Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-10, 13:27   Link #12021
Babaganush
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Now as much as I wouldn't like to see a KallenxGino pairing, even I wouldn't go as far as to say it's impossible, or a lie. Nothing yet has been proven. I speak as a die hard fan of the Detective Conan series.
I haven't seen definitive evidence it wont happen. It just seems very unlikely.
Only real lies have been the fake spoilers that were spousing those rumors and feeding into the idea.

Scary how close Ashford came to destruction. I saw Milly running away from the battle long before Freya(how ever it's actually spelled) went off. Here's hoping she made it out and to Ashford, at least.
I actually thought GinoxMilly would be kind of cute. Seems more forced then other pairings, but it could work....I guess.
i donot think there is time for it to be done good

i also donot like the idea of kallen being captured just to develop her with nunally and then throw in a gino x kallen stuff too much convenience

i donot think next episode or two will even have gino and kallen talking so that means only four episodes to develop it which seems bad
Old 2008-08-10, 13:33   Link #12022
TheDisruptiveOne

Something else that has been on my mind.

Who referred to Kallen as an essential character? And what was the context? A magazine interview?
Old 2008-08-10, 13:33   Link #12023
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post

Who referred to Kallen as an essential character? And what was the context? A magazine interview?
In context to Lelouch and Taniguchi I believe.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:34   Link #12024
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
In context to Lelouch and Taniguchi I believe.
you are correct i will link you the post. whether it be romantic or plutonic is still up for grabs. but she is still needed.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:38   Link #12025
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post

Well, she's a critical character just like it was said, since she saved Lelouch in this episode.

I enjoyed the talk between Gino and Kallen on the battlefield. I don't say it's romantic (I don't care at all), but Kallen was surprised when Gino said

"How about you just enjoy it?"

Even in these moments, Gino is a cool guy.

I don't think that he died in this episode. He's alive I think.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:40   Link #12026
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Well, she's a critical character just like it was said, since she saved Lelouch in this episode.

I enjoyed the talk between Gino and Kallen on the battlefield. I don't say it's romantic (I don't care at all), but Kallen was surprised when Gino said

Who died? Gino? who said he died? Hes definitely alive. Right now Gino has to help Suzaku in his sadness. Similiarly to what Kallen will do for Lelouch. Gino for some strange reason always gave me a bad vibe. we shall see. I don't think he played all his cards yet just like Schneizel has definitely has not played all his cards yet.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:42   Link #12027
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Suzaku's not entirely sad, in fact he's set to be downright loony- as the 30 second Turn 19 preview shows.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:42   Link #12028
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
I have a rather flimsy theory. Hear me out and tell me what you think.
We know from summaries of the future episodes that Suzaku seems to be challenging near impossible fights. It's like he has no fear. I'm paraphrasing there.
What my guess is that the trauma of killing so many people could be causing him to seek out death so bad he's throwing himself into challenges in the hope he will find himslf ina position where he can't escape death.
Now IF my theory turns out to be true I think this might actually lead to Gino death. I think something needs to turn Suzaku back from that destructive path. Suzaku might be saved by Gino sacrificing himself. That pretty big leap I know.
Gino does seemed rather concerned for Suzaku. I'm not saying there is any romance there. Just from his appearance he has seemed to want to be close and friendly with him, always clinging or hanging off of him. Even how he talked about wanting to see Suzaku smile again.

That idea though isn't based on anything but my own theories. I'm not trying to pass these off as those lame fake spoilers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Who died? Gino? who said he died? Hes definitely alive. Right now Gino has to help Suzaku in his sadness. Similiarly to what Kallen will do for Lelouch. Gino for some strange reason always gave me a bad vibe. we shall see. I don't think he played all his cards yet just like Schneizel has definitely has not played all his cards yet.
I think I know what you mean. He smiles a bit too much. To the point where you think there must be a twist to his character. I don't think I've ever seen him angry or upset. You do see him upset in that new opening. He really stands out since everyone else looks so happy.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:45   Link #12029
Vakir

Quote:
We know from summaries of the future episodes that Suzaku seems to be challenging near impossible fights. It's like he has no fear. I'm paraphrasing there.
What my guess is that the trauma of killing so many people could be causing him to seek out death so bad he's throwing himself into challenges in the hope he will find himslf ina position where he can't escape death.
The summary says that he's fighting to gain victory over the most powerful opponent.

He's fighting Waldstein and he's doing it to win. Suzaku wants to win, and it is related somehow to some "tragic but brave" decision he makes.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:46   Link #12030
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Now IF my theory turns out to be true I think this might actually lead to Gino death. I think something needs to turn Suzaku back from that destructive path. Suzaku might be saved by Gino sacrificing himself. That pretty big leap I know.
Gino does seemed rather concerned for Suzaku. I'm not saying there is any romance there. Just from his appearance he has seemed to want to be close and friendly with him, always clinging or hanging off of him. Even how he talked about wanting to see Suzaku smile again.

That idea though isn't based on anything but my own theories. I'm not trying to pass these off as those lame fake spoilers.
I don't know at first that Suzaku will be challenging the knight of one but Suzaku does seem looney. Gino character is like actually to be quite honest Rolo's ( at first i said Kallen but rolo will help in the immediate future.) He will help Suzaku. Although I don't know to be quite honest. Everyone has a death flag on them right now.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:48   Link #12031
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
I think I know what you mean. He smiles a bit too much. To the point where you think there must be a twist to his character. I don't think I've ever seen him angry or upset. You do see him upset in that new opening. He really stands out since everyone else looks so happy.
It is possible his fierce face in the OP is being over-interpreted. If not, I'd vouch that he'd have a moment of inner conflict if he's placed in a position where he has to choose between Suzaku and Kallen. Not that that'll happen but it'd be an explicable scenario.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:48   Link #12032
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post

Yeah, I wonder if that's all the "essential" character talk meant. That she would save Lelouch from certain death this episode. I mean, it seems to me that she was easily substitutable in that situation. Jeremiah could have easily shown up to do the dirty work.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:49   Link #12033
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Who? Some people. Maybe not here though (I didn't read through the threads here, too much new posts)

I hope that Gino will get a new knightmare
Old 2008-08-10, 13:50   Link #12034
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by geewhiz View Post
It is possible his fierce face in the OP is being over-interpreted. If not, I'd vouch that he'd have a moment of inner conflict if he's placed in a position where he has to choose between Suzaku and Kallen. Not that that'll happen but it'd be an explicable scenario.
He had to face that decision this episode, and he pretty easily and quickly picked Suzaku. So...
Old 2008-08-10, 13:50   Link #12035
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
The summary says that he's fighting to gain victory over the most powerful opponent.

He's fighting Waldstein, to win.
The summaries I read said:
"Area 11 is in huge chaos. In Lancelot Albion, Suzaku challenges a fight. The gentleness before isn't there anymore. What is the woeful determination that made Suzaku fearless against any opponent?"

This just sounds like a man seeking his own death. To truly lack fear is to desire death. Fear is the instinct that tells us to avoid things that we feel will kill us.

Like I said though. I was just going on a thin theory.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:55   Link #12036
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
"Area 11 is in huge chaos. In Lancelot Albion, Suzaku challenges a fight. The gentleness before isn't there anymore. What is the woeful determination that made Suzaku fearless against any opponent?"

This just sounds like a man seeking his own death. To truly lack fear is to desire death. Fear is the instinct that tells us to avoid things that we feel will kill us.

What was it that I'd said weeks ago?

Oh, yeah: Suzaku will de facto not be able to come around all the way up to at least Turn 25 if at all. It was Taniguchi I think who said (as far back as season 1 wasn't it?) that Lelouch and Suzaku would never again be allies after that op against the JLF. The writers have pulled various things out of their asses to keep it this way. Suzaku and Lelouch are for now destined to be mortal enemies.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:57   Link #12037
Vakir

Quote:

Turn 21- Connection of Ragnarok 「ラグナレク の 接続」 , Aug 31
From Animage
Area 11 falls into chaos. Suzaku is finally determined, and challenges the fight in the strongest nightmare, Lancelot Albion. The opponent is the most powerful. Does Suzaku stand a chance of winning?

From Animedia
Area 11 falls into chaos. "There is no turning back. No, I will not turn back." Suzaku made a tragic but brave decision, and challenges the fight in the strongest nightmare, Lancelot Albion. To win victory against the most powerful opponent, he fights.
Meanwhile, Lelouch is also...
In the world above human beings, the astonishing facts and truth are becoming clear.

Quote:
What was it that I'd said weeks ago?

Oh, yeah: Suzaku will de facto not be able to come around all the way up to at least Turn 25 if at all. It was Taniguchi I think who said (as far back as season 1 wasn't it?) that Lelouch and Suzaku would never again be allies after that op against the JLF. The writers have pulled various things out of there asses to keep it this way. Suzaku and Lelouch are for now destined to be mortal enemies.
By that you mean he's going to die? He can achieve his own goals independent of Lelouch, by the way. That goes double for Lelouch independent of Suzaku's muscle.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:05   Link #12038
geewhiz
transparent amoeba

Quote:
By that you mean he's going to die? He can achieve his own goals independent of Lelouch, by the way. That goes double for Lelouch independent of Suzaku's muscle.
You know what? You're absolutely right. If they work independent of each other for the same goals, they are more likely to succeed in their goals. But the uncanny ability of Brittannia to pit the two against each other has been destructive for their respective interests. Shame they haven't realized this yet.

And no I didn't originally mean I expected him to die - but now it appears looking forward that could happen if Suzaku is able to sacrifice himself by destroying either Charles or Ragnarok.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:07   Link #12039
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Turn 21- Connection of Ragnarok 「ラグナレク の 接続」 , Aug 31
From Animage
Area 11 falls into chaos. Suzaku is finally determined, and challenges the fight in the strongest nightmare, Lancelot Albion. The opponent is the most powerful. Does Suzaku stand a chance of winning?

From Animedia
Area 11 falls into chaos. "There is no turning back. No, I will not turn back." Suzaku made a tragic but brave decision, and challenges the fight in the strongest nightmare, Lancelot Albion. To win victory against the most powerful opponent, he fights.
Meanwhile, Lelouch is also...
In the world above human beings, the astonishing facts and truth are becoming clear.

I hope he challenges the Gurren.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:09   Link #12040
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
I hope he challenges the Gurren.
why? it would be interesting i give you that. Wow that would be tragic.
Both challenging Kallen and The knight of One makes sense. Wow but would that ever be a tragic end for Kallen. I hope its not but it is definitely viable.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoiler, spoilers, theories