode, I'm kind of surprised that Tatenashi was the character in the ending even though the episode was mostly about Kanzashi :X If anything I'd think Kanzashi would be featured in the episode's ending first, before Tatenashi (probably next episode or something). It's also funny how Houki and Laura were being portrayed differently from the other harem members when they found out Ichika isn't going with them (Laura hitting Ichika's picture and Houki getting groped was a rather startling change in the mood of the scene, in general).

AFAIK the reason why Kanzashi was hurt was because she still had to base her IS data off her sister's (though unwittingly) to succeed, so she thought that she surpassed her sister when in fact she didn't. Poor girl.

Overall, a nice episode. The Laura/Houki scene and the confusing Chifuyu/Houki fight were pretty big cons, so 9/10 I suppose. :/

well this is mostly tabane vs houki in the uchigane IS's (samurai armor that is used in the training grounds) tabane is in the red one houki in the grey one... as houki said... she had a fight with tabane or was mad a her and after that she held the grudge.... that tabane had to develop IS that screwed up her own life... had to go away... be separeted from ichika

if it was chifuyu vs tabane then it would have no sense... since tabane in season1 was saying to ichika and chi-chan that she havent saw them for a long time.... and if tabane was fighting chifuyu then houki would know and would be able to contact with ichika somehow durring those 6years... houki looks like chifuyu when she has her hair down (dark too)

maybe that fight between tabane and houki... made tabane decision to make IS for houki... and think of a plan to reunite her with ichika somehow to make her a little bit happy.

time will show for now few more episodes left... and I wonder if they plan a season3 so they will leave an open ending or they will finish the season2 in their own orginal way
Old 2013-11-25, 16:10   Link #37
Kakurin
大佐

Umm, are my eyes tricking me? Because I'm close to 100% sure that the person on the right is Chifuyu. That expression, as well as the hairstyle (tied together in a ponytail-like fashion). Well, that person could also be Madoka of course, they look nearly the same after all.
Old 2013-11-25, 16:20   Link #38
tripleshift

@zibi: I'm pretty sure Tabane doesn't have a ponytail that splits halfway, dude. And you should've seen Houki in an IS, she keeps her hairstyle which is a lot different from that ponytail the woman on the right sports.

I mean, this fact should be clear if you actually did watch the episode, because the scenes right before that was a flashback of Tabane with what is clearly not Houki's hairstyle.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
^zoomed out picture. Left is clearly Houki in Akatsubaki.

Let's just not mention how Akatsubaki shouldn't even have existed in the flashback, lol

@Sig: the right should be Chifuyu. Madoka doesn't tie a ponytail even when using an IS.

Last edited by tripleshift; 2013-11-25 at 16:31.
Old 2013-11-26, 01:38   Link #39
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I have a happy smile on my face for most of the time watching this episode, because I liked the pacing going between Kanzashi and Ichika training together for the upcoming tag tournament and helping with the maintenance of Kanzashi's personal IS.
It's more to say that Kanzashi steadily began to realize that she fell in love with Ichika, and the pacing allow for her falling in love to move smoothly and spontaneously that felt natural, IMO. Basically, Ichika became the sort of Kanzashi's favorite, super-sentai hero in her mind.

As always, Ichika is Ichika acting the role of the savior prince who rushes in to save the damsel in distress, and this episode the latter role fell on Kanzashi when the modifications on her Uchigane Nishiki IS made it to malfunction while she was running tests on mid-air.
The second thing that I complained a little is that Ichika becomes a magnet inviting unwanted trouble when it comes to his harem burning jealous due that he chose to pair with Kanzashi over anyone of the five of them. That, and he & Sarashiki were caught leaving his together by Kanzashi, whom at that point became in love with Ichika holding high expectations for him.

And, before I finish this post: Yes, indeed, I did notice the blatant and, likely, unintentionally visual reference to DBZ. As well as, I noticed a sort of another unintentional reference played along with the gag on Houkis' boobs.

Sarashiki grabs Houki's chest, shouting "Houki-chan getto daze". That joke played with the visual gag on Houkis' boobs is sort of pun parody to the "Pokemon getto daze".
I guess I just thought things through too much.
Old 2013-11-26, 12:33   Link #40
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleshift View Post
@zibi: I'm pretty sure Tabane doesn't have a ponytail that splits halfway, dude. And you should've seen Houki in an IS, she keeps her hairstyle which is a lot different from that ponytail the woman on the right sports.
Dont forget that this happened in past that we did not see... so between 1-6years so who knows what kind of hair style tabane had that time... besides im basing more on the hari color... the red one has more of a violet color which suits tabane more (houki has black hair)

in the very same ep we saw tabane with short hair... this might be her long hair but the shadows and IS can make it look different (like we dont see madokas hair style in her helmet)... and current hair is very long and messy so seriously it could be anyone (and I guess chifuyu too can change hairstyle from time to time... maybe she changes in real fight so it wouldnt get in the way)

the pic... well akatsubaki has a little different shoulder armors.... hmmm maybe this is houki remembering some training time she got from Chifuyu in free time ?

I mean maybe the last time houki messed up and it almost killed ichika... so chifuyu in secret was training houki in swordsmanship (in dark) so she could get better (going from C to S in short time thx to chifuyus guideance) the same to make houki be able to protect ichika in need

maybe tatenashi was training ichika so chifuyu in free time showed houki few moves... the animators messed up a bit with the pic.
Closed Thread