AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2014-10-27, 10:17   Link #601
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake007 View Post
I would speculate the BB is a Zoan Type. Shanks got a triple scar by BB and that would be something in this direction, maybe. So he must have three DFs in him or at least by him. I also think that he has three alter egos which can handle a DF each.
the theory was he was a zoan type Cerberus. Cerberus has three heads. Its possible that he has three personalities, he can have two more powers since cerberus has three heads
Old 2014-11-02, 12:33   Link #602
ranchan13

Something that's bugged me since Ohara
the Ponyglyph block that can't be destroyed, and contains the lost history.
I hope I'm not the only one who thinks that the Lost Century, and the "enemy" that was mentioned were the Ds.

I believe the Tenryuubito are in fact NOT the true nobility, especially with the reveal of Dofi and Law's pasts. Perhaps it's actually the Ds who were meant to be the Tenryuubito.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 14:40   Link #603
TheWatchman

Just re-watched the Loguetown arc and I couldn't help but notice the familiarity with which Smoker speaks to Dragon considering he's the most wanted criminal in the world. Maybe something there although a family relation seems unlikely as I suspect Garp would have mentioned it to Luffy if Smoker was his uncle or some crazy thing like that haha.
TheWatchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-21, 12:27   Link #604
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I got the feeling that the "other kid" that the marines captured in the flashback (maybe it's that "Dorry" person that was mentioned by that pirate that originally possesd the ope ope no mi) will be an important character later on or could even be a character the we know already.
Old 2014-11-27, 12:41   Link #605
Clipens

After the chapter 769 i'm almost sure:
- Law will use his shichibuikai status to protect Dressrosa (because it's the last message of Corazon)
- Law will obtain the power of the hito-hito fruit in his "missing" arm (like Blackbeard stolen the power of his previous boss)
- Bellamy will became the leader of the first division of Straw Hats (formed by gladiators)
Clipens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 19:49   Link #606
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

This may come from left field but after re-watching and seeing Lola - from Thriller Bark Arc, give the MC's her mom's Vivre Card, I couldn't help but think or speculate that her Mom is actually Big Mom one of the Four Emperors. What do you guys think? lol

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2015-03-29 at 08:26. Reason: spelling
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 00:41   Link #607
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
^That's a popular and often discussed theory. However, there's not enough evidence to really support it at this point. Out of all the known female pirates, she's the most likely to be Lola's mom, but it is more likely that it's a character we don't know yet.
Old 2015-03-29, 10:11   Link #608
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

^Ok how about a couple more from Left field, lol
Nami is actually a child of a World Noble. And the same with Luffy's mom lol (though I know we haven't heard anything about her). well these idea's are out there.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Old 2015-03-29, 11:01   Link #609
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchman View Post
Just re-watched the Loguetown arc and I couldn't help but notice the familiarity with which Smoker speaks to Dragon considering he's the most wanted criminal in the world. Maybe something there although a family relation seems unlikely as I suspect Garp would have mentioned it to Luffy if Smoker was his uncle or some crazy thing like that haha.
There's a theory about Dragon being an admiral or a very strong marine before he became a revolutionary. It's widely accepted that his power is wind. In which case he could be called White Dragon. What supports the theory is how in asian cultures there's animal guardians and one particular country has a dog, a monkey, a seagull and a dragon as guardians.

I think that in the future we'll get to see someone with a water based logia. Reason I have for this theory is that BB's DF has the ability to negate DF powers near him, so it wouldn't be weird for something as broken as a water logia to appear at some time.

I think that Oda downplays Robin's fighting prowess because even simply using haki would make her incredibly strong, not to mention how versatile her DF is compared to other Paramecia.

----
I suspect that Kaido has a strong mythical zoan. Reason for this is that WB, DD and other bigshots throughout the show have pointed out that the difference between Roger's era and their current era, is that pirates with DF's aren't as rare. Heck, DD went as far as stating that DF's will be very important in the future (he has always been very knowledgeable on obtaining DF's and almost all his family members have one). What DD stated is proven due to the new super rookies wrecking havoc left and right, the Supernovas aka the "Worst Generation".

This in itself supports that Kaido has a DF, unless he has a very strong Haki (It took Shanks a lot to keep Kaido from going to Marineford and normally both guys are kept from meeting each other due to the marines).

We've gone through a lot of DF, but considering we already know most Logia it's safe to say that Kaido either has a Zoan or a rare Paramecia. Considering that most bosses are fighters and that Kaido has recruited xDrake (and has an army of smile users), it's very likely that he has a Zoan DF. Kaido's known to bear the title of strongest man on earth in One Piece, so his Zoan needs to be either a strong animal or a Mythical or Ancient Zoan since those are very strong. Kaido recruited xDrake, so I'm leaning towards him having a mythical Zoan DF more. We've already seen that mythical Zoan DF's are even rarer than Logia DF's and are capable of going toe to toe with Logia DF's.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 12:31   Link #610
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravagerblade View Post
^Ok how about a couple more from Left field, lol
Nami is actually a child of a World Noble. And the same with Luffy's mom lol (though I know we haven't heard anything about her). well these idea's are out there.
Funnily enough, there is a similar theory about Sanji, him being royalty of some sort, which is why his face is never shown on wanted posters. Again, little to no evidence, but I sort of like the idea.
Old 2015-03-31, 00:41   Link #611
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Funnily enough, there is a similar theory about Sanji, him being royalty of some sort, which is why his face is never shown on wanted posters. Again, little to no evidence, but I sort of like the idea.
I thought there was literally nothing in the photo like a vampire or just all black or something. The photographer was looking at the picture and could have sworn he took one of Sanji. I'm sure Sanji still has a big secret reveal coming up.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-05, 01:26   Link #612
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

*sigh* well this is a hopeless thought, but can you blame me lol.
If Kuma could push away pain/injuries, if he was still coherent with his own will at the Marineford Arc could he have saved Ace? I think it could be possible. Pushing all that pain back onto Akainu would be Poetic Justice!

Also what are the total effectiveness of the Heal Heal Fruit from that Dwarf Princess? If it can replace lost limbs.... Shanks may be able to get his left arm back.... then henceforth Mihawk and Shanks can duel again! lol (Though some would consider that disrespectful of what Shanks did to lose that arm) O.o

Quote:
I thought there was literally nothing in the photo like a vampire or just all black or something. The photographer was looking at the picture and could have sworn he took one of Sanji. I'm sure Sanji still has a big secret reveal coming up.
That could very well be true.
Sanji is a prince from Flevance! lol

A What If!
What do you guys think of if Luffy and Crew couldn't get to Robin in Time? and She was sent to Impel Down.
What would you want to happen aftwards.? (if this is ok for this thread lol) Personally I like the Luffy goes alone road.
Think we will see Boa at all in the New World? I wonder how that would be explained lol. Her home should be in the Paradise part of the Grand Line Calm Belt's.

I get the feeling Dragon will die within the story. What he left behind Luffy will pick up after him, of course he wont go anytime soon, but eventually though the title of World most Dangerous Man would probably fall to Luffy so one way that happens is Dragon Dying.
__________________________________________________ _________________________________

2/17/2016
What if now that we know Devil Fruits can 'Awaken' Would that give rise to the user being able to somehow be able to swim again? Considering It's rare to awaken it wouldn't be that Overpowered, just allows the user to gain back what was once lost, with the mastery of the DF. Reason is that the status quo has changed.

Last edited by Ravagerblade; 2016-02-17 at 19:11. Reason: Though of something new
Old 2017-08-03, 20:01   Link #613
BPD Renegade

After rereading bits and pieces of One Piece out of boredom, it's time to dust the cobwebs off this thread with some questions and speculation:

Was it ever explicitly verified that the child Makino is seen holding is actually her biological child and not a child by adoption? My initial assumption was that it was Makino and Shanks' kid, but upon a second read through, I'm now second guessing this. The hair coloring on the child doesn't match either of the two, and it wouldn't make as much sense for Dadan to be that happy over Shanks' child. In fact, the coloring and Dadan's reaction are leading me to give a second thought towards something I was somewhat incredulous about before: the speculation that Bonney's hatred towards Akainu was because she and Ace were an item.

Why this? It's unlike Oda to put something out there that won't eventually be touched upon. If this kid belongs to Shanks or Makino, I don't quite see where it might come into play. Sure, it could be a plot point when we eventually run into Shanks again, whenever that may be, but it seems strange for a world so intent on maintaining a balance of power to suddenly antagonize a Yonko out of the blue. If it were Ace and Bonney's, however, using the kid as leverage would be much simpler.

The Reverie is coming up soon -- the Reverie which is held in Mariejois where the Gorosei just happen to reside. In Dressrosa, we learned that the government was willing to pay five billion for the Ope-Ope no Mi, which can perform the eternal life operation. That plan failing, what's the next best option? Bonney's devil fruit power, which was speculated to be a possible reason for why the government and Akainu were afraid of her escaping "again."

I'm curious if this kid and the upcoming Reverie are what will bring Bonney, who we've only seen on the run for the past few years, back into the plot. It could also pave the way for some details on what exactly is hidden in Mariejois and on the Gorosei.

Other points:

Against:
-There was no mention of it from Ace before his death. (Although the same could be said about Sabo's existence prior to the post-Marineford flashback.)

For:
-With the power balance in the new world in turmoil for the past two years, why would Shanks go all the way back to the East Blue?
-It could have just been a fling on Ace's part. And if Bonney was a captive of the government, well, people tend to live it up when they taste freedom for the first time in a while.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-22, 14:12   Link #614
ZaRRoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPD Renegade View Post
After rereading bits and pieces of One Piece out of boredom, it's time to dust the cobwebs off this thread with some questions and speculation:

Was it ever explicitly verified that the child Makino is seen holding is actually her biological child and not a child by adoption? My initial assumption was that it was Makino and Shanks' kid, but upon a second read through, I'm now second guessing this. The hair coloring on the child doesn't match either of the two, and it wouldn't make as much sense for Dadan to be that happy over Shanks' child. In fact, the coloring and Dadan's reaction are leading me to give a second thought towards something I was somewhat incredulous about before: the speculation that Bonney's hatred towards Akainu was because she and Ace were an item.

Why this? It's unlike Oda to put something out there that won't eventually be touched upon. If this kid belongs to Shanks or Makino, I don't quite see where it might come into play. Sure, it could be a plot point when we eventually run into Shanks again, whenever that may be, but it seems strange for a world so intent on maintaining a balance of power to suddenly antagonize a Yonko out of the blue. If it were Ace and Bonney's, however, using the kid as leverage would be much simpler.

The Reverie is coming up soon -- the Reverie which is held in Mariejois where the Gorosei just happen to reside. In Dressrosa, we learned that the government was willing to pay five billion for the Ope-Ope no Mi, which can perform the eternal life operation. That plan failing, what's the next best option? Bonney's devil fruit power, which was speculated to be a possible reason for why the government and Akainu were afraid of her escaping "again."

I'm curious if this kid and the upcoming Reverie are what will bring Bonney, who we've only seen on the run for the past few years, back into the plot. It could also pave the way for some details on what exactly is hidden in Mariejois and on the Gorosei.

Other points:

Against:
-There was no mention of it from Ace before his death. (Although the same could be said about Sabo's existence prior to the post-Marineford flashback.)

For:
-With the power balance in the new world in turmoil for the past two years, why would Shanks go all the way back to the East Blue?
-It could have just been a fling on Ace's part. And if Bonney was a captive of the government, well, people tend to live it up when they taste freedom for the first time in a while.
i get what you are trying to say but regarding makinos child there is literally 0 clues. it could be shanks kid as well as some other normal guy. we dont know that yet. if that kid is important we might probably know in the reverie arc or another arc when shanks becomes involved.
like right now shanks is a powerful yet distant entity. once he comes into action we might get some insight on to his past.
regarding bonney, most people suspect her to be helping the gorosei stay alive. it could be true or not but there is a relation she has with the world government. considering how akainu didnt try to kill her right away event though she is a supernova. it is a very good possibility considering the nature of gorosei.
the other supporting evidence could be that gorosei actually know the history of the world. why am i saying that?
doffy was a heavenly dragon but didnt know the history and there were no hints of if he knew. the only hint was the treasure. the scenario would be gorosei being alive since the dusk of void century and knowing it. but it can be something else too but this is what i think it is.
ZaRRoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-26, 00:07   Link #615
Sparda4
Dark Knight

Spoiler for MANGA SPOILERS:
Old 2020-12-31, 02:02   Link #616
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I was just wondering, if the Awakened devil fruit angle wasn’t a one time thing, could we see an awakened zoan with Kaido? What would that look like?

Also what DF do you think would be the strongest awakened? I was just watching some old Impel down episodes and thinking if Magellan, one of the most powerful characters in the OP universe awakened his fruit, my god it would be ridiculously overpowered.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-04, 21:24   Link #617
cyberdemon

The more I read the more I can’t help wonder if Garp is actually a revolutionary spy if not it’s true leader.

1. Rogers surrendered himself but most of the WG thinks Garp captured him making him a hero to them. Future actions after that are essentially handwaved due to his status.
2. He took in Ace despite being Rogers son and hid him despite the WG being more than willing to kill a baby.
3. He drove both Luffy and Ace into such a corner, while trying to turn them into “marines”, that they both turned to piracy.
4. Let’s Luffy get away on multiple occasions.
5. Turned down admiral status to avoid being under the celestial dragons thumb.
6. If he took part in rescuing Ace, he would’ve blown his cover. He had to make the sacrifice for the greater good despite wanting to fight Akainu.
7. There is no way he didn’t know Shanks was around Luffy as a kid unless he wanted Shanks to influence Luffy.
8. He’s happy when Luffys bounty goes up. Maybe it is a relief to him that Luffy is more and more capable of protecting himself from the WG.
9. Naming his son Dragon? The Celestial Dragons should’ve taken notice.
10. By taking on a mentor roles he could subtly influence new recruits to eventually join the revolutionary army. Particularly idealist like Koby who are still flexible.

Last edited by cyberdemon; 2023-03-04 at 21:37.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 21:05   Link #618
electricmastro

I get the feeling Kid and Law ended up the way they did so that Shanks and Blackbeard would t get in Cross Guild’s way. If Oda is really pushing for Cross Guild to capitalize on what Buggy said about being Pirate King, then it would surprise me if Cross Guild had nothing to do with his decision.
electricmastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-31, 18:33   Link #619
cyberdemon

Speaking of Buggy. What are the chances it’ll turn out he has a devil fruit on par with Nika Nika no Mi? They are directly opposed with Luffys being blunt resistant while Buggy’s be slash resistant. Frankly it sounds par for the course. Blundered into being a warlord, blundered into being an Emperor. What if his devil fruit awoke and he turned into being a god based devil. Thus he becomes the final boss of the series lol