AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-10, 15:56   Link #681
askara

abit late but comment before was all Fujoshi talk and Kyoani pandering and what not but i want to ask is this like Kimi to Boku(love it) or K-on with dude? i mean is there any stupid dude blushing and sparkle or just comedy?
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 16:02   Link #682
Dop
Mmmm....

Well that was fun, I really am enjoying this show.

Spoiler for ep 2:

I really do think that the 'Haruka gets his kit off to reveal his swimming trunks underneath' is the running gag of this show.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 16:11   Link #683
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Kou stole the show this week. I'm grateful for her presence. Makes this less of a sausage fest. The teacher is pretty entertaining as well. Other than that, this ep was nothing special. Just your typical "let's create a club!" ep with a little bit of drama on the side (the stuff pertaining to Rin and his butthurt). Pretty enjoyable as a whole.
Old 2013-07-10, 16:22   Link #684
Blaat

I like the teacher and Gou but you just know that these characters would still be females if this show was a typical Kyoani moe girl show.
Old 2013-07-10, 17:16   Link #685
Gravitas Free Zone

Yeah, I can't help but think of the teacher as an alternate future for Yui Hirasawa...
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 18:25   Link #686
Kirarakim

I enjoyed this episode much more than the first. Sure it is stuff we've seen before and Rin's reason for acting like a jerk was predictable, but I found it well executed.

More importantly Rin and Haruka actually showed slightly more personality than being a jerk and general disinterest. Rin looked like he was tearing up at one point and I swore Haruka smiled...a vast improvement. I also laughed when he tried to get in the fish tank.

So far Gou is probably my favorite character so far though. I like the teacher too.
Old 2013-07-10, 18:30   Link #687
mistress_kisara

Gou is awesome! and lol to Haruka for trying to swim in an aquarium :P
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 18:32   Link #688
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i thought the part with the art club was hilarious. is it possible that Rin thought Haru threw the race?

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 18:53   Link #689
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i thought the part with the art club was hilarious. is it possible that Rin thought Haru threw the race?
Yeah, that's my guess too.
Sound of Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 20:32   Link #690
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I'm guessing that Rin's pissed at Haru for throwing off the race so Rin could win so now Rin wants a challenge and beat Haru on merit. #theory

LMAO at Kou checking out Haru. DAT ARM!
Old 2013-07-10, 21:09   Link #691
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
I'm enjoying the show, and the characters. It looks like I'm the only person who actually likes Nagisa just the way he is. :P

Nagisa, and Gou's Bug's Bunny/Daffy Duck routine was funny, and I'm liking Gou a lot more after this episode. A woman after my own heart.

Earlier someone mentioned the OTP was Haruka X Pool, more like Haruka X Any body of water, considering how willing he was to get into that fish tank. I can imagine you could get Haruka to do just about anything if you told him he'd get to get into some water afterwards.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 21:35   Link #692
backbone
Banned

Getting better

Finally we got some glimpse as to why Rin behaves the way he is. I know it hurts to lose to your best friend, but to Quit swimming completely? It's this part of him that i can't still understand yet. Here's some hoping there will be some more explanation about him in the future eps

The only thing that disappoint me is the absence of the last guy (The glasses guy). It's already 2 eps and the swimming club is already established, why only have him appear shortly? I thought he was going to appear at the last couple of minutes to surprise us, sadly it didn't happen.

And Kou . . . oh Kou, your reactions toward those healthy muscles was so hilarious i couldn't stop laughing
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 21:39   Link #693
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Wow Kou really likes tri-sipes
Old 2013-07-10, 22:06   Link #694
Puu

The first episode was very fanservice-y, but I'm pleasantly surprised by episode two. Somehow, I just feel like they had more ... character-side of things? I adore the teacher and Gou. And seeing the bits between
Spoiler for Episode 2 spoiler:

Looking forward to next ep
Puu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 22:32   Link #695
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
Depends on context. The teacher used -kun for boys and -san for girls consistently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
Thanks, makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I would think -chan is too childish a term to describe a schoolgirl for a teacher. So it makes sense to default to -san for the girls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
*continues to sit on hands*

OK, just this one:

That's the basic idea. Typically when girls enter primary school they'll be called "-san" (by those who bother with honorifics and are not close enough for -chan). It's a way of treating them as young women, like the old-fashioned way addressing young females as "Miss Firstname." (Well, it's old-fashioned where I live.)

This is very typical, though, and even in anime it happens all the time, so it's not just Free being weird. (Most recently in RDG: the boys are Sagara-kun and Manatsu-kun, but the girls are Suzuhara-san and Mayura-san.)
Interesting. Does the gender of the teacher matter? Because I've seen a lot of teachers use -kun for both boys and girls, but I think that's always been male teachers. I asked about it before and was told it's a way for teachers to keep a hierarchy in the honorifics while remaining distant from the female students and not being overly familiar (which -chan would be). Is that correct?

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 22:48   Link #696
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Goddamit Kou, why you so insistent on the well being of your brother?

Oh well, at least it's pretty much confirmed that (in the words of Konata's dad) she is not just a brocon, but ALSO a brocon. Sure she worries a wee bit too much for her bro, but she just can't resist the temptation of the triceps, now can she?

But yeah, Kou = best character in the show. Holy crap, her antics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I certainly hope not as that's not why the girls are tuning in to the program.
Girls (or at least those I know IRL) are turning in either for the manservice and/or the BL possibilities. Het romance is like the furthest thing in their minds.

Me on the other hand is tuning to the show exactly for that reason. So I think you got it the other way around.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 23:15   Link #697
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Earlier someone mentioned the OTP was Haruka X Pool, more like Haruka X Any body of water, considering how willing he was to get into that fish tank. I can imagine you could get Haruka to do just about anything if you told him he'd get to get into some water afterwards.
Oh boy. That's going to be the basis for a lot of doujinshi, probably.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 00:46   Link #698
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Goddamit Kou, why you so insistent on the well being of your brother?

Oh well, at least it's pretty much confirmed that (in the words of Konata's dad) she is not just a brocon, but ALSO a brocon. Sure she worries a wee bit too much for her bro, but she just can't resist the temptation of the triceps, now can she?

But yeah, Kou = best character in the show. Holy crap, her antics...

Girls (or at least those I know IRL) are turning in either for the manservice and/or the BL possibilities. Het romance is like the furthest thing in their minds.

Me on the other hand is tuning to the show exactly for that reason. So I think you got it the other way around.
Hmm i don't think she cares too much at all; not quite sure where you got the impression. I think she just misses the person he used to be.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 01:13   Link #699
Gravitas Free Zone

Haruka's immersion fixation is so extreme that I am thinking of Marat. Minus the skin condition and the stabbing.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 01:30   Link #700
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Gou is awesome! and lol to Haruka for trying to swim in an aquarium :P
I cracked up at that fish tank scene! I know Haru really loves swimming, but I'm beginning to wonder if he has a mental issue or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
I don't think he threw the race, at least not in the usual sense. We know that Haruka gave up swimming competitively after Rin lost to him that year. During this recent race between the two, as Makato says, he not really trying to do things competitively anymore, he does it because he enjoys it. He not trying. So when Rin won, he didn't win because Haru purposefully slowed down or messed up or anything, Haru wasn't even trying from the beginning! That's why Rin is so pissed off.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, fabulous, sports, water animation