AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-15, 17:16   Link #81
Nagumo
Random Translator

I honestly don't give a damn about relationhips. MSN to me is about explosions, AWESOME, hissatsu waza (secret moves) and shouting friendship, justice and ZENRYOKU ZENKAI (FULL POWER).

All the relationship talk was actually driving me crazy as I shifted through some of the board posts to constantly listen to rants about the Legion and 300... To the point I put off translating tracks because I felt that it might end up putting more fuel into the fire.

Now that I've learned the mods are shutting people up about it I'm going back to translating the tracks.

The only bare preference I have for relationships is Hayate/Signum which really comes out from left field.

I mean, at least it seems like Viita has a one sided thing for Hayate.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:23   Link #82
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Whose locusts/zergs now? <_<

Just because I'm a rabid fangirl for anything shojo-ai doesn't meant I'd blanatly pair up two people that has no canonical reason to be together. I'm not a crack pairing kind of person...

But that's besides the point.

Really, until Yuuno actually appears in StrikerS there isn't any evidence to believe he's done anything with Nanoha, so I think we should venture away from any pairings involving Nanoha since really, there is only evidence to support a NxF right now. Maybe some more episodes and we can debate over if Nanoha will ever get in a relationship or just be single forever.

I will concede, if I haven't already, that Erio x Caro seems like a done deal. Really, you can't take Nanoha's kindness as anything more then that and Fate is her adopted mother. And since those three (Erio, Fate, and Nanoha) are the only characters that have really interacted with Caro, she's pretty much stuck with him.

Plus they have the whole same age deal going on and stuff. Seems set in stone to me.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:37   Link #83
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Whose locusts/zergs now? <_<

Just because I'm a rabid fangirl for anything shojo-ai doesn't meant I'd blanatly pair up two people that has no canonical reason to be together. I'm not a crack pairing kind of person...
*Smiling with a thumbs-up *

Quote:
Really, until Yuuno actually appears in StrikerS there isn't any evidence to believe he's done anything with Nanoha, so I think we should venture away from any pairings involving Nanoha since really, there is only evidence to support a NxF right now. Maybe some more episodes and we can debate over if Nanoha will ever get in a relationship or just be single forever.
I'm not disagreeing that we should avoid discussing about Nanoha (the character) pairings, but I want to point out that ANYTHING before StrikerS doesn't have evidence to support she's in a relationship.

My problem now is not that there's no NxY scenes, my problem is that people are intentionally undermining Yuuno and have turned a blind eye towards his efforts in favor of Fate.

Not that I have anything against Fate, but I feel that it's -for a lack of better term at the moment- bulls***.

Quote:
I will concede, if I haven't already, that Erio x Caro seems like a done deal. Really, you can't take Nanoha's kindness as anything more then that and Fate is her adopted mother. And since those three (Erio, Fate, and Nanoha) are the only characters that have really interacted with Caro, she's pretty much stuck with him.

Plus they have the whole same age deal going on and stuff. Seems set in stone to me.
Again, no complains... But you kinda left out that Teana and Subaru were like older sisters to her, juding from episode 3 and 4.
Old 2007-05-15, 17:49   Link #84
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's exactly what I've meant...

Hey, why are you only using him as an example?

If it's about popularity, you locusts/floods/zergs would have had things done your way a long time ago...

Also, popularity doesn't control the plot... If it does, we're going to have a serious problem later... Mai Otome style
Ummmm................ Him who?
Old 2007-05-15, 17:57   Link #85
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagumo View Post
I honestly don't give a damn about relationhips. MSN to me is about explosions, AWESOME, hissatsu waza (secret moves) and shouting friendship, justice and ZENRYOKU ZENKAI (FULL POWER).
Then why are you posting here? This is a thread for serious discussion (as the title, surprisingly, hints) about the relationships, not a place for even more complaining. It was a tough call whether to delete your post or not, because i don't see anything in it that would contribute to the topic.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:05   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Ummmm................ Him who?
My bad, I read your post wrongly
Old 2007-05-15, 18:09   Link #87
krisslanza

Teana and Subaru obviously are in a relationship!
I kid, I kid. They're like Fate and Nanoha in MSLN, if less blushy-blushy whenever they're near each other.

I wonder if Ginga is going to be like Subaru and be all idolizing Fate. Seems she does idolize her, but not to the extent I can imagine Subaru (being younger and all).

I just watched episode 6 and I think it might still support a Fate x Nanoha pairing. Of course just because Fate say she was saved by "one with warm hands" doesn't mean much, but it would seem to me at least that if NxF aren't together... That Fate might be the one being in love with Nanoha. Like Tomoyo to Sakura in CCS to support my claim 'ere. =p

Trying to tack down Nanoha with anyone is rather hard, since she's just well... So nice, to everyone. With Fate we know she's happiest around Nanoha.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:13   Link #88
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Teana and Subaru obviously are in a relationship!
I kid, I kid. They're like Fate and Nanoha in MSLN, if less blushy-blushy whenever they're near each other.
Nah, they feel... ALOT more different than Fate and Nanoha... Probably because of the different character...

Quote:
I wonder if Ginga is going to be like Subaru and be all idolizing Fate. Seems she does idolize her, but not to the extent I can imagine Subaru (being younger and all).
I won't call it 'idolize', it's more like a simple 'respect'.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:15   Link #89
krisslanza

I meant they are close friends like Nanoha and Fate were, just without all the blushing constantly in each other's presence. They've known each other for a number of years that I can't recall and know a lot about each other.

But I still, as of now, still see them just as friends. They haven't done anything to believe so otherwise.

Do you mean Subaru or Ginga? I'll admit Ginga is more of 'respect' but Subaru borders on 'idolize' in a way.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:23   Link #90
Fuyu no Sora
Mistress of Impatience

Location: In a place of extremes. From below freezing to above boiling.
Quote:
I meant they are close friends like Nanoha and Fate were, just without all the blushing constantly in each other's presence. They've known each other for a number of years that I can't recall and know a lot about each other.

But I still, as of now, still see them just as friends. They haven't done anything to believe so otherwise.

Do you mean Subaru or Ginga? I'll admit Ginga is more of 'respect' but Subaru borders on 'idolize' in a way.

Subaru and Teana are friends. Plain simple. If people start speculating about them being a couple, then let'em be, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Ginga respects Fate whereas Subaru idolizes Nanoha. The serious idolizing type ><.
Old 2007-05-15, 18:29   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuyu no Sora View Post
Subaru and Teana are friends. Plain simple. If people start speculating about them being a couple, then let'em be, but I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

Ginga respects Fate whereas Subaru idolizes Nanoha. The serious idolizing type ><.
^
What she says
Old 2007-05-15, 19:49   Link #92
krisslanza

I already said Ginga respects Fate more then idolizes... <_<

Ok so we need another relationship to debate over now.
Old 2007-05-15, 19:55   Link #93
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I already said Ginga respects Fate more then idolizes... <_<
I meant that who I was refering to was what she said...

Quote:
Ok so we need another relationship to debate over now.
Lindy and Clyde... What could have possibly happened 30+ years ago?
Old 2007-05-15, 20:06   Link #94
Andy00

When writers want a happy lesbian couple, they don't actually SAY it; due to cultural aspects.

Look at Haruka and Michiru from "Sailor Moon". (ie Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune.) People argued for OVER A DECADE (no, this isn't an exaggeration) that, really, they were just friends. (lol cousins). It was only when their popularity was legendary that they were more obvious about it in the last season.

For various reasons, when you flat out SAY someone is a lesbian in anime, they're either spoofed, or bad stuff happens to them. Really bad crazy stuff.

"Oniisama E", "Kannaduki no Miko", "Devilman Lady", "Mai-HiME", etc. etc. The one lesbian couple in "Maria-sama ga Miteru"? As in, the only one with the kind of proof people are demanding here? One of the girls instantly left to become a nun. And this is from the anime that is supposedly the "flagship" of anime lesbians. Tomoyo from "Card Captor Sakura" saved herself from a bad fate by dropping any claim on Sakura early, and practically throwing Sakura at Syaoran.

So frankly, if the writers have Fate and Nanoha as a couple, we're probably not going to have any of the "proof" that is being demanded here. It will be subtle, something known but not spoken about.
Old 2007-05-15, 20:11   Link #95
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy00 View Post
When writers want a happy lesbian couple, they don't actually SAY it; due to cultural aspects.

Look at Haruka and Michiru from "Sailor Moon". (ie Sailor Uranus and Sailor Neptune.) People argued for OVER A DECADE (no, this isn't an exaggeration) that, really, they were just friends. (lol cousins). It was only when their popularity was legendary that they were more obvious about it in the last season.

For various reasons, when you flat out SAY someone is a lesbian in anime, they're either spoofed, or bad stuff happens to them. Really bad crazy stuff.

"Oniisama E", "Kannaduki no Miko", "Devilman Lady", "Mai-HiME", etc. etc. The one lesbian couple in "Maria-sama ga Miteru"? As in, the only one with the kind of proof people are demanding here? One of the girls instantly left to become a nun. And this is from the anime that is supposedly the "flagship" of anime lesbians. Tomoyo from "Card Captor Sakura" saved herself from a bad fate by dropping any claim on Sakura early, and practically throwing Sakura at Syaoran.

So frankly, if the writers have Fate and Nanoha as a couple, we're probably not going to have any of the "proof" that is being demanded here. It will be subtle, something known but not spoken about.

How convenient! No physical evidence!

Nanoha and Yuuno have such a close and loving relationship too! Don't you know? They're just REALLY really shy about it so they're hiding it from everybody and covered their tracks well

And the writers are just being extremely subtle about it too !
Old 2007-05-15, 20:12   Link #96
krisslanza

Why did you mention Kannazuki no Miko but didn't mention that it did in fact have a very blanat lesbian couple that did end up together?

Just because two anime you listed didn't end happily, doesn't mean Nanoha will follow that line.

EDIT:
Pshaw. No one cares about Yuuno anymore... =p *Not serious. I just don't. XD*
Old 2007-05-15, 20:22   Link #97
Zemyla
Is it can be Azu tiem now

Send a message via AIM to Zemyla
Nanoha and Yunno were so cute together, and I hope we see him in ep 7.

Also, am I the only one who is thinking of Raising Heart x Bardiche?
Old 2007-05-15, 20:28   Link #98
krisslanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zemyla View Post
Nanoha and Yunno were so cute together, and I hope we see him in ep 7.

Also, am I the only one who is thinking of Raising Heart x Bardiche?
When were they ever 'together'?

And how can two intelligent devices be together? XD
Old 2007-05-15, 20:30   Link #99
Meophist

Since this is the relationship thread, I'm wondering about the nature of…
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2007-05-15, 20:38   Link #100
Zemyla
Is it can be Azu tiem now

Send a message via AIM to Zemyla
Quote:
When were they ever 'together'?
Well, maybe "together" wasn't the best choice of words. But I find it a lot more likely than Nanoha x Fate.

Quote:
And how can two intelligent devices be together? XD
You remember in episode 3 of A's, where they both decided to not work unless the Belka-style cartridge system was installed in them? They had obviously decided it together, and so were in mental communication. And what else do you think they did in that communication besides decide to hold out for cartridges...
Closed Thread