AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-17, 17:58   Link #7261
Corfish1001

I can't even begin to express how much I want to thank you guys for this! I can't wait to see the end. Thank you all so much for bringing us non-Japanese readers the chance to read this amazing tale <3
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 17:58   Link #7262
SonozakiUshiromiya
Reading your tale. :)

This is the reaction we couldn't express through text.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqMhU...eature=related
Thanks and <See You Again>, Witch Hunt.
Old 2011-12-17, 17:59   Link #7263
CrimsonMoonMist

I have never seen any translation group so effective as WH,
and Umineko's no short story either.
Unfortunately I have no clever or fancy words to say,
so I'll just say thank you all for giving everyone a chance to experience this wonderful series,
and I hope you take a well deserved break before even thinking about the spinoff titles.
CrimsonMoonMist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:01   Link #7264
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It does affect the "trick" end, but it is really trivial. The most important thing with medals is that you unlock some scenes immediately if you manage to get both medals of a pair.
Old 2011-12-17, 18:03   Link #7265
Oblivion

Wow, thank you so much. I cannot weait to read this. You guys are the best.
Oblivion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:05   Link #7266
The Creator
Golden Emperor

FUCK YEAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!

Thanks a lot WH for all you hard work!!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
The Creator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:06   Link #7267
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
Having a slight issue. F isn't switching to full screen. Pushing F does nothing.
Which OS are you using?
Old 2011-12-17, 18:12   Link #7268
MarthX

nm I fixed it. Thanks anyway.
MarthX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:13   Link #7269
Saq78642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It has been almost 3 years I've worked on this project with many people, and for some reason I can't even describe such experience as these years that were so long passed like a flash.
I can't help but feel sort of relieved but also bitter since it is hard to have that impression that "that's it, we have done it!". Probably would have been different for a project which would be the same but on a shorter span (episodic structure doesn't help I guess).

Of course, things wouldn't have gone so well without all members of Witch Hunt who managed to keep it up. Those who helped us and still could see the end of our journey, I thank all of you for your help under the group name, however large or small your contribution was, each of them helped us to go that far. Regardless if you are no longer with us for this release, I personally am grateful for what you have done with us.

Suffice to say, the support and satisfaction of all fans was also a splendid sight to behold. I would be lying if we didn't feel satisfaction with all these thanks, but yet, it is the fact all of you were so curious, interested and looking forwards Ryukishi's latest tale that drove us to do our best.

As such, we of Witch Hunt would like to express our gratitude to all of you readers, who enjoyed Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

Well then, enough tchitchat I guess?

As promised, here is the tale that Ushiromiya Battler wanted to convey to his little sister. Now, this tale is finally available for everyone.
We of Witch Hunt are proud to announce that the complete patch for Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch is finally available.

You can grab it here. Please select the appropriate installer depending of your OS:
More mirrors and nosinstaller versions can be found on our website.
Please note that we aren't going to remain idle, so if you notice any glitch, typo, mistakes etc, please don't hesitate and report them to us.

Note: Old save state won't be available for this release. Therefore, we made a choice at the beginning of Episode 8 that will allow you to jump directly to the second half of the patch.

Specific note: A known glitch will certainly occur at some point in Episode 8. It isn't that much of an issue, but we have no fix as of now.
The problem is as follow: At some point in the latter half of Episode 8, a certain character doll sheet will take the topmost layer displayed, which will cover even the menu HUB. Once the scene is over, everything works fine.
The links section doesn't contain the latest patch, only the older vers
Saq78642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:15   Link #7270
ChanceWolf

First: I want to thank you for all the great work. You really made our lives better by translating this.

But... the patch is not working fine for me.
Spoiler for bug:

I'm using Windows 7 64bit with the latest updates.
ChanceWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:19   Link #7271
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saq78642 View Post
Try hitting the refresh button on your browser. For some reason, that's always been an issue with this site.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:20   Link #7272
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saq78642 View Post
They do, but you have to clean your cache and refresh the page.
Old 2011-12-17, 18:24   Link #7273
Ukyo9

Thank You. Those have been quite intresting years. Both me and a friend of mine are very grateful to all of you.
Ukyo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:33   Link #7274
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Hi ChanceWolf,

We're having trouble reproducing your bug, so it's probably a memory issue of some sort. Can you try running the game again, but first add this line to the "ons.cfg" file in the game folder:
Quote:
debug
It'll open a few folders when you start the game. After it crashes, look in the ONScripter-EN folder for the file "stdout.txt", open it, and either paste the last few lines into a reply post here, or else email the file to UncleMion (at) gmail.com.

(You can remove the "debug" line from the ons.cfg file afterwards, though I may want to see some other output later.)

Thanks,
Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:39   Link #7275
Keriaku
Thought Being

I want to thank you all so much, Witch Hunt. I really can't express how grateful I am. Umineko as a series really changed my life and it will always be something that is a part of me. Though I am now on a path towards learing Japanese myself, and I would have certainly read it one day, I have no idea who I would have been if I hadn't experienced Umineko over these last 3-4 years.

So thank you, and thank you again, for bringing this out for all of us. Know that your efforts have gone a long way.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:41   Link #7276
otakufan

Witch-Hunt, I want to reaffirm something: YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!!

Thanks again for all your hard work!

*thumbs up*
otakufan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:45   Link #7277
LtheMilkEater

I'm on a Mac. I downloaded the patch and tried to install from my DVD copy. It seems alright at first, but when I try to open the game, a window pops up saying that the application quit unexpectedly. Clicking on "Relaunch" just causes another identical window to pop up. It won't open at all.

I tried to reinstall the game three times, redownloaded the patch, and tried to install it again, but I get the same result each time.
LtheMilkEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 18:47   Link #7278
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
Thank you ever so much for all the effort! It definitely was worth it! I feel as if Umineko has changed me so much during these last 3 years, shaping my reading interests towards mystery, introducing new types of awesome music in my life and last but not least, improving my thinking methods when approaching an argument. So thank you, WH!
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:08   Link #7279
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
Allow me to add my words of thanks to the huge amount thats already here. Witch Hunt has easily been one of, if not the most, dedicated translation group I've ever seen. Words cannot express the level of thanks I feel, and no level of thanks is enough to repay the debt we owe for this excellent service.

With that being said, thank you one last time, and I wish all of you good luck in your future endeavours
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 19:14   Link #7280
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

I'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the Witch Hunt project for doing such a brilliant job of allowing people around the world to enjoy this amazing story we all know and love.

Honestly, doing what Witch Hunt has done is by no means an easy feat. Thanks for the awesomeness.

Tags
translation