Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-02, 19:41   Link #21
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, I'm not a LN reader, but I really enjoyed this. The MC is a bit OP (well, given that he is an adult genius inhabiting the body of a young boy....), but I quite liked the character interactions and the setting.

So, basically the real Ernie died in the attack and his body somehow was magically repaired and inhabited by the spirit of the MC, correct? Or is it more of a fusion of the boy and the man?
Spoiler for Well...:

On the one hand, the cutting of content leads to some events becoming more shallow than they should be, like the above example. On the other hand, none of what was cut was ultimately important to the plot in general,

Spoiler for Like:

And they do manage to get the basics of the introductions down so they can get to the good parts faster. I mean, the first few chapters of Eru's school life really wouldn't have made a great introduction to the series objectively, and cutting out events so we can get to the actual meat of the premise, which are the giant robots, is a good decision.

As others have said, I like how they give the mecha actual weight and power behind their movements, pretty reminiscent of say Escaflowne or Iron-Blooded Orphans, and having the mechs have visible wear and tear really gives them a used feeling that makes them seem more "real" so to speak.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 20:04   Link #22
shadow1296

the first episode gives me hopes, i was looking for a new relatively decent mecha anime, gundam IBO left a sour taste in my mouth it was just to dark and that ending did not help much, i honestly hope that this one can fulfill my mecha craving for a while and doesn't ruin itself like IBO did
Old 2017-07-02, 21:02   Link #23
SeaDoor

Enjoyed the first episode more than I expected. Admittedly, however, I really wasn't expecting much. Will give it three episodes to hook me.
SeaDoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 21:31   Link #24
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

A nice start it seem that MC traded up after being hit by that car he just so cute now
Old 2017-07-02, 22:38   Link #25
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

A good first episode.

Seems like a compressed adaptation, though. I wish there was more world-building.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-02, 23:32   Link #26
dmaxzero

while they skimmed through the first volume, is not done in a bad way. Admittedly, first volume half is quite introductory and there is nothing that important that was not shown in this first episode. So far, it looks alright.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 00:21   Link #27
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Eru is so cute

Also liking he medieval aesthetic of the mechs.

While the episode does seem a bit rushed and removed quite a bit of plot points for Vol. 1 I guess the adapters just wanted to get to the mech action right away.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 01:58   Link #28
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

looking at the illustrations for this series, either the artists somehow forgot that our mecha otaku protagonist is a guy or they were just trolling us,
i mean look at his butt & hips...........
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 03:14   Link #29
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Well...:
Thanks, that clears that up.

Again, really good start, IMO. Unless the writers manage to drop the ball considerably in the next episodes, I rate this a keeper.
Old 2017-07-03, 03:17   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That was a fast paced episode. They immediately went from his death and rebirth to the attack by the demon beasts. Plus certain events happen differently from the manga like Eru having meet Stefania at the academy before the training trip while in this episode she meets him during the trip. Nevertheless, the animation looks great and music was good. Let's see what happens in the next episode.

Also, i keep forgetting but are the Alter siblings twins and whose the older one?
Old 2017-07-03, 04:36   Link #31
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
looking at the illustrations for this series, either the artists somehow forgot that our mecha otaku protagonist is a guy or they were just trolling us,
i mean look at his butt & hips...........
Nah, he looked like that even in kurogin's original illustrations of him, and looking girly is one of his defining features in the LN, to the point where people who don't know him initially mistake him for a girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
That was a fast paced episode. They immediately went from his death and rebirth to the attack by the demon beasts. Plus certain events happen differently from the manga like Eru having meet Stefania at the academy before the training trip while in this episode she meets him during the trip. Nevertheless, the animation looks great and music was good. Let's see what happens in the next episode.
There's also Eru saving Ady from falling in the anime, when in the LN and manga he just jumps on the roof and meets them.

Quote:
Also, i keep forgetting but are the Alter siblings twins and whose the older one?
Archid is the elder one IIRC.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 06:53   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's like they know people just want to get to the cool robots fighting part asap. To be fair though, the introduction was nice and snappy and I didn't think anything took longer than it needs to.

Love - The setting is almost my ideal fantasy world
Dislike - Otaku savior trope
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 07:04   Link #33
G0rd0

pretty funny that the mc parents look like villans also his grandpa
G0rd0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 07:56   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Okay I've finished the current translated manga chapters, only 19 chapters but they really accelerated the story for the first episode. And I highly doubt the Anime would go into all the techno babble in detail for it. But will that count me officially in.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 09:31   Link #35
zztop

Kurata's pre-death voice sounds a lot like Shinpachi from Gintama.

I almost expected Gintoki and Kagura to suddenly pop up and start insulting him for shits and giggles.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 09:51   Link #36
John117xCortana

Eru's staff in the anime looks like a shotgun with a bayonet attachment on it.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 10:41   Link #37
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

This is basically DragoonKain3 bait to the max. Mages? Check. Mechas? Check. Zettai Ryouiki? Check. Childhood friends? DOUBLE CHECK! True, MC is like 12... so technically everyone will be his in the future, but doesn't stop me from squeeing everytime Adel glomps him. XD

Now if only it wasn't an isekai story; like it wouldn't change a thing if Ernest was just a robot prodigy. But I guess you can't win everything.. I'm just going to trust on Yokote on this one. Pretty proven track record since everyone knows her as Shirobako writer, but while she isn't on the level of Okada, she's more often than not writing the childhood friend stories in a good light. This won't be her series of the year (this fall's Children of the Whales looks mesmerizing), but at least for me it's guaranteed to be entertaining.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 10:43   Link #38
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I highly doubt the Anime would go into all the techno babble in detail for it. But will that count me officially in.
I highly hope they keep technobabble in an anime. For me, this story's selling point is not a cool mech action scene.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Eru's staff in the anime looks like a shotgun with a bayonet attachment on it.
It actually look like what was described in LN. If anything, it's novel illustration that make me go wtf that doesn't look like what you just described in the story at all. The same goes with some mech design. I will love to see anime's take on it.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 11:20   Link #39
Side-streetdog

I have a bad feeling about this.
Not only first episode was very rush, it like they already put everything for this episode.
I doubt they can continue keep good animation all the way through.

I really like this series (Because robot, of cause!) just hope they're not screw up.
Old 2017-07-03, 11:22   Link #40
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so far there have been a comparisons of this series with Youjo Senki, both protagonists who are Japanese company workers were reincarnated into a universe where magic exists which allowed them to become mages who happened to be child prodigies & were involved into battles due to their professions.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mechs