AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-28, 17:30   Link #61
Best_name_ever

About the Vergo and Smoker fight, I looked over the chapter again and I believe that Smoker's purpose might have been to recover Law's heart because:

- Smoker needs Law's help in order to recover his own heart (Smoker's heart that is)
- Also when a story progresses, it seems harder to drop the guard (defense) of a strong opponent (although Vergo is definitely not the most powerful character) so in a sense Smoker had to take a hit from Vergo in order to recover Law's heart. Actually if you look back at the last pages of chapter 690, Vergo was surprised when Smoker snatched Law's heart without his awareness.
- Thirdly, it seems as I stated before that plotwise, Law had a score to settle with Vergo due to their past. In other words, it was Law's turn to shine
- Fourthly, as a person who keeps his promises and hates being in debt to pirates, return the favor to Law
Old 2012-11-28, 17:37   Link #62
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by janipani View Post
And I read:
Uh, also notice that I said in that same post of mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
For all we know, he could have taken care of him as quickly as Law did if he weren't holding back....

You're acting like I said Smoker's victory was guaranteed or something. I guess "holding back" may not have been the best way for me to phrase it, but even then I still wasn't arguing strength (as ZGoten pointed out, notice I said could have, not would have). If Vergo was the superior fighter all along, cool. My main point was that Smoker had to be careful about how he fought him since fighting recklessly would risk damaging Law's heart. I honestly don't know how much further I can stress that.....
Old 2012-11-28, 17:48   Link #63
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Doflamingo is not amused.
Old 2012-11-28, 18:40   Link #64
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

I definitely think this will be a constant allegiance between Law & Luffy.

Its about time The Don aka Joker had that fufufu silenced.
Old 2012-11-28, 18:45   Link #65
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think it's so much Smoker losing on purpose, but him turning into smoke, and thus putting himself in more danger due to making a bigger target out of himself, was to cover up the fact that he was trying to yoink Law's heart, due to his pride issue of being indebted to a pirate.

Whether he could've beaten Vergo on his own were it not for that... It's hard to say. It's possible, that even without it, in true rock-paper-scissors fashion, Vergo with his obscene haki was merely the wrong opponent for him.
Old 2012-11-28, 18:52   Link #66
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 690
That was not a bad chapter at all. Seeing Law slice Vergo was really a surprise. Seeing how bad he did in the other fights. Poor Smoker throwing the fight just because he hate being in debt to someone. I guess it is the war not the battle that needs to be looked at. Smoker still has to get his heart back too. Second with Law putting a Room on the entire Island I don't see how the straw hats and the Marines are in trouble anymore. Law can just teleport out of the area by making the room larger then the Island. Since Law was planning ahead he may have a ship outside the island ready for escape. I wonder how Vergo is going to fight with Law now that his haki is not strong enough to resist his shambles. For Vergo speed is now name of the game. I wonder if Daflamingo was going to show up. That is the first time I have seen a displeased face on him. I wonder if the WG would allow to Shichibukai to fight each other? That would be interesting.

Haki
So even people with non devil fruits can change the color of there skin and weapons by using haki. I wonder what kind of haki abilities we are going to see with Shanks? Looking at what Luffy, Vergo, Law, Smoker, and Zoro can do this should be interesting to see what a veteran like Shanks can do.

Smoker
I wonder if he can make a huge version of himself? Vergo stated if he turns into smoke he creates a bigger body volume. We know he can solidify is smoke enough to grab people. That would be cool creating a giant size of himself.
Old 2012-11-28, 20:24   Link #67
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Doflamingo's scheme may have suffered a major setback, but one can't help but wonder if he's got a contingency/back-up plan in this type of case. Either way, he's surely going to put Luffy and Law through hell when the time comes. With his puppetry techniques, he may even force an ally to turn on them (or even have them fight each other).
Old 2012-11-28, 20:48   Link #68
kiki san

Finally! a redemption for Law! CC using DD's name to scare off luffy, shame on him.
Old 2012-11-28, 20:50   Link #69
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Will Law be giving up his Shichibukai status after this arc?
Old 2012-11-28, 21:05   Link #70
Rainbowman

So, who's heart was retrieved? Also, it was cool what Law did. If what Aohige said was true, then Cake Island would have to be the next arc to explore.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:27   Link #71
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Size of the Room matters?
This whole back and forth with law's power is not adding up. His performance was not matching what he is doing now. Smoker was able to deflect law's power in the beginning. If Vergo's haki was on par or stronger then Smoker's haki then he should have had no problems. The only difference between the room Law used on Smoker and Vergo was the size of the Room. The Room Vergo was in consumed the whole mountain. The Room Smoker was in the first fight with law only consumed small part of the mountain and it was confined. Either Law was holding back or the size of the Room really does determine how strong his attacks are.
Old 2012-11-28, 21:38   Link #72
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Who will the alliance face first: BM or Doffy?
Old 2012-11-28, 21:57   Link #73
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Will Law be giving up his Shichibukai status after this arc?

Uh.... why would he give up his warlord status in the very same storyline where he was introduced as one? That makes little sense, if you ask me. I mean, at least even Blackbeard had a few arcs before giving up HIS status. If anything, it's most likely going to be Doflamingo who's going to be toppled from his warlord position....
Old 2012-11-28, 23:45   Link #74
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Doflamingo will soon being drowned in the incoming waves of new age like he always said in the past

uh, bet he won't be very happy about that
Old 2012-11-29, 00:16   Link #75
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Uh.... why would he give up his warlord status in the very same storyline where he was introduced as one? That makes little sense, if you ask me. I mean, at least even Blackbeard had a few arcs before giving up HIS status. If anything, it's most likely going to be Doflamingo who's going to be toppled from his warlord position....
Well he only got it to get into the SAD production facility.
Old 2012-11-29, 00:35   Link #76
bonsobon

I'm wondering if the underlings Doflamingo sent will be strong enough to deal with the current situation considering what just happened to Vergo. After all you don't become the right hand of a Shichibukai by being weak.
Old 2012-11-29, 00:50   Link #77
marvelB

^I mentioned this before, but even if he was sliced in half, that doesn't mean Vergo's done for yet. We know it's possible to reconnect limbs without Law's help since roughly half the arc so far focused on piecing Kinemon back together. In fact, I'm pretty confident that the most sure-fire way for Law to win now is if he takes the dude's heart before he has a chance to reconnect himself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Well he only got it to get into the SAD production facility.

Has.... this been confirmed? Because to my recollection Law never divulged his reasons for becoming a shichibukai. And frankly, I doubt it would even matter if he were a warlord or not in this case since PH is an island that even prohibits government personnel from entering (so just about ANYONE could sneak in there as long as they weren't caught). Using the Blackbeard example again, just compare PH to Impel Down, which the warlords actually WERE allowed to visit, albeit under extremely strict conditions (forced to wear seastone cuffs, having boiling hot water poured on them, etc.). That being said, I still see no reason for Law to abandon his position anytime soon.
Old 2012-11-29, 02:43   Link #78
AdventSleeper

Great ending. Law has redeemed himself!

I wonder if Luffy and Law will encounter the other 3 supernovas soon, seeing as how they were included in the panels.
Old 2012-11-29, 02:53   Link #79
mareiyo

Smoker vs Vergo... Vergo was stronger.

Haki>Logia
Haki<Paramecia
Paramecia<Logia
Paramecia+Haki>Logia+Haki

The advantage of being a Logia is the fluid body, but Haki makes that useless.

Even if Smoker was fighting seriously, he would've been beaten because his DF was useless.
Old 2012-11-29, 04:28   Link #80
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Haki is just as effective against paramecia users as it is against logia users though as far as defenses go.

Remember, Luffy's immunity to blunt attacks can be circumvented with haki.
Closed Thread