AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-05-21, 21:47   Link #281
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The fact that he said his older brother instead of his father makes me wonder if he sees his brother more than he sees his own father .
And the moment Anya feels the "pressure" makes it clear that Anya is a Newtype. No other explanation is needed
Old 2022-05-22, 02:37   Link #282
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Struck me as kind of odd that Loid would mention "recording" Anya's anime for her. This looks like the 50s (60s latest) in pretty much every technological respect - even VCRs would still be decades off.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 03:01   Link #283
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard07 View Post
I join the forum, sorry if my English is bad, I'm still learning.
I really liked the anime, it's funny (Anya and her faces, as well as her relationship with her parents), but it has a serious side.
Regarding the chapter, Anya apologized for hitting Damian (there may be romance when they are adults) and Anya struggles to study, but I think Loid was a bit harsh on her, I think Anya is smart for a 6 year old ( in fact, maybe he has less), it is good that he reconsiders, and Yor's brother appears, to wait to see how he is.
Question: Later there have been spoilers about Anya's past other than what was shown in the 1 chapter.
Your English is fine, I'd say welcome but I see your account is already several years old, so that would be a bit too late at this point.^^

If you are asking about the manga or about the future episodes, I think it is fine to tell you that so far Anya's past is still a mystery so you don't have to worry about spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, I'd say in a certain way that Plan B is going great . Might take a bit more time since Damian is way too tsundere and Anya is still a bit too young/innocent to understand that he's got a crush on her. The most hilarious part of it is Loid being convinced that it's utterly hopeless .

The fan art really is amazing. This pair have been utterly swept up by the community and carried to entertaining heights. It is too bad that we likely won't see them a few years older. But this is still worth a lot. Especially since I can't help but hear it being screamed similarly to the cat-ears incident in Kaguya-sama.
I bet Damian's friends will be totally against this romance as it doesn't suit their amazing boss while Becky will be behind it because a commoner and a scion of a prestigious family? How romantic~ xD

Yeah, there are tons of fanart out of those two by now. Think the latest two episodes will just fuel the Damianya fire even more. And I heard the same scream.^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The fact that he said his older brother instead of his father makes me wonder if he sees his brother more than he sees his own father .
True, considering what we know about Desmond, what we heard from Damian himself and how Damian was all alone on the class photo despite his young age, it doesn't feel like Desmond is quite the family man. So I dunno if Loid's Plan B would have worked to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Struck me as kind of odd that Loid would mention "recording" Anya's anime for her. This looks like the 50s (60s latest) in pretty much every technological respect - even VCRs would still be decades off.
Considering the computers, the modern railway in the castle and all the spy gadgets we saw in Loid's room when Anya rummaged through them, I think the looks/aesthetics are 50/60s but the tech level is like twenty years ahead, so VCR could fit well into that.
Old 2022-05-22, 03:04   Link #284
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That whole castle thing was totally anachronistic and mostly anime-original, but I guess this is the anime so it's canon now.
Old 2022-05-22, 03:48   Link #285
EroKing

Anya x Damian

Tons of great artworks so far.

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 08:13.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 04:05   Link #286
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

DamiaAnya is the flagship of the SxF fleet. It's been at the heart of the manga fandom since it first debuted.

Damian is your classic poor little rich boy. The fact that he's actually a good kid is what makes this dynamic work. And the notion of a tsun whose self-deceit the audience (via Anya) is privy too is another clever conceit, something this series is very good at coming up with.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2022-05-22 at 08:08.
Old 2022-05-22, 04:28   Link #287
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Considering the computers, the modern railway in the castle and all the spy gadgets we saw in Loid's room when Anya rummaged through them, I think the looks/aesthetics are 50/60s but the tech level is like twenty years ahead, so VCR could fit well into that.
IRL MI6 & CIA already had spy gadgets like you've seen in this anime in the 60s (but of course it's less exaggerated unlike the Mission Impossible mask). Microprocessor already existed in around 1969 when the moon landing mission succeeded which was assisted by computers. And yet, "VCR started gaining mass market traction in 1975" and the VCR industry only fully bloomed during the 80s.

So yeah, I shared Enzo's sentiment of feeling a bit odd when realizing VCR being a normal household item in a world with late 60s tech at best.
Old 2022-05-22, 04:52   Link #288
ryllharu

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
IRL MI6 & CIA already had spy gadgets like you've seen in this anime in the 60s (but of course it's less exaggerated unlike the Mission Impossible mask). Microprocessor already existed in around 1969 when the moon landing mission succeeded which was assisted by computers. And yet, "VCR started gaining mass market traction in 1975" and the VCR industry only fully bloomed during the 80s.

So yeah, I shared Enzo's sentiment of feeling a bit odd when realizing VCR being a normal household item in a world with late 60s tech at best.
There is a reel-to-reel machine underneath their tv set.

Anya uses it in Episode 5 before they go to the castle, but it has been visible in every episode since Episode 3 when the shot is wide enough to not have the coffee table block it from view. You can first see it below the TV set when Anya welcomes Yor into the apartment. In the manga, it has been present since Loid and Anya moved into the current apartment.

edit:
Domestic reel-to-reel recorders are from around 1965.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 06:51   Link #289
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
There is a reel-to-reel machine underneath their tv set.

Anya uses it in Episode 5 before they go to the castle, but it has been visible in every episode since Episode 3 when the shot is wide enough to not have the coffee table block it from view. You can first see it below the TV set when Anya welcomes Yor into the apartment. In the manga, it has been present since Loid and Anya moved into the current apartment.

edit:
Domestic reel-to-reel recorders are from around 1965.
So it's not really a modern VCR then? Okay, that's better.
Old 2022-05-22, 07:49   Link #290
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroKing View Post
Tons of great artworks so far.
People really like Anya/Damian's Hogwarts-like school uniform/Imperial Scholar uniform.

Spoiler for It does look great on them:

Quote:
DamiaAnya is flagship of the SxF fleet. It's been at the heart of the manga fandom since it first debuted.
Yeah, remember how yesterday SxF got retweeted like 20 million times in Japan? We're past double that amount today.

That's a lot of activity there. Pretty sure the whole Damianya business is partly responsible for that.

Spoiler for I mean, look at this smug chemistry there <3:
Old 2022-05-22, 09:20   Link #291
Frontier

Quote:
DamiaAnya is the flagship of the SxF fleet. It's been at the heart of the manga fandom since it first debuted.

Damian is your classic poor little rich boy. The fact that he's actually a good kid is what makes this dynamic work. And the notion of a tsun whose self-deceit the audience (via Anya) is privy too is another clever conceit, something this series is very good at coming up with.
A telepath and a tsundere is an amazing combination .
Old 2022-05-22, 15:22   Link #292
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Has the original story already progressed to the point where Anya and Damian are teenagers? Or is all that artwork just people's imaginations?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 15:24   Link #293
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Has the original story already progressed to the point where Anya and Damian are teenagers? Or is all that artwork just people's imaginations?
Nah, story has not progressed even a year I think.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-22, 18:10   Link #294
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Nah, story has not progressed even a year I think.
Yep, they're still in first grade. Stuff happens sometimes, but the main story never progresses.
Old 2022-05-23, 13:39   Link #295
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

The dynamic is going to change once she gets old enough to actually understand, though...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 15:45   Link #296
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
The dynamic is going to change once she gets old enough to actually understand, though...
Considering her primary role models are a man who overanalyzes everything but manages to be somewhat clueless about how normal people operate and a woman prone to gullible and ditzy behavior, to the point of looking at math problems and ends up admiring how much a number resembles a letter...I think that might be a while.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 16:05   Link #297
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

A while, sure, but you know. Eventually. Especially if she keeps hanging out with Becky.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-23, 18:18   Link #298
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryllharu View Post
Considering her primary role models are a man who overanalyzes everything but manages to be somewhat clueless about how normal people operate and a woman prone to gullible and ditzy behavior, to the point of looking at math problems and ends up admiring how much a number resembles a letter...I think that might be a while.
Not to mention her parents have never been in a real relationship with anyone before. We saw that Loid dated the daughter of a politician for his job in the first episode, but I doubt he ever dated anyone for real. He at least learned how to seduce a woman, but that's probably about it.

Yor obviously has zero experience, fake or real.

That said, by the time Anya hits puberty I certainly hope these two will have gotten together.
Old 2022-05-24, 02:12   Link #299
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not to mention her parents have never been in a real relationship with anyone before. We saw that Loid dated the daughter of a politician for his job in the first episode, but I doubt he ever dated anyone for real. He at least learned how to seduce a woman, but that's probably about it.

Yor obviously has zero experience, fake or real.

That said, by the time Anya hits puberty I certainly hope these two will have gotten together.
I think it’d happen before she hits third grade.
Old 2022-05-28, 11:02   Link #300
Frontier

It seems like Anya has more to worry about at school than just Damian...math, the bane of any kids' existence .

So not only does Loid have to worry about Anya's educational prospects and what's on the line if she keeps getting Bolts, but the Secret Police is active and they don't mess around .

We finally get to properly meet Yor's brother Yuri, and while he's cute and a total siscon (which is already a turnoff) he's also a loyal and dedicated secret police agent who is dedicated to ridding the nation of any traitors or spies in order to protect his sister (unaware she does something similar in her assassin work) and he can be pretty vicious when he needs to be. He also has his sights set squarely on catching Twilight, unaware it's his brother-in-law .

The best way to teach kids? Use cartoons .

That's a pretty excessive bouqet of roses...and Yuri actually seems kind of turned on by the lingering wound of Yor' hug that broke his ribs. Man, he's got it bad .

Wow, the sure went all out on making the Forger Household seem all lovey-dovey! Maybe excessively so. I just love the idea that Loid and Yor posed and took all those romantic pictures just to have them to show off to people .

So we've got Yuri who has it out to expose Loid because he can't believe anyone is a good fit for his sister, Loid who is trying to protect the secret of his sham family, and Yor who is trying to protect the secret of her real job through her sham family. What will happen when all these double-talks and secrets come together? Pure hilarity .

I see Yor is so scatterbrained and Yuri takes her at her word so much that he can readily believe she legitimately forgot to tell him about her marriage...and legitimately forgot that she forgot to tell him about her marriage .

At least Yor knows it's better she's not drunk for this one, to her immense disappointment .

I love how Yuri comes up with a fake nickname Yor came up with for Loid and in despair guzzles down that wine like a true Briar child .

So Loid figures out Yuri's with the secret police which makes it even more pertinent to get on Yuri's good side, but Yuri doesn't trust in Loid's relationship with Yor, and while Loid can say romantic platitudes as part of the "cover," it definitely stirs up Yor's heart .

Ah, forcing them to kiss! A staple of any fake relationship ever .

Tags
action, bondman, comedy, espionage, james bond, secret agency