Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-04-13, 14:56   Link #41
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souma Kyou
had a lot of time when i took a break from college for fall-spring semesters. also had a static party so i got to level whenever i logged on. gave me plenty of time since i didn't have to seek and stuff.
that is nice. what server/job/level?

31blm 14whm 2 brd

32 cooking

16 fishing

that is me!

... ... ...

i have a LS... problem is they are all in the low 60s high 50's.... thank god they have to lvl their subjobs.
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 19:00   Link #42
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn

W/c do you guys prefer playing rather than FFXI?
Everquest
RO
UO
there are lots more...I think I forgot?

As for me I also play RO but not very addict...also I play UO 4 yrs ago...Back wen it was free...I guess...

That's all...
Sid_Burn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 19:09   Link #43
sasukeXoro
scratch n' sniff avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid_Burn

W/c do you guys prefer playing rather than FFXI?
Everquest
RO
UO
there are lots more...I think I forgot?

As for me I also play RO but not very addict...also I play UO 4 yrs ago...Back wen it was free...I guess...

That's all...
Well i play
FU alot even though its very expensive to play, and
CK is really cool, but the game is getting out of hand with all the hacked items and
U is JUST OK, although i've only been playing for a couple days, but hey, its free

im just kidding, but why dont you just spell out the names for us people who dont know every dam MMORPG and thier intials, we wants to play to, just need a full name folks!
sasukeXoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-13, 20:41   Link #44
Sid_Burn
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Sid_Burn Send a message via AIM to Sid_Burn Send a message via Yahoo to Sid_Burn
Quote:
thier intials, we wants to play to, just need a full name folks!
Can you tell me also the full name of those MMO you've just mention...

RO :Ragnarok Online
UO :Ultima Online

That's all...
Old 2004-04-13, 23:26   Link #45
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i play RO @_@ i'm so addicted to it even though i play on a private server, its still good
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 00:34   Link #46
Souma Kyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
that is nice. what server/job/level?

31blm 14whm 2 brd

32 cooking

16 fishing

that is me!

... ... ...

i have a LS... problem is they are all in the low 60s high 50's.... thank god they have to lvl their subjobs.
Midgardsormr

Elvaan 70drg/35war, 20thf, 30whm, 30blm, 22rdm (Dragoon allows for a multitude of subclasses, hence the multiple 30's)

36 cooking
21 fishing
13 clothescraft

was in an HNM LS which consisted of all the highest level HK and NA people on the server, around Lv60-75, mainly to compete with the best JP LS's.

i have a few screens on my server. http://surreal.underclocked.com/ffxi/
Souma Kyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 00:51   Link #47
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
i play RO @_@ i'm so addicted to it even though i play on a private server, its still good
I also play in a private server...though I hate RO...

That's all...
Old 2004-04-14, 03:06   Link #48
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by aFlipGuy
Which server?
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 05:29   Link #49
Roseroar

Send a message via ICQ to Roseroar Send a message via AIM to Roseroar
I see these threads regularly on many different forums I frequent, and there's always someone that brings up the 'paying to play is stupid' or 'a waste of money' but I find that argument fairly weak. Where would the money be going otherwise?

Look at the costs: EverQuest Evolutions, $30 USD. That's the base game and 5 expansions (excluding the latest 2 or 3) which is all you'll need to play to get in to the game enough to consider buying later expansions. First month is free, then subscription cost thereafter is $12.95 USD per month.

Now, let's look at that $13. How much does a movie cost where you live? maybe $5-8 or so. Popcorn and drink, add on another $5. There, that's ~$13 for 2-3 hours of entertainment. Compared to $13 for a MONTH of entertainment on demand. You can log in as little or as much as you like. Some people play 18 hours a day, some people play a couple hours a week. It's up to you.

Potentially, though, that $13 is going for up to 100x more time spent getting entertainment out of that money. It's up to you what you'll do with that money in the end. There's 500,000 people however, that do pay that $13 per month to be able to log in and play whenever they feel like it. Certainly, many of those people also go to watch movies, or out to bars and all that sort of stuff too, but if they're on that budget, a spare $13 doesn't make much difference really.

Hell, paying for petrol (gas) and parking for a week will cost more than that, let alone 4 weeks. Buying takeaway or pizza will cost more over a couple days. You need to put all these costs in perspective. Really, when you look at it, the fees for these games (I'm using EQ specifically) are very minor for what you get out of them.

Yes, it can add up to hundreds of dollars over the years, with month after month of subscriptions, and buying new expansions and stuff like that, however over that same period of time, someone without an MMORPG to play, will probably be spending thousands of dollars going out getting drunk (or otherwise intoxicated) or whatever. Me, I'd rather stay at home and play a game, than go get wasted, or pay to sit in a noisy room full of people ruining my movie experience (I'd rather watch them on DVD later) but then, I'm rather antisocial, so maybe my views are just weird to most people.

I play EverQuest, and have done for, hm, nearing on two years now. I'm in an 'endgame' guild, and I play 2-10 hours a day, depending what's going on or whatever takes my fancy ingame at the time and what RL stuff to do. I try to balance my free time between EQ and watching anime, generally.

You have to take in to account, though, that a LARGE number of people playing these games, are adults, with jobs, not kids that think $13 is some huge amount of money. We're on real wages, and $13 is really pitance to the vast majority of MMORPG players, so I suppose my view may be a little skewed compared to some kid who's saving his pocketmoney to buy Diablo 2 or whatever. You can't treat these games the same though, MMORPG's are a totally different experience to single player RPG's, or online FPS (ala Counter-strike, Unreal, Doom, whatever) type games. Primarily, in the maturity level that the fee to play brings.

It really comes down to the games having a fee, acts as a filter. You'd be surprised how much trash a simple fee keeps out of your game world. They're very peaceful without d00d's all over the place being all 'haha, I pwn'd j00' or whatever you get in D2 and CS type games. A lot of us folk that play MMORPG's rejoyce at the fact, while many of you think it's unfair and call shenanigans on the whole concept of paying for a continually updating and evolving service and massive server/bandwidth usage.

In the end though, it's up to you if you think it's worth your money. I purrsonally do, but I spend a lot of time online and like having something to do with my friends in some form of significance, playing my character with a bunch of other friends through a large storyline, in a world with thousands of other people to interact with. Not just ganking eachother pointlessly in 30 minute matches ala CS.
Roseroar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-14, 19:43   Link #50
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Which server?
I think he is in not playing in any server in RO... He just play privately on his own...SERVER...
Old 2004-04-15, 00:05   Link #51
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
I think he is in not playing in any server in RO... He just play privately on his own...SERVER...
Who asked you? *BEEP* No one.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 07:30   Link #52
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash_Squirrel
Who asked you? *BEEP* No one.
FOOL...hahahahahaha!

That's all...
Old 2004-04-15, 08:15   Link #53
aFlipGuy
Master

Send a message via AIM to aFlipGuy
i play on the projectRO server, thier website is www.projectro.com

i'm too addicted to that game its ruining my life

u see a swordaman named Fllip just say wuts up ^_^, they gots nice ppl there too ^_^ some randome guy gave me 16k so i could buy my helm ^_^
aFlipGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-15, 12:52   Link #54
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Quote:
you have no idea what the fuck you are speaking of

i am an old apez member

apezro.cjb.net

dont go on much anymore, the community sorta went downhill after people started botting the aRO server.

*so you know, apez is one of the reasons for the widespread propagation of the Gravity server client*

Quote:
Elvaan 70drg/35war, 20thf, 30whm, 30blm, 22rdm (Dragoon allows for a multitude of subclasses, hence the multiple 30's)
you are one insane ... ... yeah.

My highest job is 32 as of now = =

my linkshell is pretty good. we have just about some of the higher NA players on the server... ... some with multiple 55+ jobs.

problem is that JPs dont like NAs for some odd reason... like they are rude pricks alot of the time... ...

= =;;

JP players have the most terrible opinion of americans. when i say i am american, they are shocked and ask if i am really from america... ... so sad.

Quote:
36 cooking
21 fishing
13 clothescraft
with those skills how in hell did you float your equipment costs??? did you just get the RSE+quest armor or what?

Heh. it sucks no one here is on valefor.
Old 2004-04-16, 03:12   Link #55
Souma Kyou

with Japanese players, you gotta build trust with them. once you get on good terms with a small group, it's very likely that they'll tell their friends about "the one good NA" and you'll eventually have a much easier time finding and/or creating parties.

i got cooking up while making juice for my static party's BRD and WHM, and eventually started making mithkabobs for them too. the money mainly came from NM's and such. i practically lived in Oztroja camping for Fuma kyahan (100k on Midgard) and Uchiote's kote's (however the hell you spell it... 500k on Midgard) in between fishing and farming. and, since i had a static party, i never had to worry about seeking, so i usually spent the time that it took for all my members to get on to fish and farm.

past 65, though, money comes in a whole lot easier. BC30 (BCNM70) drops items that range from 500k-3mil, and that's where the bulk of my income came from. that and hunting HNM's like Behemoth (Behemoth hide goes for 1mil each), Ose (100k for each whisker), Adamantoise (150k for each Adaman ore), etc.

how did i accomplish all that? the majority of the people i played and leveled with from Lv1-70 are the same people that i was very close friends with on iRO (yes, i played that too... for about 3 years). we were all power levelers on RO, so it was pretty natural for us to be power levelers on FFXI too
Souma Kyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 03:13   Link #56
Darvin
Is breakfast ready yet???

RO is the best 4 me!!!

Those games are hard to find and difficult to configure...
Darvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 07:34   Link #57
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Yo, a few questions:
Is the english version of FFXI already out or only the PS2 ver.?
And is it worth it bucks ? I have my own kredit card, but i dunno if wasting money to buy and pay the monthly subscription fee is worth it...

And would it run on my pc?
I have a Pentium 3 with 1 Ghz
512 mb ram
and a Geforce 2 GTS ...

Thanks for any responses
Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 08:37   Link #58
Sid_Burn
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin
RO is the best 4 me!!!

Those games are hard to find and difficult to configure...
Hmmm... I think you're right... since you only play at computer shops...

That's all...
Old 2004-04-16, 10:33   Link #59
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Biohazard- get for your PS2. it is definatly worth it.

not high enough to get any of those NMs... am i?

i make my money off of cooking... however cocatrice meat is like 11k/stack so i dont think i will make mithkrabobs (dont know where to get the meat)

maybe i should make bard my main job... meh. whatever.

its gonna be a long time till i get to level 65... like a year...
Old 2004-04-16, 19:59   Link #60
1stStrike
Pro Leecher

www.ryzom.com

It's currently in open beta. It's more along the lines of early beta as only a portion of the world is open and also a lot of things aren't in the game yet. However, what they do have so far is the beginnings of an amazing game. You can only download it right now if you're a gamespy subscriber (which I am, because I have lots of money to waste. Suckers.) otherwise you have to wait until the 20th for the free gamespy servers to have it.

But check out the latest teaser and some of the screenshots..it's stunning. The details in the game are great..and the amount of customization is also really nice. After level 20 you can branch off with each branch having 250 levels. If you attempted to get every single branch up to max you would have over 6,000 levels. How's that for diversity?

The monsters are really cool as well. They'll walk around, sniff the ground, eat grass, stronger monsters will kill and eat the smaller ones and some of them will kick dirt on you when they kill you..very very detailed. Your character actually moves during combat and doesn't just stand there doing nothing.

As I stated earlier, the game is still in beta however it looks to be very promising and I'm really looking forward to the other parts of the world opening up.
1stStrike is offline   Reply With Quote