AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-10, 20:06   Link #1061
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivify93 View Post
While I'm quietly venturing out of my hiding place at the Genderbending thread, I may as well ask: what's this "Greed's Accident" song a part of? Is it part of an album or something?
It's from the Wii rhythm game, Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou.
Old 2009-12-11, 00:42   Link #1062
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
There's probably a possibility that Kunikuda will have one song... at least... and a possibility that he'll be another side character with no character album just like Ayano
Old 2009-12-11, 19:01   Link #1063
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
I have been neglectful and almost allowed something to slip by me. On the same day that Nagato Yuki will have the theme song for Vanishment, there will be ANOTHER CD released by........

ENOZ featuring Suzumiya Haurhi!

So far the only details released are the date, title of "TV Anime Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu ENOZ Mini Album," price of 2700 yen and that Hirano Aya shall be singing the songs on the track. The only place selling it appears to be Chara-ani, and I shall update links with CD Japan and Amazon as they become available for those who shall want to purchase this album.
Anything that has Hirano's voice, I'll get it
Old 2009-12-12, 13:37   Link #1064
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Spoiler for Homo Sapiens Rhapsody Romaji:
Old 2009-12-14, 02:50   Link #1065
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

So, question.

I've been listening to the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou album quite a lot lately, and some of the leitmotifs felt awfully familiar to me, and not just because I remember them from the BGM of the series or anything. Then tonight, I was listening to the Super Mario World OST and the same leitmotifs appeared (were heard?) - specifically, the theme that plays at the beginning of the episode 01 when Kyon is parking his bike and walking up the hill to skill is very similar to ..crap, I'm forgetting the specific Super Mario World song, but it was in at least two, and one was Cloud World? Overworld? something like that.

Is this a common musical phrase, or were the composers for the Haruhi BGM specifically referencing the Mario BGM? (Or are both Haruhi and Super Mario referencing another piece of music?)
Old 2009-12-14, 12:16   Link #1066
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
It's probably a coincidence. If you could remember which SMW tune it was, we'd probably be able to check.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-12-14, 15:06   Link #1067
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

If you're talking about Itsumo no Fuukei, that doesn't remind me of a Super Mario theme at all...

The Gensou version of Comical Hustle does sound a hell of a lot like the Mario main theme, though.
Old 2009-12-14, 15:21   Link #1068
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

There is one song I know for a fact they both share: The tune that Haruhi "hums" in the second episode of Sigh is the same song as the invincibility theme from the original Super Mario Land.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-12-14, 15:28   Link #1069
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
There is one song I know for a fact they both share: The tune that Haruhi "hums" in the second episode of Sigh is the same song as the invincibility theme from the original Super Mario Land.
Why... why is it the Can-Can music?
Old 2009-12-14, 15:35   Link #1070
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

I have no idea why Nintendo did that, but that would be it.
Old 2009-12-14, 15:52   Link #1071
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

It doesn't help that I was listening to the Mario World OST on streaming radio and didn't write down the particular titles.

Anyway, if Comic Hustle is the one that plays during the trek to school in episode 01 (you know, when the colors are muted and everything, before Kyon meets Haruhi), then it might be as Kaisos said.

Things are further confused because the OST songs played last night were jazzy arrangements of the Mario BGM, though you could clearly hear the echoes of the BGM - the same way that the Gensou arrangements are more complex, but with the same basic parts of the Haruhi BGM.

... also, I just remembered that YouTube exists. In "Mario! Stay Alert!", the particular piece I'm talking about starts about 12 seconds in and is slowed down quite a lot with a lower pitch, but it's the same pattern. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNMaiu6B-Y8) You also get it at the beginning of the main theme, somewhat faster and higher in pitch, but not as fast or, well, perky as the Haruhi one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7A22pui-U).

I'll accept being wrong on this, but the Haruhi parts were nagging me for so long, and then to hear the Mario World stuff last night, I was like "...that's not a coincidence, is it?"

(Also, the jazzy arrangements of the Mario World songs are pretty awesome on their own.)
Old 2009-12-14, 16:07   Link #1072
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
Anyway, if Comic Hustle is the one that plays during the trek to school in episode 01 (you know, when the colors are muted and everything, before Kyon meets Haruhi), then it might be as Kaisos said.
The one you're talking about is called "Itsumo no Fuukei" and it sounds almost nothing like either of the themes you posted.

Maybe I just have hearing problems, but I just can't hear any connection... and this is Comical Hustle. It's a bit more similar, especially in the Gensou version.
Old 2009-12-14, 16:51   Link #1073
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The one you're talking about is called "Itsumo no Fuukei" and it sounds almost nothing like either of the themes you posted.

Maybe I just have hearing problems, but I just can't hear any connection... and this is Comical Hustle. It's a bit more similar, especially in the Gensou version.

Ah, you're right. No idea why I associate the Comic Hustle with the walk to school bit.
Old 2009-12-14, 18:48   Link #1074
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

I recently listened to the lastest three.
Much to much surprise (okay, not really), Taniguchi's album was the best out of the three in my opinion. It just made my day when I finished listening to both of his songs.
Strange though that he gets an album where he barely appeared in the "so-called" second season.
Old 2009-12-14, 19:12   Link #1075
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

He appeared in the new eps more often than Kimidori did in the old ones.
Old 2009-12-14, 19:23   Link #1076
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
He appeared in the new eps more often than Kimidori did in the old ones.
Emiri's special, It's okay if she gets them
Old 2009-12-16, 11:35   Link #1077
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Sales are in for the final three character singles. Here is the first week sales for all of the new singles with the final three bolded:

Nagato 6,320 13th overall for that week
Koizumi 5,612 24th overall for that week
Kyon 5,593 15th overall for the week
Haruhi 5,071 16th overall for that week
Mikuru 4,120 21st overall for that week
Taniguchi 2,465 32nd overall for the week
Tsuruya 2,459 33rd overall for the week

With how popular Nagato is in Japan lately, I'm not too surprised her single outsold everyone else's, but I am surprised at how poorly Tsuruya-san's and Taniguchi's sold.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:19   Link #1078
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

I like Yuki, but I don't know why everyone likes her so much...
Also, WHY DID TSURUYA'S GET SO LOW?
I thought the songs this season were better than the other one, but I'm not surprised they didn't get as high.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:36   Link #1079
User89254
Disabled By Request

Yuki's awesome. Not only does she have the most potential for development (says Tanigawa himself), Disappearance really has one sorry for her. Plus she's voiced by Minorin! What's not to love?

And last season's songs are definitely superior. This season...whoever composed the songs was just not very good at it. (Especially "under Mebius". Minori and falsetto don't mix. She needs oomph.)

Kyon's second song is starting to scare me. I haven't seen the full translation, but the lyrics seem like they're very Haruhi referential. And not just Haruhi referential. Emotional Haruhi referential.

I know HaruKyon is inevitable (doesn't mean I like it) and Amy's getting her tsundere love confession, but...in a character song?

No. Just no.
Old 2009-12-16, 18:53   Link #1080
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Don't forget the Minorin fanboys. She is an established seiyuu singer on her own and well a fair amount with only her name attached. But then Mizuki Nana's FMA character single only sold 1.5k, I don't think the seiyuu really got that much to do with the sales. Out of the whole Haruhi cast, Minorin is the best singer. Hirano Aya's current singing style is love or hate. While Minorin's voice works with almost everyone. If I bought a single, I would have bought Nagato's one for sure, since I don't like Hirano Aya's current singing voice (her voice for Boken Desho Desho, God Knows and Lost my Music is fine).

Tsuruya being so low is quite surprising, she is resonably popular. With Haruhi's character singles selling so...erm...averagely, it makes me wonder why are Hetalia character singles selling so well (best selling single sold 31k, while the others sold about 24k-12k).

Kyon and Koizumi sold well, does this mean the fujoshis are the ones who are buying them? Taniguchi isn't paired up much, so I guess fujoshis didn't buy his single. Fusjoshis tend to stay with the couples they like for a longer time then otakus with their 2D 'girlfriend' .