AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Pumpkin Scissors

Notices

View Poll Results: Pumpkin Scissors Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 22.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 27.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 11.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 5.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-26, 07:23   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 9!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
Old 2006-11-27, 23:49   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Episode 9 screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity. Hmm, when are we going to see some tank action again?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-11-28, 12:39   Link #3
GUTB_

This show is really starting to try my patience. The main character is cool, everything else is not. So, of course, the show concentrates on everything else. I want the main character to hurry up and go physco. but I realize this won't happen until the final episodes. Until then, I'll see if I can handle the stupid Full Metal Alchemist euro-military office space fillers.
Old 2006-11-28, 13:36   Link #4
Mentar
Banned

This one was a filler again, but not as bad as the last eps.

Let's get back on the manga track, PLEASE!
Old 2006-11-28, 17:21   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well even though this ep was a filler it was actually quite good (tho not as exciting as the previous eps)
i think this is the first time that oreld has actually fallen in love with someone...but alas it wasnt ment to be >.<
some touchy moments and oreld's personality development shown here

next ep...still seems to be on filler mode

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-30, 03:42   Link #6
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Yawn. Pointless episode.

There's no style to the episodic episodes. If you're gonna be episodic, you may as well be excessively stylish ala Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop. (Somewhat intelligent ala Kino's Journey or Mushishi would be ever greater appreciated, but that's just asking way too much). But PS lacks that. No quirky characters, stylish action sequences or humourous asides. They're attempted every now and then, but they're not well executed or frequent enough. What remains are episodic stories that are boring. Like this one.

The way Alice burst through the doors somewhat reminded me of Haruhi. There's a niave stubborn agression from both characters, I think. She is one of the more likable characters in this series, IMO (I just totally dig characters like that, hence my unusual enjoyment of the Tsuyokiss anime). Maybe if this anime actually had a story to carry her and the other characters, it'd be more enjoyable (actually, no "maybe" about it). With any amount of luck filler hell will end soon. But for now, just looks like we'll have to tolerate it and hope that when PS finally does grow a plot that it'd be worth sticking around for.
Old 2006-11-30, 21:46   Link #7
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Another blah filler episode, but as others have said, better than previously. I know that the whole backstory of the group is in the manga somewhere, so hopefully #10 will be more on track.
Old 2006-12-01, 06:11   Link #8
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Not much to add... No development, another random sidestory that nobody cares about.
Old 2006-12-01, 07:07   Link #9
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax
another random sidestory that nobody cares about.
LOL that basically summarises the whole episode very nicely.

What I did like about this episode was again Orland's little speech (we need more of those)... at that moment it hit me that this war was one that lasted so long, people forgot what peace was like, what not to fight was like - That bit of insight for me was a little bright light in another bleh episode.
Old 2006-12-01, 21:07   Link #10
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Looks we have veered away from the main story for some side stories. Normally this irritates to know end. I gave this episode an 8 i really didnt mind since we got to see another side of Olend. I had pretty much given up on him having any other side besides the slacker playboy. But this showed that he also has a caring side. That was pretty much the reason why gave it 8 good character development is a must for me.

THe battle that Olend was describing sounded a lot like a battle in WWII Called the Battle of the Bulge where American forces were surrounded and had to dig fox holes too escape the german artillery. It was the dead of winter they had no winter clothing low supplies and were waiting on reinforcements to break through and help them. In the last days of the siege the american forces launched an attack on the german artillery emplacements. However the americans were not whipped like the imperial troops were
Old 2006-12-02, 11:29   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Felt like I was watching a BBC war drama at times this ep. For good and bad. Oreld has been given lots of character development recently, moreso than Machs, Alice even. I hope this isn't a bad sign...

Anyway, the important thing is next week the tanks are back! Rejoice!
Old 2006-12-02, 18:52   Link #12
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Woman of the Morning Mist

Not a bad episode, but still was a standalone filler that had anything to contribute at all with the main story.

Oreld's the kind of Don Juan with a heart of gold who takes the ladies' issues with heart.

He basically softened up to Hannah and reasoned to her to carry on with her life for the memory of her late lover. Honestly, because Oreld did not want for Hannah to end her life once the day would come for her to realize that Frank had gone for good.
He had been cold and outright straightforward to pull Hannah to reality, however, he made sure on Hannah that there is someone that cares to give her the strength and the drive to going through.

Besides, there have been and are countless like Hannah going on with the same experience: endlessly waiting for their lovers whether unknown to them or being awared that they have been killed in action.

War sure is heartless.
Old 2006-12-02, 20:37   Link #13
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Besides, there have been and are countless like Hannah going on with the same experience: endlessly waiting for their lovers whether unknown to them or being awared that they have been killed in action.
In Hannah's case she did know though, she just didn't want to accept it.
Old 2006-12-04, 18:16   Link #14
Kensuke

A little late, but here is my view of episode 9.

First I was little scared by the bad reviews of this episode but it wasn't that bad, better than I expected.
True, there didn't seem to be any connection to the past episodes, so just a filler again? Maybe the purpose of this episode was just show how cruel war is, to the soldiers and civilians. But was he really killed during the battle, or is he being kept as POW.

Well, just guessing. And hoping the end of these episodic stories...
Old 2006-12-12, 23:18   Link #15
Skane
Anime Snark

Quite a poignant episode, and since I have not read the manga, it didn't really feel that pointless to me, so a 9. Oreld's account of the platoon's final days was harrowing.

Cheers.
Old 2006-12-13, 03:32   Link #16
Zappster

Indeed. I thought it was an interesting episode and certainly one of the best from the last few I've seen (take from that what you will). I certainly wouldn't use bleh or boring to describe it. Meh, different strokes. I'm not about to sit here and argue over it.
Old 2006-12-22, 00:37   Link #17
ECFNW

This was ok, but the sooner they get the tanks back into the story, the better.
Old 2007-04-16, 07:58   Link #18
Hunter Nin.

Well I just finished watching this ep and so far there have only been a few times in this series where I thought the show might have been filler. The quality of the filler seems to be very good to me as I found them to be all quite enjoyable, in fact, I thought the story WAS about section 3 and not just the main character. I'm perfectly happy watching this kind of filler but I can understand it may be frustrating for people who have read the manga.

I liked this ep because in a way it was that guys personal war relief effort and you can really see that although he turns up late nearly all the time that he really does care and is suited to that kind of work. Thumbs up from me.
Closed Thread