AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-10-08, 19:08   Link #18261
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Uhm, the Yaoi Suzaku-Lelouch is still in the first place.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 03:26   Link #18262
Mr.Raw
Permanent Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Mr.Raw Send a message via MSN to Mr.Raw
...Damn that Yaoi...burned my eyes @_@"

Random info:
Signature: Desert Punk

Mr.Raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-10, 22:22   Link #18263
Zero Gravity
~

Look at all this testosterone in here demanding estrogen..
Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-11, 00:33   Link #18264
faiz blaster

Okay, this totally came out of the nowhere for me....

Images
Britannia Pop Band...?
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-10-11, 01:50   Link #18265
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godlike1889 View Post
...Damn that Yaoi...burned my eyes @_@"
Agreed.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:29   Link #18266
rinichan

Animage 2013 November issue
Spoiler:
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 13:25   Link #18267
GundamFan0083

Akito has the same face I did when I saw that Lelouch was in episode 2.

He looks as if to say "what the hell is he doing here? This is my OVA."
Old 2013-10-12, 14:26   Link #18268
Kusaja

The main difference is that Akito will easily get over it once he realizes the plot of the OVA is still about him.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-12, 18:43   Link #18269
GundamFan0083

Let's hope it stays that way Kusaja.

I've watched the 1st episode again, and if I could I'd change my rating to a 5.
Ignoring the horrible trumpet music, it isn't too bad.
Took me three times watching it to change my mind, but adding Lelouch still pisses me off.
I would like to see a Code Geass without him.
Old 2013-10-12, 22:14   Link #18270
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Let's hope it stays that way Kusaja.

I've watched the 1st episode again, and if I could I'd change my rating to a 5.
Ignoring the horrible trumpet music, it isn't too bad.
Took me three times watching it to change my mind, but adding Lelouch still pisses me off.
Only if it's an AU.

If it's a post R2 continuity with the other characters who lived on, well...
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-13, 04:39   Link #18271
rinichan

too bad this is a side story of the canon material... so everything that will happen to the EU forces will have impact on the upcoming events in our point of view that is R2...

and this is supposed to be a story POV of Akito, now that CC is narrating aside Leila I guess there will be conflicts between them...
rinichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 22:03   Link #18272
Zero Gravity
~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post

If I didn't know any better, I'd say there are a few hotspots emanating some rather mad jelly over this issue in this forum.

There really is no other reason to hate a character so intensely as to recoil at his mere introduction into a series. I don't think I've ever called into question the worthiness of a series just because there's a character in it that I dislike.

Last edited by Zero Gravity; 2013-10-16 at 22:19.
Old 2013-10-17, 00:40   Link #18273
azul120

He doesn't hate him; he just doesn't want him to receive too much focus.

Worse, it's as if he's getting thrown in there to receive additional character abuse.
Old 2013-10-17, 02:05   Link #18274
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
If I didn't know any better, I'd say there are a few hotspots emanating some rather mad jelly over this issue in this forum.

There really is no other reason to hate a character so intensely as to recoil at his mere introduction into a series. I don't think I've ever called into question the worthiness of a series just because there's a character in it that I dislike.
azul120 is of course correct.
I don't hate Lelouch, he is one of my favorite anime characters.
And that's why I don't want to see him in this new anime.
Lelouch's story is supposed to be over, time to make room for new characters without the old ones.
A good example of how successful this can be is with Star Trek the Next Generation.
They didn't need Kirk, Spock or McCoy to make it work (sure they made cameos, but they weren't integral to the stories).
That's the problem here, if Lelouch were only making a cameo appearance that would be understandable, but to add him as a main character is a total turn off for someone like me because it would be nice to see a whole new story without him being a big part of it.
Old 2013-10-17, 03:23   Link #18275
Kusaja

Speaking of Star Trek, Worf from TNG eventually became a regular on Deep Space Nine but he didn't take any room away from the new characters. I see Lelouch's involvement as something similar to a famous guest appearance or even less intrusive, since he's got another persona and the core narrative isn't constructed based on him. Lots of stuff happened before he arrived. I see him as a factor that will bring chaos to the situation, but the actual web of character relationships goes around Julius, not through him. Akito and Shin aren't at odds because of anything Julius did. Leila is curious about Akito and has to deal with the new Japanese characters as well as her superiors, etc.

To make this semi-relevant, the homepage for Akito has a new main image.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/

Lelouch/Julius and Suzaku are there, but they're a bit smaller in size than Shin.

They're not on the Limited Edition packaging for the second episode though, which has Shin and Asura.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/bddvd2.html

Last edited by Kusaja; 2013-10-17 at 03:34.
Old 2013-10-17, 18:09   Link #18276
Zero Gravity
~

I really don't know why we are jumping to the conclusion that he's going to take center stage. Actually, that would be inefficient for Sunrise.

1. Jun Fukuyama undoubtedly charges an arm and a leg for his voice acting (and rightfully so).

2. Based on 5 years' careful monitoring of the Lelouch fanbase, Sunrise knows that they can get away with barely even showing an ounce of Lelouch in order to keep that audience hooked. Anything that contained even one frame of Lelouch instantly became the object of perpetual fixation for fans, giving them the opportunity to make a killing on side materials. Especially in instances where he has been placed in novel circumstances.

Why hemorrhage money when even a brief picture drama reels in the dough?

Basically, they are throwing me a bone. Woof.

So if he has a role on par with, say, Jeremiah -would the series still be tainted for you? How small does the role have to be? V.V.? Rivalz? Arthur?
Old 2013-10-17, 19:19   Link #18277
azul120

If they're going to have Lelouch used as a puppet like this, they should just retcon the final stretch of R2, because then the ZR becomes overkill even more so.
Old 2013-10-17, 20:05   Link #18278
Kusaja

I'm sure the people responsible for this project don't see it that way. And I agree with them.

But here are the pictures I linked to, since it's better to have them in one place.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-17, 20:10   Link #18279
azul120

I'll take the discussion to the General thread.
Old 2013-10-17, 23:19   Link #18280
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
Speaking of Star Trek, Worf from TNG eventually became a regular on Deep Space Nine but he didn't take any room away from the new characters. I see Lelouch's involvement as something similar to a famous guest appearance or even less intrusive, since he's got another persona and the core narrative isn't constructed based on him. Lots of stuff happened before he arrived. I see him as a factor that will bring chaos to the situation, but the actual web of character relationships goes around Julius, not through him. Akito and Shin aren't at odds because of anything Julius did. Leila is curious about Akito and has to deal with the new Japanese characters as well as her superiors, etc.

To make this semi-relevant, the homepage for Akito has a new main image.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/

Lelouch/Julius and Suzaku are there, but they're a bit smaller in size than Shin.

They're not on the Limited Edition packaging for the second episode though, which has Shin and Asura.

http://www.geass.jp/akito/bddvd2.html
I already know how you feel Kusaja.
However, let's not forget that in ST The Next Gen, a minor character--Chief O'Brien--became a major character in DS9.
However, my point is that an entirely new set of characters would have been preferable than using the old ones.
WHY?
Because Lelouch's story is complete (or was).
Unless Sunrise is planning something else (like changing R2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
I really don't know why we are jumping to the conclusion that he's going to take center stage. Actually, that would be inefficient for Sunrise.

1. Jun Fukuyama undoubtedly charges an arm and a leg for his voice acting (and rightfully so).

2. Based on 5 years' careful monitoring of the Lelouch fanbase, Sunrise knows that they can get away with barely even showing an ounce of Lelouch in order to keep that audience hooked. Anything that contained even one frame of Lelouch instantly became the object of perpetual fixation for fans, giving them the opportunity to make a killing on side materials. Especially in instances where he has been placed in novel circumstances.

Why hemorrhage money when even a brief picture drama reels in the dough?

Basically, they are throwing me a bone. Woof.

So if he has a role on par with, say, Jeremiah -would the series still be tainted for you? How small does the role have to be? V.V.? Rivalz? Arthur?
Then Lelouch should only have a cameo (as Zero) in new info or the like.
If the only way they can draw in fans is by having Lelouch in it, then the story is already DOA in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
If they're going to have Lelouch used as a puppet like this, they should just retcon the final stretch of R2, because then the ZR becomes overkill even more so.
Yep.
I concur.
Unless we're seeing a retcon in action (which is possible), I really can't find anything appealing about Lelouch being in Akito.
I want to know about Akito and Leila, not Lelouch, CC, and Suzaku (I already know their stories).

Tags
images, wallpaper