AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 20:54   Link #101
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Man I think I'm going to rewatch Hanasaku Iroha actually now
That is a good idea. 1080p would be perfect too. And episode three is the best one.
Old 2012-04-30, 21:06   Link #102
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
And episode three is the best one.
Now Ohana can SHINE in glorious 1080P

I still have a preference for episode 7 though
Old 2012-05-01, 00:40   Link #103
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Now Ohana can SHINE in glorious 1080P

I still have a preference for episode 7 though
Episode 7 is GODLY. (Seriously, I loved the comedy of those survivalists and how you'd think maybe she'd get fired, but it kept backfiring on her and they loved what she was doing).

Yeah, I guess I am a Okada fan if I loved Episode 7 of Hanaseku Iroha. Episode 3 wasn't bad as people make it out to be.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 01:04   Link #104
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Episode 7 is GODLY. (Seriously, I loved the comedy of those survivalists and how you'd think maybe she'd get fired, but it kept backfiring on her and they loved what she was doing).

Yeah, I guess I am a Okada fan if I loved Episode 7 of Hanaseku Iroha. Episode 3 wasn't bad as people make it out to be.
Well episode 3 was written by Okada herself while episode 7 wasn't.
That reminds me,Okada wrote half the episodes of HSI herself,for the other half she surrounded herself with industry veterans that each wrote multiple episodes for HSI.
However the one exception was episode 7,it was written by this guy....That just leaves me going "WTF?"

Wonder if something happened and they asked a random employee to write the script
Old 2012-05-01, 07:17   Link #105
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Are you guys trying to implicitly piss me off? Everyone knows Demisoda is a PA Works fanb--

Episode 3 pissed me off to no end . Episode 7 was silly and kinda bad but hey I laughed, particularly at the "Drop your cocks and your socks" bit . But Episode 3 was BRS level of bad as it was utterly stupid. Turned the show from, serious but not overwrought teen drama/coming of age story into a ... I don't know what it turned into. They just made a buttmonkey out of the worst character in that series. GJ! Shame on you Mari Okada.

And given how Okada has had a few screws loose inside her head for the past year (Aquarion EVOL, BRS and now AKB0048), I'm actually glad she's not writing Tari Tari, even though "not so melodramatic" slice of life/dramas seem to be her best type of series. But I seriously doubt in her current "condition" she won't pervify or "wtf troll" whatever she's handling .

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-05-01 at 07:31.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 20:16   Link #106
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Are you guys trying to implicitly piss me off?
Perish the thought, whatever gave you that idea ... ?

In anycase, I ended up re-watching episodes 1, 7 and 18, for some reason skipping 3 for the time being, even though it's (supposedly) a Nakochii episode

I'm actually rather surprised at how good the show was. I mean yeah, I remember loving it and parsing episode 7 for giving us more insight and a great character story for Tomoe that was both fun and helped me appreciate her a lot more, but I haven't realized until now just how much this show really succeeds in it's message not only by the writing but moreso with it's visuals and in such a short amount of time.

Hmm, I think I'll be headed to the Hanasaku forums in a minute ...
Old 2012-05-04, 22:01   Link #107
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Are you guys trying to implicitly piss me off? Everyone knows Demisoda is a PA Works fanb--
No, not everyone is in on a conspiracy to piss you off, even though it may feel that way.

It's ok though. I agree with you that episode 3 was piss awful and while episode 7 fell more under so bad it's good, I can see why you didn't like it. Okada didn't write 3 IIRC, however considering the worst aspects of that show tends to be the excessive parts of Okada's perversions it tends to make one rage.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-04, 22:20   Link #108
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
No, not everyone is in on a conspiracy to piss you off
Indeed.

It's just the majority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Okada didn't write 3 IIRC
Actually, she did. All the first 4 episodes where her handywork.
Old 2012-05-04, 22:49   Link #109
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:

Episode 3 pissed me off to no end . Episode 7 was silly and kinda bad but hey I laughed, particularly at the "Drop your cocks and your socks" bit . But Episode 3 was BRS level of bad as it was utterly stupid. Turned the show from, serious but not overwrought teen drama/coming of age story into a ... I don't know what it turned into. They just made a buttmonkey out of the worst character in that series. GJ! Shame on you Mari Okada.
..But Hanasaku Iroha 7 is like the bestest episode ever!

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 01:14   Link #110
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
I'm actually rather surprised at how good the show was. I mean yeah, I remember loving it and parsing episode 7 for giving us more insight and a great character story for Tomoe that was both fun and helped me appreciate her a lot more, but I haven't realized until now just how much this show really succeeds in it's message not only by the writing but moreso with it's visuals and in such a short amount of time.
My reactions to Hanasaku Iroha over the year has been quite weird. I remember raging like a madman whilst it was airing whenever there was a "bad" episode, and fanboying pretty hard whenever there were "good" ones. I'll just copy and paste whatever I posted on another thread a while ago:

Spoiler for HSI Spoilers:

As you can see, I had some rather "interesting reactions" . I actually don't agree with what I actually posted back then anymore though lolz (except for episode 3 and 17. I will forever hate those).

But funny enough, as time passes, I'm beginning to appreciate the series more and more as time passes. And no it's not just because of the visuals, though I won't lie, it did play a big part :P. I actually re-watched the whole series about a month ago (on glorious 1080p blu-ray) and I figured out why. It had relatively good mixture of light-heartness and seriousness spread amongst its 26 episodes. It was moe all right, but was in no way ever felt "moeblob" to me, and I never felt like it crossed the "melodrama threshold" because when it did become dramatic at times (the pilot ep and episode 11) came about, it was deserved melodrama. And even its "filler" or "low-key" eps were vastly more entertaining than your average slice of life/moe (aka "K-on clone") series. It was "quality moe" or "moe with substance" if you wanna call it that.

Hoping Tari Tari is like that, though that 1st PV was rather questionable... Oh well, we still have HSI: Home Sweet Home in the near future!

Contrast this to how Anohana 2nd half or Black Rock Shooter ended up (which Mari Okada also wrote). That was ugh too much for even me and I'm usually tolerant of that stuff (hey, I love "shipping trolling", enough said!). Funny enough Anohana is a series that whilst it was airing I enjoyed significantly more than HSI whilst it was airing, but as time passes I'm not caring about it. I recently dropped it from 8/10 to 7/10 on my MAL as it's not becoming memorable. In fact, the 2nd half is a source of unintentional comedy for me due to how wangsty it was . If it wasn't for Yukiatsu and Tsuruko, I don't think I will rate it a 7 these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
..But Hanasaku Iroha 7 is like the bestest episode ever!
That's because you're a Tomoe fanboy .

Seriously, I don't get your love for her (and totoum's love for Aiko). I mean, they are both so irrelevant!

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2012-05-05 at 01:42.
Old 2012-05-05, 03:25   Link #111
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Hana Saku Iroha was like
Spoiler:

Also, Aiko and Tomoe. Wait, who?

Quote:
Actually, she did. All the first 4 episodes where her handywork.
Well I guess that drives home the issue with her perversions.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:17   Link #112
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

refresh my memory. what was ep 3? and yes, ep 20. true tears cameo. 15/10. best ep in the series! haha.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 21:39   Link #113
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
refresh my memory. what was ep 3? and yes, ep 20. true tears cameo. 15/10. best ep in the series! haha.
Episode 3 was the Jiromaru focus episode. It's the one where he steals the truck and the Kissisuou gang has to chase after him.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-05, 22:11   Link #114
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Episode 3 was the Jiromaru focus episode. It's the one where he steals the truck and the Kissisuou gang has to chase after him.
Don't forget the goddamn stupid bondage scene.

People were also speculating that Okada was impliedly having a go at Yakaman in regards to what happened in Fractal by making him... as pathetic as possible. Though of course, that's only a rumour.
Old 2012-05-06, 12:08   Link #115
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Don't forget it had the best fan service of the year!

http://randomc.net/2011/04/17/hanasaku-iroha-03/
Old 2012-05-06, 15:07   Link #116
Goggen

Quote:
Don't forget it had the best fan service of the year!

http://randomc.net/2011/04/17/hanasaku-iroha-03/
Way over the top. I don't think it was "good fan service" at all, but that's me.
Old 2012-05-06, 15:09   Link #117
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Naw, it was good because it came out of no where and it wasn't the usual cliche fan service. Plus it was hilarious that he wrote a story like that. I remember it for our discussions and reactions towards it too.
Old 2012-05-06, 15:19   Link #118
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Naw, it was good because it came out of no where and it wasn't the usual cliche fan service. Plus it was hilarious that he wrote a story like that. I remember it for our discussions and reactions towards it too.
Not only was the story written, it was included in the first BD volume's booklet. Let's just say what you saw was somewhat tame by comparison.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-06, 16:06   Link #119
Goggen

Quote:
Viewed strictly as comedy I guess I don't have an issue with it, but I was a little disappointed to see people respond to it as fan service for the purposes of OMG sexyness. On that level, it was anything but attractive in my eyes.
Old 2012-05-06, 16:09   Link #120
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

It was fan service on multiple levels, which PA Works usually does.

Tags
p.a. works, studios