Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-21, 00:14   Link #61
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
As a law student, I want to be interested in this. I want to read the court documents, pleadings, etc. and understand them. But I know that I suck at the law and following this case would only depress me since I know absolutely nothing about the law.
I did a law submodule in school before, and I would say everything lies in the evidence provided by Activision - which I suspect to be fabricated.

EA has every right to poach them because this is how the business world works, the legal issues are mundane. The real problem here is the payout, CODMW is initially created by the two people before being published by Activision, therefore the creation rights (expression of ideas) belong to them, not Activision.

The underlying aspects of law are intention and consideration - workers have every right to repudiate their work contract, but companies do not have the right to deny rightful payment with regards to the rights of creative expression of their own workers, even if they are the representative of the company. Activision breached their fiduciary duties, not the two developers.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 11:44   Link #62
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Thanks for enriching my understanding of what's up. ^
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 07:50   Link #63
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Modern Warfare 3 developer plays down 9/11 imagery

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/co...1_imagery.html
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 07:57   Link #64
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Any news on SOAP and Price?
Old 2011-07-28, 09:32   Link #65
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Bowling gets (sort of indirectly) at a point of view I've held for a long time: apparently it's not children as a whole who have issues distinguishing game from reality. It's not like the proverbial heat hasn't been brought to various actual cities before... any of you remember Red Alert 2? Act of War: Direct Action? C&C 3? Never mind various movies... So, to all the people who, as one commenter put it, might 'make a thing' of it, here's a quick reminder: game != reality.

This could also apply to Germany and their phobia of Nazi imagery... it's hard to call it rational when you're apparently afraid to even have them as enemies in fiction, isn't it?
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 11:57   Link #66
JC...
I am a Pie

People are actually buying this game? Wow. And I thought I was an idiot for getting Black Ops.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 19:48   Link #67
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

People are buying Modern Warfare 3 since they think Treyarch was the one that ruined the experience for all those gamers that played Black Ops. Or atleast those addicted to the Call of Duty games in my house that still play Black Ops surprisingly.
Old 2011-07-28, 20:01   Link #68
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Black Ops has a surprisingly intriguing story, love me 'em grainy, flashing images, and of course- who doesn't like the "Fight Club" plot twist

Honestly? I don't think Modern Warfare 3 can top that, but if can bring out the same adrenaline pumping atmosphere, you can count me in.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 20:35   Link #69
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Any news on SOAP and Price?
They're now on Interpol's Most Wanted..but that's kind of already a given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC... View Post
People are actually buying this game? Wow. And I thought I was an idiot for getting Black Ops.
Yeaaaahhh man.

Probably not at launch, but eventually.
Old 2011-07-28, 21:18   Link #70
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

To be honest I'll still buy it and probably enjoy it but I doubt its going to be a highly engaging game with a deep and captivating story.

I cant really see myself going outside of the single player or co-op modes though since from my experience the players its multi-player attracts are not really the sort I'd enjoy playing with or against.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 11:48   Link #71
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I'm noticing a lot of people saying how they're "admitting" to getting the game in due time. I understand why people are saying it like that, but really..

There really is no shame to liking or playing COD.
Old 2011-07-29, 12:08   Link #72
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
They're now on Interpol's Most Wanted..but that's kind of already a given.

Yeaaaahhh man.

Probably not at launch, but eventually.
I wont touch this game unless those two are definaly gonna be in it as the main characters or something..
Old 2011-07-29, 12:19   Link #73
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I'm noticing a lot of people saying how they're "admitting" to getting the game in due time. I understand why people are saying it like that, but really..

Cant say I've seen any of that here at least.

People probably don't like to admit they're conforming with the masses, That and it seems to have become cool to hate something popular.

A lot of my friends will buy it purely because a lot of their other friends are buying it as well and everyone wants to have something to play together.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 13:00   Link #74
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I know alot that was put off by BLOPS but will get MW3 none the less.
The "Modern Warfare" in the tilte does it's job at selling the series now(even if there are no dinosaurs)

Still I'm opting for Battlefield 3 instead and will have to see how my wallet fares after Uncharted 3 and Deus Ex which are higher on my list compared to MW3.

Just hope IW deal with the masses of Noob Tubers and Quick Scopers.
Old 2011-07-29, 13:10   Link #75
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:

Once something becomes to common or seems to be rehashed to much there begins to grow a perception amongst certain people that the fact you decline from playing somehow makes you a more refined gamer. So in some circles people have to *admit* to thinking about getting a COD game, when all the normal gamers are happily just skipping away with their copy on release day. I personally don't think I'll be getting MW3, but It does seem silly that people would have to feel guilty about buying it or enjoying. COD games ARE fun.

(Mind you, I probably had a boatload of nit picks about Black Ops that most people wouldn't care about, while I was still able to acknowledge the game was fun).
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 18:48   Link #76
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I wont touch this game unless those two are definaly gonna be in it as the main characters or something..
Why wouldn't they be? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Cant say I've seen any of that here at least.

People probably don't like to admit they're conforming with the masses, That and it seems to have become cool to hate something popular.

A lot of my friends will buy it purely because a lot of their other friends are buying it as well and everyone wants to have something to play together.
I see it less here, but a crapload in other forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Once something becomes to common or seems to be rehashed to much there begins to grow a perception amongst certain people that the fact you decline from playing somehow makes you a more refined gamer. So in some circles people have to *admit* to thinking about getting a COD game, when all the normal gamers are happily just skipping away with their copy on release day. I personally don't think I'll be getting MW3, but It does seem silly that people would have to feel guilty about buying it or enjoying. COD games ARE fun.

(Mind you, I probably had a boatload of nit picks about Black Ops that most people wouldn't care about, while I was still able to acknowledge the game was fun).
Yeah, I feel you man.
Old 2011-07-31, 09:11   Link #77
JC...
I am a Pie

I don't understand how people say they hate Treyarch's games but love the Modern Warfare series, aside from one or two tweaks and additions and new skin/storyline they're almost exact carbon copies of eachother.

If you own at least 3 Call of Duty games, you've owned them all. It's obvious the series is barely going to change, they know you're all going to buy it anyway. It's insane, the amount of good games coming out this year Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Human Revolution, Mass Effect 3 and people are still wasting $60/£40 on this astounds me.

I played CoD 4, great game. I played Modern Warfare 2, great new additions and revolutionised the series... Black Ops I regretted. I didn't regret it because of the additions and changes which somehow ruined the series like a lot of CoD purists say, I regretted it because I was ripped off. There was nothing revolutionary or exciting about Black Ops, the only thing I could state as a big change was the large Zombies maps.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 09:30   Link #78
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Pretty much what JC said, I generally get every other 'major' FPS shooter, or there about's. Not because I think it makes me 'cool' or whatever but that I find that they all seem to follow the same story. First COD I enjoyed, skipped a bunch got one of the last WW2 games before MW, got MW1 and 2, after that I think I got a couple BF games I can't remember theres probably a couple more in there.. but the point is they all play the same. WW2 story = kill nazis, MW/BF = kill terrorists, although the nukes were interesting. it's like how people harp on how all MMO's are WoW clones, I could say how all modern FPS's are the same too. Super soldiers charging down 'corridors' hiding behind chest high walls and admiring the three tone paint jobs have been getting kinda old.

Anyway I feel that you can skip a generation or two and not really miss anything. Admittedly some of the stuff in MW3 (perhaps more in BF3) are interesting physics wise and stuff (not story or gameplay), so I'll probably get one or the other.
Old 2011-08-09, 14:49   Link #79
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Spec Ops Trailer.

Old 2011-08-09, 17:52   Link #80
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
Pretty much what JC said, I generally get every other 'major' FPS shooter, or there about's. Not because I think it makes me 'cool' or whatever but that I find that they all seem to follow the same story...
I see what you're getting at; it's why I hope we keep seeing efforts to provide a different slant on the genre (Bulletstorm and Bodycount come to mind) - yeah, I like BF: Bad Company 2 as much as the next guy, but variety is the spice of life after all. Just consider the third-person space, where we have such varying entries as Uncharted, Vanquish, and Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon...

Quote:
Spec Ops Trailer...
Well, this is interesting. And if I read the explanation text near the beginning correctly, there's some sort of career progression associated with it... whether this is your overall career being referred to (as is the case in Blacklight: Tango Down) is open to debate.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote