Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-03, 15:09   Link #1121
EroKing

Spoiler for episode 15!

Images
More fan art
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-23 at 07:59.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 15:16   Link #1122
arkhangelsk

I enjoyed the whole male-female dynamic this episode because it was comedic yet rang a note of truth and realism. However, I must wonder why they just left the remnants of the dead squads. It's as if they want the new squads to get past the tape eventually and find out their probable fate.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 16:23   Link #1123
LKK

Since there seems to be a debate on whether previews are open for discussion or are they spoiler material, here is the official AS stance on previews.

If a preview is part of the original broadcast, it is considered part of the show and may be discussed openly.

If a preview is released later, say mid-week for example, it may be discussed here inside spoiler boxes. (Only the content of what's shown in the preview may be discussed and speculated on. No other future source material (if it exists) discussion is allowed.)

If a preview is released post-broadcast and someone is talking about it in open posting, report the post. Please specify what part of the post is preview material, don't assume that we mods can automatically know what part of the post is not from the current episode and what's not. We need guidance because like most viewers not every mod watches every episode of every anime within hours (days, weeks, years) of its release.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 16:47   Link #1124
Sakuratsuki

Great episode. 02 really had me laughing when she stole their cloths, that mischievous behavior of hers is really funny to see. At the start some characters really annoyed me but now I grow fond of them. Now we have to wait till things really go down. A flag is raised for such a development.

The influence of 02 is really showing on this group. 02 seems to know more about human emotions and how humans used to live on the surface. I hope she starts to open up to HIro more so that we can see more about her past. Hiro his new found resolve came from 02 while first it used to be about protecting and living for the elders. She really changed him for the better. I was quite surprised when the professor made the remark about not telling the elders about the current condition of the group. That explains a lot about how messed up those elders really are. A rebellion in the future could be a possibility.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2018-03-04 at 11:46.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 17:28   Link #1125
Lukes YGO & WS on YT
Naracchi & Saracchi

Spoiler for Episode 8 Comments/Feedback:
Lukes YGO & WS on YT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 17:46   Link #1126
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
I love this episode, rarely nowadays does any media acknowledge the facts that men being perverted (obviously within a limit) is fine and healthy.
I know this is just semantics but "perversion" by definition is abnormal. You can't be perverted within a limit because you're already outside the limit.

And personally, I've always found anime/Japanese media portraying the opposite and often featuring proud "perverted" male characters as positive things. I think the medium in general has long since moved past the whole wimpy male lead being a punching bag for a loli tsundere. If anything I've often found works being a bit too self congratulatory on averting this trope. At the very least I've come across far too many fans praising their favourite derivative crap just because "iz diffrent coz the MC isnt a wuss".

Quote:
Some has said DiTF is an propaganda for the Japanese to have more kids and I can see why.
Really? Some people are actually saying that? I really don't think this show is smart enough to be capable of any real social commentary. I really think it's just about adolescent teenagers being adolescent child soldiers.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 18:13   Link #1127
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I know this is just semantics but "perversion" by definition is abnormal. You can't be perverted within a limit because you're already outside the limit.

And personally, I've always found anime/Japanese media portraying the opposite and often featuring proud "perverted" male characters as positive things. I think the medium in general has long since moved past the whole wimpy male lead being a punching bag for a loli tsundere. If anything I've often found works being a bit too self congratulatory on averting this trope. At the very least I've come across far too many fans praising their favourite derivative crap just because "iz diffrent coz the MC isnt a wuss".

Really? Some people are actually saying that? I really don't think this show is smart enough to be capable of any real social commentary. I really think it's just about adolescent teenagers being adolescent child soldiers.
i do think which "pervert have limits" cuz following your logic then everyone which have a "pervetion" could be already a "crazy rape/murder" cuz he 'don't have limits", pervertion is something common in our life, if you have "sexual desire and attraction" you have a "pervertion", what matter is how much you go with that and what sort of "pervertion you have" because pervertion come in many different ways, we have peoples perverted toward large or small breasts, pervertion for underwears, for foot and many others things, what is matter is how much the persion can go into his perversion and how much strong it is on him.

about the "pervet x loser/wuzz mcs, i honestly hate both, that is one of my big problems with animes, cuz in general most animes you have 1 of the 2, rarelly you find a "mind ground mc" which is not a big pervert neither a totally dense or coward, while a "middle ground exist" they are "rare", because otakus don't proper identify with that sort of mcs, since japaneses males are become over time more and more shy and "herbivores" and more passive then the "coward/dense is more "common" and wanted among males japanases specially otakus, because it's more easy for them to identify with that sort of "generic guy", which normally ending being making the serie outside "otakus" turning in mediocre to bad(even among otakus in some cases get tired to see over and over the repeated formule), but the problem get worst because when someone try something new and try to get out of that "bubble formule normally ending failling or because the writer lacked good knowledge to do it proper or just the most important anime/novel/manga fanbase can get easy off even when they want that things, then the ammount of series which try to do that are low and the ones with sucess are even more low, leading to the problem just get worst overtime, because they can't proper try something new because are too scared of negative reactions at same time the public itself ending don't knowing what they really want since when they start to ask for "something new" they ending have bad reaction to the new and asking back "more of the old".
Old 2018-03-03, 18:45   Link #1128
kari-no-sugata II

Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anyone comment on 02's new pilot suit design (white based instead of red based). This along with various other things shows her starting to become more part of the "group" rather than being an outsider. I wonder how long it'll be until we see her wearing the standard uniform for squad 13 as well?

02's comments on the adults was also interesting. Clearly she doesn't aspire to be like them.

This episode also makes it quite clear that the girls have no idea what is happening to their bodies when they're synced with the FranXX. The boys could probably fondle them without being noticed...

I also wonder if there is a subtle allusion to having children (including pregnancy) and piloting a FranXX - for piloting, the girls take the brunt of the pain while the guys take more of a back seat. It's certainly not equal.

PS With regards to the word "pervy" it should only be considered in the erotic sense of "you little perv" - it shouldn't be seen as a synonym for "perverted". The Japanese word used (ecchi) is the same - it's basically referring to sexual attraction / eroticism and the like only.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 18:49   Link #1129
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Shouldn't they worry that a liquid that can dissolve a pilot suit will move on to skin and flesh?

I'm not big on the omnipresent dynamics of horny boys ogling prudish girls and never the other way around.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 18:56   Link #1130
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

This ep drop some serious heavy tone near the end , death is a reality .

I missed the old 02 red suit , she is better with that , though the new suit align with Strelizia color schematic and plant 13 .

I have a feeling that the klaxxosaur this week was specifically requested by Yabuki . He gonna have fun drawing that
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-03, 19:16   Link #1131
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Last week's episode and this one made it even more obvious why Yabuki was chosen to draw the manga. It's reaching a point where I'm starting to suspect they're writing these scenes specifically for him (that Klaxosaur came right out of To Love-ru).

Anyway, it wasn't just a fanservice episode. There was quite a bit of character development too, and all of Zero Two's scenes were great. Both the fun and the foreboding ones.
Old 2018-03-03, 19:45   Link #1132
Wandering Soul

It was a fun episode that like last week's had more to offer than just fan service. There were some nice character development moments and 02's scenes were a blast. I like how her attitude towards the situation was wanting to have fun with it and make it implode.
Old 2018-03-03, 20:07   Link #1133
James Rye

Good old boys vs girls fighting. Feels like elementary school all over again. xD
A silly but important episode as it was needed to show who shows in what relationship interest or not. Miku and Zorome are going to be fine, same with Hiro and 02. Mitsuru and Ikuno, Kokoro and Iforgothisnamelet'sgowithfathnobreadboy as well as Ichigo and Goro are another matter. Ikuno's gay for Ichigo, Ichigo is deeply in love (and in the sisterzone) with Hiro, Kokoro has an interest in Mitsuru, Mitsuru doesn't give a shit and Goro is too nice and inexperienced to know what he feels or how to act upon it. It could end happy for all of them, but I really doubt it. Looks more like we will either have one by one dying or lots of them dying in some great brutal final, nearby final fight.
Old 2018-03-03, 23:00   Link #1134
shadow1296

yeah this clearly was an episode made to take advantage of yabuki as the manga artist, but it was also an episode that shows that this is a series that can't be taken at face value specifically in which they ended the episode and showing these kids there is a true threat of death that they are facing while the guys kinda came to that realization albeit indirectly before that room hammered it home, also i do like the fact that when the subject of the room came up only hiro and mitsuru were shown not to react to the knowledge of the previous squad because of what 002 said in the episode in which mitsuru tried to pilot with her and 002 said that they were about to lose another squad, sadly they forgot ikuno was also there, but i guess they made up for it by more hints that she is gay( i swear if they keep hinting at this and it goes nowhere i will be super pissed). this also the only episode in which they act truly as kids would which is a nice change of pace to the previous instances which is all serious all the time
Old 2018-03-03, 23:14   Link #1135
kampfer91
Master Eugenist

What i find it is quite disturbing that how Nana and the guy who i don't even his name talking about dealing with team 13 puberty according to the manual like other team , the cloning theory may be true and these children bred to fight and destined to die.
kampfer91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 01:39   Link #1136
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Jokingly obviously due to the pro-heteronormative nature of the show, heck even I was somewhat affected by it. Watching Hiro and 02 really ignited my desire to start a new relationship and get a gf too.
Old 2018-03-04, 05:23   Link #1137
Sacredus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
Jokingly obviously due to the pro-heteronormative nature of the show, heck even I was somewhat affected by it. Watching Hiro and 02 really ignited my desire to start a new relationship and get a gf too.
Dude, like what? You first call this show propaganda and now you have problem that they show normal relationship?
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 08:51   Link #1138
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Dude, like what? You first call this show propaganda and now you have problem that they show normal relationship?
Nah, he's just saying that the show is very strongly focused about male-female pairings, and doesn't seem to play much with other sexualities. The very theme of the show seems to be the way men and women can be 'complementary' to each other in a couple. Personally I don't think it's propaganda , that's been a joke for many anime, but neither I find it especially problematic. Some people are complaining as if doing it this way made it homo- or trans-phobic, but personally I don't think it's saying anything bad about that, it's just picked its own theme and running with it. I understand if someone who's gay or trans is not interested, because of course it may not resonate with them, but I don't think it's meant as an attack or a proclaim that heterosexuality is the only "right" way to do things or anything like that.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 09:14   Link #1139
KPSJ

Not enough ichigo this EP plus she felt so out of character.
KPSJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-04, 10:50   Link #1140
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kampfer91 View Post
What i find it is quite disturbing that how Nana and the guy who i don't even his name talking about dealing with team 13 puberty according to the manual like other team , the cloning theory may be true and these children bred to fight and destined to die.
I dunno if I would call it "disturbing" but it's certainly a clue that there's something very strange about the situation (by our standards). It gives the impression that the "adults" have little practical experience with "children", which is rather odd.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote