AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-05, 09:56   Link #1001
justavisitor

Well, Junpei rushes to Nishino's house...and then after eating, he ends up in her room, wearing sleeping cloth...and then he knows her parents are back, but he still leans toward Nishino after that and Nishino tells him to turn off the light!!!! Afterward, it's dawn, Junpei walks away from her house, and Nishino smiles happily...(the translation I read even puts out a narrator line saying their relationship has gone a big step forward...)

So now this is a one million dollar question (I know this is old cliche, but spare me here): What did Junpei and Nishino do between night and dawn, while turning off the light??

1)Sleep separately
2)hmm..do something they "love" to do
3)Nishino brings out a copy of resident evil, since she thinks it's better to play that game in dark

So yeah, take you pick ppl XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-05-05, 10:01   Link #1002
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

That was intentionally left vague, for the readers to speculate, I guess. In my mind, there's no way he slept with her. But your mileage may vary.

Old 2009-05-05, 10:45   Link #1003
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
That was intentionally left vague, for the readers to speculate, I guess.
It was a clever move to me... i cant forget that this manga was written by a woman, so i guess they love to kept these kind of things only for them.

But in my eyes, they made love... as simple as that.
Old 2009-05-05, 10:47   Link #1004
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

See? That's why it's speculation - everyone is bound to have their own opinion over something as vague as this.

Old 2009-05-05, 11:01   Link #1005
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
It was a clever move to me... i cant forget that this manga was written by a woman, so i guess they love to kept these kind of things only for them.

But in my eyes, they made love... as simple as that.
It's more like that was published in the Shônen Jump and that was better to leave things vague instead of having problem with PTA association (like what has happened with episode 16 of Gundam Seed)
Old 2009-05-05, 11:35   Link #1006
Fran~
floating away...

^ yup, im agree with both of you. That's why i said that it was a clever move... kawashita or the editor understood that you can tell things without showing it.
Old 2009-05-05, 14:29   Link #1007
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
How is it a tragedy if everyone was happy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Everyone but Silent Jealousy.... that's the point.
pardon me, brothers...
i think i clearly stated this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Jealousy View Post
i don't think the ending is a tragedy
@Fran~
well, i believe all of us blessed with the ability to read clearly
yes, i have no interest in joining the battle of fanboys...that's the point

Last edited by Silent Jealousy; 2009-05-05 at 15:09.
Old 2009-05-05, 15:13   Link #1008
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

And what made you think we were all (other than Fran~) referring to you?

Old 2009-05-05, 19:42   Link #1009
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
That was intentionally left vague, for the readers to speculate, I guess. In my mind, there's no way he slept with her. But your mileage may vary.
I agree with you there. I don't think he made it to home base, but rounded them a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
It's more like that was published in the Shônen Jump and that was better to leave things vague instead of having problem with PTA association (like what has happened with episode 16 of Gundam Seed)
That would be an important part, lol. But for Gundam, she was tired and naked in the bed, so yeah.

I might have to re-read this manga sometime.
Old 2009-05-06, 11:11   Link #1010
Eastern_Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
... but I can also say that when Junpei sees Aya hanging out with a handsome guy, he is also only thinking about aya and he is not thinking about Nishino at that time...
It's very easy easy for him to think about Aya because she's always present physically. But re-read his moments with Tsukasa...

Last edited by Eastern_Mage; 2009-05-06 at 11:23.
Old 2009-05-07, 11:21   Link #1011
Silent Jealousy
Gold Saint

Quote:
And what made you think we were all (other than Fran~) referring to you?
and what made you think i also mentioned you?
Old 2009-05-07, 12:15   Link #1012
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

You quoted my reply in your post. Obviously, you went and edited it afterwards. So, there.

Old 2009-05-07, 13:00   Link #1013
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
So now this is a one million dollar question (I know this is old cliche, but spare me here): What did Junpei and Nishino do between night and dawn, while turning off the light??
I thought it was still at night at before and after Junpei's at her house. . I need to quick read it again.
I think he just kissed her. lol

Old 2009-05-07, 16:39   Link #1014
justavisitor

That chapter is 154 lol I believe...
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2009-05-11, 10:11   Link #1015
Eastern_Mage

On 154 I think they did, as there are several cues shown right before and after that 'act'. I'll point them out as soon as I re-read the manga. Loved the manga, really...and also the final pairing.
Old 2009-05-20, 10:33   Link #1016
amuy

Anyone an idea if there will be a new project of Kawashita any time soon?
Haven't heard of her since Hatsukoi Limited...
Old 2009-05-20, 13:15   Link #1017
KoroshiyaX
X

Generally, in Japanese Manga and Anime, when they show an intimate scene of a girl and boy in bed at night time, followed by a scene of the sky full of sparkling stars, it can only mean one thing...

I can't think of many examples at the top of my head, but I have seen many precedence in other works. Actually, a perfect one would be Suzuka chapter 147 page 14.

And given that they're both... *inexperienced*... lol... it would probably only last for a few min so its not surprising that he'd be able to leave soon after when it is still night time.
Old 2009-05-21, 11:43   Link #1018
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by amuy View Post
Anyone an idea if there will be a new project of Kawashita any time soon?
Haven't heard of her since Hatsukoi Limited...
Yeah I haven't heard about her either since the Hatsukoi Limited failure... Hopefully she will do some good manga, that would be popular enough with a strong characters (not weak ones like in Hatsukoi) so that it would stay popular rather than going down in an instant and then forced to end.
Old 2009-05-21, 11:52   Link #1019
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

She did do a one-shot on those virgin suicides story, didn't she? Other than that, yeah, not much new, unfortunately.
Apart from her writing - which I won't get into - her art is very solid and sorely missed.

Old 2009-06-09, 15:16   Link #1020
cloudninja

Just finished this series recently so I just wanted to vent for a bit. Please forgive the long post as doing this tends to make me feel better once I vent.

The end of chapter 144 along with 145 was when Junpei decided to start dating Nishino again but he did'nt decide with a clear head. In chapter 143 there was a misunderstanding where people thought Toujou had a boyfriend and when Junpei tried to talk to her she ran off because she had just taken off her bra and he bumped into her, so she was embarrassed and took off. He thought she was avoiding him which was true but not for the reason he had thought and later saw her run to her brother who he thought was her boyfriend. It shocked him because he did'nt think that there was another guy who knew her as well as he did and what about the 3 years he had spent liking her. He was thinking that maybe she had liked him (Junpei) but seeing her run into the arms of another guy put doubt in his mind and he felt hurt because he thought she had already chosen someone else over him. Later he walked to Nishino's cafe workplace without realizing it and while talking to her he was thinking that he should'nt have seen Nishino while his head was still messed up. But when she offers herself to him he takes the opportunity and says he wants to go out with her again.

I'm disappointed that such a misunderstanding helped push him into making that decision. His state of mind over his disappointment at his situation with Toujou probably made him tired of everything and so since he thought there was only one good option left instead of two, he took it. It's like he was tired of his own indecisiveness and decided to make a choice at that time and stick with it. Toujou did'nt know that Junpei was dating Nishino again until chapter 149 when he tells her that, still thinking that Toujou had a boyfriend. The misunderstanding about her brother was'nt cleared until chapter 151, so I think about 2 weeks passed before the misunderstanding was cleared. It was too late at that point because he had spent time shifting his feelings over to Nishino and had probably tried to forget about Toujou. I think he felt it was too late and he should live with his decision.

While re-reading chapter 163 I was struck by how much regret there was for both Junpei and Toujou. Junpei was wondering if Toujou still had feelings for him because he did'nt know what happened when they had fallen asleep while studying. She told him that she had given him a kiss and could now move on and Junpei in his thoughts was embarrassed at himself for only appearing to have moved forward when he had not. So he was still wavering at that point. Even when she was walking away he thought out "turn around one more time" then "no, don't turn around" as he cried, so he had not moved on from his feelings for her yet. She was crying as well as she walked away so it was maybe just a brave front she was showing him by saying she had moved on. I wonder what would have happened if she had not said that she had moved on. He later cried as he thought back on how Toujou was probably the only one who could make him feel anything was possible and how they would probably be together now if they had realized each other's feelings earlier.

Toujou's only weakness was her shyness which prevented her from confessing until it was too late. She was otherwise perfect for Junpei. He was attracted to both her body and mind plus they shared similar dreams and inspired each other in their pursuit of their respective fields of writing and filming. Junpei deserves a large share of the blame too because of his indecisiveness despite a large window of opportunity during the manga to confess himself. All it would have taken was a confession by either one and everything would have fallen into place. In chapters 135-136 Junpei said to himself that if her movie confession had been real then he would have had no problem choosing, because Toujou was the one he was thinking about most around that point in time.

Anyway I guess it's like life where misunderstandings can snowball and lead to consequences that people regret. Junpei himself at the time had known that he should'nt have seen Nishino in a messed up state of mind while Toujou unfortunately probably never knew that the misunderstanding about her brother played a major factor in Junpei's decision. The lesson is that it's hard to live with regret over things that you should have done so at least give it a try instead of being passive over something you really want to happen.

I just wanted to vent because it kind of messes me up for a day or two when I feel sad over what happens to a character I like, so please forgive the long post. It makes me feel better. I like Nishino too but I wish Junpei's decision was clear-headed and not influenced by a misunderstanding like that because it seems so unfair to Toujou after all the time they've spent together.

Last edited by cloudninja; 2009-06-09 at 15:18. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Tags
drama, perverted, romance, shounen