AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-24, 22:01   Link #1
Thelastguardian

Yubisaki Milk Tea

ゆびさきミルクティ
Yubisaki Milk Tea

Anyone following this series? I am just wondering who here is reading this so-called "the ultimate evil" crossdressing series (Yes I am a hugh fan of this

The mangaka packed every well known and not so well known...stuff/taboo imaginable into this series -
Spoiler for crimes commited:

In other word, the main character is an absolute animal. If the thing moves on its own, it's his target .

I was actually surprise to see this series got licenced in the US - I thought the story is too out there...
Old 2006-11-25, 00:19   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Ah, yes... I've followed Yubisaki Milk Tea for a little while. I think it's a nice story People can call it "the ultimate evil" but I don't really have a problem with any of the themes presented. Most of the time I find it pretty easy to read past what might shock some. I think of it as quite sweet in some respects.

Having said that... in the last year I have been following quite a few manga that have what you might call "alternative" life-styles portrayed. Frankly Yuki's life is less "out-there" than some, despite the "crimes"
Old 2006-11-25, 02:06   Link #3
Veritas
The Last Visible Dog

I'm not put off by the bizarre relationships, but is that the only thing that passes for a story in this? Just the main characters weird near-sexual conquests?
Old 2006-11-27, 20:45   Link #4
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
The weird relationships is a way the author shows the pain of love.

A very beautiful manga indeed. Though...

TOO MUCH ECCHI SCENE!
Old 2006-11-30, 20:17   Link #5
gameoffreak8

The story is very nice. Indeed, the relationships is weird to me. I really don't mind about Yuki crossdresses.
Old 2006-12-02, 09:45   Link #6
Juhachi
Uguu~

*Raises hand*

I picked it up a while back and have read the first 2 volumes; waiting for #3 to be released. Some of the things presented kind of shocked me, like the incest uncle with Sumika, but other than that, nothing I can think of, though I haven't read it in months so I may be forgetting some things.
Old 2006-12-20, 10:17   Link #7
kemal_1915

I have read this one for a long time and i love this manga
This manga is talking about growth, love and relationship but in an extreme way
it follows the main character yoshinori's step of growing up, how he thinks about how to define a man, use crossdressing think about how to define a woman, and use the people around to learn about what should he do in the relationships, etc.
He (and most of the characters in the story) tries to do this even it may little beyond the norm of society. So, it makes this story become somehow "evil".
Old 2006-12-20, 17:24   Link #8
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhachi View Post
...waiting for #3 to be released.
I think it has been out for a little while (Publish date says November, though the TP site says December...). Well, it is out now at least, I know because I'm sitting here looking at it I was planning to read it over the holiday, ready for when volume 4 is released, but I've just discovered that won't be until April T_T~
Old 2006-12-20, 19:08   Link #9
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I read a few chapters and I found it quite good
Old 2006-12-21, 17:07   Link #10
LionsMane
Courageous Guardian

Send a message via AIM to LionsMane
This actually on my list of manga I want to read. I'm glad to hear such positive things about it because I wasn't sure if it'd be all that good when I first heard about it.
Old 2006-12-21, 23:28   Link #11
kemal_1915

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsMane View Post
This actually on my list of manga I want to read. I'm glad to hear such positive things about it because I wasn't sure if it'd be all that good when I first heard about it.
Yes, your worries are understandable
in chinese ACG society(HK, Taiwan, Mainland), this manga is very famous but famous for ecchi scene only. Not much people pay attention to the underlying meaning of this manga.

Two major themes of this manga are relation and crossdressing. Refer to relation, I wrote something about in my previous post.

Spoiler for crossdressing:
Old 2006-12-26, 23:49   Link #12
Finalpro
Anime Addict

Send a message via AIM to Finalpro Send a message via Yahoo to Finalpro
The story is pretty neat and interesting with its cross dressing and relationships, thus the reason why I had to buy volume 3 of the series. Sadly now I hafta wait for volume 4.
Old 2007-05-17, 18:43   Link #13
Seiryuu

I got started on this a little while ago myself. It's really too bad there's such a big gap between the releases. I really want to know how some of the relationships turn out, like whether Hidari will ever be able to pursue a normal love with Nori, or whether Nori will somehow find a way to get his dark side under control, or at least placate it. It's sort of sad in a way, watching the interaction between these two. Whenever one of them is together enough to try to seriously move forward, the other is in such a high-strung state that the first winds up jumping back instead.
Old 2007-06-30, 00:12   Link #14
LCeh

Ahh... I read this manga a few months back, and I think I will have to revisit it again some time soon, and after I do that, I will post more comments, since right now my memory is kinda fuzzy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish View Post
Having said that... in the last year I have been following quite a few manga that have what you might call "alternative" life-styles portrayed. Frankly Yuki's life is less "out-there" than some, despite the "crimes"
Interesting. I really want to know which series you are referring to. I would say KissXSis is quite similar in terms of "evilness", but it doesn't have as much taboo.

Oh, and I am not sure what happened to this series, but there hasn't been a new release for quite some time now. I hope it doesn't just die in the middle like Hunter X Hunter did.

Last edited by LCeh; 2007-06-30 at 00:31.
Old 2007-06-30, 21:46   Link #15
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

I rather enjoy it myself. Just waiting for book 5 to come out. Has anyone heard anything about this being made into series?
Old 2007-06-30, 21:52   Link #16
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

I was about to give this a try but Idk, now. sounds like it might end up trashy in the end like paradise kiss. that angers me, *puff* *puff*
Old 2008-03-08, 18:37   Link #17
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Absolutely LOVE this manga. The mangaka does a fantastic job of exploring a number of different emotions. Though some of these emotions portrayed in the dialogue and the characters may seem a bit over the top in the realm of reality, I think in order to really appreciate this manga you need to take a step back. To really portray the rawness of these emotions the mangaka takes it bit further than one normally would, but there is never a time where it doesn't seem perfectly in place in the realm of the manga itself.

I am really really pulling for Minamo and if I understand the mangaka's message I think it is likely to happen. The way I look at it is...

Spoiler for Some spoilers:
Old 2008-03-08, 19:47   Link #18
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Really love this manga as well. I always end up wanting the next volume after finishing a volume of this manga.
The only problem is that the JP volumes have stopped coming out (but it's not done), and that means that when the English versions catch up, no new volumes will come out for a while...

Kind of funny that in the JP version of volume 6 there was a censored word, but in the English version, they translated it without any censoring...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-08, 22:45   Link #19
nadare

Send a message via MSN to nadare
So.... Can anybody spoil me who he ends up with ?
Old 2008-03-09, 00:06   Link #20
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadare View Post
So.... Can anybody spoil me who he ends up with ?
It hasn't ended yet, so it is not known yet.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread