AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-16, 00:29   Link #41
Tenzen12

Nah simple fall could do that just fine. We are talking about
more or less combined weight of knife and arm moving pretty fast vertically with head going right into it after rebounding from floor. All things considered force behind it would be no different then actual intentional stab.
Old 2021-04-16, 01:19   Link #42
Strahan

If he fell forward, I'd totally agree with you but he fell on his back. The force of the fall would have little to no impact on the knife in relation to it stabbing entirely though his neck.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 01:35   Link #43
Tenzen12

Hmm, actually you are not wrong. Force is definitely enough to get him killed but it indeed shouldn't go that cleanly through. If you argue only about that, you got me.
Old 2021-04-16, 16:49   Link #44
Strahan

Of course, not that any of it matters. Plot gotta plot after all
Old 2021-04-16, 18:05   Link #45
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Of course, not that any of it matters. Plot gotta plot after all
The thing is that all they had to do was show him being tackled from the back and landing face forward and it would all make sense. All I can think of is that that would make it too much of the protags "fault" so they went with the impossible accident shown.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-16, 23:31   Link #46
Tenzen12

Again it's far from impossible. That knife might not penetrate enough to come out inch out of other side, but Martin would have to be lucky not dying after such tackle.
Old 2021-04-17, 21:18   Link #47
HandofFate

haven't laughed at an isekai/or online game anime as much as episode 1 so far.

like the MC playing the game, it starts off with all the standard stuff, and delivers the different stuff straight that cracks me up.

Him checking to see if he isekai'd by mistake, and him actually getting hurt with the punchline of he got hurt got me better than i expected
Old 2021-04-20, 22:49   Link #48
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Again it's far from impossible. That knife might not penetrate enough to come out inch out of other side, but Martin would have to be lucky not dying after such tackle.
Yea, maybe not impossible. But highly, highly improbable.
Old 2021-04-21, 10:05   Link #49
Frontier

So, yeah, Ginji totally sold him out for some money, although it seems like he knows that the only way to beat the murder charge in this world is somehow survive the torturous interrogation without confessing. So I guess he thought he was still helping Hiro, even if he was also screwing him over. Still kind of a scumbag though .

Well, yeah, Ginji killed both his best friend and childhood friend, it's not wonder he knows how to keep somebody in a chokehold. He's also apparently been imprisoned for his own killing for years, and if Hiro is any indication, was he not able to log out at all? Or was the "event" that he couldn't log out of only the interrogation and not being imprisoned ?

This game is just too realistic. Hiro gets stoned (as well as the guard too, but he brought it on himself), gets stuck in jail and can't log out, has to deal with being hungry, and has to pee in a jail latrine. About the only unrealistic thing is how quickly the guards showed up to arrest him, so the game is only unrealistic when it comes to screwing him over .

I wonder how many of those people who claimed to be heroes in that town were players who no one took seriously and never got to actually do anything ?

Turns out the reason Ginji was talking like his best friend and childhood friend were there was because apparently their ghosts haunt you if you murder them, forcing you to try and remember a promise made that you could never possibly remember from having not actually lived in the game. Poor Hiro now has ghost Martin torturing him with the visage of his ghost with the knife stuck in him and spitting blood at him .

So apparently Reona did enough of a job on Alicia's eye that now she has an eyepatch, which just makes her look more intimidating. To be honest, I was expecting her to come in and break Hiro out because she'd rather kill him herself than let him deal with being imprisoned within the legal system .

Hiro thinks he's met a pleasant loli girl who wants to sleep with him in Mizarisa, but thinking with his dick once again screws him over in this game as it turns out she's the skimpy and sadistic interrogator who tortures criminals into confessing (and if they somehow survive, blaming it on a demon). It seems like Mizarisa is one of the Main Heroines though, so I'm curious how she'll end up stuck with Hiro, beyond the fact that she really enjoyed watching him pee himself under torture .

Reona's such a great helper. She'll forget about you to enjoy a good classic movie and then only give you a motivational speech to survive tortrue because she really can't do much else. Sure was worth getting this game from her, right Hiro ?

So...how exactly did Hiro get off? Did his being the hero in this game somehow kick in suddenly? Did the game find his peeing himself so pathetic it had to throw him a bone? Did Alicia confess it was an accident so they'd release Hiro so she can kill him? Just not sure what happened there .

I wonder what it must be like for the NPC's when a player logs out and just magically vanishes from the game .

So, yeah, obviously at the first opportunity Hiro jumps at the chance to log out and get out of this terrible game, but the plot requires him to keep doing it so I'm eager to see how they'll get him to stick with it after how horrible his experience so far has been .
Old 2021-04-21, 11:28   Link #50
Tenzen12

I don't think it's that bad game. I think it would be more popular in RL then it is in show. Sure, torture is going bit overboard, but it's clearly optional and people have their kinks...
Old 2021-04-21, 18:26   Link #51
Wandering Soul

Well, it was only a matter of time until he logged off and quit. Barely anyone else would have stuck to it as long as he did. Though we all know he is going to come back so I wonder what will get him to return.
Old 2021-04-21, 18:42   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

At this point the only incentives I can think of that would get him to come back is getting paid to play or getting sexual favors from Reona. It's just been that bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, yeah, Ginji killed both his best friend and childhood friend, it's not wonder he knows how to keep somebody in a chokehold. He's also apparently been imprisoned for his own killing for years, and if Hiro is any indication, was he not able to log out at all? Or was the "event" that he couldn't log out of only the interrogation and not being imprisoned ?
The thought occurred to me that perhaps the reason he's still playing the game and can't log out is that he's still in the prison event (since he's only out on parole) but the game reflects your real life appearance and he wouldn't look like that if he had been in a coma for 10 years. Not to mention the game would have been outright banned instead of simply being considered a shitty game.
Old 2021-04-21, 20:33   Link #53
grecefar

I'm now wondering how is that game was released after this, if you can't log out in the middle of an event without knowing how long will it take could be dangerous for the real life person and if the pain sense if that realistic and with all these events in can make quite the shock to the person mentaly, just like we saw with hiro it was too much and more with his issues with bullying.

like kanon said that is one of the only ways for him to come back to the game, but I'm sure it will be leona apologizing and promising a fun time and stick with him full for now on.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 08:14   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
I'm now wondering how is that game was released after this, if you can't log out in the middle of an event without knowing how long will it take could be dangerous for the real life person and if the pain sense if that realistic and with all these events in can make quite the shock to the person mentaly, just like we saw with hiro it was too much and more with his issues with bullying.
The pain is reduced. Reona said in episode two even getting a limb cut off would be like falling down the stairs at best.

And I don't think an apology will be enough. Reona needs to explain why exactly she wants him to play so badly and this has to be a reason that motivates him.
Old 2021-04-22, 08:52   Link #55
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The pain is reduced. Reona said in episode two even getting a limb cut off would be like falling down the stairs at best.
Falling down stairs is still pretty painful, plus there's the psychological trauma of getting a limb cut off.

What makes it worse is the way the game deceived him into the torture without giving him proper warning.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2021-04-22 at 09:09.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 08:56   Link #56
Tenzen12

It literaly required his consent before torture. It's less being deceitful and more Hiro being too delusional. As I said before this game looks like it would be quite popular in real life imho.
Old 2021-04-22, 09:16   Link #57
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

The game should have told him he was about to get tortured instead of deceiving him into thinking he was about to get laid. It's no different from phishing emails.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-22, 09:25   Link #58
Tenzen12

Why would anyone expect that he would get laid in that situation? Hiro was just delusional and that's not game fault. It it was you would you say "yes" in that situation?
Old 2021-04-22, 09:45   Link #59
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Why would anyone expect that he would get laid in that situation? Hiro was just delusional and that's not game fault. It it was you would you say "yes" in that situation?
I won't deny that he was thinking with his dick but it wasn't exactly explicit what "adult time" was going to be even if there were clues .
Old 2021-04-22, 10:13   Link #60
Tenzen12

Actually "Adult time" is only something Reona told him to get Hiro play and even if it wasn't false advertisement it doesn't means this particual situation will lead to it. Words used here was simply "intense stimulation" instead. I would assume this warning is used for every, well... intense stimulation.

Tags
harem