AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-09-22, 14:29   Link #81
Requiem-x
The slacking one

That part with Mitsuboshi... a part of me was facepalming, the rest was grinning maniacally. At least one crazy got his comeuppance. My impressions were much more consistent and favorable seeing Satou tellin her demon aunt to shut up and help her. Look, that's about as much of a big hero moment as we're going to get here, so might as well enjoy it.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 01:36   Link #82
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

Seeing as how the anime surpassed the manga, does this mean the manga is ending too?
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 15:08   Link #83
Nivek von Beldo

This ending...that ending....woah, this series....seriously, hope the manga end the same, is just, woah

9/10, part of me want rated it higher but a little shaky and you always will get a lot of mixed feeling about our MC, the rest the series was so insane yet unique, touch very adult themes are rarely touched and even with satou insanity or thanks to that...

In a way reminds me a more grounded Kannazuki no Miko
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 15:24   Link #84
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

And nothing of value was lost, their world moves on.
Old 2018-09-28, 16:40   Link #85
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, at the least I'm happy that Satou finally truly learned what it truly means to love someone, even if it was in her last moments. At least she did one thing right there. Just got to hope that Shio comes to understand the meaning of Satou's protection, and learns once more to find happiness beyond merely the memory of the woman who wouldn't let her die with her.

Actually, it'd be kind of interesting to follow this up with a strangely-sweet story of a girl who, while sweet to everyone, remains closed off, unable to love anyone but the one person who died for her, and the person or people who manage to actually break through to her. It's rather interesting to see a descent into despair and madness, but far more than that I love stories about the overwhelming joy of escaping such an abyss. I got a bit of that at the end, but I want to see something bigger with Shio.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 03:28   Link #86
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well, this was quite the interesting anime, with a somewhat bittersweet ending...if I can call it that.
If there's one part that I liked about this last episode, it was Satou imagining what their life together would be like. It was really sweet.

One thing I didn't get though...even though I knew he had it coming, how did the teacher (Kitaumekawa) get arrested at the end?
Old 2018-09-29, 03:44   Link #87
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 06:02   Link #88
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 12:

No, Satou-chan!! Shio-chan mentally wrecked because her waifu died.

Onii-chan... remember that Shio belong to Satou even if she's gone.

10/10 + added to MAL and Animesuki favorites

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2018-09-29 at 09:55.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 06:21   Link #89
Sixth
Hu Tao

I didn't watch this anime but I was spoiled by someone about the ending.

So, why is the aunt got arrested in the end?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 06:55   Link #90
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I didn't watch this anime but I was spoiled by someone about the ending.

So, why is the aunt got arrested in the end?
She came out on herself to tell everyone, even in front of camera, that she was the one that set the building on fire. She is that crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
One thing I didn't get though...even though I knew he had it coming, how did the teacher (Kitaumekawa) get arrested at the end?
I have no clue either. It doesn't seem like there's anything that could have connected him to the death of Shouko, Satou or the arson.

I don't quite remember if he ever phoned or messaged Satou (in which case the police could have found out), or he might have been seen while he was stalking her and people only reported him after they found that the girl was dead, but that would still be pretty weak evidence.

Anyway this was a rather interesting anime and even more than the story I really appreciated how it was directed and how the madness of the characters was represented and visualized, with various ingenious effects, sounds and symbols. It deserves praise only for that.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 07:04   Link #91
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Maybe someone saw him disposing the "garbage" that Satou gave him?

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2018-09-29 at 07:16.
Old 2018-09-29, 08:11   Link #92
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I don't quite remember if he ever phoned or messaged Satou (in which case the police could have found out), or he might have been seen while he was stalking her and people only reported him after they found that the girl was dead, but that would still be pretty weak evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Maybe someone saw him disposing the "garbage" that Satou gave him?
Maybe...eitherway, it appears to be a case of "Show, don't tell" where we only see him being arrested, with no clear reason or even a foreshadow
...But I'm sure we all knew that he'd end up in jail.

It's a shame Shoko had to die, I liked her as a character...one of the few sane characters
Plus, she and Asahi looked good together
Old 2018-09-29, 09:08   Link #93
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
She came out on herself to tell everyone, even in front of camera, that she was the one that set the building on fire. She is that crazy.
I see. Thanks. So, did she really burn the whole building?
Old 2018-09-29, 09:24   Link #94
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Maybe...eitherway, it appears to be a case of "Show, don't tell" where we only see him being arrested, with no clear reason or even a foreshadow
...But I'm sure we all knew that he'd end up in jail.

It's a shame Shoko had to die, I liked her as a character...one of the few sane characters
Plus, she and Asahi looked good together
I'm sort of neutral on Shoko death. Well, she did have a terrible end... but it can also be blamed on her non-stop prying curiosity on Satou private life even after Satou told her not to. And ironically, it's also because of Shoko that Satou died.. oniichan would have a harder time finding the apartment if she did not send the picture.

And I know he's desperate to get Shio back.. but look the building is burning. Would it have been the end of the world if he let Shio and Satou get down the burning building first before he resumed chasing them?
Old 2018-09-29, 11:35   Link #95
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
I'm sort of neutral on Shoko death. Well, she did have a terrible end... but it can also be blamed on her non-stop prying curiosity on Satou private life even after Satou told her not to. And ironically, it's also because of Shoko that Satou died.. oniichan would have a harder time finding the apartment if she did not send the picture.
If there's one "big mistake" Shoko did (before things spiraled out of control), was hesitating during that talk between her and Satou, after she met her Aunt.

In VN terms, that scene would be an important "flag".

Quote:
And I know he's desperate to get Shio back.. but look the building is burning. Would it have been the end of the world if he let Shio and Satou get down the burning building first before he resumed chasing them?
Yeah, that bit of the end is somewhat wonky.

I also thought it was odd how Satou "overthought" Asahi's actions (thinking he'd still be down on the 1st floor), tried the 3rd floor then went to the 12th floor and finally aimed for the roof, instead of going down...(I know, it's to tie to the first episode, still...)

But hey, people can do strange/unexpected things during desperate situations...and that's what probably happened.
Old 2018-09-29, 12:01   Link #96
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
I see. Thanks. So, did she really burn the whole building?
Yes, she did, well, the whole top floor. It was something that she and Satou planned. Unfortunately Satou had to go back because she forgot her ring, or she would have long gone from there by that time according to the plan.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 17:59   Link #97
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Image:

Spoiler:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuCF...1g_yK8&index=1
Old 2018-09-30, 00:53   Link #98
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Yes, she did, well, the whole top floor. It was something that she and Satou planned. Unfortunately Satou had to go back because she forgot her ring, or she would have long gone from there by that time according to the plan.
Thank you again.
Old 2018-10-02, 19:31   Link #99
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Better late than never, Satou.

That... ended up being better than expected, in multiple ways. Really, it was about as happy of an ending as you could ask without going into ridiculous territory, though I could just be saying that because the a-hole teacher actually got punished and that put a big smile on my face.

About the series as a whole, all I can say it was a hell of a messed up ride, and yet, that's what made it, maybe not enjoyable, but at least fascinating to watch. Its not every day, or every season, you get to see a yandere acting like an actual psychopath rather than a rowdy girlfriend with a taste for violence, and a pretty smart one at that. The other party being an adorable little girl with baggage of her own made it even more unique, and certainly more attractive for a certain type of fan. My biggest complain would be that we didn't get to see more of Satou being a total mastermind, but I suppose you also needed to show her fallible side as well, which is pretty interesting in itself.

...do I really need to say what the ugliest moment was? sigh... Satou, you moron.

There's one more contender I need to binge, but this was easily some of the best this season along with planet with. Not sure if I should hope fothis level of insanity to return anytime soon, but I'll gladly welcome any show as interesting as this one.

Edit: Forgot to add, Shio was really cool at the final episode.

Last edited by Requiem-x; 2018-10-02 at 22:55.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-02, 21:02   Link #100
Applehell

Quote:
He seemed waaay too desperate at the point to be thinking of anything else so I'll give him a little slack on that.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horror, loli main heroine, yandere, yuri/lesbian