AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-12-13, 21:33   Link #1
a_v

Brass Restoration Translation Patch Released

Brass Restoration Translation Patch

Team Wanko to Kurasou and Takajun have released their v1.00 translation patch for Brass Restoration.

It's a FREE game Takajun has been working on for quite awile (that name may sound familiar if you've played the english translation of Fate/Stay Night, or Wanko to Kurasou, or a number of other things), and is of the visual-novel style:
Branching Tree choices.

As for the game its self, you're a student at a high school... tragic accident... number of girls yada yada.

And did I mention already it's a free game?

Give it a try, and if you like it Takajun always appreciates Imouto. And if you don't like it... Well, he hangs around #mirrormoon on aniverse and maybe you can convince the Wanko to Kurasou team to translate the latest version of solitaire or something.

Anyway Thanks again to Taka and The Wanko to Kurasou team.
a_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 21:35   Link #2
Fleur

Just finished this game completely, I wasn't expecting much but it turns out its a really enjoyable read. Kouri is so cute...
Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-24, 05:11   Link #3
SquirrelFarm

Uriuri needed more forehead crushers~
SquirrelFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 00:52   Link #4
Shadow Kira01

Is the game linear? Do you get to make choices or answer questions like Persona 4 or it is more like Clannad?
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-25, 10:59   Link #5
MuzikalNotes
Amry-chan, mii~

From the information on the blog, you do make choices, and each choice branches into its own story with its own choices, so to fully complete the game, you need to select each choice. I've always liked those kind of games, for some reason. Going to play this once I finish some others I've still got around here, which are still collecting dust as of now.
MuzikalNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-26, 23:09   Link #6
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzikalNotes View Post
From the information on the blog, you do make choices, and each choice branches into its own story with its own choices, so to fully complete the game, you need to select each choice. I've always liked those kind of games, for some reason. Going to play this once I finish some others I've still got around here, which are still collecting dust as of now.
Actually, Clannad sounds just the same: you get to make choices and the choices lead you to different routes. One of the exclusive routes even unlock "After Story" which is kinda like an epilogue to the game. However, the overall story was very linear.
Old 2009-02-22, 02:09   Link #7
tyciol
*Artist

Does Team 'Wanko to Kurasu' also freely translate that project? I heard it was a good game.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 02:43   Link #8
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
Actually, Clannad sounds just the same: you get to make choices and the choices lead you to different routes. One of the exclusive routes even unlock "After Story" which is kinda like an epilogue to the game.
I'd go so far as to say that After Story is the real meat of the game, myself...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 03:11   Link #9
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'd go so far as to say that After Story is the real meat of the game, myself...
Exactly.

Just like Coco's path from Ever17 which is only unlocked after completing the other four good endings.

I've played Brass Restoration a bit, haven't finished it completely though. I've finish Minori and Senpai.

I love Minori's character...

Quote:
Let's eat rice together!
Or how after she tells you about her dream and there's the big.

"Analysing...

*Beep*

Conclusion:

Minori is an idiot."

Cracks me up every time.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-23, 15:15   Link #10
Shadow Kira01

One thing Brass Restoration lacks is the voiced-dialogues. The good thing is that it does have choice making which is less linear than Clannad. I don't like linear visual novels.

Quote:
Does it mean that you can choose any route you like in After Story or is it the default route, just like the anime? I haven't finished Nagisa's yet but have already started Tomoyo's route.
Old 2010-10-10, 14:33   Link #11
tyciol
*Artist

Quote:
It's certainly the most emotional and moving, but you might say that of Higurashi's Answers as well. In the same way, Clannad's opening is probably more lighthearted and humourous as Higurashi's is frightening.
tyciol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eroge, translation