Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-11-23, 18:40   Link #6441
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I never thought about the dominant personality thing. I always thought that if Gogeta make it to canon story his personality don't stray if not the same as Vegetto for basically have the same material.
It's Dragon Ball fandom, we(obviously not everyone tho) overanalyze pretty much everything(HE"S AURA CHANGED?! IS IT NEW TRANSFORMATION!?), especially power levels

About Gogeta it's probably because people(at least some of them) want to know if he is closer to GT(so called Vegetto-lite) or Fusion Reborn(though, he didnt have much lines there , it's hard to say what was his personality there)

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-11-23 at 19:10.
ThorPL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 19:30   Link #6442
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Vegeta wouldn't call Goku "Goku". He always calls him "Kakarot" ("Kakarotto" in Engurisu), after all. And the reason for Gogeta trying to kill Broly could be because it's still a mix of Goku and Vegeta at the end of the day. I'll have to watch the movie to tell, though (I haven't seen any of the other movies that Broly was in).
You should try watching the first Broly movie if you have the opportunity. Not necessary of course since the new Broly is a reboot of the character with a completely different personality, but it's still a cool movie. I think it's nice to be able to compare the two characters, too.
Old 2018-11-25, 07:45   Link #6443
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Spoiler for potential spoilers?:

Last edited by ThorPL123; 2018-11-25 at 08:17.
Old 2018-11-25, 09:32   Link #6444
alex_drian

mmm I need confirmation, but it would be good to see Gogeta, only more smiling and with the vest yellow color, that I know is true for the figurine.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-25, 11:53   Link #6445
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The screenshots are real, as far as I know.
Old 2018-11-28, 02:12   Link #6446
n0m@n
C-Z

The fourth trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfUkZtqV_O0
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 10:30   Link #6447
SidVicious
Anime addict

Japanese video with Gogeta vs Broly:

https://youtu.be/pwmpBxDmhJM
Old 2018-11-29, 10:43   Link #6448
Hakai

Oh wow...this broke my scouter.

The animation looks absolutely godly.
Old 2018-11-29, 11:46   Link #6449
Galaxian

Like I said before, I not too happy with how one-sided Gogeta vs. Broly seems to be, which the trailer seems to confirm, but I do admit that it looks amazing.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 11:46   Link #6450
alex_drian

THE FUCKING CHILLS IN MY BACK! ABSOLUTELY GORGEUS!

I just went Kyaaaaaaah! and almost shed a tear with canon Gogeta.

And yeah, they don't hold back with maintain in "secret" the scenes of Gogeta until the official release, you just can't in this era of internet and information.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 12:20   Link #6451
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So they gave up and revealed him early, huh. It looks great, but I hope there is more hand to hand combat in this fight than the trailer suggests. This had mainly ki blasts and explosions.
Old 2018-11-29, 14:33   Link #6452
ThorPL123
King of Harem

It looks great, i love new SSB(unpopular opinion, but i always liked this form) look, while i liked "Cyan" SSB i prefer darker shade of blue i hope they will keep it.
Gogeta seems to has better feats that Vegetto i hope Potara fusion will be used again some day.
Old 2018-11-29, 14:44   Link #6453
n0m@n
C-Z

Getting the most favourite villain of the old DBZ movie and getting the most favourite form used by Goku(and Vegeta) from the old DBZ movie in one new film which would be treated as canon... Amazing indeed. Looks like we will be getting lots of figures and stuff for these two characters for next year.
n0m@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 08:12   Link #6454
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Speaking of Vegetto, I wonder if the movie explains why Goku didn't teleport to Shin to get a set of potara instead of spending an hour perfecting the fusion danse.
Old 2018-11-30, 10:23   Link #6455
DragonOsman
Dragon King

So he and Vegeta spent an hour perfecting the Fusion Dance? Yeah, then I also want to know why he didn't just the Potara from Shin. Though I'm guessing he didn't the fusion to last for less than a half an hour like it did against Zamasu. The Fusion Dance one lasted longer, right? Even for the Goku and Vegeta who have godly power?
Old 2018-11-30, 10:29   Link #6456
SidVicious
Anime addict

Official Gogeta poster for the movie:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtQrZFlWsAAloHO.jpg
Old 2018-11-30, 11:34   Link #6457
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Speaking of Vegetto, I wonder if the movie explains why Goku didn't teleport to Shin to get a set of potara instead of spending an hour perfecting the fusion danse.
Only reasonable explanation is that the Fusion dance has an unknown benefit over Potara when it comes to duration, that we dont know yet.

Otherwise, Vegetto would've been more reasonable, heck, even Super Vegetto would've been enough vs FPSSJ Broly.
Old 2018-11-30, 13:00   Link #6458
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
So he and Vegeta spent an hour perfecting the Fusion Dance? Yeah, then I also want to know why he didn't just the Potara from Shin. Though I'm guessing he didn't the fusion to last for less than a half an hour like it did against Zamasu. The Fusion Dance one lasted longer, right? Even for the Goku and Vegeta who have godly power?
They fail the fusion twice (resulting in a fat and a skinny version like Gotenks), and have to wait 30 minutes each time to defuse. So yes, at least one hour.

I don't think it's known just how long Gogeta lasted. He might have lasted longer because he didn't go Blue right away, like how Gotenks wanted to keep SSJ3 for the last five minutes since that's how long he lasted in this form. The duration of the fight on-screen doesn't mean much, they can make five minutes last hours if they want to.
Old 2018-11-30, 15:38   Link #6459
ThorPL123
King of Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They fail the fusion twice (resulting in a fat and a skinny version like Gotenks), and have to wait 30 minutes each time to defuse. So yes, at least one hour.

I don't think it's known just how long Gogeta lasted. He might have lasted longer because he didn't go Blue right away, like how Gotenks wanted to keep SSJ3 for the last five minutes since that's how long he lasted in this form. The duration of the fight on-screen doesn't mean much, they can make five minutes last hours if they want to.
From I've seen from spoilers and trailers i would say that "Canon" Gogeta(SSB Gogeta) might be more energy efficient(and therefore have more time to fight) than Vegetto(SSB Vegetto), i.e. Final Kamehameha drained a large amount of energy from Vegetto which lead to quicker defusion when he wanted to finish off Zamasu(in Anime fustion lasted longer than in Manga IIRC) while Gogeta is spaming attacks(physical and energy), and even after using various stronger and powerful attacks(such as big gay energy ball if spoilers were correct) he's not defused after winning fight.

It's speculation tho.
Old 2018-11-30, 17:47   Link #6460
Galaxian

It would be hilarious if Potara fusion went from being permanent to lasting less than Metamoran fusion.

But it would be a nice way to balance the two, Vegetto being stronger but Gogeta being able to stick around longer.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy