AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-01-27, 21:04   Link #5521
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
The Week Late Train pulls into the last stop for the season, Episode 14.

Let's start out with a random comment. I forgot to comment about this last week. What the heck is up with the Haven police units have stereotypical movie active SONAR sounds coming from them? So weird.

That one White Fang guy was cruisin' for a bruisin' by raising his gun like that. That's a great way to get yourself shot; raise your gun at a force that is surrounding you and have their weapons at the ready already. Meanwhile , once again, sense of urgency eludes our characters as Blake, Adam, and now Sun stand around gabbing instead of actually doing anything. Oh, and I think Blake and Sun are totally close enough to have heard sounds coming from the fight inside the academy building. And... that gorilla roar by Hazel was so unnecessary. I laughed out loud at that. Sooooo bad...

The conversation between Yang and Raven was good. Yang laid into Raven pretty good. Tying into the post-credits scene with Tai (no pun intended), I am wondering if, in the future, we're going to see some reconciliation between Yang and Raven eventually, and whether that will occur absent the death of someone important to the family. Raven running away was predictable (aside from the fact that I already knew that since I read the comments on the episodes long before I see them). Surviving does occasionally entail bravely running away like Brave Sir Robin. Also, it sounds like the previous Spring Maiden wasn't anyone in particular that the audience could dream up, like the relative or someone in the cast, but just a nameless person found by Raven and who had trust in Raven to the end (as malicious an end it could've been, from a certain point of view).

I do want to know what the heck the place is that the relic was, though. I think I asked this last week, but... alternate dimension? An isolated place on Remnant? Another planet, such that that was basically a Stargate?

So, Leo... Salem calling someone a coward is interesting considering we've seen Salem do nothing herself yet, at least not directly. I'd call the execution of Leo a bit of a proxy fight, but whatever. He may be cowardly, but Leo shouldn't have been as dumb as to think he could've seriously gotten away there.

Meanwhile, in the lobby, we've got a Mexican standoff with no sense of urgency. Again. Emerald must really have a lot of misplaced faith in Cinder as a person, not just someone who also survives. But that image of Salem she put in everyone's minds was downright terrifying, I must say.

Can someone PLEASE get Yang's arm for her? It was just so weird seeing it sitting off to the side. I mean, really, someone just go grab it for her.

Anyway, Team RWBY has reassembled, which, by default, breaks up Team RNJR into... RNJ? JRN? NRJ?NJR? Whatever, let's just hope we stop splitting the party next season when we go see Atlas, where, hopefully, we'll get some more Winter, who I'm terribly disappointed in not having seen this season.

All in all, Season 5 was okay. It wasn't the worst season, it wasn't the best. We got some plot advancement. We got Team RWBY back together. We got to know more about certain characters important to various RWBY team members. It'll be a long wait to Season 6, but at least it's not ending on a crappy note like Season 3 did.

The Week Late Train will pull into the shed for some repairs, but be back next week since, apparently, the next season of RWBY Chibi started today.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-27, 23:30   Link #5522
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Anyway, Team RWBY has reassembled, which, by default, breaks up Team RNJR into... RNJ? JRN? NRJ?NJR? Whatever, let's just hope we stop splitting the party next season when we go see Atlas, where, hopefully, we'll get some more Winter, who I'm terribly disappointed in not having seen this season.
We now have Oskar, so it's probably Team ORNJ.
Old 2018-01-28, 05:32   Link #5523
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
We now have Oskar, so it's probably Team ORNJ.
Why is everybody trying to take away Jaune's team? JNPR still works in this case although I'm a little uneasy with it as it kind of a disrespect to Pyrrha to keep using the name. Maybe JONR?

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 08:15   Link #5524
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I would point out ORNJ is a color, I have no idea how to even pronounce JONR.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-28, 19:19   Link #5525
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Why is everybody trying to take away Jaune's team? JNPR still works in this case although I'm a little uneasy with it as it kind of a disrespect to Pyrrha to keep using the name. Maybe JONR?
Who would be the "P?"

Old 2018-01-28, 19:37   Link #5526
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Oscar Pine.
Old 2018-01-28, 19:47   Link #5527
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Come on, we all know Nora is the real team leader

Nora rules us all!
Old 2018-01-28, 20:20   Link #5528
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

They can't shove in Oscar through last-name basis. Team JNPR (Jaune-Nora-Pyrrha-Ren) goes with a first-name basis.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 00:08   Link #5529
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
They can't shove in Oscar through last-name basis. Team JNPR (Jaune-Nora-Pyrrha-Ren) goes with a first-name basis.
That doesn't need to be a hard and fast rule, though. Case in point: Team CRDL, where C, R, and D all come from first names, and then L comes from Sky Lark's surname.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-29, 02:24   Link #5530
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Personally though I don't think Oscar should be part of a team.
Old 2018-01-29, 06:51   Link #5531
Tenzen12

I don't see why not. Former JNPR are now one person short and Oskar regardless how cool mentor he got is still green as huntsman.

Well maybe Ilia could be valid alternative if she decided enrol, but she seems bit lacking in strength and it's much more likely she will try pay her dept to faunus community instead.
Old 2018-01-29, 06:58   Link #5532
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oscar isn't going to stay green forever though. Their personalities are supposed to merge over time.
Old 2018-01-29, 07:06   Link #5533
Tenzen12

That's exactly why should Oz hold himself back as long as possible and leave Oscar walk on his own legs, learning stuff and make friends with kids of same age. That's not something he should be deprived of for "greater good".
Old 2018-01-29, 08:20   Link #5534
Skulkraken

I'm calling it now, Sun will end up being the one joining JNR instead. :v

Honestly, the fighting this season felt just as floaty as the last one. Seriously, Raven's fight looked more like something out of DBZ, only with random slashing instead of punching.
Old 2018-01-29, 19:41   Link #5535
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
Oscar Pine.
Oh, okay. Thanks.

I guess to me it'd make more sense to use first names, but someone above said that's not the absolute rule...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulkraken View Post
I'm calling it now, Sun will end up being the one joining JNR instead. :v

Honestly, the fighting this season felt just as floaty as the last one. Seriously, Raven's fight looked more like something out of DBZ, only with random slashing instead of punching.
Well, it was two Maidens fighting...

Old 2018-02-01, 22:36   Link #5536
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Its been three years since Monty's death....

We still miss you Monty.
Old 2018-02-02, 03:20   Link #5537
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

RWBY just isn't the same without Monty.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 03:37   Link #5538
RDNexus

More times than not, have I wondered if the story has been changed or lost it's way after it's creator passed away...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 04:41   Link #5539
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

It definitely changed, but I won't argue that the story would improve with Monty around. Monty has always been an ideas guy, but Miles and Kerry were the guys handling the script.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-02, 04:59   Link #5540
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I think the only thing that suffers from Monty's absence is the fight choreography. All that stuff about the maidens and Ozpin and Qrow and such would have happened anyway.

Tags
action, cgi, fairy tale, fantasy, rooster teeth, rwby