AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-15, 17:43   Link #21
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Just going by those designs alone, i'm already looking forward to this more then the second game.
This. This just by going by looks alone is leagues ahead of the 2nd game, which sadly makes me really really wish I had this for my PS3 on my big ass TV
Well I guess I'd have to wait for the next VC game for that.

I think I'm with DC20 here on tha the type of characters I want to see, I really want my Dirty Dozen types not what I'm seeing atm but I could be proven wrong, just gotta wait and see.

Looking forward to the who the Imps are, I believe I spy a blonde female
Old 2010-09-15, 17:54   Link #22
DC20

If there ends up being a love triangle I am going to go out on launch day and, instead of picking up the game, I'm going to buy a bottle of scotch and a handgun to blow my ****ing head off.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 18:14   Link #23
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Yep. Bad Company!

I knew it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 20:19   Link #24
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
OH COME ON!

PSP again!?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:15   Link #25
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
OH COME ON!

PSP again!?
Is this bad? I don't see the problem with PSP, especially since it ends up keeping me off my grandmother's shit list (she likes to watch TV in the afternoons - she can't with me occupying the PS3 to play VC, can she?)
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 21:40   Link #26
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Now while VC2 didn't strike a cord in me enough to warrant me buying a PSP this so far is.

While not on my list of thigns to buy at the moment future light on this game may just make me have to purchase a PSP.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 00:51   Link #27
Snowman24

Watched the new trailer for VC3, live streaming and... it looks FREAKING awesome. I think the opposition, or atleast some of them are "Evil" Darcsens... have to watch it afew more times just to be sure, don't take my word for it.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 04:10   Link #28
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I Just watch the trailer and your right Snowman. Two of the bad guys are Darcsens........Imperial Darcsens!

Oh the irony, the Empire's unwanted versus Gallia's unwanted.
Old 2010-09-16, 04:46   Link #29
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Is said trailer on the internet yet?
Old 2010-09-16, 04:56   Link #30
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Is said trailer on the internet yet?
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tg...onicles/704585
Old 2010-09-16, 05:01   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^Thanks a lot for the link MrTerrorist.

Yeah i'm sticking with my original comment. I'm so hyped for this, compared to the second game.
Old 2010-09-16, 05:06   Link #32
Westlo
Lets be reality

This looks really good, and thanks to VC2 I'm used to playing the PSP now so I don't mind it being on PSP again. While VC2 has a lot of faults the game play in VC 2 is still stellar. VC3 looks to be fixing many of the issues with VC2 and looks to have an more darker and grittier story than the first. Here's a post by duckroll on neogaf.

Quote:
Okay, from what I'm reading, it does seem pretty... anti-VC2, which is a bit surprising.

- There will only be about 20 characters in the story squad this time, not including guest characters.

- There might be less classes than VC2, they're looking at "quality over quantity" in terms of design, and wanting each class to be more unique and useful.

- There will be a lot less collection and grinding content, and there will be no multiplayer at all (wow!).

- The focus will be on delivering a story experience, and the game won't just be mission based like in VC2. It doesn't seem like they're abandoning the optional mission based selection in VC2, but it sounds like they want it to be more like VC1 where you can follow the storyline and story missions will unfold.

- Another interesting point is that the Command Map will be getting a complete overhaul, while the Action phase will also have much more actions available. Various characters will also have super modes unique to their character, and the Valkyria character can activate her Valkyria powers as an actual attack mode.

- Character growth will be much more individual this time round (this is probably one of the few things they're taking from VC2), because they want the player to be able to bring up more unique properties of characters as they get stronger.

Edit: Shit, beaten.
Really liking how this is shaping up, now lift something from Sakura Wars for the possible triangle Sega.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-09-16 at 05:20.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 05:24   Link #33
Solecs

Longer press release trailer (looks like streamed from the TGS event) found on NeoGAF:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npksDWpvDDk

Higher quality version courtesy of Firefly00 and VC3 website:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_isIKhvSC4

Looks like Squad 7 plays some part, you can also catch a bit of the classic Alicia Rush(TM).

Main site was updated as well, looks like. Can't view the video on there though . At least I can't see it. linked above.

Last edited by Solecs; 2010-09-16 at 14:59.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 05:34   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Oh wow, the extended trailer is so much better then the previous linked version.

It's really difficult to think against this game having a love triangle now. :P
Old 2010-09-16, 05:51   Link #35
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Is this bad? I don't see the problem with PSP, especially since it ends up keeping me off my grandmother's shit list (she likes to watch TV in the afternoons - she can't with me occupying the PS3 to play VC, can she?)
Uh, yes? Means that it's not on PS3. Which is bad. For whatever good things people are saying about VC2, the fact remains is that it's still on a handheld.

VC looks just plain awesome on a big screen with the power of a PS3 behind it. I'd like to see it come back to that.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 05:54   Link #36
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Uh, yes? Means that it's not on PS3. Which is bad. For whatever good things people are saying about VC2, the fact remains is that it's still on a handheld.

VC looks just plain awesome on a big screen with the power of a PS3 behind it. I'd like to see it come back to that.
lol it will go to 3DS before it goes back to PS3. As far as the Japanese market is concerned, handheld is king. 3DS is going to get more 3rd party support than the Wii in its first year alone lol.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 06:15   Link #37
Solecs

With any luck Sega has some people working on VC4 for the PS3 on the side. I'd expect the development time for a console game is longer than for a handheld title, so maybe they're releasing the PSP games to keep the series profile up until a major PS3 release. At least I can dream . At the very least they should spend some time optimizing the CANVAS engine, been playing VC1 and there are a lot of jaggies around things and some considerable slow down when the screen is busy (i.e. lots of grass, smoke, etc.).

RPGLand has some first impressions of the game up, and it looks like Riera will be a playable valkyria. You can use "special points" to trigger WMD mode for her.

http://rpgland.com/previews/vakyria-...mpression-tgs/

They've also got some screen shots and high res images for our female leads:

Spoiler for size:

more: http://rpgland.com/valkyria-chronicl...-full-trailer/

I wonder if you can have two tone hair like that naturally. Well, maybe not red/white.

Last edited by Solecs; 2010-09-16 at 06:36. Reason: Changed host for images.
Old 2010-09-16, 06:19   Link #38
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
Spoiler for size:
I much prefer Imuka out of the two, though it's a shame she's not voiced by Endou Aya.

& there's my new wallpaper~
Old 2010-09-16, 06:27   Link #39
Solecs

Quote:
I much prefer Imuka out of the two, though it's a shame she's not voiced by Endou Aya.

& there's my new wallpaper~
I'd agree, never been a big fan of the side-tie hairstyle. Ponytails on the other hand....
Old 2010-09-16, 06:30   Link #40
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I don't mind Riera's hair style, though it's the hair color i'm not that fond of.