AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-05-20, 09:27   Link #321
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
By the way, NO ONE, not even Sharingan Sasuke, can stand against Sakura's fearsome Bitchslap taijutsu technique.
(back+B)
Well it depends on the player's she's up againest.
Old 2004-05-20, 09:32   Link #322
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Well each character's got his cheap move. They're all balanced.
Fun this game is, balanced it's not. A decent Orochimaru player can't be beat by say... Akamaru. Like most anime inspired fighting games they did a rather poor job of balancing the characters. Some are just obviously better than others.

The same problem applys in the PS2 Naruto game.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 09:36   Link #323
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slade
Fun this game is, balanced it's not. A decent Orochimaru player can't be beat by say... Akamaru. Like most anime inspired fighting games they did a rather poor job of balancing the characters. Some are just obviously better than others.

You really think Akamaru is a character? He's just an extra.
Old 2004-05-20, 10:25   Link #324
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Yay! Game finally came today, exactly 20 days after shipping. Trying to work out these menu's etc.. know of any guides?

And anything else i should know?
CaSe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 11:29   Link #325
FreakyEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaSe-
Yay! Game finally came today, exactly 20 days after shipping. Trying to work out these menu's etc.. know of any guides?

20 days? Great, I got it in 8 days (from Play-Asia) :P You ordered from lik-sang? You maybe should never order from there anymore if it takes 20 days (Oh well, it may also be that it is something which has nothing to do with the shop)

And for guides, http://www.gamefaqs.com will help you. Even in those menus.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 18:16   Link #326
Slade
Coordinated Insanity

Send a message via AIM to Slade
Quote:
You really think Akamaru is a character? He's just an extra.
Well it was just an extreme example... and yes, he technically is a character as he is a playable "character".

Well in a balanced game you can beat pick any character and know that the other player won't have an advatage by the character he chooses, only the skill levels players themselves matter in the end. It's insanely hard to have a balance like this in a fighting game. Maybe Soul Calibur 2, maybe Tekken 3 could be considered balanced... an anime inspired game usually has to worry about the characters being as strong as they are in the anime to worry about being balanced.

Orochimaru is way too strong compared to anyone as he has fast teleporting moves, strong multihit combos and the best special in the game. Zabuza on the other hand is slow, not very powerful with low combo ability. So you can clearly see how the characters are unbalanced -__-;;
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 21:28   Link #327
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Well it was just an extreme example... and yes, he technically is a character as he is a playable "character".

Well in a balanced game you can beat pick any character and know that the other player won't have an advatage by the character he chooses, only the skill levels players themselves matter in the end. It's insanely hard to have a balance like this in a fighting game. Maybe Soul Calibur 2, maybe Tekken 3 could be considered balanced... an anime inspired game usually has to worry about the characters being as strong as they are in the anime to worry about being balanced.

Orochimaru is way too strong compared to anyone as he has fast teleporting moves, strong multihit combos and the best special in the game. Zabuza on the other hand is slow, not very powerful with low combo ability. So you can clearly see how the characters are unbalanced -__-;;
I can beat Orichimaru easily with Sharingan Sasuke. My point is that any character will get strong when u master him/her. I mastered Sasuke, Kakashi, Sharingan Kakashi, Sharingan Sasuke, and Kiba. I almost never loose with them. Now i'm trying to master Naruto.
Old 2004-05-20, 21:36   Link #328
Kidd
SD Translator

Send a message via ICQ to Kidd Send a message via AIM to Kidd Send a message via MSN to Kidd Send a message via Yahoo to Kidd
Quote:

Actually methinks it's quite well balanced aside from a few characters, namely Sharingan no Sasuke (Up + A can be abused in many ways), Sharingan no Kakashi (his ability to disappear out of combo strings isn't really fair), Karasu (super armour), Akamaru (size) and Orochimaru (his special, I don't mind the rest though since he has such evil cooldown rates). Alright, so one of these characters who are obviously unbalanced is the by far most ridiculously costing character in the game, no surprise, the other one is the greatest villain, again no surprise.. then there's the two joke characters who more or less play as if they were from another game - once again no surprise. The only one that might be surprising he's unbalanced is Sharingan no Kakashi.

Btw, you also mentioned Zabuza being bad? Well yeah I can agree with this in multiplayer that goes above 2 players, but in 2 player mode he's just as good as everyone else.. those evil staggering aerial sword moves.. quick and very effective. Not to mention his aerial B attack that is -almost- as bad as Sharingan no Sasuke's Up+A, it just needs a little bit more skill to pull off..
Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-20, 22:33   Link #329
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

How is Sharingan no Kakashi unbalanced? know any good tips to use when playing with him?
Old 2004-05-21, 00:27   Link #330
FreakyEyes

I've heard very often that Zabuza's bad and very slow, I don't actually understand... His sword is dangerous, he's got super which has quite good range, is easy to hit and damages pretty much too. And he's not that slow... at all.
FreakyEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 04:37   Link #331
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Weeee!

Thoughts on the game: Top notch!

Combo's could be a little more complex etc, and the specials shouldnt be so easy to pull off. But then again, you have to time it right to get a special to work anyway.

Anyhow, my favourite characters are Haku, Neji and Kakashi. Gotta love Sennen Goroshi!
Old 2004-05-21, 05:01   Link #332
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyEyes
I've heard very often that Zabuza's bad and very slow, I don't actually understand... His sword is dangerous, he's got super which has quite good range, is easy to hit and damages pretty much too. And he's not that slow... at all.
In the PS2 verison he was low tier. I hope he's not like that in the GC verison,, I'm still waiting. Day 11. 9 to go
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 09:21   Link #333
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Nooo!

I came to save my game today, and it came up with some red japanese text :S

I could save the games fine yesterday and this morning

Bah.
Old 2004-05-21, 09:36   Link #334
ubdevoid

Quote:
How is Sharingan no Kakashi unbalanced? know any good tips to use when playing with him?
If its the GC one he can counter some super's and block the rest back and A i think. Chidori is pretty lethal too when you charge it up right the way.
ubdevoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 14:52   Link #335
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Wow came in today! Gonna play it tonight at my friends house! What luck!
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 15:24   Link #336
NL|MegaMika

Quote:

Check my sig for a full-color translation guide.
NL|MegaMika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-21, 20:48   Link #337
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubdevoid
If its the GC one he can counter some super's and block the rest back and A i think. Chidori is pretty lethal too when you charge it up right the way.
Yes its the GC one, i can counter some specials with Back A. But some specials cant be countered only blocked. Also chidori is too hard to make it hit.
Old 2004-05-22, 07:04   Link #338
CaSe-
胸のひねること

Quote:
Yes its the GC one, i can counter some specials with Back A. But some specials cant be countered only blocked. Also chidori is too hard to make it hit.

Ive noticed in my epic battles between me and my brother (me Kyuubi Naruto, him sharingan kakashi) he starts charging the chidori whilst im down and when i get up, pow... He unleashes it on me.

Ouch.

Although he's only beaten me a couple of times as sharingan kakashi, Kyuubi naruto owns him. :P
Old 2004-05-22, 10:05   Link #339
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Ive noticed in my epic battles between me and my brother (me Kyuubi Naruto, him sharingan kakashi) he starts charging the chidori whilst im down and when i get up, pow... He unleashes it on me.

Ouch.

Although he's only beaten me a couple of times as sharingan kakashi, Kyuubi naruto owns him. :P
Well Kyuubi naruto is a lot faster than Kakashi. Lets see how you'll stand againest Sharingan Sasuke
Old 2004-05-22, 10:17   Link #340
K9Platnum685
Dark Hadou Master

Send a message via AIM to K9Platnum685
So its within the rules to talk about the game here?

I swear the mods only leave the topics that interest them even if they break the rules.
K9Platnum685 is offline   Reply With Quote