AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-09-04, 02:30   Link #30741
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Hi guys, so I've just decided to start in gunpla (since I have some spare money this month and... you know). I want to know which are the most noob-friendly models ones to start. I was thinking on buying a First Grade Wing Gundam and a First Grade Strike Gundam to start. It is a good choice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
No, first grade are not good and you will not even get close to what gundam is all about. First grade are only usefull to learn how to panneline and paint.

Get at least a 1/144 HG kit to start with. 1/100 HG's are even simpelere because of the bigger pieces, but you only have seed/seed destiny or 00 to choose from.

I second this

Also guys, it seems that the Astray Noir is not all Bandai is gonna throw at us:

Looks like a Unknown color Astray Unit with a Aile (modded?) Pack and some slight changes

Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 02:32   Link #30742
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Hi guys, so I've just decided to start in gunpla (since I have some spare money this month and... you know). I want to know which are the most noob-friendly models ones to start. I was thinking on buying a First Grade Wing Gundam and a First Grade Strike Gundam to start. It is a good choice?
Honestly, you can start with whatever you want too, a first-grade is too simple, and they look horrible.

Start off with a 1/144 NG or hell, if you feel like it, a 1/100 MG - Buy a kit you think look good and give it your all. Just make sure you have the proper tools or you'll have Nubs everywhere.

Building gunpla isn't harder than building Legos. Making them look really good requires some painting and/or panel lining though. But it's not a hard hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Also guys, it seems that the Astray Noir is not all Bandai is gonna throw at us:

Looks like a Unknown color Astray Unit with a Aile (modded?) Pack and some slight changes

" Astray Blueframe with too many goddamn Spikes and Aile striker " and " Astray redframe Dual-wielding Tacticoolsword-blaster " ?
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 03:22   Link #30743
maknaedik

The blue frame seems to use the new v-fin that comes with the caltfflkvnsdklgsdn sword (cause I can't spell nor pronounce it). Somewhat, its bagpack looks similar to Aile pack and not the Red Frame's flight pack.

Though I obviously like red, seems like Red Frame just doubled its tactical arms, which is cool, but the idea is impractical and not that unique.

But now the question is, are they gonna be exclusive again? I hope yes, actually. I want newer ones that these recycled ones.

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 11:09   Link #30744
Zeydra
A random passerby

It's been a while and everyone has probably moved on, but just going back to that Sazabi, if that's anything to go by it seems to me the Sinanju is going to remain the pinnacle of a Char style suit in master grade as far as looks go. I've never been a fan of the Sazabi if I'm honest, and the make over so far hasn't convinced me. But still its early days, I'll wait and see what it looks like properly coloured up before I make final judgments.

Also I came in to the lounge room today to find gravity has finally started to take its toll on my Age-fx's hand holding its giant blaster.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 12:41   Link #30745
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Good Christ, one of those Tactical Arms swords is big enough, especially with how the Red Frame's has like five different goddamn modes. Now there's gonna be one with TWO of 'em!?
Old 2013-09-05, 10:32   Link #30746
helois

i feel the connection point of the two shield in Fenix Unicorn,will keep the two tactial arms.. XD
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 23:03   Link #30747
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So on top of the HG 00 kits, I'm not adding in the 3 HG Gundam X kits and the HG God Gundam and HG Shining Gundam. =)
Old 2013-09-06, 18:54   Link #30748
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Anyone know if any 3rd party groups are going to be selling recasts of the Caletvwich sword?
Old 2013-09-06, 19:06   Link #30749
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
Anyone know if any 3rd party groups are going to be selling recasts of the Caletvwich sword?
It's actually "Caletvwlch"
Anyway, your best bet (or one) is to buy from GG Infinite.

http://gginfinite.com/HG-1-144-Astra...lch-Combo.html

http://gginfinite.com/Hobby-Japan-Oc...aletvwlch.html

It's apparently sold out at HLJ. You could try Gundam Planet or Tatsu Hobby to see if they could special order it for you.
Old 2013-09-06, 21:41   Link #30750
Illsteir
ARX-Fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Destiny~ View Post
For the 1/144? I don't know any. But for the 1/100, BTF (the guys behind the GN Full Saber) will be releasing one.
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...aletvwlch.html
Old 2013-09-06, 22:32   Link #30751
suiton629
Master Grade Master

I wouldn't trust any third party company for knock off Bandai products or knock offs of anything PlaMo/Gundam related.

If you're going to be enjoying this hobby, then put the money towards the company that makes it officially.
Old 2013-09-07, 02:26   Link #30752
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
I wouldn't trust any third party company for knock off Bandai products or knock offs of anything PlaMo/Gundam related.

If you're going to be enjoying this hobby, then put the money towards the company that makes it officially.
Dude, the world is big. Bandai is not the ultimate company to get your Gunpla from. Sure, most of their products are the best, but not all of them. There are many cases where a third party company produce things which Bandai never made, or things which are equal or better and cheaper than Bandai’s. Just to name a few: BTF Full Saber for 00 Qan[T], MG Liaoya for Shen Long, MG Strike Freedom’s WoL effect, HG AGE-1 Razor DM, HG 1/144 Qubeley MC Model, 1/100 Kshatriya, etc.
Old 2013-09-07, 06:52   Link #30753
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Dude, the world is big. Bandai is not the ultimate company to get your Gunpla from. Sure, most of their products are the best, but not all of them. There are many cases where a third party company produce things which Bandai never made, or things which are equal or better and cheaper than Bandai’s. Just to name a few: BTF Full Saber for 00 Qan[T], MG Liaoya for Shen Long, MG Strike Freedom’s WoL effect, HG AGE-1 Razor DM, HG 1/144 Qubeley MC Model, 1/100 Kshatriya, etc.

People can do what they want, but I'd rather just stick with only Bandai products.
Old 2013-09-07, 09:27   Link #30754
~Destiny~
Tra La Laaaa~

Send a message via MSN to ~Destiny~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illsteir View Post
For the 1/144? I don't know any. But for the 1/100, BTF (the guys behind the GN Full Saber) will be releasing one.
http://www.gundamkitscollection.com/...aletvwlch.html
I was actually looking for the 1/144, but this is even better
Old 2013-09-09, 07:26   Link #30755
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Are these worth purchasing?

Master Grade
Master Gundam
Spiegel Gundam

High Grade
Master Gundam w/ Fuunsaiki
Nobell Gundam
Nobell Gundam (Berserk Mode)
Old 2013-09-09, 09:04   Link #30756
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
Are these worth purchasing?

Master Grade
Master Gundam
Spiegel Gundam

High Grade
Master Gundam w/ Fuunsaiki
Nobell Gundam
Nobell Gundam (Berserk Mode)
If your a fan, off course . Why don't you order all gundam models at once, saves us the trouble of having to read your questions about them every time.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 21:39   Link #30757
suiton629
Master Grade Master

So uh, what happened to MG Age-3 Normal and MG Age-FX? We haven't seen anything aside from those prototypes shown a while ago.

I wonder if Bandai just plans to splurge out the rest of the Age MGs all at once in 2014 Age-1 Full Gransa, Age-3 Normal, Age-3 Orbital, Age-3 Fortress, Age-FX, and Age-FX Burst

Old 2013-09-10, 08:17   Link #30758
Knight-of-Gold

Put on hold indefinitely. More Wing and UC MGs on the way instead. Possibly even some build fighter MGs.
Knight-of-Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 08:22   Link #30759
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight-of-Gold View Post
Put on hold indefinitely. More Wing and UC MGs on the way instead. Possibly even some build fighter MGs.
You think Build Fighter will get MGs when we didn't get any for GunPla Builders?
Old 2013-09-10, 09:54   Link #30760
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

GunPla-Builders wasn't a full-fledged show or a OVA that had anything to do story-wise with any of the other shows.
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy