Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-24, 13:25   Link #22
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midrange
Spoiler:
Kinda like my second theory. I'm suprised it's consistant with this chapter as well. But...
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-24, 14:38   Link #23
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I think this episode was well done. Sure they might've left out some interesting things such as explaining the post-war rise of the Sonozaki family, but time-wise they were able to incorporate as much detail as possible. But the doll? I wonder why the staff left that out...

Otherwise, we are now finished with Onikakushi and Watanagashi. Onwards to Tatarigoroshi - while not as creepy as the previous two, it surely is going to be the most depressing.
Old 2006-05-24, 15:16   Link #24
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler:

Now, I just came up with a crazy theory of my own regarding Mion and Shion:

Spoiler for crazy speculation that MIGHT become a spoiler:

Last edited by Newprimus; 2006-05-24 at 15:33.
Old 2006-05-24, 15:24   Link #25
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Kinda like my second theory. I'm suprised it's consistant with this chapter as well. But...
Spoiler:
More about Rika will be revealed in Himatsubushi-hen, the 4th chapter. It's the final question chapter, and it throws a pretty big curve ball. So watch for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Otherwise, we are now finished with Onikakushi and Watanagashi. Onwards to Tatarigoroshi - while not as creepy as the previous two, it surely is going to be the most depressing.
What are you talking about? The bath___ scene scared the crap outta me,
"No way... NO WAY.... SATOKOoOoO!! Σ(゜Д゜;) omgomgnonononoSatokOOOOO"

Like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova

Σ(゜Д゜;)
That's a very well thought out theory. But damn, you got all that from "Onee"? (゜Д゜;) If only I could tell you more...

Last edited by Sushi-Y; 2006-05-24 at 15:39.
Old 2006-05-24, 19:18   Link #26
SickC
What is love?

Quote:
Spoiler:

I totally agree you here.
This assumption may be the most close theory of what happened in Wata

And here's what I think why Onee wanted to kill Satoko and possibly Imouto
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-24, 23:23   Link #27
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-25, 01:09   Link #28
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Spoiler for Are you guys saying:

For some reason I think someone might be reading into things a little too much.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-05-25, 01:39   Link #29
USCPharmacist

The twins really mess with people's mind don't they? I doubt we'll be able to tell them apart for sure before the answer arcs, and I don't think we'll have all the answers even then.

From watching episode 5-8, I think I can make some educated guess, however.

Assumption:
Mion love K1 and is a good girl.
Shion may or may not love K1 and she is a fu_knut.

Going by this I think the first Mion we saw was the real Mion.
Reason: Mion was sad that K1 gave the doll to Rena, and the mofo also commented how Mion was too "manly" for dolls.

The Shion at Angel Mort the first time was Mion.
Reason: Why would Shion care a rat arse what K1 think? They should've never met, and I doubt listening to your sister about her dream guy will make you blush to stranger. Also Shion should've been working there for quite some time, why would she be embarrass with a dress she wore everyday? That Shion was just too familiar to K1 to be someone that even Rena the Sherlock Holmes has never noticed before. Her sad look as K1 left also struck me as more Mion like than Shion.

The Mion at school afterward should be Mion.
Too comical and nervous to be Shion. Also she was embarrass about being a waitress the other day to change the subject immediately and ran away.

Lunch box Shion is Mion.
Proven in the episode. But notice how she mentioned about K1 being the customer, Mion should not know that, but she did. It is possible that Shion told her about the incident but I think she sounded like as if she experience the event herself.

Back at school the Mion should be Mion.
No need to swap there Although I would like to mention why would Mion work at all? What the hell kind of Yakuza lord with supernatural power work in a store as a clerk or work as a waitress, shouldn't she be collecting "protection money" from stores?

The Shion at the Angel mort the second time should be the real Shion.
Reason: Well it was proven in the episode, but something buged me. The Shion here was a confident girl who seem to be able to rip a new one out of those goons even without the zombies...I meant villagers help, not the timid Shion we saw at the begining of the episode. She was also a good liar, a smooth talker and very manupulative. Very different from the stuttering fool at the begining of the episode.

Finally the Mion at the end of episode 5 should be Mion.
Also notice how the sad look on Mion's face match that sad "Shion"s face after K1 left Angel Mort the first time.

Anyway I am sleepy now, I will continue to make more guesses in other episodes after I rewatch them a couple time first.
Old 2006-05-25, 02:08   Link #30
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
Spoiler for Are you guys saying:

For some reason I think someone might be reading into things a little too much.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-25, 02:16   Link #31
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
But is there any decisive proof to support that claim? Or is this nothing more than a theory?

With respect it is an interesting theory and as possible as it is I seriously think that's a little extreme. Would they really completely forget who they really are? However I do look forward to the rest of the episodes to see if your theory holds true.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
Old 2006-05-25, 03:27   Link #32
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCPharmacist
The twins really mess with people's mind don't they? I doubt we'll be able to tell them apart for sure before the answer arcs, and I don't think we'll have all the answers even then.

From watching episode 5-8, I think I can make some educated guess, however.

Assumption:
Mion love K1 and is a good girl.
Shion may or may not love K1 and she is a fu_knut.

Going by this I think the first Mion we saw was the real Mion.
Reason: Mion was sad that K1 gave the doll to Rena, and the mofo also commented how Mion was too "manly" for dolls.

The Shion at Angel Mort the first time was Mion.
Reason: Why would Shion care a rat arse what K1 think? They should've never met, and I doubt listening to your sister about her dream guy will make you blush to stranger. Also Shion should've been working there for quite some time, why would she be embarrass with a dress she wore everyday? That Shion was just too familiar to K1 to be someone that even Rena the Sherlock Holmes has never noticed before. Her sad look as K1 left also struck me as more Mion like than Shion.

The Mion at school afterward should be Mion.
Too comical and nervous to be Shion. Also she was embarrass about being a waitress the other day to change the subject immediately and ran away.

Lunch box Shion is Mion.
Proven in the episode. But notice how she mentioned about K1 being the customer, Mion should not know that, but she did. It is possible that Shion told her about the incident but I think she sounded like as if she experience the event herself.

Back at school the Mion should be Mion.
No need to swap there Although I would like to mention why would Mion work at all? What the hell kind of Yakuza lord with supernatural power work in a store as a clerk or work as a waitress, shouldn't she be collecting "protection money" from stores?

The Shion at the Angel mort the second time should be the real Shion.
Reason: Well it was proven in the episode, but something buged me. The Shion here was a confident girl who seem to be able to rip a new one out of those goons even without the zombies...I meant villagers help, not the timid Shion we saw at the begining of the episode. She was also a good liar, a smooth talker and very manupulative. Very different from the stuttering fool at the begining of the episode.

Finally the Mion at the end of episode 5 should be Mion.
Also notice how the sad look on Mion's face match that sad "Shion"s face after K1 left Angel Mort the first time.

Anyway I am sleepy now, I will continue to make more guesses in other episodes after I rewatch them a couple time first.
Well if that's true, then Shion didn't even meet K1 till the second Angel Mort part. I mean she recognized him easily and all...
Old 2006-05-25, 03:40   Link #33
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DingoEnderZOE2
But is there any decisive proof to support that claim? Or is this nothing more than a theory?

With respect it is an interesting theory and as possible as it is I seriously think that's a little extreme. Would they really completely forget who they really are? However I do look forward to the rest of the episodes to see if your theory holds true.
At this point, yes it's still a theory. And I don't believe they forgot who they really are...or at least, maybe they might've for a little bit as they live their roles over time.

Likewise, I really look forward to Meakaishi-hen.

But Satoko's chapter comes first for now.
Old 2006-05-25, 03:45   Link #34
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
I suppose it's not needed for a viewer to come to that theory
Trust me, that was a critical clue. I can't comment on the correctness of your theory (even though I really want to), but any gamer who watches the anime knows that it's not even trying to provide the viewers with a solvable story: they're simply skipping out on too many things and focusing only on the suspense horror stuffs.

Make no mistake, even with the game, it's still all but impossible to predict the "truth" with 100% accuracy. If you had a theory that was anywhere *close* to the truth, then that's enough for a "pass".
Old 2006-05-25, 13:13   Link #35
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Trust me, that was a critical clue. I can't comment on the correctness of your theory (even though I really want to), but any gamer who watches the anime knows that it's not even trying to provide the viewers with a solvable story: they're simply skipping out on too many things and focusing only on the suspense horror stuffs.
It's possible they might re-insert that clue in somewhere inside Meakaishi-hen (which I know nothing of right now). Maybe they're really trying to leave these question chapters as real question chapters.
Old 2006-05-26, 00:04   Link #36
nubby

Damn this show is confusing. Everyone here keeps making their own theory about who is who but what I'm wondering is what is the motive for all the killing? Why mass murder? Why kill your own sibling? The more I watch this show, the more confused I get =p
Old 2006-05-27, 01:27   Link #37
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Sigh... I still like my triplets theory. There's Mion, Shion, and .....oh I dunno, Prion (Plion), who has the mad cow disease and looks like a walking corpse. This explains everything.

I still haven't gotten to waitress Shion in Watanagashi-hen(game), and Satoko's anime story is going to air soon :/

The only thing that comes to mind about Sushi-Y's Onee clue is, why is Shion still calling Mion onee after all the torture? Why not anee, nee, or simply てめ~~?

Last edited by Eleutheria; 2006-05-27 at 04:12.
Old 2006-05-27, 06:48   Link #38
Beyond the Shave

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-27, 08:23   Link #39
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This episode was just "WTF!" all the way through, but its just what i wanted from a Higurashi anime, really good stuff.

It makes sense at the end about what happened, its just why/how it happened - and the fact that we didn't see the scene with Rika killing herself from the start of the chapter as got me wondering a lot more.

I knew what was going on with Shion all along.. damn you Higurashi fan book. ^^;

Nexted chapter looks really good..

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2006-05-27 at 08:51.
Old 2006-05-27, 08:58   Link #40
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

For some reason I expected more. Now I am even more confused than before watching the episode. I need to watch it a few times before I can come up with some good explanation for these events.

Spoiler:

Closed Thread