Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-06, 14:40   Link #2581
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Let's try asking Lyger's crew to translate it, otherwise I'll call for help on Tumblr.
That's.

Really.

Long.

@_@

Uh, well, it starts with Mayuyu gushing about how much she loves Macross F for a bit (her favorite character is Ranka). Kawamori is all, "Ah, I'm honored to hear that." (by the way, that shirt he's wearing is fabulous)

Talks a bit about Mayuyu's otaku hobby, goes on to discuss the difference between live action acting and voice acting. Probably nothing you haven't heard before about live action vs. voice. Kawamori gets into some deep advice about expressing emotion from the subconscious and using your diaphragm and whatnot.

Kawamori had some rather interesting observations about Mayuyu's performance style, which Mayuyu herself was surprised to hear. He said that the other girls often grip the mic real tightly, while Mayuyu holds it very lightly and even gestures with her fingers as she performs. "It's as if your whole body, right down to your fingertips, is dancing." When Mayuyu acts surprised, Kawamori asks, "Do you do it unconsciously, you think?" "I think so." "Then keep up the unconscious good work!"

They talk about Chieri a bit. Mayuyu asks why the change of personality and Kawamori says it's primarily because she found out what her father does for a living. Furthermore, since she's the daughter of such a powerful man, she's often in danger and whatnot, so her family made her learn self-defense (that explains the uber waif-fu she displays). "But she's still the same person on the inside," Kawamori adds, "and that sometimes shows up, for example when she's just woken up." Mayuyu says that she's not a morning person either, but she's not as cute as Chieri is after waking up.

Oh yeah, apparently next season the 0048 members might find themselves on galactic variety shows. They must have been talking about this ages ago, during pre-production, because in the Kibou ni Tsuite special feature, where Satou Amina, Satou Sumire, and Ishida Haruka visit Satelight, they're discussing the variety show at the script meeting. Also, Chieri's dad will have more significance in the story, which will of course affect Chieri's character...

No secrets revealed about Mayuyu MK3 and whether she's an android or what. Still open to speculation. Apparently in-universe it's Mayuyu's little trade secret, and if asked about it she'll change the subject. Mayuyu (3D) points out that Mayuyu (2D) eats a lot, while she's just the opposite in real life. Kawamori says he wanted to distinguish the successors from the original members, so he intentionally made some parts of their characters opposite to the originals and had different people cast to voice them.

Mayuyu says she really liked how the anime related to the experiences and hardships real AKB members have to go through. Kawamori mentions again that they had to exaggerate it in anime form, but even then he thinks reality tops the anime. Mayuyu talks a bit about the special meaning the song "Shonichi" has for Team B, how it's a song about the emotions of new members and is to this day still her favorite AKB song.

Is it just me or are there a lot of idol songs about being an idol? I've noticed this with Vocaloid too: tons of Vocaloid songs are about being a Vocaloid. Huh. Kinda interesting.

Bit of elaboration on AKB life, Mayuyu says she tries to always keep a positive outlook, and even if sometimes she goes through tough times, there's no use being negative about it. AKB girls are primarily "self-produced" (isn't that the name of an opening theme song this season?). Kawamori has a rather humorous comment that he thinks an all-male idol group would collapse because girls are better at handling pressure.

Apparently Chieri might be doing some solo work next season. Kawamori asks Mayuyu for her experiences after her solo debut, and what it's like working with a team vs. on your own. According to Mayuyu, "It's a million times more nerve-wracking when you don't have the team with you."

They talk about about AKB's relationship to its fans. Mayuyu says when she does handshaking events, it really energizes her to meet all the people who support her, and in turn those people get energized from meeting their favorite idol. The interviewer comments that the relationship between AKB and its fans is kind of like the relationship between 0048 and the Kirara. Kawamori has a rather interesting comment: when you're working on a project, some things you consciously plan out and include, and other things you include because it "feels" right by instinct, and you don't realize the deeper meaning of it until later.

And it ends with a pretty standard message from Mayuyu to the fans. Thank you for supporting AKB0048, please continue to support us for the second season; you know, the usual.

以上!
Old 2012-11-06, 16:37   Link #2582
Kazu-kun

Thanks a lot Raiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
Kawamori had some rather interesting observations about Mayuyu's performance style, which Mayuyu herself was surprised to hear. He said that the other girls often grip the mic real tightly, while Mayuyu holds it very lightly and even gestures with her fingers as she performs. "It's as if your whole body, right down to your fingertips, is dancing." When Mayuyu acts surprised, Kawamori asks, "Do you do it unconsciously, you think?" "I think so." "Then keep up the unconscious good work!"
He shouldn't have said it. Now she's going to be conscious about it.

Quote:
They talk about Chieri a bit. Mayuyu asks why the change of personality and Kawamori says it's primarily because she found out what her father does for a living.
Well, that explain that.

Quote:
Chieri's dad will have more significance in the story, which will of course affect Chieri's character...
Perfect. I was hoping season 2 would cover that. I want Chieri to face her father. It's going to be awesome.

Quote:
Oh yeah, apparently next season the 0048 members might find themselves on galactic variety shows.
AKBingo galactic edition? I'm throwing money at my monitor but nothing happens. lol

Quote:
Apparently Chieri might be doing some solo work next season.
That sounds really cool. Well, if someone can do solo work amount the Kenkyusei that's Chieri. She could land some modeling gigs, for instance. Something like a solo single would be too much though. =P

Anyway, thanks again for the translation. Now I really can't wait for the second season.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-11-06 at 17:07.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 18:48   Link #2583
chaosprophet

Does anyone remember if/when on the anime is said which number Tsubasa had when she was a successor? Looking at some places people says 7th, and I think it was that too (although don't remember when it is said). But the scans for vol 5 booklet says she was Shinoda Mariko the 8th. I'm wondering whether it's a mistake on the booklet, or an actual change. If we get confirmation of Tsubasa's number on one of the last 3 eps and it was a change, then they will likely change it on the ep itself.
Old 2012-11-06, 20:17   Link #2584
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Official art:

group
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Fanart:

pair
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 10:12   Link #2585
sa547
*Author

Much thanks for the brief version, Raiga-man. Here's some pieces that came from the packaging:

For those with Android phones, this will work in conjunction with Carddass AR products (but still read first for further information including license information before installing; possibly region-locked):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dai.akb0048_ar

BTW, funniest coincidence I ever saw:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-11-07 at 13:17.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 13:00   Link #2586
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Does anyone remember if/when on the anime is said which number Tsubasa had when she was a successor? Looking at some places people says 7th, and I think it was that too (although don't remember when it is said). But the scans for vol 5 booklet says she was Shinoda Mariko the 8th. I'm wondering whether it's a mistake on the booklet, or an actual change. If we get confirmation of Tsubasa's number on one of the last 3 eps and it was a change, then they will likely change it on the ep itself.
In episode 10 Yuuko calls her the 7th. If there was an official change, it might be reflected in the Blu-ray/DVD version of episode 10, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll keep that in mind, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
For those with Android phones, this will work in conjunction with Carddass AR products (but still read first for further information including license information before installing):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...dai.akb0048_ar
The funny thing is I just got a smartphone a few weeks ago, and I actually have the OP single with the AR card. Unfortunately, that app seems to be Japan-only, though I remember somebody cracked it to get it to work on non-Japanese phones... I don't think I can find the cracked version anymore, though.
Old 2012-11-07, 13:19   Link #2587
sa547
*Author

^
Added a warning for that app. Damn, the info on the app page should've said Japan-only OTL.
Old 2012-11-07, 18:21   Link #2588
chaosprophet

Quote:
In episode 10 Yuuko calls her the 7th. If there was an official change, it might be reflected in the Blu-ray/DVD version of episode 10, but I haven't seen it yet. I'll keep that in mind, though.
Ah, thanks for the info. As my own copy of vol 4 isn't here yet I downloaded ep 10 bd. There it's still 7th, so the 8th on the booklet being a mistake is more likely.
Old 2012-11-10, 01:53   Link #2589
sa547
*Author

Mark your calendars: January 5, 2013. Next season begin there!

Participating broadcast stations:
Quote:
tvk、HTB北海道テレビ、TBC東北放送、福島テレビ、とちぎテレビ、群馬テレビ、テレ玉、チバ テレ、
TOKYO MX、三重テレビ、サンテレビ、KBS京都、広島テレビ、TVQ九州放送で放送予定!
http://akb0048.jp/news/

----
Merchandise News

Some Carddass ARs:
https://twitter.com/YS_HONTEN/status...418560/photo/1

Precious Memories Cards:
https://twitter.com/pre_memories/sta...416128/photo/1
http://www.p-memories.com/product_top
Old 2012-11-10, 11:12   Link #2590
chaosprophet

Great news! Now lets hope we get a 2-cour this time.
Old 2012-11-10, 14:14   Link #2591
Kazu-kun

Looking pretty good right there. Totally digging the new costumes.

Also, can anyone tell if the article says something interesting about the second season?
Old 2012-11-10, 18:20   Link #2592
jetblack1979

The photo is really great. Although, I was kind of hoping that Megumi Wanibuchi would be part of the regular casts in season 2. It's only my opinion.
jetblack1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 18:28   Link #2593
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Also, can anyone tell if the article says something interesting about the second season?
Seems like there is some hints for next season. Gotta wait for someone who can translate that well for us though.
Old 2012-11-10, 19:28   Link #2594
jetblack1979

There are some things that I would love to see in AKB0048 season 2, besides who going to be Atsuko Maeda the 14th.

1: I want to see Megumi Wanibuchi becoming a regular cast.
2: I want to see the mystery of the disapearing Center Nova being revolved.
3: I want to see an epic battle between AKB0048 and the D.T.G.O. in which one team will stand and one team will fall.
jetblack1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 19:43   Link #2595
Raiga
tl;dr

From the article above:

Season two focuses on the general elections (sousenkyo, I dunno what the commonly accepted translation is) and there might be new successor characters. Also, more hints that Chieri will take the spotlight with her daddy plot and whatnot.

Oooh, and one of the notes at the bottom says that the second season might begin with the capture of one of the members by the government...
Old 2012-11-10, 19:45   Link #2596
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Oooh, and one of the notes at the bottom says that the second season might begin with the capture of one of the members by the government...
Probably Sonata, since her voice actor is graduating from AKB. Thanks for the summary btw.
Old 2012-11-10, 20:42   Link #2597
chaosprophet

Quote:
Probably Sonata, since her voice actor is graduating from AKB. Thanks for the summary btw.
While a kidnapping would be interesting, I would find it sad if they do that just to avoid changing a VA.

Things I would like to see on season 2:
1) All the 9 main kenkyuusei becoming actual successors, hopefully earlier than later. Would also be nice to see some of the 76th being promoted too, especially Megu.
2) More info about the AKB0048 creation and it's relation with S4.
3) Info about the Centers Nova and their disappearance.
4) Info about Mayuyu, what exactly she is, how she was made, and why.
5) The current generation of idols doing something that will distinguish them from the rest of AKB0048, like doing a decisive move against the entertainment ban.
6) More about Chieri's dad and his company, which seems to already be confirmed.
7) I'm really curious about from which Kenkyusei generation was each of the 9 main sucessors.

I hope season 2 is 2 cour, or if 1 cour then that it won't be the end of the series. IMO it still have a good amount of potential.

I would love to get more detailed info about the girls and the universe, even if only released in supplementary merchandise, like a artbook or the like. For instance, I would like to know more about AKB0048 history: When was it founded? What were the first members on it? how was the ups and downs of 00 during the 40+ years since it was created? There been times where they almost lost the movement? There was times they almost defeat the entertainment ban? Since when was the Center Nova position created?

I would also love to have info like, a list of all Center Novas, when was every kenkyuusei generation recruited, all the names available for AKB00, at which period of time each name got a successor active, etc.

On a side note, Chieri's home planet is Itezastar (射手座星)、which means Sagittarius star. Which is funny considering her dad company name is Zodiac Corporation.
Old 2012-11-10, 23:34   Link #2598
sa547
*Author

Quote:
From the article above:

Season two focuses on the general elections (sousenkyo, I dunno what the commonly accepted translation is) and there might be new successor characters. Also, more hints that Chieri will take the spotlight with her daddy plot and whatnot.
AKB wota call it the senbatsu elections, and normally 64 members are voted on by fans for choice spots such as magazine photo-ops, appearances in advertisements, photobooks, and other special assignments; the top 8 to 16 members get the better jobs, such as being able to perform in major events on national TV (i.e. Music Station and, I forgot but a year-end NHK special with lots of musical performers).

Yes, we'll be seeing more Chieri and her other life as a scion of a major military-industrial complex; we want to know how and why she ran away despite the enormous risks she took, and thus the possible security threat she brought into the organization.

Quote:
Members could be even any of the successor veterans, with next-gen Takamina being very vulnerable as she held high command but harbored fears of leaving the group.

Quote:
As of now and according to Kuumin herself, she said there's no definite date when she'll leave, but I'm sure she'll finish the voice work before graduating.

-----------
New uniforms designed by Risa Ebata:
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2...ull/?cat_id=tw

Last edited by sa547; 2012-11-12 at 06:30.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 09:30   Link #2599
way131238

http://youtu.be/DVYDzFAnmqk
http://youtu.be/e6NE1fRXugM

Senbatsu

Kulala @ Atsuko
Momomikarin @ Yuko
Mikitan @ Takamina
Maimai @ Mayu
Hitomi @ Mariko
Miki @ Yukirin