Old 2019-10-31, 19:16   Link #81
Liddo-kun
is this so?

@Marina2

yeah, looks like she has no underwear at all in that art. ><
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-04, 11:59   Link #82
arkhangelsk

Seen, and this really is one of the better episodes. I still don't think it matches up to the original, but it isn't bad. They were also smart enough to skip the magic explanation, too.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-04, 14:06   Link #83
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, this for one was at least better than the previous eps. Especially Reina. I really don't have any complaints there (only major change being that originally she incinerated EVERYONE before help came), or anything significant with Pauline or Mavis' stories either. The fact that they took half a volume, full of fun stuff, and cut it to bare bones to fit half an episode does annoy me, but even there they somehow managed to make it bearable, if barely. Well done for the series this ep. If I had to complain, I'd admit I'm uncertain why they changed Adele's reaction to being approached by Marcela. I'd have loved to see her jump up eagerly at the thought of "potential friends" coming to talk, running to her room, bouncing with joy and anticipation before running frantically to get enough chairs for her "new friends". I don't get why they made her think they wanted to beat her up. I mean, it still fits well enough, it just seems odd to change that.

I just hope they give Marcela and her friends (who don't even get names here) more time, as they are fun in their own way. Their misadventures are plenty entertaining.

Last edited by BWTraveller; 2019-11-04 at 14:40.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-04, 14:50   Link #84
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

So, what happened to Pauline's family? Or, for that matter, to Adele's? Do they stay unavenged?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-04, 22:01   Link #85
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well that was a bunch of random backgrounds kind of wondering how much of Adele past was true
Old 2019-11-04, 22:10   Link #86
BWTraveller
Born to ship

It was true. All of it. As I said before, the one big thing changed in that part is switching from her jumping with joy when Marcela approached her under the impression she wanted to be friends to her trembling with fear that she wanted to beat her up. Though this is kind of more accurate to Marcela's initial intentions (though originally Adele never caught on to that at all).
Old 2019-11-05, 05:59   Link #87
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 5:

Reina has the worst back story among all of them. I won't be surprised if she wanted to kill robbers they've encountered.

Funny how Miles gained the sympathy of her rich classmate. So it was Marcelina who gave her those clothes. Also nice that Miles is self aware of the trope that she is a reincarnated person with broken powers. xD

Oh, and I'm a cat lover.. so I'm glad Miles is kind to cats.
Old 2019-11-05, 11:56   Link #88
HandofFate

good backstory episode, Reina was most tragic.
Actually liked Pauline's story with the mom and daughter set together on getting revenge.

Miles was adjusted a bunch and left some scenes out, but I guess it passes. My favorite detail left out was how the trio lost it when Miles remarked how excited she was to be close to buying her second pair of underwear.
Old 2019-11-05, 12:45   Link #89
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I wonder if they changed things around in part to get rid of the arranged marriage plot points. The LN made a big point that typically second and third daughters of nobles and merchants, save the most exceptional ones, tended to end up in arranged marriages or as mistresses in a manner that bordered on human trafficking. Pauline's first introduction even included her speculating that once she returned home her "new father" would try to sell her off. Not sure how that would have gone over. I didn't mind, since it's not really all that unrealistic for a medieval, feudalistic culture.
Old 2019-11-06, 13:53   Link #90
PastPrime

One thing, going for the Cinderella look for Miles family. Her Stepmother was supposed to be lovely, and also her HALF SISTER. Her father was trying to steal what should be her inherited (from her mother and grandfather) title for his daughter by his, at the time of her birth, mistress. And, because of the magic she taught them, all three of her friends became much more desirable when it came to marriage.
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 07:59   Link #91
myopius

Did Miles really tell them all of what the anime showed her experiencing in the flashback, besides the parts directly related to reincarnation (like what she recalled the god saying to her)? Did she tell them about Nano-chan? Did she tell them she actually faked being a vessel of a goddess and summoned lightning? (That scene was hilarious. Truly the most over-the-top way to solve the problem, that almost feels like a chuuni delusion...)

The girls didn't seem to comment or react strongly to the subject of her powers and feats, so it feels to me like all they heard about was her political/social history with her family and friends, and how she had to move around for various reasons.
Old 2019-11-08, 08:05   Link #92
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Pretty sure she didn't talk about the nanos. At least, in the older versions that was among the things she didn't tell them. She made up stuff about being naturally gifted or something to explain away her power without mentioning the nature of magic or "God" or reincarnation. Pretty sure she told them about pretending to be a goddess though. Considering the things she'd done in front of them by now, I'm pretty sure they'd believe she could pull it off.
Old 2019-11-11, 13:01   Link #93
arkhangelsk

They didn't do badly this episode. It is kind of a "What If" scenario - what if the wagon convoy made it to Amroth without meeting the army troops.

And is it just me or is there overall a decision to raise the relative capabilities of the enemies compared to the light novel?
Old 2019-11-11, 16:08   Link #94
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
And is it just me or is there overall a decision to raise the relative capabilities of the enemies compared to the light novel?
Looks at the rock lizards which originally were able to knock Mile out of the ring and on the first round could only be dealt with by incineration (until further strategizing led to an effective plan)… Looks at the graduation exams... Yeah I'm sorry but I do not see that.

And yeah, I can see this being a "what if" and it's not as bad as the previous stuff, but I do still miss the larger scale fight in the books, with multiple hunter groups, and enough intelligence to not just jump to conclusions and declare that the first bandits met must be the villains that've been slaughtering merchants on the road. This's good in its own way, and again an improvement overall, though.
Old 2019-11-11, 19:31   Link #95
arkhangelsk

But there is episode 1, the golem cracking Mile's shield and this time the mage that can stop Lena's fireball.
Old 2019-11-11, 20:11   Link #96
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Maybe one or two, but it's definitely not consistent. And frankly I found the shield breaking to be odd, considering...
Spoiler:
Old 2019-11-11, 22:13   Link #97
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Reina is really to hot head when it comes to bandits running off to face them all alone good thing she got good friends to back her up

Pauline smacking down Adele on wasting money
Old 2019-11-12, 06:11   Link #98
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6:

hmm, so the neighboring empire goes on commerce raiding killing merchants carrying goods for the kingdom. Miles and friends expose the evil plot of the empire and beat the soldiers.

Episode felt fine when I watched it. Certainly some enjoyment is still there. However, it feels like the show lacks replay value. I don't feel like rewatching an episode of this anime, but I've rewatched Azur Lane ep 6 and Rifle is Beautiful ep 5 like three or four times already. I will still continue to watch this, but feels like the weakest among the shows I'm still following this season.

EDIT:

dropped

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2019-11-13 at 08:10.
Old 2019-11-14, 14:08   Link #99
PastPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 6:

hmm, so the neighboring empire goes on commerce raiding killing merchants carrying goods for the kingdom. Miles and friends expose the evil plot of the empire and beat the soldiers.
Spoiler for source material comparison:

Last edited by LKK; 2019-11-14 at 17:56. Reason: added spoiler tag
PastPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-15, 07:50   Link #100
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Miles not liking to kill any enemy reminds me of the pacifist loli from Egao no Daika..