AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 21
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 12 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 27 28.13%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 22 22.92%
7 out of 10 : Good... 14 14.58%
6 out of 10 : Average... 9 9.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 6 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 6 6.25%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-11-24, 19:41   Link #61
HandofFate

Rofl @ Asuna tentacle rape. Can't wait for the h-doujins.

Man, Asuna why in a rush, just wait till the scientist leave, they didn't even know you were there. No need to freaking sprint to a console that turns out to be in plain view of everything with no cover. Women...at least she got some kind of card key.

A lot more mellow episode when it has barely anything to do with the game.

Also damn Kirito you cold. Did he just seriously leave Leafa there lol. Is that really the end for her as far as this story is concerned? Wonder what Kirito's next female partner sidekick will be. Just like another season of Pokemon.
Old 2012-11-24, 19:44   Link #62
Insane
Banned

God, what's with those unnecessary fanservices in this eps? The whole tentacle rape scenes looked very lame and those slug things as the scientists's avatars just freaked the hell out of me. I bet it's because of Sugou's disgusting personality so that he made his staffs look like disgusting things.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 19:46   Link #63
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

By the way, does Asuna even know HOW to fly?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 19:49   Link #64
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Rofl @ Asuna tentacle rape. Can't wait for the h-doujins.
Tentacle rapes are a no, no!!!! Vanilla is a must!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
God, what's with those unnecessary fanservices in this eps? The whole tentacle rape scenes looked very lame and those slug things as the scientists's avatars just freaked the hell out of me.
It's creepy man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Is she even allowed to fly? Or the current mapped prevents one from flying.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 19:50   Link #65
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Even if she did, with the whole thing about there being a barrier around the tree and all that, wouldn't be surprised if the whole place was a no-fly zone, like many of the dungeons in this game.
Old 2012-11-24, 20:01   Link #66
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
get into the nearby compound to look for an admin terminal and investigate Sugou's experiments while she figures (knows?) he's away.
The cutting back and forth rather skews the timeline. But Kirito and Lyfa would have gotten to Arun around 3:00-3:30am, and Asuna had left her cell before then. In other words, Asuna left her cell for her escape attempt at roughly 2:00-3:00am. Not a guarantee, but still pretty high odds of Sugou being at home, asleep.

Assuming that the cutting back and forth is more for dramatic affect rather than to represent concurrency and Asuna's explorations taking several hours; a few more seconds and it's possible Sugou would have been woken up by the cops arresting him for questioning.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 20:09   Link #67
The Green One

Spoiler for Novel information about Asuna's escape attempt:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 20:43   Link #68
Vsin
Aldracity

Huh, I didn't expect them to completely eliminate that arc. I wonder if this means they'll be making the ending longer?

Hehe, the dramatic irony is killing me. Crying that she lost in love [to her brother] while crying on her brother's shoulder, neither knowing who the other is.

Similarly, the impression that if Asuna had pressed log out at that moment, she would have woken up with Kazuto holding her hand was actually really well executed. That wasn't in the novels - at most it was implied that Asuna's part was somewhere between the start of the missing arc and the end of this Ep. Arranging it this way really, really drives home how virtual and reality are so far apart, yet so close together.
Vsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 20:46   Link #69
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Even if she did, with the whole thing about there being a barrier around the tree and all that, wouldn't be surprised if the whole place was a no-fly zone, like many of the dungeons in this game.
It's possible (and I think that's probably the case inside the compound), but a lot of the shots they show of the rendition of the space above the world tree shows people flying there, because the whole point of getting to the top of that tree is turn into the race that can fly without limit. It'd be a bit silly to get there and be like "Okay, you can fly without limits now -- congrats! Oh, except you can't fly here because rules and all; you have to go back under the world tree and fly where everyone else can."

The reason the wall is there is presumably to make sure that people complete the world tree quest the proper way. Once a race does complete the quest, it's hard to say how things might change in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Similarly, the impression that if Asuna had pressed log out at that moment, she would have woken up with Kazuto holding her hand was actually really well executed. That wasn't in the novels - at most it was implied that Asuna's part was somewhere between the start of the missing arc and the end of this Ep. Arranging it this way really, really drives home how virtual and reality are so far apart, yet so close together.
Yup, I mentioned this earlier too, and I totally agree about this. It was a really touching way to converge the two timelines (even though the back-and-forth was a bit hard to follow for me sometimes). While Asuna is fighting in the virtual world, Kazuto is holding her hand in the real world. When Asuna isn't able to fight in the virtual world, Kazuto's in there trying to find her. It's totally sappy... but sweet at the same time.
Old 2012-11-24, 20:51   Link #70
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's possible (and I think that's probably the case inside the compound), but a lot of the shots they show of the rendition of the space above the world tree shows people flying there, because the whole point of getting to the top of that tree is turn into the race that can fly without limit. It'd be a bit silly to get there and be like "Okay, you can fly without limits now -- congrats! Oh, except you can't fly here because rules and all; you have to go back under the world tree and fly where everyone else can."

The reason the wall is there is presumably to make sure that people complete the world tree quest the proper way. Once a race does complete the quest, it's hard to say how things might change in the game.
Simple, the races that ascended are unaffected by the barrier. The same buff that removes their limitation on flight can remove their limitation by the barrier.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 20:54   Link #71
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Simple, the races that ascended are unaffected by the barrier. The same buff that removes their limitation on flight can remove their limitation by the barrier.
Hmm... that would make sense. But I suppose that goes back to the question that started the whole thing: independant on if she knows how or not (which I think she doesn't), could Asuna fly, and what limitations are placed on her? Of course it's academic because if she doesn't know how to fly, it's the equivalent of being limited (until such time as she meets someone who can teach her).
Old 2012-11-24, 21:00   Link #72
LunaToned

Am i the only one weirded out by Suguha's love for Kazuto o.o? Not only are they cousins, but they basically act like brother-sister..

I mean if it was some other non-related girl that had a major crush on kirito it might've been tolerable but his sister o_O?

Kirito already had like 3 other people in love with him and now this? Kawahara's mind boggles me.
LunaToned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:08   Link #73
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

WTF ?? Thats totally disgusting and creepy man ..... argg Tenti harassment ... Kirito that quite mean
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:08   Link #74
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunaToned View Post
Am i the only one weirded out by Suguha's love for Kazuto o.o? Not only are they cousins, but they basically act like brother-sister..

I mean if it was some other non-related girl that had a major crush on kirito it might've been tolerable but his sister o_O?

Kirito already had like 3 other people in love with him and now this? Kawahara's mind boggles me.
Well, aside from the fact that it's a very common trope, I actually think there is a bit more sense to this than there might have otherwise been. I suspect that part of it was accentuated by the trauma of him being in a quasi-coma for two years and her wondering if he was going to survive. So then, by the time he gets out of the coma, she's probably feeling a lot closer to him than she was before (as if she doesn't want to lose him again). I'm not necessarily saying that's all of it, but it does make a sort of sense to me. That in addition to finding out that she's not actually related to him (so a romantic relationship is not impossible) helps accentuate things.

When it comes down to it, I think the only two people that have really been "in love" with Kirito/Kazuto are just Asuna and now Suguha. Lisbeth had a crush that was quickly... crushed... and I don't think either Silica or Sachi were really love interests. As far these things go, I actually think Suguha's feelings have a bit more foundation than all the others except for Asuna.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:15   Link #75
Insane
Banned

Quote:

Didn’t the author himself admit that giving Kirito a harem was an idiotic idea since he had already chosen Asuna and actually went out of his way to apologize to the fans?

Even the author knows how ridiculous it was to give Kirito a harem. He only did it because he was young when he first started writing SAO (it was written in 2002 when he's still in school) and Kirito is a blatant self-insert (Read the Lns for confirmations) so the author thought it’d be awesome if everyone fell for him.

Now that he’s older and wiser (he’s also rewriting the SAO arc to make it less of a mess), he admits giving Kirito a one-sided harem was a terrible idea.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:19   Link #76
LunaToned

Quote:
Didn’t the author himself admit that giving Kirito a harem was an idiotic idea since he had already chosen Asuna and actually went out of his way to apologize to the fans?

Even the author knows how ridiculous it was to give Kirito a harem. He only did it because he was young when he first started writing SAO (it was written in 2002 when he's still in school) and Kirito is a blatant self-insert (Read the Lns for confirmations) so the author thought it’d be awesome if everyone fell for him.

Now that he’s older and wiser (he’s also rewriting the SAO arc to make it less of a mess), he admits giving Kirito a one-sided harem was a terrible idea.
I see.. well they shoulda at least "fixed" this with the anime.. production began what, like last year ?

Anyways, what exactly did he say when he apologized, if you know?

EDIT: also does he have any comments on some of the tentacle/fetish/hentai-ish content :P?
LunaToned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 21:26   Link #77
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
This sounds like a rumour based on a half-truth; he may not have done it this way if he had to do it all over again, but I'm not sure that an "apology" should really be taken at face value.

In any case, the anime is adapting the novels the way they were written, and they were popular based on what they were at the time, so this whole thing is a bit of an odd thing to offer as comment about it.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:27   Link #78
Insane
Banned

Quote:
I see.. well they shoulda at least "fixed" this with the anime.. production began what, like last year ?

Anyways, what exactly did he say when he apologized, if you know?

EDIT: also does he have any comments on some of the tentacle/fetish/hentai-ish content :P?
Spoiler for Volume 2 author's notes:

And

Spoiler for Volume 3 author's notes:

Also, in the later volumes, the author repeatedly continues to apologize and tries to change the trend.
Personally I don’t mind the harem/multiple crushes aspect. Most distinctively from other harems, Kirito is NOT wishywashy between the female leads and thus avoids being offensive by liking everyone at the same time/annoyingly indecisive. Also, each girl has a story, a relationship with Kirito, and various different reasons for being charmed by Kirito
Old 2012-11-24, 21:31   Link #79
HandofFate

the author spends the end of every volume apologizing for not being a better writer everytime. I wouldn't take any of it seriously. Typical japanese humble humility is what I took from it all each time.
Old 2012-11-24, 21:36   Link #80
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsin View Post
Huh, I didn't expect them to completely eliminate that arc. I wonder if this means they'll be making the ending longer?

Hehe, the dramatic irony is killing me. Crying that she lost in love [to her brother] while crying on her brother's shoulder, neither knowing who the other is.

If only they had sex. It would be very Shakespearian with such a "taboo."

I mean Alfheim has a lot of references to Shakespear, why not have them make love THEN find out that they are siblings? *Dramatic
Methuselah is offline   Reply With Quote