AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-24, 14:03   Link #121
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishi View Post
I thought the Kyon-ko thing would have died out by now, lol. I never really understood the appeal behind genderbending.
Seconded.

I also can't understand Miku. She sings and doesn't afraid of anything, so why does she have such a fandom.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:03   Link #122
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Minhtam, I know you're eternally busy but do take time to ascertain why we even consider Kyonko to have a chance of being accepted as a valid nomination. The one appearance she makes isn't even certain if it's her, but we're going to try anyway to test our luck with the officials' interpretation of that screenshot. You are free to choose however you want, why agonise over it?

If you really must agonise on ISML elligibility, start thinking of your stance towards Hatsune Miku. Unlike Kyonko, we have confirmation that she's accepted in both J and K Saimoe, despite being a cameo appearance for 2 seconds in ZSZS. It's up to you if you want to impose a "needs significant screentime" rule or not for your ISML.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-24, 14:12   Link #123
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psieye View Post
In my view, it represents the RAGE of the fandom at the sheer lack of new material released in both the anime and the novel. No Vol 10 for over a year now, no S2 despite so much advertising. The fandom must gnaw on SOMETHING to stay sane and keep teeth sharp for when the real deal finally comes.
I actually rage at the Viral Marketing for S2, I speak from a Haruhiist's POV, and the amount of information they leak out is minimalistic.

However, that's the way viral marketing works. We have a lot more on Haruhi now though, thanks to Newtype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
She's moe. That's all that matters for this competition right?
The point about the Genderbending of Haruhi Suzumiya is that Kyon~ko has reached a very high level of popularity in Japan with many people who frequent 2ch there.

And not to mention the Doujin engine, THAT is true power, 'cause this itself is a fan-project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
As far as I'm concerned, the only way Kyonko will "get in" ISML is if she makes top 8 in this tournament. If she doesn't, then the revolution will have to convince me very good if they want to nominate her for ISML. (And I don't accept unidentified characters).
Psieye just said what I was going to.

Essentially, minhtam, we have to see what the organizers make of it. I'm inclined to think they will think it IS Kyonko, however. All we need to do is await the result of Psieye's nomination.

And it's still a long way to the final 8...
Old 2008-06-24, 14:13   Link #124
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Minhtam, I know you're eternally busy but do take time to ascertain why we even consider Kyonko to have a chance of being accepted as a valid nomination. The one appearance she makes isn't even certain if it's her, but we're going to try anyway to test our luck with the officials' interpretation of that screenshot. You are free to choose however you want, why agonise over it?

If you really must agonise on ISML elligibility, start thinking of your stance towards Hatsune Miku. Unlike Kyonko, we have confirmation that she's accepted in both J and K Saimoe, despite being a cameo appearance for 2 seconds in ZSZS. It's up to you if you want to impose a "needs significant screentime" rule or not for your ISML.
I don't go with "significant screentime", as long as the character is validated as Kyonko or Hatsune Miku or what not and is not just some lookalike cameo appearance. Then again, I did knock out a lot of Tokyo Mew Mew "girls" since I could only confirm that Ichigo existed.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:18   Link #125
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Also, I'm taking a NICE, LONG look at RmX's screenshot.

All I can read is "baka" and "no" in Katakana. Anyone know what was being said at the scene.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:24   Link #126
Psieye
Lore Hunter

At the scene? The guy (voiced by Kyon's VA) was talking of having a Ponytail fetish. That's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam
Then again, I did knock out a lot of Tokyo Mew Mew "girls" since I could only confirm that Ichigo existed.
Question: how did you investigate the existence of those girls?

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-06-24, 14:44   Link #127
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
At the scene? The guy (voiced by Kyon's VA) was talking of having a Ponytail fetish. That's all.

Question: how did you investigate the existence of those girls?
Sadly, I was using Wikipedia as a rush option at the time. But if I can recall correctly, there were names such as "Cookie" and other names that did not match up with that list. And there were no Mint, Lettuce, or Pudding nominations to boot. Despite this, I was able to conclude that it was a Tokyo Mew Mew multi-voter (this was very early on), so I gave Ichigo 5 for that whole pseudo list. After looking at it, I thought to myself that they were probably nicknames for Ichigo that could have tricked me later on.
Old 2008-06-24, 14:52   Link #128
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Sadly, I was using Wikipedia as a rush option at the time. But if I can recall correctly, there were names such as "Cookie" and other names that did not match up with that list. And there were no Mint, Lettuce, or Pudding nominations to boot. Despite this, I was able to conclude that it was a Tokyo Mew Mew multi-voter (this was very early on), so I gave Ichigo 5 for that whole pseudo list. After looking at it, I thought to myself that they were probably nicknames for Ichigo that could have tricked me later on.
Ummu, very well. Incidentally I'd recommend cross-checking with ANN's encyclopedia but it does sound like you had a spam list for one of the nominations.

Old 2008-06-24, 14:54   Link #129
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Ummu, very well. Incidentally I'd recommend cross-checking with ANN's encyclopedia but it does sound like you had a spam list for one of the nominations.
I'll keep that in mind for next year. Thanks.
Old 2008-06-24, 15:12   Link #130
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Posted:
Spoiler:
Psieye's no longer alone in nominating Kyonko. Then again, my position obliges me to do so anyway.

Old 2008-06-24, 16:26   Link #131
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Should have done a Kyonko rush for greater lulz.
http://ex24.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/an...1214142946/582

Quote:
  /.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.∧:.:ィi.:,、.:.ヽ       /
 /イ.:.:.:.:i|:/__,V'、|l_j:.:.:.l     l 
  lr:l:.:.l -ー   -、 レヘ!     l  
  l l:.|    |  |:l       |  [[AS25-2oPkuUaP-DY]]
  `ーi;|    '  ,N    ー='  <<キョン子@俗・さよなら絶望先生>>
    | `ー  ̄ , '        |  ttp://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=zokusensei1213jd1.jpg
  ,,rへ、_ ` 〔´__           l  
/l :ヽ、 ゙7'r'Yヽ、゙ー、      ヽ
: : |: : : ヽ/、;:;;;}イ: :ヽ: \       `ー
.: :.>': : ヽ/::::| .l: :<: : ヽ
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
if someone is still interested i'll be making campaign sigs as soon as i can find some free time... i can probably make some by the time preliminaries roll in...
Yes, please, your previous sigs were quite nice. If you make more, versions without the "Vote" and the Saimoe logo (but still the name) would be appreciated.
Old 2008-06-24, 18:20   Link #132
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

I couldn't vote.
I think 2ch banned ips from my country.
The same happens in 4chan.

Can't say I'm angry with them. Brazilians usually are annoying on the internet.
Old 2008-06-24, 19:52   Link #133
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimura sensei View Post
I couldn't vote.
I think 2ch banned ips from my country.
The same happens in 4chan.

Can't say I'm angry with them. Brazilians usually are annoying on the internet.
Ever since last year, they have pretty much banned most ip's that is outside of Japan, although some did try to sneak in with proxy's and whatnot.
Old 2008-06-24, 20:21   Link #134
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Do we have an update on Kyonko's status? When will the results be out?
Old 2008-06-24, 21:19   Link #135
Eater of All
NOM

Looks like the people from the Seitenkan thread came to see if Kyonko would make it.

It's probably likely that they'll accept her, as she is the BIG HIT right now. But if thought logically, that picture has a 70% chance of being Haruhi. I would personally deny her entry if I don't have any bias.
But I do

Oh well, let's pray.
Old 2008-06-25, 02:26   Link #136
ando

This is a list of anime series which is used for tomorrow's nomination. If there are any mistranslations or typos, please let me know.
Spoiler for "タ" and "ナ" column:
Old 2008-06-25, 02:29   Link #137
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
ティーンエイジ・ミュータント・ニンジャ・タートルズ(Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles)

Ummm, What?
Old 2008-06-25, 02:44   Link #138
Forceflow
Kyonko is not amused~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Forceflow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Ummm, What?
Be thankful they didn't animate Kiss Players.
Old 2008-06-25, 06:44   Link #139
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Remember, Haruhi can be nominated for her commercial in Lucky Star (eps. 20 I think)
sorry if the question has already been answered, but can anyone provide any confirmation for whether this is allowed or not?

禁則事項です
Old 2008-06-25, 06:57   Link #140
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Well, if Miku was accepted (I think I heard confirmation earlier this thread) then Haruhi should be. Most girls would have been nominated by now - why not try and see whether she gets accepted? You won't get penalised for an unqualified nomination.

Closed Thread

Tags
j-moe, j-saimoe, saimoe