AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-11-09, 04:14   Link #1
Dekogob
Page of Space

Smile Light novel help

Hey guys as you can tell im a fairly new member here (just joined a few minutes ago actually) so please forgive me for all the noob stuff I might say or do :P

So on topic im interested in writing a light novel for submission to the "Dengeki Novel contest"

I cant write Japanese but I think I could find myself a translator
the problem is though I have NEVER even seen or touched a light novel before so I was thinking I could get some help and advice from some of you guys

Any information and tips are extremely appreciated ^_^
thanks in advance~! (/*^*)/
Old 2013-11-09, 04:39   Link #2
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

What genre do you want to write in the first place? Dengeki light novels aren't typically that simple (like MF J...), especially with how varied the genres are.
Old 2013-11-09, 06:06   Link #3
Dekogob
Page of Space

I was thinking of making a fantasy psychological kind of light novel something along the lines of death note but not exactly like it.
Old 2013-11-09, 11:00   Link #4
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekogob View Post
I was thinking of making a fantasy psychological kind of light novel something along the lines of death note but not exactly like it.
Try watching Psycho Pass or some other Gen Urobichi work.
Old 2013-11-09, 11:45   Link #5
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Try watching Psycho Pass or some other Gen Urobichi work.
As far as I know Gen only wrote a LN and that is for Fate/Zero which wouldn't help in this case.
Old 2013-11-09, 13:46   Link #6
relentlessflame

*Administrator

These sorts of "help me with my homework/personal projects" threads aren't allowed on this site, so I'm afraid that I'm going to lock this thread.

But that aside, as a piece of advice, it's probably a really good idea to be a reader before you attempt to be a writer. Not necessarily of light novels (though you really need to check some of those out too so you understand the conventions), but certainly of novels in general. If you don't know what makes a good book, good luck in writing one. I'm also not convinced that it's a good idea to attempt writing a light novel for a foreign contest/industry as a starting point, particularly if you've never even "touched" a light novel before. What makes you think you could do a good job when you don't even know what the popular books are like?

Anyway, thread locked...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-11-09 at 14:17.
Closed Thread

Tags
dengeki bunko, lightnovel