AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-07-12, 09:50   Link #10261
dedecou

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Bit late, but what makes you think Lugh? That goes against practically every hint we have gotten so far.
Well, Lugh is a God which killed a Demon King(Balor).
He is a God of the Sun, Light and Arts(said to have mastered all arts), also a God of Magic and a Trickster, he is identified with Lugus and Lleu Llaw Gyffes(the guy which couldn't be killed unless at under very specific conditions). Most people equate Lugh also with Mercury(I have even seen that Mercury is Lugh modern disguise) and as Mercury is often identified with Hermes, I guess you could also identify him with Lugh.
And obviously, in occult stuff, Hermes/Thoth is really famous(Hermeticism stuff).

For the connection with Argonautica, remember that Argos itself should be considered?
The thing is that the Irish sort of have their own Argonautica, the Sons of Tuirenn, which went over the world to collect Magic Items for Lugh.
They used Lugh magic boat. The Argos could have influenced or been influenced by that boat(don't know which is older), so it would be 'genealogy'(which in this case is just as where the myths may have come from.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Here's a crazy suggestion as to who KotE is: Jesus. It's mentioned in the Revelation of John (which describes the Apocalypse, or "the End" of the world) that he has a sword (which comes out of his mouth, so it's obviously symbolic, but whatever).
I'm not saying that will be likely, but it would be kind of interesting...
Here is the crazy thing, some place in Japan claims to be the burial site of Jesus.
Look here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shingō,_Aomori
dedecou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 12:13   Link #10262
Mechatrill

I personally started liking it straight from about the first chapter on.

It might have been because I got into this right after reading Infinite Stratos (and perhaps a number of other harem series like it). Throughout all of IS, I was getting increasingly frustrated with Ichika's denseness and the inability of the girls to spit it out, so when I hit Campione and right off the bat was Erica, who easily and without a hint of shame or insincerity told Godou to his face that she's in love with him.

Shame? Embarrassment? Even propriety? Erica literally had no fucks to give. She knew what she wants, and she's not shy about doing whatever it takes to hammer her feelings through Godou's thick head. That kind of assertive heroine was like a breath of fresh air to me, and she's stayed my favorite heroine of Campione throughout the story for that reason.
Mechatrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 12:49   Link #10263
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post

It might have been because I got into this right after reading Infinite Stratos (and perhaps a number of other harem series like it). Throughout all of IS, I was getting increasingly frustrated with Ichika's denseness and the inability of the girls to spit it out, so when I hit Campione and right off the bat was Erica, who easily and without a hint of shame or insincerity told Godou to his face that she's in love with him.

Shame? Embarrassment? Even propriety? Erica literally had no fucks to give. She knew what she wants, and she's not shy about doing whatever it takes to hammer her feelings through Godou's thick head. That kind of assertive heroine was like a breath of fresh air to me, and she's stayed my favorite heroine of Campione throughout the story for that reason.
That and the fact the MC has no problem throwing around magical nukes like a boss.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-12, 13:01   Link #10264
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechatrill View Post

Yeah, I think it was a stroke of genius to start the first volume with "Devoted harem leader Erika." and save the "Annoying, haughty and sometimes tsundere Erika" for flashbacks. She made an outstanding first impression, so you can look on the flashback and laugh!
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 17:50   Link #10265
Forkys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwarlord View Post
Knowledge, martial arts and experience? Going by this series' logic, those things only matter to mortals, campiones give no care about them. Just like Pandora said, they know how to fight since birth (when they became campiones), so it's safe to assume they must be treated equally, be it a new born campione or a hundred year old one. Other campiones and gods fully understand this, so they treated Godou - a new born campione - as an equal, only the ignorant mage in volume 3 think otherwise and we know what happened to him. So just because Godou has less knowledge and experience, you can't say he is more awesome than others when they fight.
Its true that there is mentioned that experience is most important. but from my view he needs know some techniques how to use sword for example because when you fight with a sword and know how to use it then it is for a man who knows how to fight with a sword or other martial arts easy to avoid attack or attack himself. And from what it has been suggested in novel he should get another sword (white, according to prophecy). So even if Godou should have sword that can withstand Doni's authority, he would still lose against him because he doesn´t know how to fight with sword and battle instinct can´t do everything. This was seen in the fight between Godoy and Luo Hao, when he fought with the authority of a bull against the authority of Divine Might Vajrapani and was losing because she used against him martial arts. Therefore, I think that would be a good if he would finally learn some martial arts and magic control, because when he fight against ,,normal" people he can´t defend himself good. It was shown many times that without his authorities he can´t defend himself.

And I think that by now he should have slowly gain some new authority since his authority have many conditions, and as was mentioned several times in the novel that campione who has more authorities, has greater chances of winning. For example, in the fight between Godou and Voban, if voban wouldn´t have decided to stop fight then Godou would have been defeated because voban still had some authority while Godou was already at zero.
Forkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 13:47   Link #10266
Forkys

´What sword do you think he will obtain (white one from prophecy)?
Old 2014-07-20, 17:18   Link #10267
senjiro
ecchi sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
Godou? Lol, he has ama no murakumo since vol.6, jet black blade, also with ama he is able to summon the black star of creation(OP skill)
Mari the pityfull witch
senjiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 17:49   Link #10268
krytyk
幻想生物

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkys View Post
King of the End's sword, obviously. Excalibur. Also, it comes in the package with Athena.

I wouldn't be surprised if author trolled and KotE was actually a campione himself.
- All my translations have been moved from Baka-Tsuki to http://krytykal.org -
krytyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 18:56   Link #10269
teejmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by krytyk View Post
King of the End's sword, obviously. Excalibur. Also, it comes in the package with Athena.

I wouldn't be surprised if author trolled and KotE was actually a campione himself.
Huh... so I wasn't the only one who had that idea (even if yours seems sarcastic). Though there's a chance you and I have different thoughts - my idea is, if a Campione defeats the KotE, he becomes it instead, kind of like how John Pluto Smith inherited the role and duties of King of the Fairies. Well, this is an idea that I just thought up one time, so it probably is completely wrong.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 20:24   Link #10270
Forkys

In myths there is many ,,white" swords as Duradal, Excalibur, Balmung,... And i would guess that he will get him before fight with KotE. Does someone knows how it is with Copied Authorities which he get from Ame no Murakumo no Tsurugi (Body of Steel, Dragon's Roar and Tiger's Howl,...) can he use them any time or must meet the conditions for use?
Old 2014-07-20, 22:10   Link #10271
Ickarium

Well, he needs to absorb an in-use authority, it's not a permanent absorption. Thus, for example, he can control magnetism on his own if he wants, as he has the sword 'absorb' the power of his Goat authority. But aren't Dragon's Roar/Tiger's Howl from Lu Hao? He'd need her around to do that. Etc.
Old 2014-07-20, 23:38   Link #10272
Spica

Quote:
Originally Posted by teejmo View Post
Huh... so I wasn't the only one who had that idea (even if yours seems sarcastic). Though there's a chance you and I have different thoughts - my idea is, if a Campione defeats the KotE, he becomes it instead, kind of like how John Pluto Smith inherited the role and duties of King of the Fairies. Well, this is an idea that I just thought up one time, so it probably is completely wrong.
Dude I have the same thought for a long time. I think it would be quite awesome for a twist though.
It would probably happen if a KOTE is a must have for the world.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-21, 01:26   Link #10273
teejmo

Um, about the white sword, if the KotE isn't a title that the Campione wields upon defeating the previous one (which, though it would be interesting, is unlikely to happen), Godou will most likely not have the Divine Sword of Salvation (aka, KotE's sword). Why? Because of this from Volume 15:
Quote:
"The heroes of steel pretty much all have immortal bodies, right? So this is the form of your immortality..."
'Indeed. Provided the Divine Sword of Salvation continues to exist, I can resurrect repeatedly on the earth. Even if the blade is covered with rust and decrepit beyond compare, so long as the correct sequence is executed, I can descend once again. In the same manner as that performed by my fake mother this time...'
This was the manifestation of the "King of the End"'s immortality.
You could make an argument that the sword is the soul of KotE - as long as the sword is there, so is the KotE. For KotE to truly be defeated, Godou will have to destroy the sword - which basically means that, unless Godou becomes KotE (unlikely), he will never have the Divine Sword of Salvation.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 19:06   Link #10274
coded321
He Who Games

im slightly confused about godou's hand to hand combat skills. it was previously mentioned earlier in this thread that he has no martial arts training, but i thought he had at least some training or experience, enough to handle himself in hand to hand fights, like how touma from TOARU is an capable street fighter. can someone clear this up for me please?
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 19:23   Link #10275
Ickarium

He has no martial arts training. The only physical activity he's been shown to be good at from his normal life is baseball.
Old 2014-07-22, 19:30   Link #10276
coded321
He Who Games

was it me or did the anime make it look like he had at least some hand to hand skills?
Old 2014-07-22, 20:59   Link #10277
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
He has no martial arts training. The only physical activity he's been shown to be good at from his normal life is baseball.
From the side story however, it seems he has enough street fighting skill to subdue a group delinquent however. At least that something.
Old 2014-07-22, 21:16   Link #10278
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
From the side story however, it seems he has enough street fighting skill to subdue a group delinquent however. At least that something.
do you mean a group of delinquents? or a delinquent from a group?
Old 2014-07-22, 21:17   Link #10279
Ickarium

Remember, the side story is post-Campione status (least if I'm recalling right). Campiones have a weird 'instinct' in fighting that puts them above norms.

Post-Campione, he managed to dodge -ERICA's- attacks.
Old 2014-07-22, 21:44   Link #10280
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
do you mean a group of delinquents? or a delinquent from a group?
A group of delinquents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarium View Post
Remember, the side story is post-Campione status (least if I'm recalling right). Campiones have a weird 'instinct' in fighting that puts them above norms.

Post-Campione, he managed to dodge -ERICA's- attacks.
No, it's pre-Campione. The side story is from his time in his baseball career where his friends got into trouble with a delinquents group in the tournament and he had to step in.

Spoiler for Side story 7:

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem